***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Fans always expect BB to do the unexpected... taking Brandin Cooks in Rd 1 would be just that.

Not saying that he will do it, but the talent/fit certainly justifies it.

yeah but how tall is he??  can't they draft someone with some height. Is cooks any different than amendola or edelman.  Just can't see taking him in the first round (i'm sure you've already addressed this, but I havn't kept up with the thread)

He's not tall, but I'm also not one of those people that wants him to draft size, just for the sake of size.  Cooks has an elite skill set to seperate on all areas of the field.

He's never taken a WR in Rd 1 during his time in NE, so it's not an expected move, which makes me think that there's a chance it could happen.

He's big enough. Doug Baldwin is exactly the same size. Cooks is better. I just don't know if it is smart to take a WR early in the draft given how deep the position is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

I would not want Logan Thomas at all. too much of a project.

he's way too inconsistent.

after seeing McCarron today, I want him even more

Thomas is capable fo making bad decisionsin clusters. I don't like QBs like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I would not want Logan Thomas at all. too much of a project.

he's way too inconsistent.

after seeing McCarron today, I want him even more

Thomas is capable fo making bad decisionsin clusters. I don't like QBs like that.

Another QB who makes bad decisions in clusters is Morris.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

• jeez Ebron is a presence. he didn't even do catch drills but his 40 was impressive. i dont see him getting out of the top 15 or even 10.

• does anyone know why Niklas didn't run? he looked good on catching drills, would've been nice to see him run.

• still do not want Colt Lyerla dont care the 40 time  (which offically wasnt even good)

• ASJ i wanted to see him run/catch but that didnt happen sadly.

• Amaro had a good 40 seemed to lose his focus on the drills. dropped balls. hate that. still has great film

• Greg Robinson as been above Matthews in my book for awhile and today helped his case imo. so damn athletic

So you think Lyerla's 4.47 wasn't that good? You don't want him? You wouldn't make a good talent evaluator because in that business you are required to accept players with warts and flaws. Lyerla's second time was 4.59 that was still the fastest time amongst TE's. He is a perfect HB/TE, Amaro would run a close second, but he is a little slower.
    Robinson won't get past #3, he really impressed. ASJ really hurt himself by not participating and as it turns out he has a fractured foot.  Niklas not running may hurt him a bit. Fedorowicz did well in all fazes. Te's as a whole didn't do much, but Lyerla's 40 times were exemplatory.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Dri Archer, RB 4.26 .  Would be nice on kick-offs, some run and pass plays,  any takers??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

• jeez Ebron is a presence. he didn't even do catch drills but his 40 was impressive. i dont see him getting out of the top 15 or even 10.

• does anyone know why Niklas didn't run? he looked good on catching drills, would've been nice to see him run.

• still do not want Colt Lyerla dont care the 40 time  (which offically wasnt even good)

• Amaro had a good 40 seemed to lose his focus on the drills. dropped balls. hate that. still has great film

• Greg Robinson as been above Matthews in my book for awhile and today helped his case imo. so damn athletic

So you think Lyerla's 4.47 wasn't that good? You don't want him? You wouldn't make a good talent evaluator because in that business you are required to accept players with warts and flaws. Lyerla's second time was 4.59 that was still the fastest time amongst TE's. He is a perfect HB/TE, Amaro would run a close second, but he is a little slower.
    Robinson won't get past #3, he really impressed. ASJ really hurt himself by not participating and as it turns out he has a fractured foot.  Niklas not running may hurt him a bit. Fedorowicz did well in all fazes. Te's as a whole didn't do much, but Lyerla's 40 times were exemplatory.

Building a great organization/ team is not just about evaluating talent. I would not want him on the Pats. Maybe, four years from now, he shows maturity, then maybe -- Similar to the Blount situation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Anybody seen tape of Lousiville WR Damian Copeland?  Not much out there on him, but I'm intrigued.

I remember seeing him against uconn this year but nothing really stood out. Just seemed like an average WR. Maybe just had a bad game that day though?

It's possible and thanks for the feedback.  Hopefully I'll get to see some of his tape soon.

I liked Boyce after his 40 last year at the combine which he ran a 4.37 with a broken foot, I didn't think BB was doubling on WR's last year but he doubled at DB and
    WR fooled me again. Also the measurables on Lyerla has me intrigued, 6'4" 245, and runs a 4.5 40, and he pumped 225 15 times. I would like to see him run 3 cone and 10's and 20's drills, those drills show how fast he can change direction as well he can blow by the defensive backs trying to cover him. I know you don't like his baggage, but all of these players have flaws, He's potentially better than AH. On the field and none of his off field activities are hanging over him. He also isn't a gang member!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Fans always expect BB to do the unexpected... taking Brandin Cooks in Rd 1 would be just that.

yeah but how tall is he??  can't they draft someone with some height. Is cooks any different than amendola or edelman.  Just can't see taking him in the first round (i'm sure you've already addressed this, but I havn't kept up with the thread)

He's not tall, but I'm also not one of those people that wants him to draft size, just for the sake of size.  Cooks has an elite skill set to seperate on all areas of the field.

He's never taken a WR in Rd 1 during his time in NE, so it's not an expected move, which makes me think that there's a chance it could happen.

MB if thew Patriots didn't have holes in the DL, TE, OL and secondary I would agree that an early pick at WR would fool the masses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They just showed a shot of BB up in one of the booths, talking with Schiano.

I'm still convinced Schiano is coming aboard and they are looking to rebuild the D to what it use to be. I half way expect them to double dip at TE and DT this year

Would make a ton of sense to double dip at both, agreed.  They need more talent/depth at both positions.

Yeah, certainly looks like he's coming aboard... not sure BB would be talking draft with him if there was a chance he'd go to another NFL team.  Solid short term hire as I think he'll get another college HC gig sooner than later.

Shiano according to reports isn't interested in coaching this year as he has a high School age boy 15 year old, who he wants to spend time with.  Plus he doesn't need the money he's getting paid by the Bucs and he should be able to survive, also you are right about getting a college HC job, all he has to do too remain in the Tampa are is wait until the USF team stinks again next season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Sammy Watkins and Lil Wayne were seperated at birth.

Only because Sammy could already run a 40 in under 4.4.....LOl

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Building a great organization/ team is not just about evaluating talent. I would not want him on the Pats. Maybe, four years from now, he shows maturity, then maybe -- Similar to the Blount situation.

Yup you build an organization with all types of guys, sometimes you just need to trust what you see! If they draft him and that's a big word, if. I hope he shows the world just how talented he is and that he is able to avoid the mistakes that immature young men make all the time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

WRs < 7.0,  3 cone drill

Copeland, Damian

Reese, Tevin

Janis, Jeff

Grant, Ryan

Norwood, Kevin

Beckham, Odell

Ellington, Bruce

Powell, Walt

Burse, Isaiah

Cooks, Brandin

Campanaro, Michael

Abbrederis, Jared

Adams, Davante

Jones, T.J.

Herron, Robert

Hoffman, Cody

Street, Devin

Brown, John

Matthews, Jordan

Watkins, Sammy

Of note: from Patsfan.com (mayoclinic, belichickfan)

- Jeff Janis 6.64 - gives credence to those who say he moves like a slot receiver
    - Kevin Norwood 6.68
    - Odell Beckham 6.69
    - Brandin Cooks 6.76
    - Michael Campanaro 6.77 - not that far off of Edelman's 6.62
    - Devin Street 6.89
    - Jordan Matthews 6.95 - outstanding
    - Sammie Watkins 6.95
    - Done Moncrief 7.02
    - Mike Evans 7.08 - pretty good for a big man
    - Paul Richardson 7.09
    - Martavis Bryant 7.18
    - Brandon Coleman 7.33
    - Kelvin Benjamin 7.33

Again, for comparison, Logan Thomas ran a 4.6 40 with a 35.5" vertical and 7.05 3-cone at 6'6" 248#. Better than any of the TEs, and in the territory of some of the WRs. Very close to Mike Evans (better short shuttle and 3-cone, almost identical 10 yard split, slightly slower 40, slightly less vertical). For comparison, Dobson had a 7.19 last year and Boyce had a 6.68.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/13/1094904-next-stop-underwear-olympics-page55.html

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Bench Press DL:

Kaleb Ramsey, Boston College (36)

Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh (35)

Ryan Carrethers, Arkansas State (32)

Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota (32)

Robert Thomas, Arkansas (32)

Tenny Palepoi, Utah (31)

Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame (31)

Kerry Wynn, Richmond (31)

Eathyn Manumaleuna, BYU (29)

IK Enemkpali, Louisiana Tech (28)

Zachariah Kerr, Delaware (28)

Chris Smith, Arkansas (28)

Khyri Thornton, Southern Miss (28)

Timmy Jernigan, Florida St. (27)

Daniel McCullers, Tennessee (27)

Kelcy Quarles, South Carolina (27)

Jason Bromley, Syracuse (26)

Dominique Easley, Florida (26)

James Gayle, Virginia Tech (26)

Justin Ellis, Louisiana Tech (25)

DaQuan Jones, Penn St. (25)

Shamar Stephen, Connecticut (25)

Deandre Coleman, California (24)

Scott Crichton, Oregon St. (24)

Ego Ferguson, LSU (24)

Will Sutton, Arizona State (24)

Zach Moore, Concordia (MN) (23)

Mike Pennel, Colorado State-Pueblo (23)

Marcus Smith, Louisville (23)

Will Clarke, West Virginia (22)

Kony Ealy, Missouri (22)

Kareeem Martin, North Carolina (22)

Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina (21)

Taylor Hart, Oregon (21)

Howard Jones, Shepherd (21)

Josh Mauro, Stanford (21)

Jonathan Newsome, Ball St. (21)

Kerry Hyder, Texas Tech (20)

Anthony Johnson, LSU (20)

Demarcus Lawrence, Boise St. (20)

Caraun Reid, Princeton (20)

Kasim Edebali, Boston College (19)

Ethan Westbrooks, West Texas A&M (19)

Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas (18)

Aaron Lynch, South Florida (18)

George Uko, USC (18)

Tevin Mims, South Florida (17)

Michael Sam, Missouri (17)

Larry Webster, Bloomsburg (17)

Cassius Marsh, UCLA (14)

Dee Ford, Auburn (-)

Louis Nix, Notre Dame (-)

Jeoffrey Pagan, Alabama (-)

Ed Stinson, Alabama (-)

Brent Urban, Virginia (-)

Chris Whaley, Texas (-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

SportsBozo,

no i dont want Lyerla. dont care the talent. we just had a murderer on our team and BB knew a bunch about his checkered past and let it slide.

we currently have a guy going to jail in two weeks (Dennard) to serve his DUI probation breakage or whatever.

we have Talib who was been arrested twice I believe.

sometimes, the talent is worth the risk.. at this point and with this guy, no.

I'd rather have Niklas, Fierdo, ASJ or Amaro anyway. if not that go sign Scott Chandler is FA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

LBs Bench:

RESULTS

Max Bullough, Michigan St. (30)

Khiari Fortt, California (30)

Jeremiah George, Iowa St. (28)

Kevin Pierre-Louis, Boston College (28)

Chris Borland, Wisconsin (27)

Trevor Reilly, Utah (26)

Prince Shembo, Notre Dame (26)

Ryan Shazier, Ohio St. (25)

Avery Williamson, Kentucky (25)

Tyler Starr, South Dakota (24)

Carl Bradford, Arizona State (23)

Preston Brown, Louisville (23)

Anthony Hitchens, Iowa (23)

Devon Kennard, USC (23)

Khalil Mack, Buffalo (23)

Lamin Barrow, LSU (22)

Jordan Tripp, Montana (22)

Ronald Powell, Florida (21)

Kyle Van Noy, BYU (21)

Trent Murphy, Stanford (19)

James Morris, Iowa (18)

Yawin Smallwood, Connecticut (18)

Jonathan Brown, Illinois (16)

Christian Kirksey, Iowa (16)

Anthony Barr, UCLA (15)

Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech (-)

Adrian Hubbard, Alabama (-)

Andrew Jackson, Western Kentucky (-)

Christian Jones, Florida St. (-)

Boseko Lokombo, Oregon (-)

C.J. Mosley, Alabama (-)

Shayne Skov, Stanford (-)

Telvin Smith, Florida St. (-)

Devin Unga, BYU (-)

Jordan Zumwalt, UCLA (-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Anyone interested in Dri Archer as a KRer/spare 3rd down option to back up Vereen?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Anyone interested in Dri Archer as a KRer/spare 3rd down option to back up Vereen?

for sure

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

SportsBozo,

no i dont want Lyerla. dont care the talent. we just had a murderer on our team and BB knew a bunch about his checkered past and let it slide.

we currently have a guy going to jail in two weeks (Dennard) to serve his DUI probation breakage or whatever.

we have Talib who was been arrested twice I believe.

sometimes, the talent is worth the risk.. at this point and with this guy, no.

I'd rather have Niklas, Fierdo, ASJ or Amaro anyway. if not that go sign Scott Chandler is FA.

The pius one has spoken. I now hope he's the only TE the Patriots draft. I don't judge people by the bad things that happen in their lives.  I know someone said to wait until he grew up, by that time he wouldn't sign with anyone who ignored his talent in the first place... Also if you are any indication of the type of fair juror in New England, then AH can forget about receiving a trial based upon evidence! You don't know squat about who or what AH is, but you have no problem announcing that he is a murderer!!! Maybe you and the star witness the barber are friends...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Notre Dame's Stephon Tuitt, one of the top pass-rushing prospects in this year's NFL draft, will not work out at Monday's NFL Scouting Combine because of a small fracture in his left foot, according to a source familiar with the situation.

A second source confirmed that Tuitt was not medically cleared to participate. The injury -- a Jones fracture -- was revealed in a scan administered at the combine.

Tuitt plans to undergo surgery on his foot in about a week, the first source said, and is expected to fully recover in 6-8 weeks. He might try to schedule a pro day for NFL scouts before his surgery.

NFL Media's Bucky Brooks has Tuitt listed as the No. 2 defensive end in the draft behind South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney. He had 7.5 sacks last season after posting 12 as a sophomore in 2012.

Follow Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter @MoveTheSticks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

A look at some of the best and worst performances from Day 1 at the Combine.Greg Gabriel

SHARE Print This FEBRUARY 22, 2014, 06:31 PM EST 249   0 Reddit 2 Share   2  

I have said and written many times over the last few years that the prospects who are invited to the NFL Combine are expected to do well. The agent community has spent millions of dollars sending these players to performance schools during 6-8 week period prior to the Combine preparing them for their ultimate tryout. It has always been my opinion that the surprises of the Combine are not the kids who do well, but the kids who don’t perform as expected. It’s not about the players who experience a rise in stock, it’s about the prospects who suffer a hit.

There were some players heading into the 2014 Combine who were thought to be premium round prospects, but after their performances on Saturday, that may no longer be the case. The good thing for these prospects is that they still have an opportunity to “wow” scouts and coaches at their respective Pro Days in March and April. Many kids at the Combine will not run a 40-yard dash at their Pro Day because there is nothing more to prove in that department. However, for the players who produce questionable times in Indy, the Pro Day offers a chance for a make-up test.

Here are some players who surprised me with less than impressive workouts.

Cyrus Kouandjio, OL, Alabama: Going into the weekend, many thought Kouandjio was the fourth or fifth best tackle in this year’s draft class. But his Combine workout was average, to say the least. On tape, the Crimson Tide product looks and plays athletic. But in Indianapolis, Kouandjio looked slow and tight. He showed no explosive movement and was tight in the hips.

Cyrus KouandjioSeveral teams failed Kouandjio during the medical portion of the Combine.

A few hours after his workout, word spread that Kouandjio had failed some club’s physical examinations because of an arthritic knee. The fact that this news leaked was a surprise. Clubs seldom, if ever, release medical information. In addition, the results from these tests are sometimes not ready until at least 48 hours following the medical examination.

It is not unusual for some clubs to fail a player while other clubs pass him based off of the same information. When a player has an arthritic condition, what is looked at is his potential longevity in the league. Cyrus played at Alabama and didn’t miss time, so the main concern will focus on how long the medical staffs feel that Kouandjio can play at a high level in the NFL. If there are clubs that feel he can give them at least five good seasons, I don’t think his stock will drop that much come draft day.

Don’t be surprised to see Kouandjio’s agent feed the press some favorable medical reports. It’s all part of the process. We will know the real result come May.

David Yankey, OL, Stanford: On tape, Yankey is a very good player, showing quickness, agility and balance. Unfortunately, we didn’t see any of that during his workout. Like Kouandjio, Yankey looked slow. He also was upright in drills and his change of direction was average. There was no quick twitch to his performance. Scouts will now go back and look at more tape to see if they missed something.

Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech: After watching tape, I thought Amaro could possible give North Carolina’s Eric Ebron a run for his money as the first tight end selected in May. Amaro came in at a surprising 265 pounds (played in the neighborhood of 255 last fall) and ran a slow 4.74 40-yard dash. On tape, Amaro catches everything. But that wasn’t the case in Indy. Look for Amaro to drop about 10 pounds and re-run his 40 at the Texas Tech Pro Day.

Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame: Niklas didn’t run the 40 because he felt he wasn’t 100 percent. When players opt out of the 40 because of hamstring or groin injuries, they are usually just trying to fool NFL personnel. These kids have a better chance of pulling a muscle during drills than they do while running the 40 because of all the stop-and-go involved in drill work. Niklas’ drill work was average and for a guy who was a surprise draft entry, the Fighting Irish tight end better hope that he has a lights out workout at Notre Dame. If he doesn’t, then Niklas made a big mistake leaving school.

The Standouts

Greg RobinsonRobinson's performance has him moving up draft boards.

I have believed for a long time that offensive tackles Greg Robinson (Auburn), Jake Matthews (Texas A&M) and Taylor Lewan (Michigan) were all better football players than the three tackles who went one, two and four in last year’s draft (Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel and Lane Johnson). I have also said that because of the strength of this year’s draft class, all three of these guys may not get drafted as high as the tackles last year. That still may be the case, but all three made a strong case to be drafted in the top 10-12 picks with their workouts.

The one who stood out the most was Robinson because of the movement he showed for such a huge man. Robinson is 6-5 and 332 pounds, yet he moves like a defensive end. When you look at his technique, he isn’t as advanced as the others, but his upside is scary.

Last year I made a school call at Michigan the day before I went to Central Michigan. Figuring that Lewan was going to come out last year, I did a lot of tape work. In my opinion, Lewan was a better player in 2012 than Eric Fisher, but I thought Fisher was a slightly better athlete. After watching Lewan work out in Indianapolis, he can give Fisher a run for his money as far as athleticism.

Some other linemen who jumped out at me and looked better than expected were Joel Bitonio from Nevada,Jon Halapio from Florida and Seantreal Henderson from Miami. Henderson has the tools to be a very good NFL tackle. The problem, however, is his football character. Many question if Henderson really loves the game and wants to be a top player. Too often on tape he just goes through the motions. Henderson’s workout says he should go in the late first or early second round. His play and attitude say he goes late. Every club will have a very interesting discussion on when or even if to draft Henderson. He is a classic boom or bust type pick.

Follow Greg on Twitter: @greggabe

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

NFP Greg Gabriel,

The quarterbacks, receivers, and running backs took to the field Sunday to perform for general managers, coaches, and scouts. While it can be difficult to evaluate the quarterbacks because of their unfamiliarity with receivers, you can still look at their mechanics, arm strength, and footwork. If their throws show accuracy and ball placement, that’s a bonus.

In the first group, the quarterback who stood out the most was Alabama’s A.J. McCarron. McCarron has gotten more than his fair share of criticism from the media and draftnic community the last few months because of his refusal to play in the Senior Bowl. He got a chance to silence his critics Sunday morning when he easily was the best thrower among the quarterbacks. While he doesn’t possess the strongest arm of the group, he threw a tight ball, and his accuracy and ball placement was excellent.

Among the higher rated quarterbacks, Teddy Bridgewater did not throw or workout and Johnny Manziel only did the workout portion. Manziel ran about as expected, running the 40 in 4.68. Blake Bortles was slower than expected with an official time of 4.93. I thought Bortles arm strength was a little better than I originally gave him credit for and he threw a nice ball. His ball placement and accuracy was good but not great.

Wide Receivers

Brandin Cools won the gold medal for overall workout, with the fastest time among receivers with a 4.33. His vertical jump was 36” and his long jump was 10 feet. He also put up excellent numbers in the 20 yard shuttle (3.81) and 3-cone (6.76).

The consensus number one receiver, Sammy Watkins, had a good day but not quite as good as expected. He ran the 40 in 4.33, and his 20 yard shuttle was a bit of a disappointment at 4.34. He did much better in the 3-cone, timing 6.95. I felt his jumps were average with a 34” vertical and a 10 foot long jump. Don’t be surprised if Watkins tries to improve these numbers at his pro day.

Many people were anxious to see how two of the “jumbo receivers”, Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans, performed. Kelvin's official 40 time was 4.61 and his shuttle times were 4.39 and 7.33. He had a 32.5” vertical and a 9’11” long jump. Like Watkins, Benjamin may want to try all these events again at his pro day. Evans had a better day running the 40 in 4.53. His shuttles were 4.26 and 7.08 respectively. His vertical jump was 37”. I did not see the result of his long jump.

Some other receivers who showed excellent speed were Mississippi’s Donte Moncrief (4.40), Colorado’s Paul Richardson (4.40), Pittsburgh State’s John Brown (4.34), and LSU’s Odell Beckham (4.43).

Running Backs

In the running back group, one of the smallest participants was also the fastest. Kent State’s Dri Archer who came in at 5’8 – 173 but he easily had the fastest 40 of the day with a blistering 4.26. He also showed great leaping ability with a 38” vertical jump and a 10’2” long jump.

Ohio State’s Carlos Hyde, who many have ranked as the best running back, pulled a hamstring at the end of his first 40. He ran a 4.65 on that only try. He has to hope that he is healed by the Ohio State pro day.
    Boston College’ Andre Williams ran very well (4.56) but struggled to catch the ball. Arizona’s Ka’Deem Carey is not very big at 5097 – 207, so he has to have speed. He didn’t have any today, running a 4.70.
    Another small back, Washington’s Bishop Sankey, ran better than expected (4.49) and caught the ball well.

Many thought Baylor’s Lache Seastrunk would be the fastest back, he wasn’t close, timing 4.51.
    I thought Auburn’s Tre Mason had a strong day running a 4.50 40-yard dash and showed very good ability to adjust to the ball in the air. West Virginia’s Charles Sims also looked good, running the 40 in 4.48, jumping 10’4” and 37.5”, and catching the ball well. He has good body control to go along with his excellent speed.Follow Greg on Twitter: @greggabe

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

sup gents, know most are off to work I'll be watching the combine today if there's any specific player you want a breakdown on drills I'll try to get it for you.

As for WRs, damn there were some impressive workouts.  If they can't keep Blount, there are some options in later rounds but Blount is the known, hope they can resign him.

hopping the slower than expected time for Amaro puts him in range for the Pats.  While he didn't run well, he had an impressive 28 reps on bench just shows some power and stamina.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

MB if thew Patriots didn't have holes in the DL, TE, OL and secondary I would agree that an early pick at WR would fool the masses.

You could make an argument that WR is a hole (or at least a ?) as well, even with the additions of Dobson and Boyce last year.

At the end of the day, I just want them to bring in the best talent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:

sup gents, know most are off to work I'll be watching the combine today if there's any specific player you want a breakdown on drills I'll try to get it for you.

As for WRs, damn there were some impressive workouts.  If they can't keep Blount, there are some options in later rounds but Blount is the known, hope they can resign him.

hopping the slower than expected time for Amaro puts him in range for the Pats.  While he didn't run well, he had an impressive 28 reps on bench just shows some power and stamina.  

Our eye in the sky today!

I'm looking to see how a few of the big fatties perform:

• Hageman
    • Jones
    • Ferguson
    • Quarles
    • Urban
    • Ellis
    • Stinson

Etc.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

He's big enough. Doug Baldwin is exactly the same size. Cooks is better. I just don't know if it is smart to take a WR early in the draft given how deep the position is.

This is a fair point and something that I've echo'd as well, but it'd be tough to argue with the move if they made it as we all want the best players in the draft, regardless of position.

Sections
Shortcuts