***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]Small school Starr ready to shine at NFL scouting combine

February 13, 2014 9:29 am ET 

One scout's praise for Tyler Starr: 'Extremely athletic and plays with a high motor.' (Univ. of So. Dakota)

Just how small is the hometown of rising NFL prospect Tyler Starr?

"I think I can name everybody and the street they live on in town," said the University of South Dakota linebacker.

For the record, the population in Starr's hometown is 459. But the Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year has put Little Rock, Iowa, on the NFL scouting map. An impressive showing last month at the East-West Shrine Game helped get the 6-foot-4¼, 250-pound linebacker a spot at next week's NFL combine in Indianapolis.

"I like him a lot," said one NFL scout. "He's tall, long and extremely athletic and plays with a high motor. I'd heard some chatter about him this fall and went to see him, and he's way more athletic than I thought he'd be. You still wonder if he has enough power and strength at the point of attack right now to be an every-down guy, but he really has a knack for rushing the passer and he has some real third-down value."

2014 Draft Prospect Rankings: Tyler Starr No. 23 among OLBs

Word is, Starr should turn heads at the combine, not just for the long blonde hair that he hasn't cut since his freshman year at USD. Starr says he hass clocked a three-cone drill time of 6.29 in his training sessions in Tennessee. For comparison's sake, the fastest time in Indy last year was 6.52 by cornerback Will Davis from Utah. Oregon WR Jeff Maehl clocked a 6.42 in 2011, which the NFL considers its recent best. The fastest time by a linebacker last year was 6.71 by Mizzou's Zavier Gooden.

"I think I can blow that drill out of the water," Starr told CBSSports.com on Tuesday night. Even if he's anywhere near that mark, his stock should continue to rise.

[/QUOTE]

This one's got my attention. Upon reading this, I immediately had to check my DVR if I still have the Shrine game. Looks like I will be watching football this weekend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One scout's praise for Tyler Starr: 'Extremely athletic and plays with a high motor.' (Univ. of So. Dakota)

"I think I can name everybody and the street they live on in town," said the University of South Dakota linebacker.

For the record, the population in Starr's hometown is 459. But the Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year has put Little Rock, Iowa, on the NFL scouting map. An impressive showing last month at the East-West Shrine Game helped get the 6-foot-4¼, 250-pound linebacker a spot at next week's NFL combine in Indianapolis.

"I like him a lot," said one NFL scout. "He's tall, long and extremely athletic and plays with a high motor. I'd heard some chatter about him this fall and went to see him, and he's way more athletic than I thought he'd be. You still wonder if he has enough power and strength at the point of attack right now to be an every-down guy, but he really has a knack for rushing the passer and he has some real third-down value."

Word is, Starr should turn heads at the combine, not just for the long blonde hair that he hasn't cut since his freshman year at USD. Starr says he hass clocked a three-cone drill time of 6.29 in his training sessions in Tennessee. For comparison's sake, the fastest time in Indy last year was 6.52 by cornerback Will Davis from Utah. Oregon WR Jeff Maehl clocked a 6.42 in 2011, which the NFL considers its recent best. The fastest time by a linebacker last year was 6.71 by Mizzou's Zavier Gooden.

"I think I can blow that drill out of the water," Starr told CBSSports.com on Tuesday night. Even if he's anywhere near that mark, his stock should continue to rise.

[/QUOTE]

This one's got my attention. Upon reading this, I immediately had to check my DVR if I still have the Shrine game. Looks like I will be watching football this weekend.

[/QUOTE] lucky that you may have the Shrine game on tape! Or you would have to watch the Olympics from Sochi!!!! Snooze button on... Starr seems a little to good to be true,kind of like Sudfeld, though Starr hasn't been drafted by the Patriots or any other team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Interesting read.....

UNDER-THE-RADAR PROSPECTS TO WATCH FOR THE 2014 DRAFT 

by Colin Lindsay
    GBN Editor and Publisher

For the most part, the NFL draft is the preserve of the big-time college football programs. Indeed, every year, something in the neighborhood of 85% of all players drafted are from a D1A school with the large majority of those coming from BCS conferences. Hope springs eternal though, and NFL teams - and their most loyal followers - are always looking for that diamond in the rough who just might be the difference between an also-ran and a championship team and over the course of the next couple of months we'll profile some of the more intrigued so-called sleepers for the upcoming draft.

February 14, 2014

Profiles of 5 unheralded prospects who have been invitedto this year's scouting combine in Indianapolis

DT Tenny Palepoi; Utah, 6-1, 300, 5.15 …  Underrated interior defensive lineman was a junior college All-American in 2011 and then was part of a rotation backing up 2013 first rounder Star Lotulelei last fall, but had a productive year this past season when he finally got a chance to start regularly. Built a little bit like a fire hydrant with very good strength, he did a nice job clogging up the middle as the Utes’ nose tackle this past year as he finished with 53 tackles, including 4.5 sacks and 5 other tackles for loss. Has good quickness off the snap and can deliver an effective punch; also plays with good leverage and has a quality motor, but lacks much in the way of polished pass rush moves and maybe limited to a two-down role at next level; has good bloodlines though as he is the younger brother of former NFL DE Anton Palepoi who played for 6 years in the league.

DT Mike Pennel; Colorado State - Pueblo; 6-3, 365, 5.25 … Could be one of the biggest stories of the combine - both literally and figuratively - although he does not have much of a track record on the field and also appears to be bringing a lot of baggage. Indeed, brings new meaning to the term ‘million-dollar talent, 5-cent brain!‘ Certainly will be hard to miss at the combine as he is a genuinely massive guy at over 365 pounds who was a junior college All-American in 2011 when he had 5 sacks at Scottsdale CC in Arizona. Originally committed to Arkansas for his junior year in 2012, but ultimately ended up at Arizona State where he played in only 5 games that year after being suspended twice for not meeting team standards. Pennel then moved on to CSU-Pueblo last fall, but again spent much of the season in the coach’s proverbial doghouse. In fact, was suspended three times for a total of 6 games this past season for a variety of infractions. However, NFL teams still want to see this guy at the combine as he has been described as having “once-in-20-years" physical talent. When motivated he is a true space eater with surprisingly light feet and while he likely lacks the overall range to make a lot of plays himself at the next level, could be a dominating pocket buster who demands constant double-teaming.

CB Todd Washington, Southeastern Louisiana; 5-11, 190, 4.55 … Originally a top 50 type prep recruit who signed at Memphis and started for the Tigers as a true freshman, before transferring to SE Louisiana. Was also considered to be one of the top small-school prospects in the country heading into the season, but ultimately played in only 8 games because of an injury. Physical player with good length could also get some looks at safety at the next level; has been effective jamming receivers at the line of scrimmage and has reasonably fluid hips, but lacks true top-end recovery speed. Also aggressive when the ball is in the air, but lacks great ball skills.

CB Keith Reaser, Florida Atlantic, 5-11, 190, 4.45 … Athletic 5th year senior was also a track star in high school where he qualified for the Florida state championships in both the 100 and 200Ms with a PB of 10.7 in the former; and its that speed that likely got Reaser invited to the combine as he has never been super productive at FAU, although he was a three year starter; versatile corner also played some safety at FAU and could get looks at the next level as a slot corner; has good size and is a solid tackler with a knck forgetting into the backfield; indeed, had 158 career stops at FAU including 17 for loss; also had 5 career picks, but has never been that instinctive when the ball is in the air and lacks great ball skills; may also be limited at the combine as he suffered a second ending torn ACL in October.

OG Conor Boffeli; Iowa, 6-3, 295, 5.20 … Veteran interior offensive linemen with some athletic ability who could get some late-round interest from team’s looking for a developmental prospect upfront. Fifth senior barely played at all until late in his junior season, but started the past 15 games for the Hawkeyes and was an Honorable mention on the Big Ten conference team this past fall; was an all-state TE in high school; well built OG with good length and the frame to add some weight; has long arms and very good feet; physical run blocker fires out off the snap, can get to the second level and goes all out every play; versatile player could also be a factor at C; needs to get stronger, though, and refine technique especially in pass protection; outstanding character player earned academic all-conference honors the past four years.

[/QUOTE]

I've mentioned Palepoi a couple of times... seems like a high motor kid with a very good burst and lateral agility... I'll have to look into the rest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do agree to an extenet Low but BB tends to build up areas he takes a lot of flak for in the offseasons. WR after 06', CB almost every year after horrible showings. This year he was killed because the one thing you could say about a BB D was they were stout against the run and this year they got killed up the middle. Honestly simply because BB hates being questioned he'll take a DT early or make a big move for a DT just so he doesn't get questioned for it again. 

But as you said Amaro is really hard to turn down. I still wouldn't doubt he's targeting Fiedorowicz. Solid overall TE, with a solid senior bowl performance. IMO will be underrated in the draft and also has the connection to Hern's borther at Iowa who BB has kept in contact with. Hard to believe BB would stay in contact with the brother and visit practices unless he plans to use him in the future about talent and Fiedorowicz seems like a BB type of TE. Not to mention he might be had in the 3rd which would give BB great value.

[/QUOTE]

Could very well be right Eng. 

Honestly this thread does a very good job of identifying players every year that end up not being available by the time draft rolls around and everyone else catches up to how good those players look.

I would not be surprised at all if Nix, Tuitt, Hageman, Amaro, etc are all off the board by the Pats pick.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah we do a pretty good job picking players in the day1-2 range, esp in Sept when these guys are relatively unknowns.I honestly believe given NFL resources some on the thread would do ok as scouts. Not great and not GM level but scouts sure if they put their minds on it.

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to get some sort of a scouting certifiaction, if such a thing even exists.  Imagine how cool it woud be to scout for a living... doing something that I do for free... and get paid for it!  I do hate to travel though, so that could be a bit of an issue, ha.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't ever expect any of my picks to be taken by BB. I had Solder and Vollmer right but wasn't even close on several other guys, lucky me I had Hernandez right and figured they would double up with Gronk or Pitta, again I was right in a sort of offhanded way because I had AH going before Gronk/Pitta little did I know that they valued Gronk a little higher than AH. I also thought for sure the Eric Decker was headed here instead of Taylor Price and I'm probably right because i think Josh McD caught wind of what BB was planning and he traded up to a couple of spots before the Pats pick at 89. I had an inkling that TB was going to be taken, only because Bill Walsh was bragging that he would be taking a local boy if he got the chance so I read between the lines and the only local boy coming out worth a crap was TB. I didn't see Mayo,Wilfork, Jones, and Hightower. Though I liked them I didn't see the ancillary moves necessary to make all those selections.I am no more than an ametuer GM. That's why I come here to read your thoughts as to where we might be leaning. MB,PatsEng, SeattlePat,JJdBrasil and all of you guys who sit and follow these guys you might be qualified as scouts, but I'm not. I enjoy the guessing game aspect of trying to read BB's tea leaves. So the I've made a few observations on this years drafting prospects, I am going to have to hear some of the language when BB talks to get a better perspective of where he's headed draft wise. Also just so you all know I'm going to keep this thread on the front page where it belongs. Even if I have to blog a diatribe like this every once in awhile.. You all are very informative.Thanks

[/QUOTE]

I will never be a scout.  I do not have enough experience in football.  However, I like researching and reading about players, football and try to make the fit.  Anyone can come on this thread (because MB sets the example) and comment.  I find it extremely important to hear other opinions, because unlike other threads and their posters, this thread values opinion and doesn't have "know it alls".  I mentioned this before, I am lucky if I get 1 player that NE drafts.  I like the process of the search, plain and simple.  I also see myself as trying to provide the thread with information so anyone can come on and read something useful.

[/QUOTE]

I think that's a key point to the relative long term success of this thread... there are no agenda's and all opinions are welcome, regardless if you agree with them or not!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't ever expect any of my picks to be taken by BB. I had Solder and Vollmer right but wasn't even close on several other guys, lucky me I had Hernandez right and figured they would double up with Gronk or Pitta, again I was right in a sort of offhanded way because I had AH going before Gronk/Pitta little did I know that they valued Gronk a little higher than AH. I also thought for sure the Eric Decker was headed here instead of Taylor Price and I'm probably right because i think Josh McD caught wind of what BB was planning and he traded up to a couple of spots before the Pats pick at 89. I had an inkling that TB was going to be taken, only because Bill Walsh was bragging that he would be taking a local boy if he got the chance so I read between the lines and the only local boy coming out worth a crap was TB. I didn't see Mayo,Wilfork, Jones, and Hightower. Though I liked them I didn't see the ancillary moves necessary to make all those selections.I am no more than an ametuer GM. That's why I come here to read your thoughts as to where we might be leaning. MB,PatsEng, SeattlePat,JJdBrasil and all of you guys who sit and follow these guys you might be qualified as scouts, but I'm not. I enjoy the guessing game aspect of trying to read BB's tea leaves. So the I've made a few observations on this years drafting prospects, I am going to have to hear some of the language when BB talks to get a better perspective of where he's headed draft wise. Also just so you all know I'm going to keep this thread on the front page where it belongs. Even if I have to blog a diatribe like this every once in awhile.. You all are very informative.Thanks

[/QUOTE]

I think that's the fun part... trying to guess who he'll take.  Generally speaking, we know what tangibles and intangibles BB appears to value by position... but he's good for a curveball or two per class.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Def got my attention as well... let us know what you see when watching the tape.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If BB/NC/ML are looking to target a CB on Day 2, I'd expect Mizzou CB EJ Gaines to be of big interest to them.  He's a solid 5-10 195 with speed, agility and feet that you look for an shows good awareness and anticipation in off man concepts.  He's also used fairly frequently on CB blitzes and has gotten his hands on a ton of footballs during his career (31 PDF / 9 INT).  I see a lot of similarities to Logan Ryan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If BB/NC/ML are looking to target a slot WR in the middle rounds, South Carolina's Bruce Ellington (Andre's cousin) would be a solid target.  He has the sudden, quick-twitch type athleticism and movement ability that they generally like in slot players and while he's shorter than ideal (5-9 195), he has more of a running back build, particularly in the lower half... definitely dangerous after the catch... also a solid hands catcher.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If BB/NC/ML are looking to target a CB on Day 2, I'd expect Mizzou CB EJ Gaines to be of big interest to them.  He's a solid 5-10 195 with speed, agility and feet that you look for an shows good awareness and anticipation in off man concepts.  He's also used fairly frequently on CB blitzes and has gotten his hands on a ton of footballs during his career (31 PDF / 9 INT).  I see a lot of similarities to Logan Ryan.

[/QUOTE]

Gaines is a good player. even though that SEC title game had no defense he easily looked like the best DB out on the field for both teams

I would be happy to grab him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

If BB/NC/ML are looking to target a slot WR in the middle rounds, South Carolina's Bruce Ellington (Andre's cousin) would be a solid target.  He has the sudden, quick-twitch type athleticism and movement ability that they generally like in slot players and while he's shorter than ideal (5-9 195), he has more of a running back build, particularly in the lower half... definitely dangerous after the catch... also a solid hands catcher.

[/QUOTE]

Would not be surprised to see him taken if Edelman walks in FA. He's small but the athletic ability would be better than any other slot WR we've had

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would not be surprised to see him taken if Edelman walks in FA. He's small but the athletic ability would be better than any other slot WR we've had

[/QUOTE]

Also forgot to mention that he was the starting PG on South Carolina's BB team for the last (2) seasons as well... so def an athletic kid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]
    Also forgot to mention that he was the starting PG on South Carolina's BB team for the last (2) seasons as well... so def an athletic kid.

[/QUOTE]

yep, knew about that. He didnt play this year because he entered the draft. (correct me if that's wrong..)

but that shows amazing athletic ability imo. TWO D1 college sports and being a legit starter on both teams!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yep, knew about that. He didnt play this year because he entered the draft. (correct me if that's wrong..)

but that shows amazing athletic ability imo. TWO D1 college sports and being a legit starter on both teams!

[/QUOTE]

One site listed his comparison player as Randall Cobb and those who know me, know that Randall Cobb was the one that got away for me, haha... prob my favorite offensive player that I've watched tape of and def my favorite offensive player in the NFL today.  To this day, I still don't know why/how they passed on him for Shane Vereen... and I was a fan of Shane Vereen in that class.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]
    One site listed his comparison player as Randall Cobb and those who know me, know that Randall Cobb was the one that got away for me, haha... prob my favorite offensive player that I've watched tape of and def my favorite offensive player in the NFL today.  To this day, I still don't know why/how they passed on him for Shane Vereen... and I was a fan of Shane Vereen in that class.

[/QUOTE]

I wasnt too big on Cobb but still loved what he could bring to the table.

I love Cobb now. I think he will be the best slot WR in the NFL next year; he was on pace for it this year til he took a cheapshot (AND SCREWED MY FANTASY TEAM: MATT ELAM)

but i agree, Vereen over Cobb? WR seemed more pressing at the time

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wasnt too big on Cobb but still loved what he could bring to the table.

I love Cobb now. I think he will be the best slot WR in the NFL next year; he was on pace for it this year til he took a cheapshot (AND SCREWED MY FANTASY TEAM: MATT ELAM)

but i agree, Vereen over Cobb? WR seemed more pressing at the time

[/QUOTE]

You and me both... I snagged Cobb in RD 3... was the one must have fantasy player for me.  I also lost my first, Doug Martin... man I f'n hate fantasy football... getting sloshed during the fantasy draft at Buffalo Wild Wings is fun, but the season... not so much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

OK first on the CB from Mizzou, it's not the feet you watch on a CB it's the hips and how quickly he can turn and run. As for both Ellington and Gaines it will be all about the the 3 cone drill if they run a 6.80 or lower they will be considered, if not cie est la vie! It was the only reason why BB was interested in both TJ Moe and Emmanuel Sanders they both smoked the 3 cone..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

You and me both... I snagged Cobb in RD 3... was the one must have fantasy player for me.  I also lost my first, Doug Martin... man I f'n hate fantasy football... getting sloshed during the fantasy draft at Buffalo Wild Wings is fun, but the season... not so much.

[/QUOTE]
    yeah I went Lynch (been my stud for 2 years now), Ridley (fackin Rid.. i love him, but... jesus) then had back-toback in 3-4 took Coob and Fitz.

tough year for me as well as I drafted Bowe.... (F every fantasy analyst!!!)

but got lucky and picked up Alshon on waivers week 3 and he took off after that

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

OK first on the CB from Mizzou, it's not the feet you watch on a CB it's the hips and how quickly he can turn and run. As for both Ellington and Gaines it will be all about the the 3 cone drill if they run a 6.80 or lower they will be considered, if not cie est la vie! It was the only reason why BB was interested in both TJ Moe and Emmanuel Sanders they both smoked the 3 cone..

[/QUOTE]

BB definitely values the triangle #'s, that's for sure.  Gaines can certainly flip'm.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Clemson's Bashaud Breelend (6-0 195) is a good sized cover corner with the length that a lot of teams covet.  Not the most physical of CB's, but is not shy in run support... he's also hard to seperate from and is generally able to mirror and contest throws.  Solid Day 2 kid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

2014 NFL Draft Interview: Clemson, CB, Bashaud Breeland 0 Scott Porter January 07, 2014 Archives, Articles, Interviews, NCAA, NFL Draft, Uncategorized

2014 NFL Draft Interview: Clemson, CB, Bashaud Breeland

Scott Porter: What do you feel are your greatest strengths?

Bashaud Breeland: I feel that my biggest strengths are my ball skills, my closing speed and my physical ability. I feel I have the physical tools to play at a high level in the NFL.

Scott Porter: What are your goals for the NFL?

Bashaud Breeland: I want to be the best I can be at the highest level. I want to go out there every day and compete and improve each day. I want to work hard and be one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL with hard work and dedication to the game.

Scott Porter: What factors lead to your decision to declare for the draft as a Junior?

Bashaud Breeland: The first factor was my family. I have some family issues that factored into my decision to leave early. I gained as much information as possible and thought long and hard about my decision. The biggest reason I declared was because I felt I was ready. I have been preparing hard and feel I stack up well compared to the other top cornerbacks in this year’s draft. I am ready for the challenge of testing my talent at the highest level of competition.

Scott Porter: What is your favorite memory while at Clemson?

Bashaud Breeland: I had many but one that really sticks out to me was my red shirt freshmen year vs. Maryland. That was the game that I had my first collegiate interception in and I will never forget that memory.

Scott Porter: Why should an NFL team draft Bashaud Breeland? What type of player and person will they be getting?

Bashaud Breeland: They will be bringing in a hard worker who has great leadership skills and understands what it takes to play at the professional level. They will be getting a player who is very dedicated. They will be getting a great athlete who will perform well and be reliable when called upon. I will do whatever it takes to help my team and improve myself.

Scott Porter: Is there a player in the NFL that reminds you of yourself?

Bashaud Breeland: Charles Tillman of the Chicago Bears. He has a nose for the ball and makes a lot of player. He is a bigger cornerback who loves to be physical. He is good at staying in his boundary and reads and reacts well. He plays the ball well and he has great physical strength.

Scott Porter: What will you miss most about college football?

Bashaud Breeland: I think I will miss the people the most. I will miss the teammates I came into Clemson with and all of my current and past teammates at Clemson. I will miss the college football atmosphere. College football is a family atmosphere. The NFL is much more of a business.

Scott Porter: What are your hobbies off the field?

Bashaud Breeland: I like to play pickup basketball. I am a big video game player of Madden football. I like to spend as much time with my daughter as possible.

Scott Porter: What will you be doing from now until draft time to prepare yourself for the NFL?

Bashaud Breeland: I am currently training with Tony Baloney. I am working on improving all areas of my to prepare me to be the best I can when I get my shot in the NFL. I am working hard. I am learning the process and taking in as much as I can. I am making the transition and working as hard as possible so I can get to where I want to be.

Scott Porter: Is there anything else you would like to add?

Bashaud Breeland: I just want the scouts to give me a fair evaluation. I feel like I can be a top 10 cornerback or higher in this years draft. I am going to work as hard as I can to prove that to everyone and I hope the NFL will see that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

2014 NFL Draft Interview: Clemson, CB, Bashaud Breeland 0 Scott Porter January 07, 2014 Archives, Articles, Interviews, NCAA, NFL Draft, Uncategorized

2014 NFL Draft Interview: Clemson, CB, Bashaud Breeland

Scott Porter: What do you feel are your greatest strengths?

Bashaud Breeland: I feel that my biggest strengths are my ball skills, my closing speed and my physical ability. I feel I have the physical tools to play at a high level in the NFL.

Scott Porter: What are your goals for the NFL?

Bashaud Breeland: I want to be the best I can be at the highest level. I want to go out there every day and compete and improve each day. I want to work hard and be one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL with hard work and dedication to the game.

Scott Porter: What factors lead to your decision to declare for the draft as a Junior?

Bashaud Breeland: The first factor was my family. I have some family issues that factored into my decision to leave early. I gained as much information as possible and thought long and hard about my decision. The biggest reason I declared was because I felt I was ready. I have been preparing hard and feel I stack up well compared to the other top cornerbacks in this year’s draft. I am ready for the challenge of testing my talent at the highest level of competition.

Scott Porter: What is your favorite memory while at Clemson?

Bashaud Breeland: I had many but one that really sticks out to me was my red shirt freshmen year vs. Maryland. That was the game that I had my first collegiate interception in and I will never forget that memory.

Scott Porter: Why should an NFL team draft Bashaud Breeland? What type of player and person will they be getting?

Bashaud Breeland: They will be bringing in a hard worker who has great leadership skills and understands what it takes to play at the professional level. They will be getting a player who is very dedicated. They will be getting a great athlete who will perform well and be reliable when called upon. I will do whatever it takes to help my team and improve myself.

Scott Porter: Is there a player in the NFL that reminds you of yourself?

Bashaud Breeland: Charles Tillman of the Chicago Bears. He has a nose for the ball and makes a lot of player. He is a bigger cornerback who loves to be physical. He is good at staying in his boundary and reads and reacts well. He plays the ball well and he has great physical strength.

Scott Porter: What will you miss most about college football?

Bashaud Breeland: I think I will miss the people the most. I will miss the teammates I came into Clemson with and all of my current and past teammates at Clemson. I will miss the college football atmosphere. College football is a family atmosphere. The NFL is much more of a business.

Scott Porter: What are your hobbies off the field?

Bashaud Breeland: I like to play pickup basketball. I am a big video game player of Madden football. I like to spend as much time with my daughter as possible.

Scott Porter: What will you be doing from now until draft time to prepare yourself for the NFL?

Bashaud Breeland: I am currently training with Tony Baloney. I am working on improving all areas of my to prepare me to be the best I can when I get my shot in the NFL. I am working hard. I am learning the process and taking in as much as I can. I am making the transition and working as hard as possible so I can get to where I want to be.

Scott Porter: Is there anything else you would like to add?

Bashaud Breeland: I just want the scouts to give me a fair evaluation. I feel like I can be a top 10 cornerback or higher in this years draft. I am going to work as hard as I can to prove that to everyone and I hope the NFL will see that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

He's right, the closing speed and physical ability show up on tape... like I said, he's able to mirror consistently and even when the receiver makes a catch, he's generally in good position and is right on his man.  I'm a fan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I have to admit, the outside the box idea of Pitt DT Aaron Donald in Rd 1 has grown on me quite a bit... especially if they were to double up on DT early and select another athletic kid like DaQuan Jones, who has definite 2-gap potential... gives you the best of both worlds up front.  Obviously pairing him with VW would provide similar results as well.

We all know that BB has no problem going against conventional wisdom and this kind of pick would be just that.  Kid is certainly one of the more underrated players in this class, based soley on size/lenth... elite burst off the snap, quick/violent hands, much stronger at the point than size indicates and consistently creates havoc in the backfield.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Updated/expanded Big 56 Board below:

Rd 1 (6)

S- Calvin Pryor- Lousiville *Added 1/17/14*

DT- Stephon Tuitt- ND *Added 2/2/14*

DT- Aaron Donald- *Added 2/16/14*

DT- Ra'shede Hageman- Minnesota

TE- Troy Niklas- ND *Added 1/12/14*

TE- Jace Amaro- TTU *Added 1/17/14*

Rd 1-2 (3)

DE/OLB- Marcus Smith *Added 1/5/14*

WR- Brandin Cooks- *Added 1/1/14*