***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

Mayock on Brandon Coleman... "You're talking about a kid that dropped more balls than anybody in the country...", not what you like to hear and I dont know if it's true or not, but his hands were inconsistent in the tape that I saw.  Intriguing size, length nonetheless. 

I prefer Cody Latimer at any point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mayock on Brandon Coleman... "You're talking about a kid that dropped more balls than anybody in the country...", not what you like to hear and I dont know if it's true or not, but his hands were inconsistent in the tape that I saw.  Intriguing size, length nonetheless. 

[/QUOTE]

Then again we heard Dobson had the best hands in the country too, But, generally yeah Coleman needs to work on a number of things. He has hard hands and claps the ball to his chest instead of catching it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then again we heard Dobson had the best hands in the country too, But, generally yeah Coleman needs to work on a number of things. He has hard hands and claps the ball to his chest instead of catching it

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do remember it being mentiond that he didn't drop a pass his last season at Marshall, and he had that ESPN highlight TD, but I'm not sure I ever believed that he had the best hands available... I wasn't as high on him as most heading into last year's draft.  He's in NE now, so I hope the kid can build on the flashes that he showed last season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I want Evans or Benjamine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, I do remember it being mentiond that he didn't drop a pass his last season at Marshall, and he had that ESPN highlight TD, but I'm not sure I ever believed that he had the best hands available... I wasn't as high on him as most heading into last year's draft.  He's in NE now, so I hope the kid can build on the flashes that he showed last season. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was with you. Remember people calling me crazy when I said I didn't trust his hands and how he caught the ball wouldn't translate well. He just needs to learn how to not clap his hands and catch with his fingers away from his body instead of into it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want Evans or Benjamine.

[/QUOTE]

No shot at Evans, slight, slight chance that Benjamin could be avaiable, but I think he's a top 20- 25 pick when all is said and done... there's just too much talent and upside with him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was with you. Remember people calling me crazy when I said I didn't trust his hands and how he caught the ball wouldn't translate well. He just needs to learn how to not clap his hands and catch with his fingers away from his body instead of into it.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  It just seems like the game was too fast for him, as can be the case with rookies... hopefully they'll slow down for him this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Fans always expect BB to do the unexpected... taking Brandin Cooks in Rd 1 would be just that.

Not saying that he will do it, but the talent/fit certainly justifies it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]

Fans always expect BB to do the unexpected... taking Brandin Cooks in Rd 1 would be just that.

[/QUOTE]

yeah but how tall is he??  can't they draft someone with some height. Is cooks any different than amendola or edelman.  Just can't see taking him in the first round (i'm sure you've already addressed this, but I havn't kept up with the thread)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

they spilt the WR group by last name right?

I haven't seen my boy Sammy Watkins yet.. wanna see that.

so far,

• Bradin Cooks is dirty. Fast, hands and has that YAC abiltiy BB likes. like MB said expect the unexpected with him going Cooks round 1
    • Mike Evans surprised me. >4.5 40.. I thought he was slower for a WR and would run a 4.5-4.6 he justs looks smooth as hell out there.
    • Odell Beckham is fast.
    • Kelvin Benjamin is big as hell and wot make it to #29 too much potential

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

yeah but how tall is he??  can't they draft someone with some height. Is cooks any different than amendola or edelman.  Just can't see taking him in the first round (i'm sure you've already addressed this, but I havn't kept up with the thread)

[/QUOTE]

thing with Cooks is he is like the young Deion Branch. he can play on the outside and burn DBs. he's a better playmaker than Branch was too

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's not tall, but I'm also not one of those people that wants him to draft size, just for the sake of size.  Cooks has an elite skill set to seperate on all areas of the field.

He's never taken a WR in Rd 1 during his time in NE, so it's not an expected move, which makes me think that there's a chance it could happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

they spilt the WR group by last name right?

I haven't seen my boy Sammy Watkins yet.. wanna see that.

so far,

• Bradin Cooks is dirty. Fast, hands and has that YAC abiltiy BB likes. like MB said expect the unexpected with him going Cooks round 1
    • Mike Evans surprised me. >4.5 40.. I thought he was slower for a WR and would run a 4.5-4.6 he justs looks smooth as hell out there.
    • Odell Beckham is fast.
    • Kelvin Benjamin is big as hell and wot make it to #29 too much potential

Believe they're split into multiple groups, yeah.

I'd add that Ellington can also fly and looked very good in the gauntlet, which seems to confirm what I see on tape in regards to his hands/body control.

Also, Michael Campanaro is this years "Welker Clone".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

They just showed a shot of BB up in one of the booths, talking with Schiano.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm still convinced Schiano is coming aboard and they are looking to rebuild the D to what it use to be. I half way expect them to double dip at TE and DT this year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm still convinced Schiano is coming aboard and they are looking to rebuild the D to what it use to be. I half way expect them to double dip at TE and DT this year

[/QUOTE]

Would make a ton of sense to double dip at both, agreed.  They need more talent/depth at both positions.

Yeah, certainly looks like he's coming aboard... not sure BB would be talking draft with him if there was a chance he'd go to another NFL team.  Solid short term hire as I think he'll get another college HC gig sooner than later.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Some really good times for Connor Shaw... he's undersized, but he's athletic, competitive, accurate and protects the football... he's also a winner.  At the same time, Spurrier QB's haven't been that successful... could be a nice late round pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I've been liking Schiano since his days at Rutgers. His Defenses were noted for speed. Todays NFL, its not where's the beef, its can you run. Really hope he climbs aboard with Pats.

Speed doesn't have to be fast 40 times, but anticipating the play. Brains have just as much to do as legs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've been liking Schiano since his days at Rutgers. His Defenses were noted for speed. Todays NFL, its not where's the beef, its can you run. Really hope he climbs aboard with Pats.

[/QUOTE]

I'd be all for increasing their overall defensive speed and physicality!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

PE, your boy Cody Hoffman in with a 4.54.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Holy shart... Jeff Janis in with a 4.30... I knew he had some speed, but wow.

And a nice 4.40 for TJ Jones, love it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

PE, your boy Cody Hoffman in with a 4.54.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, great time for his size

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I was looking up later round prospects and find a lot of "head cases".  There seems to be more than usual this year.  Anybody else feel this way?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Btw MB have you heard of a guy named Matt Hazel? Heard he really impressed at the east west shrine

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was looking up later round prospects and find a lot of "head cases".  There seems to be more than usual this year.  Anybody else feel this way?

[/QUOTE]

There are quite a bit

Sections
Shortcuts