***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

Niklas not running... if he's not injured, he better bring it at his Pro Day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Lyerla with an unofficial 4.47.

still don't want him

You and me both.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Lynch with a 4.68, nice.

Amaro with a 4.62 on his 2nd attempt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Someone needs to get a hold of these kids and teach them not to stand up so quick. It costs them .05-.1s. If they took 3-4yrds to roll their shoulders into their speed they would get better time. It should take 3-4 steps to stand up not one hence why I don't trust 40's. Some know how to run it some don't

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You can see the difference in those who got coached for the combine vs who didn't

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

4.59 for Lyerla on his 2nd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

^ He probably ran a 4.55 on the first.

Ebron looks very athletic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Anyone know what is going on with Niklas?? Injured?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

^ He probably ran a 4.55 on the first.

Ebron looks very athletic.

Looks?

He is!!!

He's actually a WR in a TE body.

I can't see how BUF will resist getting their version of Gronk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Are these 40 numbers, that TEs are turning in, raising the need for faster LBs or bigger DBs?

Or am I overreacting? What did Gronk run at the combine?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

^ I like Rodgers out of CAL.  He'll be a day 3 pick, but I think he has upside.

Good hands. Good blocker. Powerful - hard to bring down. Will get 2-3 yards after contact. 

However, IMO slow, even for a TE. I know some draft gurus online say he has explosiveness. He has initial explosiveness but nothing after that. I could turn out being wrong, but I am guessing he will be close to being slowest 40 of the top 15 TEs. If this is validated at the combine, he could be too slow for a NFL TE.

Maybe a good 10 split will change my mind about him.

Good comments, he doesn't have Gronk speed for sure. Rodgers is a complementary player. You'll spend a 5th or 6th and get production, no not AH or Gronk, but more than Hooman or Mulligan.

I like this analysis:

Rodgers is not an elite athlete or an elite talent, and that could lead to some slippage in the draft.  But with the new age offenses utilizing the TE split out wide and in the slot more and more, Rodgers fits the direction the league is heading.  With a 6-4, 245 pound frame and the speed to attack the seams, Rodgers could be a nice ancillary target to a team in need of some offensive punch.  He’s not going to give you a ton as a run blocker, but he won’t kill you in that regard either and does do well protecting the QB as a cut blocker.  I think he could be an intriguing option. http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/2/19/5427200/scouting-the-draft-richard-rodgers-te-california

Well, what I thought about Rodgers was just confirmed. He turned in a 40 that is just .01 sec faster than the slowest time turned in by a TE.

I guess it's not so bad, considering Gillmore and CJ are respectively just .04 and .05 sec faster. That would amount to about half a step.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

LBs weighed in.

Barr 6'5" 255lbs

Hubbard 6'6" 257lbs

Bullough 6'3" 249lbs

Mack 6'3" 251lbs

Starr 6'4" 250

K. Smith 6'3" 218

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Anyone know what is going on with Niklas?? Injured?

Mayock just mentioned that he's received (5) or so texts that said it might be a minor groin, but he's doing drills.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Niklas looks to have those big, Gronk Hamburger Helper mitts, with his white gloves one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Niklas looks to have those big, Gronk Hamburger Helper mitts, with his white gloves one.

He is the closest gronk without a doubt.  Mayock said he is at 80%.  I saw good acceleration in the drills.  He is moving up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Sefarian-Jenkins, Ebron, Nicklas, Fiedorowitz... Those are my top-4 TEs. I want nothing to do with Amaro. Dude has been very unimpressive. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

^ I like Rodgers out of CAL.  He'll be a day 3 pick, but I think he has upside.

Good hands. Good blocker. Powerful - hard to bring down. Will get 2-3 yards after contact. 

However, IMO slow, even for a TE. I know some draft gurus online say he has explosiveness. He has initial explosiveness but nothing after that. I could turn out being wrong, but I am guessing he will be close to being slowest 40 of the top 15 TEs. If this is validated at the combine, he could be too slow for a NFL TE.

Maybe a good 10 split will change my mind about him.

Good comments, he doesn't have Gronk speed for sure. Rodgers is a complementary player. You'll spend a 5th or 6th and get production, no not AH or Gronk, but more than Hooman or Mulligan.

I like this analysis:

Rodgers is not an elite athlete or an elite talent, and that could lead to some slippage in the draft.  But with the new age offenses utilizing the TE split out wide and in the slot more and more, Rodgers fits the direction the league is heading.  With a 6-4, 245 pound frame and the speed to attack the seams, Rodgers could be a nice ancillary target to a team in need of some offensive punch.  He’s not going to give you a ton as a run blocker, but he won’t kill you in that regard either and does do well protecting the QB as a cut blocker.  I think he could be an intriguing option. http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/2/19/5427200/scouting-the-draft-richard-rodgers-te-california

Well, what I thought about Rodgers was just confirmed. He turned in a 40 that is just .01 sec faster than the slowest time turned in by a TE.

I guess it's not so bad, considering Gillmore and CJ are respectively just .04 and .05 sec faster. That would amount to about half a step.

Yah, I knew he didn't have the straight line speed like the top TEs.  He didn't do as well as I thought he would.  I was hoping in the 4.7 range.  If he can't improve on that 40, It will be tough for him to get drafted.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Sefarian-Jenkins, Ebron, Nicklas, Fiedorowitz... Those are my top-4 TEs. I want nothing to do with Amaro. Dude has been very unimpressive

I am curious why you say that. Are talking about his combine numbers? I cannot see how a 4.62 40 can be unimpressive.

On the other hand, I cannot see how his 2013 season can be anything but impressive. Among TEs, he caught the most passes (107) for the most yards (1300+) and it was not even close (Ebron had 62 for 973).

One could argue about whether he is the right type of TE, but to say he's been unimpressive is hard to to understand.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Sefarian-Jenkins, Ebron, Nicklas, Fiedorowitz... Those are my top-4 TEs. I want nothing to do with Amaro. Dude has been very unimpressive

I am curious why you say that. Are talking about his combine numbers? I cannot see how a 4.62 40 can be unimpressive.

On the other hand, I cannot see how his 2013 season can be anything but impressive. Among TEs, he caught the most passes (107) for the most yards (1300+) and it was not even close (Ebron had 62 for 973).

One could argue about whether he is the right type of TE, but to say he's been unimpressive is hard to to understand.

His official time was 4.74, but I agree with you, the film doesn't lie.  He was the most productive TE in college football in the scheme they used at TT. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

His official time was 4.74, but I agree you, the film doesn't lie.  He was the most productive TE in college football in the scheme thye used at TT. 

Yeah. I would take EE over JA any day. But I recognize he was unstoppable out on the field.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

His official time was 4.74, but I agree you, the film doesn't lie.  He was the most productive TE in college football in the scheme they used at TT. 

Yeah. I would take EE over JA any day. But I recognize he was unstoppable out on the field.

Agreed for a move TE, like Niklas for traditional.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

His official time was 4.74, but I agree you, the film doesn't lie.  He was the most productive TE in college football in the scheme they used at TT. 

Agreed for a move TE, like Niklas for traditional.

I think you always take a traditional first before a flex type. Makes the team less predictable from a pass/run perspective. As for Gronk being the primary TE, my problem is he has never been there for big games. I don't see a problem with having Gronk and a Gronk 2.0.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Fiedorowicz with a 7.10 3 cone, best of TE's so far. We all know how much BB loves the 3 cone and then the connection with Hen's brother Fiedorowicz just became a very real possibility 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

So the team that takes a chance on Lyeria is going to get their monies worth! Dude can fly!! 4.59 40 and strong as a bull. No offense meant, but one little cocaine offense isn't going to deter most GM's. They make their livings evaluating talent and you can't teach 4.5's in the 40.

His only drawback is his experience or lack there of, in the college game. If he's coachable then he will get a shot. 3rd round draft choice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Lynch with a 4.68, nice.

Amaro with a 4.62 on his 2nd attempt.

Lynch can't catch a cold.

Sections
Shortcuts