***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

You've really got to feel for Cyrus Kouandjio... What a shame. I hope a team still takes a flyer on him, and if nothing else, gives him enough money to retire with. Poor fella.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 16m 
    Bad news for #Bama OT Cyrus Kouandjio. I’m told several teams have failed him on his physical. Arthritic knee from failed surgery. “Ugly.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You've really got to feel for Cyrus Kouandjio... What a shame. I hope a team still takes a flyer on him, and if nothing else, gives him enough money to retire with. Poor fella.

[/QUOTE]

whats sad is he had a rough couple games in 2013 and some thought he would be better off staying at bama his senior year. could be a whole different story if he did that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to kezzamuzza's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MB

Think Fiedorowicz may be out of our range in 2nd now? Certainly looks like he boosted his stock.

How do you rate him now to your boy Niklas and other TE's remembering what best suits Pats system. Still think game tape is more important.......that's when opposition tackle you not like  in any drills.

Think BB may have a smokey here .....depends how he rates DT's.

[/QUOTE]

I still put Niklas at the top based on his blocking ability (elite potential and the best in this class) and upside as a receiver (started his ND career as a LB, and has only played TE for 2 years).  I'm not a huge ASJ guy, but in the 2nd round they could do worse.  

I'd love to see them double dip at TE, with a dual purpose TE high (Niklas, ASJ, CJ or Lynch) on Day 1 or 2... then a flex type kid on Day 3 like Oklahoma's Trey Millard, Florida's Trey Burton or Marshall's Gator Hoskins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 16m 
    Bad news for #Bama OT Cyrus Kouandjio. I’m told several teams have failed him on his physical. Arthritic knee from failed surgery. “Ugly.”

[/QUOTE]

Ouch... now the question becomes, is NE one of those teams that failed him?  If not, they've shown that they have no problem taking players with a history of injury, so what round would the cost justify the risk?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to kezzamuzza's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MB

Think Fiedorowicz may be out of our range in 2nd now? Certainly looks like he boosted his stock.

How do you rate him now to your boy Niklas and other TE's remembering what best suits Pats system. Still think game tape is more important.......that's when opposition tackle you not like  in any drills.

Think BB may have a smokey here .....depends how he rates DT's.

I still put Niklas at the top based on his blocking ability (elite potential and the best in this class) and upside as a receiver (started his ND career as a LB, and has only played TE for 2 years).  I'm not a huge ASJ guy, but in the 2nd round they could do worse.  

I'd love to see them double dip at TE, with a dual purpose TE high (Niklas, ASJ, CJ or Lynch) on Day 1 or 2... then a flex type kid on Day 3 like Oklahoma's Trey Millard, Florida's Trey Burton or Marshall's Gator Hoskins.

[/QUOTE]

I like this plan, too.  I really hope they target ASJ or Niklas early (at 29, or a slight trade back).  I don't think either will be there at 62.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Abbrederis opens with a unofficial 4.50.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Odell Beckham with an unofficial 4.40.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

OSU's Corey "Philly" Brown is a kid that could put up a good 40... potential day 3 kid that can fly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Kelvin Benjamin with a 4.59.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

And Philly is in with an unofficial 4.37.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Brandin Cooks with an unofficial 4.30!  Not sure there's a WR that fits what BB likes more than Cooks... have said that for a while... quick, sudden and fast.

Brandon Coleman with a 4.50... that's pretty good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Abbrederis witha 4.44 on his 2nd attempt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I read that he only did 4 reps on the bench.  Is that true?  If so, that's pretty sad.  Can't see him getting off of a jam against an NFL corner with that strength.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

Brandin Cooks with an unofficial 4.30!  Not sure there's a WR that fits what BB likes more than Cooks... have said that for a while... quick, sudden and fast.

Brandon Coleman with a 4.50... that's pretty good.

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to get either Cooks or Coleman.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I read that he only did 4 reps on the bench.  Is that true?  If so, that's pretty sad.  Can't see him getting off of a jam against an NFL corner with that strength.  

[/QUOTE]

Looks to be true... and it's pretty terrible, though upper body strength (and a slight frame for that matter) was a known weakness. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Bruce Ellington with a 4.37, Michael Campanaro with a 4.46.

Both are quick, sudden slot types that are good system fits.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wow, Cooks with back to back 4.30's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Ellington with backs up his 4.37 with a 4.31.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

Ellington with backs up his 4.37 with a 4.31.

[/QUOTE]

Ellington is a guy who I really want in the 5th or later.  As much as I love Cooks and Coleman, I'd rather address other needs early, and then try to draft Ellington and/or Latimer or Hoffman later.  Great WR depth this year.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to draft one early, IMO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Coleman with 4.5s  great for a big guy. Wish they had 10 and 20yrd splits though

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Anybody seen tape of Lousiville WR Damian Copeland?  Not much out there on him, but I'm intrigued.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

CJ with the Top TE 3C time of 7.10.

Gabe Ikard tops OL with a 7.34, Joel Bitonio was 3rd at 7.37. They were both 1st and 3rd respectively in the SS with times of 4.37 and 4.44.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Anybody seen tape of Lousiville WR Damian Copeland?  Not much out there on him, but I'm intrigued.

[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing him against uconn this year but nothing really stood out. Just seemed like an average WR. Maybe just had a bad game that day though?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Really, really impressed with Bruce Ellington's game tape (have watched all 3 that are available)... the burst and long speed both translate to the field and he also demonstrates excellent ball skills, hands, body control, field awareness and the ability to seperate consistently.  Kid shows toughness and plays the game hard... he'll need to work on his blocking ability, but generally gives a good effort in that deptment.

I think he's a Day 2 talent, that could drop due to the depth, hopefully BB capitalizes... like him a lot more than I did Boyce at the same point last year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing him against uconn this year but nothing really stood out. Just seemed like an average WR. Maybe just had a bad game that day though?

[/QUOTE]

It's possible and thanks for the feedback.  Hopefully I'll get to see some of his tape soon.

Sections
Shortcuts