***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Does anyone go on NEPatriotsdraft.com?

they did a brief kinda mock for us and it was a real hit.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014/01/2014-nfl-draft-post-senior-bowl-patriots-mock-draft.html

Team Needs: TE, DT, OG, DE, WR, RB, LB

First Round (29)Louis Nix III, DT, Notre Dame
    After Vince Wilfork went down the Patriots run defense was a major area of weakness with teams just gashing big run after big run. Guys like Chris Jones and Joe Vellano played admirably, but they were put in a role that wasn’t cut out for them. Players like Louis Nix are rare, in that he is a massive kid (345 lbs.), but carries the weight well and moves fluidly for his size. The lack of size and point of attack strength is what really killed the Patriots run defense.

Their DT were unable to anchor and hold the line of scrimmage, creating massive running lanes. Plugging another 330 lbs + run defender next to Vince Wilfork immediately makes the Patriots interior defensive line better. With two space eaters, the Patriots LB will have an easier job and teams won’t be able to carve up the middle of the Patriots defense with such ease.

Second RoundAustin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Whether the Patriots have to trade up into the middle of the second round or sit tight they can’t afford to come out of this draft without landing one of the top 3-4 TE prospects. I know people will knock Seferian-Jenkins for his lack of effort at times and his perseved attitude issues, but that will likely help the Patriots land him in the second round. ASJ is literally a power forward on the football field. His size and catch radius present such a mismatch for defenders that once he gets put in a system and learns the finer points of the position he will dominate.

Seferian-Jenkins is a willing blocker and I believe that like Gronkowski he can develop into a very good NFL run blocker with time. Obviously the Patriots could target Amaro in the first round, but they’d miss out on improving the run defense. Rolling the dice and making a move for ASJ in the second round makes more sense to me. Gronk and Seferian-Jenkins together could arguably be a bigger mismatch than Gronkowski-Hernandez, because both guys are just so big and long.

Third RoundAaron Lynch, DE/OLB, South Florida
    Pass rush is one need that is really being understated by people that evaluate the Patriots. I thought their pass rush really let them down when it counted last year and needs to improve this year. Aaron Lynch is someone that not enough people are paying attention to. He had one of the best freshman performances I’ve seen from a pass rusher while at Notre Dame. After that season Lynch decided to transfer closer to home in Florida, ended up at USF. Lynch is up to 260 pounds, training at API and from all indications I’ve gotten he’s ready to tear up the combine. At 6’5″ 260+ he fits the Patriots edge rush model.

He can play both 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB, adding versatility to the Patriots front. Bill Belichick goes down to USF pro day every year and loves taking kids from this program. Lynch will get knocked because he wasn’t as productive on a real bad USF team. Put on his freshman tape, project him playing at 265 pounds, and tell me he can’t help the Patriots pass rush.

Fourth RoundJoel Bitonio, OT/OG, Nevada
    Out of all the OL I talked to in Mobile, Bitonio was the one that impressed me the most. He really understood blocking concepts and was able to explain responsibilities at multiple positions on the offensive line. Bitonio is in the same mold of Zack Martin for me, a player that can be a good OT in the NFL, but could be an even better offensive OG. Bitonio played left tackle at Nevada and shu t down UCLA’s Anthony Barr when they matched up back in September.

From watching him in practice he seems like a very savvy offensive lineman. He keeps good positioning, a wide base, and uses his hands well. Even though he is likely to be a 3rd or 4th round guy, he can come in and start right away in my opinion.

Sixth Round (via Philly)Vinnie Sunseri, SAF, Alabama
    Sunseri opted to enter the draft a year early, despite tearing his ACL this past fall. I really like watching Sunseri on film. He’s a smart player and the son of a football coach, so he’s grown up around the game. Sunseri has experience as a dime and nickel back in Alabama’s defense and was elevated to starting strong safety as a Junior.

The reason I love Sunseri is because what he can offer on Special Teams. He made an immediate impact at Alabama on special teams and even if he never develops into a starting strong safety in the NFL, he’ll be a core special teams guy at the very least. One of my favorite prospects in the draft.

Sixth Round – Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana
    If you don’t know about Latimer right now, you probably will after the combine. He’s a big, strong, fast Wide Receiver that was the centerpiece of the Hoosiers high powered offensive attack. While I think the Patriots probably opt to upgrade the receiver position through free agency they will use a late round pick on a high upside guy.

At 6’3″ 215 pounds Latimer adds more physicality and size to a position that lacked it for much of the year. At worst he comes in and is an upgrade over Kenbrell Thompkins.

Sixth Round (Compensatory for Patrick Chung)Jordan Tripp, OLB, Montana
    Tripp’s a four year starter at the University of Montana and an ultra-productive defender. Went down to Mobile this week and didn’t look out of place. At 6’3 and close to 240 pounds he has the size the Patriots like from the position and plays with a great motor. At this point in the draft teams look for depth players and players they can develop, Tripp is an under the radar guy that I believe eventually becomes a productive NFL LB.

Sixth Round (Compensatory for Donald Thomas)James White, RB, Wisconsin
    There will be shake-ups at RB this off-season, which will result in the Patriots drafting one at some point in the draft. White really impressed me at the Senior Bowl with his pass blocking potential. He wasn’t afraid to initiate the contact and used his hands to punch the defender. He showed better hands than I expected and ran hard. His lower body is really built and should be able to run through lower body contact. We all know his story at Wisconsin and I believe he becomes a better NFL RB than he was in college.

Sevneth RoundMatt Patchan, OT, Boston College
    Patchan gives the Patriots an athletic developmental tackle prospect that has experience starting on the left side.  Patchan showed up to the Senior Bowl with a rocked up, tall, physical body. He impressed this year at BC opening holes for Heisman Finalist Andre Williams and is worth a late round flyer at this point in the draft.

*It’s possible the Patriots could get an additional 7th Round Compensation pick for Danny Woodhead.

I would love this draft! Positively gitty if this actually happened honestly thought I think they could get Lynch in the 4th and in the 3rd get Exum. Actually Lynch is starting to appear in my mocks now. Huge upside for the kid (if he doesn't get homesick) in the mid rounds sounds like BB's type of pick.

It really would be a solid haul.

1.  Don't think there's a better possible pick for themin this draft than Irish Chocolate!

2.  I'm not a huge ASJ guy, but that's good value at the end of Rd 2.

3.  At this point, why not take a chance at a potential edge guy.  I do agree that Exum would be nice here, as would a kid like Jared Abbrederis or CJF (double up at TE) or Weston Richburg or EJ Gaines or Yawin Smallwood, etc.

4.  Bitonio is a steal in Rd 4 and a very underrated name in this draft... check him out 1 on 1 vs. Anthony Barr, when he was the LT at Nevada... more than held his own and he def has some Mankins to his game.

5.  That's some solid Day 3 value... really like the Sunseri, Latimer and White picks, etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Why do you think Nix will be around when we pick?????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Realistically, I don't think anybody expects Nix to be available at #29.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Realistically, I don't think anybody expects Nix to be available at #29.

I think he will be gone by #20.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Green Bay at 21

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I have another sleeper to add to the list:

Maryland CB Dexter McDougle (5-10 195):

The Good:  

*Extremely quick feet and good hips.

*Very good cover guy with the ability to mirror.

*Very good speed (low 4.4) with the ability to turn and run with most WR's.

*Playmaker in coverage with good ball skils and the ability to create after the INT.

*Plays much bigger than his size and is physical/effective in run support.

*Good ST player.

The Not so good:

*Size is not ideal

*Missed most of 2013 after injuring his shoulder in game 3, so durablity is a question, though he played (2) full seasons prior.

Projection:

This kid has a lot of what BB values in a CB... quick feet, excels in coverage, physical in run support and can make plays... with his injury and size, he could bring some very good value as a Day 3 pick with one of their 6th rounders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1b.asp

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts

Draft Tek has Notre Dame DT Louis Nix going at 25, NFL Draft Countdown has him going at 14.  The NFL.com mocks have him going at 14, 21, and two predict SF takes him at 30.

So Nix's range seems to be 14-30.  There are several trade partners in that range that we could work with if he gets past Chicago at 14.  There's Dallas sitting at 17, GB at 21, and Philly at 22.  But it would cost an extra 300 (the exact value of our 2nd) to move up to 17.

Putting him next to Big Vince would be nice though.  Seeing the injuries this season, I think it's safe to say that the Pats have depth on the bench.  Now we need to move up and snag a superstar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Back to the Ryan Mallett trade idea for a minute. I kind of wonder how smart it would really be for New England to trade him at this point. I suppose if he isn't a guy can envision taking over as the franchise quarterback, they might as well, but if they think there is potential there it would be pretty foolish to trade him away for a mid round pick or two.  As a guy who has been in our system for a few years now, and who has been groomed behind Tom Brady, I have to think he is a pretty valuable piece to our organization if there is potential there at all.  When I think about this upcoming draft,the idea of trading him for a pick or two is pretty enticing,but when I look at what he could mean to the long term success of our team,I kind of think they should keep them around if he is progressing well.  The sad truth of the matter is that Tom Brady can't play forever...  Either way, this will be an interesting situation to monitor as the draft gets closer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Back to the Ryan Mallett trade idea for a minute. I kind of wonder how smart it would really be for New England to trade him at this point. I suppose if he isn't a guy can envision taking over as the franchise quarterback, they might as well, but if they think there is potential there it would be pretty foolish to trade him away for a mid round pick or two.  As a guy who has been in our system for a few years now, and who has been groomed behind Tom Brady, I have to think he is a pretty valuable piece to our organization if there is potential there at all.  When I think about this upcoming draft,the idea of trading him for a pick or two is pretty enticing,but when I look at what he could mean to the long term success of our team,I kind of think they should keep them around if he is progressing well.  The sad truth of the matter is that Tom Brady can't play forever...  Either way, this will be an interesting situation to monitor as the draft gets closer.

Yeah, they'll certainly need to determine what his long term value is to the franchise as he's a FA after next season... so either get some value/draft pick(s) for him while you can or give him another contract.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Green Bay at 21

Not even sure he'll make it to 21 but you're right GB won't let him by so if we want him we'll have to move up 10 spots to get him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, they'll certainly need to determine what his long term value is to the franchise as he's a FA after next season... so either get some value/draft pick(s) for him while you can or give him another contract.

Pretty much.  I loved the pick when it was made.  Guy has tremendous size and talent.  If he has been improving and progressing during his time in NE, I hate to see them trade him for picks.  I guess the million dollar question is how many quality years does Brady have left.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

MB this draft is starting to give me the gut feeling that someone is going to offer BB a butt load of draft picks for #29, and with the depth of this draft he might just trade out. Just a feeling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

MB this draft is starting to give me the gut feeling that someone is going to offer BB a butt load of draft picks for #29, and with the depth of this draft he might just trade out. Just a feeling.

I wouldn't mind that this year, unless a slam dunk talent is there at 29, like Nix, I'm ok with moving back a bit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I wouldn't mind that this year, unless a slam dunk talent is there at 29, like Nix, I'm ok with moving back a bit.

I agree.

If both Nix and Tuitt are gone, I want Daquan Jones. Does anyone believe that D Jones will still be on the board when the Pats pick their second rounder? I don't. I think they need to get him in the first third of the second round. So, maybe a good scenario would be to trade out of the first and then turn it into a high second (probably will take more than one transaction). 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I agree.

If both Nix and Tuitt are gone, I want Daquan Jones. Does anyone believe that D Jones will still be on the board when the Pats pick their second rounder? I don't. I think they need to get him in the first third of the second round. So, maybe a good scenario would be to trade out of the first and then turn it into a high second (probably will take more than one transaction). 

From all the Mocks I've read D'Quan Jones should still be on the board in round 3, so I'm guessing he's still available at 59. So if the Patriots want him they will have to beat O'Brien to him, my guess is that Bill O'Brien will take a QB with his number 1 or he'll take Clowney, that leaves two scenarios: one he takes Clowney and takes one of the secondary QB's in round 2 or reverse the thought and put D'Quan in at the top of round 2. Leaving BB holding an empty hand. For those who are worried about the health of the Fork, don't forget that they have Porkchop Grissom still under contract, and Armstead to go with the youngsters who performed rather nicely though not Pro Bowlers they worked out well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

This year's draft seems very deep, with a record number of underclassmen delaring (94, I think).  I think this is the year to draft out and also trade Mallett in order to maximize our number draft picks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's deep but not so much in areas that the Pats crave. RG/C you can get in any draft in the 2-5 round range and that would be a need for the Pats

The top end talent at TE is great but past the top 6 or so I'm not overly excited so I would still grab one in the top 3 rounds

The talent a DT is actually fairly thin pst round 2 mid round 3

All of which I say whould be priorities. No more failing back in the draft and drafting quantity. We did that in 10', 11', 12', and last year and how many of those players remained on the team? The only consistent thing in any of those drafts is the higher pick players performed and the mid -> lower players are either subs or aren't on the team. We need talent not good sub players. This team has been outclassed in every aspect in the playoffs the last number of years because they lacked the upfront talent. Now is the time to move up and grab that talent. Get a Nix, or an Ebron, or an Amaro. We have plenty of back end picks (looks like we might receive two 6ths and a 7th compensation pick). If we get the compensation picks we will have 6 day 3 picks. How many more day 3 picks do you want? Brady doesn't have an infinite lifespan so do you really want to push a deep draft into next year and say Brady will be a year older but at least we have even more picks? Frankly I would use my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to somehow move up and get one of the top TE and Nix. Then trade a 2nd next year to move back into the early 3rd to get Exum and use those 6 day 4 picks to load up on OL, maybe a big WR who drops, and if Lynch drops take a chance on him like you did Buchanan

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

It's deep but not so much in areas that the Pats crave. RG/C you can get in any draft in the 2-5 round range and that would be a need for the Pats

The top end talent at TE is great but past the top 6 or so I'm not overly excited so I would still grab one in the top 3 rounds

The talent a DT is actually fairly thin pst round 2 mid round 3

All of which I say whould be priorities. No more failing back in the draft and drafting quantity. We did that in 10', 11', 12', and last year and how many of those players remained on the team? The only consistent thing in any of those drafts is the higher pick players performed and the mid -> lower players are either subs or aren't on the team. We need talent not good sub players. This team has been outclassed in every aspect in the playoffs the last number of years because they lacked the upfront talent. Now is the time to move up and grab that talent. Get a Nix, or an Ebron, or an Amaro. We have plenty of back end picks (looks like we might receive two 6ths and a 7th compensation pick). If we get the compensation picks we will have 6 day 3 picks. How many more day 3 picks do you want? Brady doesn't have an infinite lifespan so do you really want to push a deep draft into next year and say Brady will be a year older but at least we have even more picks? Frankly I would use my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to somehow move up and get one of the top TE and Nix. Then trade a 2nd next year to move back into the early 3rd to get Exum and use those 6 day 4 picks to load up on OL, maybe a big WR who drops, and if Lynch drops take a chance on him like you did Buchanan

I agree 100% Eng.  I'd draft a DT and a TE with our first 2 picks.  Nix would be great, but I don't think I'd trade up past #20 for him.  He is still a 340+ guy coming off of a knee injury.  Not saying I wouldn't draft him, but I wouldn't move up more than 9 picks for him, and I doubt he even gets to #20.  Even still, I think BB could sit tight at 29 and that one of the elite TEs will be there.  Draft best available TE at 29, then move up in the second round as you suggested to get D. Jones, or best available DT.  After that we could even trade away a 2015 2nd, as you suggest, to grab another talent  in the late-second or early third.  If we can come out of this draft with 3 or 4 talented and HEALTHY starting-caliber players, and then another 2-3 high upside depth guys, we will have done very well.  I like your thoughts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I agree.

From all the Mocks I've read D'Quan Jones should still be on the board in round 3, so I'm guessing he's still available at 59. So if the Patriots want him they will have to beat O'Brien to him, my guess is that Bill O'Brien will take a QB with his number 1 or he'll take Clowney, that leaves two scenarios: one he takes Clowney and takes one of the secondary QB's in round 2 or reverse the thought and put D'Quan in at the top of round 2. Leaving BB holding an empty hand. For those who are worried about the health of the Fork, don't forget that they have Porkchop Grissom still under contract, and Armstead to go with the youngsters who performed rather nicely though not Pro Bowlers they worked out well.

Mocks may say one thing, but my eyes tell me that Jones probably doesn't get out of Rd 2 and may be gone by the middle of it.  There's a premium on big, athletic DT's that can play across multiple fronts.

Vellano and Jones flashed some ability and I'm interested to see what Grissom can do, but I want them to increase the talent upfront, maybe leave specialists like Jones for subpackages or obvious passing downs.

Teams were able to run on them pretty easily last year and if you're giving up decent yardage on 1st or even 2nd down your DB's are at a disadvantage trying to stop the underneath stuff (that they generally give away as part of their scheme) on 3rd and s/hort/medium.  You add a DaQuan Jones to VW and TK and it's going to be aweful tough for teams to gut them on the ground.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

How can these sites not believe this team needs a Big, strong, Smart Safety. Is beyond me.

Probably this weekend you still see the same old thing

Defense wins Championships

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

How can these sites not believe this team needs a Big, strong, Smart Safety. Is beyond me.

What sites are you referring to?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So my thinking right now. I've almost convinced myself you need to take a DT or TE in the 1st this year. Mainly because when you start to get into the late 2nd the talent really starts to drop off at those positions. So knowing that, BB will most likely take a punter or another CB. But right now pre-combine my ideal draft would be (assuming 2 6ths and a 7th as compensation):

1st - If Nix falls into the 20's (something I doubt would happen) I'd move up to get Nix. Since that's doubtful in my mind it comes down to how BB feels about Hagemans potential. If he sees the Watt upside in Hageman and says well there's my Watt at value I could easily see him taking Hageman. However, that comes the risk of him failing, not to mention after the senior bowl Hageman's stock has been on the decline so Hageman might actually be had in the mid to late 2nd. A safer pick for BB might Amaro. He's got the size BB likes in TE's, has Gronk catching ability up the seem, and is an above average blocking TE. He's a perfect fit with Gronk in a 2 TE system and if Gronk goes down can be a #1 TE in a 1 TE set.

2nd - If BB goes DT with the 1st I'd expect him to grab a TE in the 2nd as the talent really starts to drop off quickly. Fiedorowicz is the first name that comes to mind for me. BB has stayed in contact with Hern's brother (Fiedorowicz TE coach) and BB has been to a number of his practices. There is a lot to like from Fiedorowicz, he's a solid all around TE. He might not blow you away in the passing game or bully DL in the running game but he just does his job quietly. Except for draftniks he might also be a guy most people don't know about and scratch their heads. Niklas is another name to watch out for. Niklas has huge upside and honestly if not for the great upfront TE talent in this draft he'd be in discussion for a 1st round pick. Of course if they go TE in the first I'd go DT in the 2nd. There is that remote possibility Hageman drops this far if his combine doesn't go great but the name to watch out for is DaQuan Jones. For some reason BB likes Jones's they are like pokemon to him. But this DT Jones can play. He's been a hot name in the 2nd for good reason. Of course BB always surprises us in the 2nd so a RG or C is not out of question with Travis Swanson the #1 C on the board.

3rd - Here I would be looking DB and Exum would be my guy. If not for injury issues he'd be a fringe 1st rounder so two rounds back makes sense for him. Well worth the risk as he has the size to play SS, the speed to play FS, and the coverage ability to play CB. He's the ultimate swing player in teh DB when healthy. A late 3rd round seems like a good spot to take an injury risk player with tons of upside. I've also heard Lynch attached to this spot but I would hold off on him as the homesick DE might fall into day 3 in many coaches eyes. Coleman the Rutgers WR also seems like a good fit here as well as Yankey the G/T from Princton and Walker G/T from USC

4th - Now this is where I'd look at OL. The meat of the OL seems to be in the 3-5 range this year. You have Walker, Bitonio, Flemming, Larsen, Ikard take your choice all have starter upside. This is also the area to take a chance on a kid like McCullers for DT. The size alone is worth the risk but it depends on how they feel about Siliga though doubling down on DT might be a good idea this year.

6th/7th - We might have 4 6th round picks and 2 in the 7th and there is a lot of good sleepers out there in this range. Some of my personal favorites Jon Don Duncan TE, Isaiah Crowell RB, this is where I'd grab Lynch if available, Hoffman WR, Neutz WR, Morris LB/S, McGill CB. Personally with 6 picks in the last 2 rounds and 4 in the 6th I'd take a look at a high upside WR to compete with Harrison in camp, a 3rd down pass catching back to backup Vereen, and either a pass rushing specialist or an extra TE. Then the remainder big and nastiest on the OL. There are a number of high upside OL who have dropped because of injury. If you can get day 2 talent in the back of the draft injury concerns aren't a problem for me. Even if 2 turn into nothing possible getting a starting caliber OL in the back of the draft is worth that risk, just not at the beginning of the draft. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Assuming Nix is long gone by pick #20, eliminating a realistic chance to trade up for him, here is a good scenario in my eyes...

1st Round:

#29  Traded away to Cleveland for pick #36; #71 (3rd); and #133 (5th rnd)

2nd Round:

#36 (From Clev)  OL  Zach Martin   ND

#44  (From Stl)  TE  Troy Niklas  ND   *NE gives up #59; #93 (3rd); and #189 (6th rnd)*

#62  (From SF)  DT  DaQuan Jones  PSU  *NE gives up #71 and #133 (both via CLE)*

3rd Round:

No picks.  Traded Out.

4th Round:

#99 (From Atl)  WR Brandon Coleman  Rutgers  *NE gives up #125 & 2015 4th*

5th Round:

#138  (From JAX)  OLB  Christian Kirksey  Iowa  *NE gives up #182 (6th); #221 (7th); and 2015 6th*

6th Round:

Comp. Pick:  SS Isaiah Lewis  Michigan St.

Comp. Pick:  DT  Caraun Reid  Princeton

7th Round:

Comp. Pick:  TE  Colt Lyerla  Oregon   (risky player, I know...)

Lots of trades, but a realistic scenario, I believe.  We would be tapping into our 2015 picks by trading away our 4th and 6th rounders next year, but I think this draft, or one similar, would give us 3 or 4 immediate impact starters, as well as 3 or 4 high upside depth players.  What do you all think?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

NEPatriotsdraft.com  It doesn't have Safety as a need. With TE's being a focus, you need Big Fast, and most important smart Safeties. I'm going with fast LB's too. 5'10-6'0" Safeties are just too overmatched.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

NEPatriotsdraft.com  It doesn't have Safety as a need. With TE's being a focus, you need Big Fast, and most important smart Safeties. I'm going with fast LB's too. 5'10-6'0" Safeties are just too overmatched.

It probably all depends on the S... I'd take Seattle S Earl Thomas in a S... he might be the best overall S in the game.

You could argue that S isn't a need because they have starting caliber personnel on the roster, but I agree (and have posted as such for a couple years) that a big, physical S would be a welcome addition.

Sections
Shortcuts