***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/02/patriots_interview_te_candidates

Here's a pretty good article about the Pats looking heavily into the TEs.

That Austin Sefarain-Jenkins kid seems like the real deal.  We would probably have to trade up to get him in the 2nd though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to fishers5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here is a quick Mock Idea.  In this scenario, Nix falls to #20, and we trade up to grab him in front of GB...

#20)  DT  Louis Nix III  Notre Dame  (NE gives AZ #29, 3rd, and 6th)

#40)  TE  Austin Sefarin-Jenkins  UW  (NE gives Minn Ryan Mallett and 7th)

#62)  DT  Ego Ferguson  LSU

4th)  C  Marcus Martin   USC

6th)  OLB  Boseko Lokombo  UO  (via Philly)

6th)  QB  David Fales  San Jose St.  (Comp.)

6th)  SS  Ty Zimmerman  KSU  (Comp.)

I love the idea of double-dipping on DTs early.  Inproving that position would really solidify our defense.  I know that getting an early 2nd for Mallett might be a bit of a pipe dream, but it would allow NE to have that extra ammo if they want to move up for a blue-chipper like Nix.  Without that extra 2nd, I probably would not move up at all.  What do you all think?

[/QUOTE]

love the thought, esp if we can get Nix. I just can't see Minn trading their 2nd for Mallett and a 7th. I think Malletts value might lie with Minn or Hou but it might be for a 3rd and we might have to toss in the 7th or 6th

[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're probably right, a second round pick for Mallet might be a little bit optimistic, but I'm just guessing.  Honestly I don't even know if he's going to get traded.  I think he probably still has quite a bit of value to New England as a capable backup.  I just wanted to put together a scenario where we could trade up to get Nix, and I think we would need that extra 2rd to do that.  Probably wishful thinking but you never know...

[/QUOTE] You guys are really under selling the value of Mallett, the Redskins have let it be known that it will take a 2nd round pick to acquire Cousins! Mallett may not have played a down, but he also hasn't thrown 12 picks in two years! He is learning under TB and I'd rather have a QB who learned from TB than some jag who played because he had to. Mallett's worth is probably more than Cousins, so if Washington wants a 2nd what do you think BB wants? It sure as hell won't be less than what Washington wants.

[/QUOTE]

Neither have I

[/QUOTE] Nor I, but I haven't spent 2 years learning possibly the most complex offense behind arguably the greatest QB in the history of the Patriots franchise, and possibly of the leagues history. As for Cousins those int's were in 10 games! So if I've gotta choose between the two I'll take the guy noone other than the Patriots have seen. Personally I wouldn't trade him. I definately wouldn't trade him to Houston.

[/QUOTE]

Make list of all the QB's in the draft to be gone by end of round 2 and compare to Mallett or Cousins..  Are they better or worse than what is coming into the Nfl. If better, what's wrong trading the pick for one of those and drafting a "need " player in round one?

[/QUOTE] The one thing that Mallett and Cousins have that none of the college kids have is experience in the NFL. So I would say that none of the potential draft picks would be better than either of the two guys already in the NFL. So trading for either of the 3rd year pros would make more sense!

[/QUOTE]

what "experiences" does Mallett have ? 5 passes? Pre-season against back ups? And what's this bs about taking a QB with "experience" over a college kid? Yeah that no NFL experience really hurt Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, RG3, hell Mark Sanchez...what a crock on both counts. 

some of you Pats fans crack me up...hey I think Pats should ask for two #1s for Mallett...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here is a quick Mock Idea.  In this scenario, Nix falls to #20, and we trade up to grab him in front of GB...

I love the idea of double-dipping on DTs early.  Inproving that position would really solidify our defense.  I know that getting an early 2nd for Mallett might be a bit of a pipe dream, but it would allow NE to have that extra ammo if they want to move up for a blue-chipper like Nix.  Without that extra 2nd, I probably would not move up at all.  What do you all think?

[/QUOTE]

love the thought, esp if we can get Nix. I just can't see Minn trading their 2nd for Mallett and a 7th. I think Malletts value might lie with Minn or Hou but it might be for a 3rd and we might have to toss in the 7th or 6th

[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're probably right, a second round pick for Mallet might be a little bit optimistic, but I'm just guessing.  Honestly I don't even know if he's going to get traded.  I think he probably still has quite a bit of value to New England as a capable backup.  I just wanted to put together a scenario where we could trade up to get Nix, and I think we would need that extra 2rd to do that.  Probably wishful thinking but you never know...

[/QUOTE] You guys are really under selling the value of Mallett, the Redskins have let it be known that it will take a 2nd round pick to acquire Cousins! Mallett may not have played a down, but he also hasn't thrown 12 picks in two years! He is learning under TB and I'd rather have a QB who learned from TB than some jag who played because he had to. Mallett's worth is probably more than Cousins, so if Washington wants a 2nd what do you think BB wants? It sure as hell won't be less than what Washington wants.

[/QUOTE]

Neither have I

[/QUOTE] Nor I, but I haven't spent 2 years learning possibly the most complex offense behind arguably the greatest QB in the history of the Patriots franchise, and possibly of the leagues history. As for Cousins those int's were in 10 games! So if I've gotta choose between the two I'll take the guy noone other than the Patriots have seen. Personally I wouldn't trade him. I definately wouldn't trade him to Houston.

[/QUOTE]

Make list of all the QB's in the draft to be gone by end of round 2 and compare to Mallett or Cousins..  Are they better or worse than what is coming into the Nfl. If better, what's wrong trading the pick for one of those and drafting a "need " player in round one?

[/QUOTE] The one thing that Mallett and Cousins have that none of the college kids have is experience in the NFL. So I would say that none of the potential draft picks would be better than either of the two guys already in the NFL. So trading for either of the 3rd year pros would make more sense!

[/QUOTE]

what "experiences" does Mallett have ? 5 passes? Pre-season against back ups? And what's this bs about taking a QB with "experience" over a college kid? Yeah that no NFL experience really hurt Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, RG3, hell Mark Sanchez...what a crock on both counts. 

some of you Pats fans crack me up...hey I think Pats should ask for two #1s for Mallett...

[/QUOTE] Some of you trolls crack us up also!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Neither have I

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Some of you trolls crack us up also!

[/QUOTE]

Just some?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Neither have I

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fakc that, I want (3) #1's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

BB/NC would probably be interested in Jerry Ricecake early on Day 2.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

PE, your boy Joe Don Duncan ripped off (35) reps at 225.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

^ Probably need to wait till his pro-day to see him run routes and catch.  Good start for Duncan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Joel Bitonio killin' it in spandex... 5.00 and 4.91 40's, unofficially with 1.68 and 1.74 10 yard splits.  Thats very good short area explosion for an OL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

PE, your boy Joe Don Duncan ripped off (35) reps at 225.

I'm telling you watch the kid. I think he's going to surprise some people for a D II school TE

I was really disappointed in his forty but some are wondering if he could be a massive bruising FB/H-back/TE. Sounds like an upgrade to Hooman to me mid day 3

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Neither have I

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fakc that, I want (3) #1's.

[/QUOTE]

haha now this is a great response!

GO IRISH!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Joel Bitonio killin' it in spandex... 5.00 and 4.91 40's, unofficially with 1.68 and 1.74 10 yard splits.  Thats very good short area explosion for an OL.

Bitonio and Dozier look good in the drills also.

James,TEN also.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Taylor Lewan is a beast...best OL out there he's killing it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Taylor Lewan is a beast...best OL out there he's killing it.

[/QUOTE]

And he'll likely be off the board very early.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Hey MB,

i know we are both high on AJ Mcarron, what about  Murray from Georgia?  QB.

he may slip a bit in this draft and before his injury I thought he was 1st rd material?  

Whats your take here MB?  Just curious, thanks man!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Tuitt 6'5" 301 or 304.  I have seen different results.

Nix, 6"2 331

Hageman 6'6"  310

McCullers  6'7" 352

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey MB,

he may slip a bit in this draft and before his injury I thought he was 1st rd material?  

[/QUOTE]

Hey Man,

I like Murray on Day 3... he's shorter than ideal, but moves well, has a big arm, quick release and a ton of quality experience vs. the best competition.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Amaro in with an unofficial 4.66 on his first 40 attempt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hey MB,

[/QUOTE]

Hey Man,

I like Murray on Day 3... he's shorter than ideal, but moves well, has a big arm, quick release and a ton of quality experience vs. the best competition.

[/QUOTE]

Cool, day 3 could work, hope Pats have him on radar.  The key what you mentioned above, exp. vs the best competition.  This is what BB felt about some kid from michigan too! what's his name?  Brady or something like that....lol.

not comparing Murray to TB, but on day 3, could be a good home run pick ....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Ebron in with an unofficial 4.50... flyin'.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]

Amaro in with an unofficial 4.66 on his first 40 attempt.

[/QUOTE]

Hoping Pats land him at 29....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

CJ is running next.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hey MB,

[/QUOTE]

Hey Man,

[/QUOTE]

Cool, day 3 could work, hope Pats have him on radar.  The key what you mentioned above, exp. vs the best competition.  This is what BB felt about some kid from michigan too! what's his name?  Brady or something like that....lol.

not comparing Murray to TB, but on day 3, could be a good home run pick ....

[/QUOTE]

I also like UNC's Bryn Renner (6-2 225)... better size than Murray, athletic, competitive, solid intangibles and a good arm.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Lyerla with an unofficial 4.47.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Lyerla with an unofficial 4.47.

[/QUOTE]

still don't want him