***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

SG1, just saw on NFL.com that he would be attending Indy camp.

1. Xavier Grimble, USC (UPDATE: Grimble signed with the New York Giants on Saturday.)
    2. Jake Murphy, Utah (UPDATE: Murphy signed with the Oakland Raiders on Saturday.)
    3. A.C. Leonard, Tennessee St. (UPDATE: Leonard signed with the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday.)
    4. Marcel Jensen, Fresno St. (UPDATE: Jensen signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Saturday.)
    5. Joe Don Duncan, Dixie State (UPDATE: Duncan will attend the Indianapolis Colts' rookie minicamp.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349361/article/top-undrafted-free-agents-following-2014-nfl-draft" rel="nofollow">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349361/article/top-undrafted-free-agents-following-2014-nfl-draft

[/QUOTE] Yes I just found that on another site. It also looks like Richardson will at least be given a tryout with the Patriots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

So with the TE position still up in the air what does it mean? Could it be that they have a handshake deal in place with Keller? Could it be that Gronk is closer to 80% than we all think? Or are they happy with the two UDFA's they still have on their roster along with Hooman and Williams? Well we are a long way down the road to finding out about Gronk, as for the other scenarios it's a wait and see situation..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to SportsGenius1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So with the TE position still up in the air what does it mean? Could it be that they have a handshake deal in place with Keller? Could it be that Gronk is closer to 80% than we all think? Or are they happy with the two UDFA's they still have on their roster along with Hooman and Williams? Well we are a long way down the road to finding out about Gronk, as for the other scenarios it's a wait and see situation..

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

It's scary to think for a coach that has loved TE's that (only because Gronk is consistently getting hurt) this might be one of the weakest TE cores he's had on this team. Even if they sign Keller he's more a slot WR than a TE and who knows what he can give 1 yr removed from a major knee injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

It's scary to think for a coach that has loved TE's that (only because Gronk is consistently getting hurt) this might be one of the weakest TE cores he's had on this team. Even if they sign Keller he's more a slot WR than a TE and who knows what he can give 1 yr removed from a major knee injury.

[/QUOTE]

True. Maybe he won't feature them this year? 

PI mean if Gronk has a late start, even with Keller, the rooks and who we have currently, there is no receiving threat. All chips for this position lie with Gronk. Without him its a very pedestrian group to say the least.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

True. Maybe he won't feature them this year? 

PI mean if Gronk has a late start, even with Keller, the rooks and who we have currently, there is no receiving threat. All chips for this position lie with Gronk. Without him its a very pedestrian group to say the least.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That's why I'm saying, the O is changing.  Look at the OL they drafted, their size compared to what they've had.  Passing on TEs even in later rounds there were still some that were draft worthy.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think it means they'll do what they always do, they'll change and adapt. They did that when they lost their receivers...they became the double tight end offense...they'll do it now by maybe running it more and using the receivers to move the ball in the passing game. We may see two guys out there on opening day that are no threat whatsoever as pass catching tight ends, but they will be blocking. And we may see the running backs catching more passes. The rookie runner White is supposed to be able to catch, we may see him get involved, we know Vareen can catch...who knows? They may even keep Devlin around and have him do a little blocking and catching. It  will be different...and then there is always the chance Gronk comes back and plays like his former self (I can dream).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

TE's to watch Harstock, Byham, and Keller! The other possible June 2nd signings include DB Terell Thomas and OLB James Anderson...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Hartsok and Bynum are worse than Hooman. Please pass.  Keller only if he can pass physical and get on the field ..  Other than that , just switch to WR and RB offense ..  Will still be fun to watch.

Always Right.....at least in my mind

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Finley now cleared by his doctor.. Could it be Finley who winds up lining up as the move TE?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

^ He is supposed to be meeting with a team. No one knows which one.  Maybe NE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

So I've been watching a bit of tape on the 2015 kids and FSU OG Tre' Jackson is my early leader in the clubhouse... though I can't wait to view some of the potential CB's in this class (Shaw, Williams, Waynes, Lyons, Darby, Russell & Carter, etc.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

^ I quicky read an article somewhere that stated both guards were top notch.  It might have been when Dante S went down to work out Stork.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

^ I quicky read an article somewhere that stated both guards were top notch.  It might have been when Dante S went down to work out Stork.

[/QUOTE]

I need to check out the other kid (Matias), but Jackson looks like an absolute stud.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Glad to see you are working on 2015 draft.. I keep trying to put this site on page one, my comments haven't been on the draft but at least it stops the page from turning.

I need to check out the other kid (Matias), but Jackson looks like an absolute stud.

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

So I've been watching a bit of tape on the 2015 kids and FSU OG Tre' Jackson is my early leader in the clubhouse... though I can't wait to view some of the potential CB's in this class (Shaw, Williams, Waynes, Lyons, Darby, Russell & Carter, etc.)

[/QUOTE]

2015 this early?

Let's go!!!!

D J Reader, DT, Promising big guy in the middle

Travis Freeney, LB, Fast LB with a frame that can go to 240 lbs easily

Green-Backham, WR, For those who look like tall receivers, this one is 6-6. Runs a 10.9 100m!

Shilique Calhoun, DE, Don't know much, but I saw this kid run down a RB on the flat

Ryan Russell, DE, disappeared last year, but two years ago this kid showed impressive talent that needed technical instruction

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Is it august 7th yet?  can't wait to see these guys go in the first preseason game.  I'm really anxious to see how the Pats use Jemea, I think he's a keeper.  Yes the height thing might be less than ideal but can't coach his instincts between and Harmon I think they'll be better off at S than most expect that is IF DM doesn't get injured.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Glad to see you are working on 2015 draft.. I keep trying to put this site on page one, my comments haven't been on the draft but at least it stops the page from turning.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They also have one of the best if not the best OT prospect...their OL this year could have started for several NFL teams.

Sections
Shortcuts