***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

Here's a mock with NE taking Niklas at #29:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfp-mock-draft-1-0-160000571--nfl.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Too high for me, I would not take a TE in Rd 1. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

I still prefer D in Rd 1... or Brandin Cooks, ha.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I hear MB, Cooks would be interesting, maybe a trade back to top of rd 2. Still hoping for Pryor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I hear MB, Cooks would be interesting, maybe a trade back to top of rd 2. Still hoping for Pryor.

Yeah... hoping for Pryor, Ealy or Tuitt... then Hageman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Do you think Ealy has enough speed 4.92 40 and a 1.66 10 yard?  10 yard looks good. Maybe as he did with Sam he can replicate his pass rush with Jones.

I like Kareem Martin, great length, 4.72 40, 1.53 10 yard, good bend around the corner.  Ealy I think wins for effort for sure, that is my doubt with Hageman and Martin: consistant effort.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Do you think Ealy has enough speed 4.92 40 and a 1.66 10 yard?  10 yard looks good. Maybe as he did with Sam he can replicate his pass ruch with Jones.

I like Kareem Martin, great length, 4.72 40, 1.53 10 yard, good bend around the corner.  Ealy I think wins for effort for sure, that is my doubt with Hageman and Martin: consistant effort.

The 1.66 is actually the same as Chandler Jones, though Ealy had a 6.83 3C, compared to Chandler's 7.07... Chandler won the sprint though witha  4.77 vs. 4.92.  Both had 22 reps * 225... Chandler's arms were a bit longer 35.5 vs. 34.25.

Overall, I'm amazed at how similar they are and I have no worries about Ealy's speed on the field, very good burst off the snap/snap antipation, gets up field in a hurry, moves well laterally and gives a huge effort as you mentioned.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Yah man, I am in that nit-picky doubt phase, don't mind me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Yah man, I am in that nit-picky doubt phase, don't mind me.

Not a bad thing, I like these types of questions, makes me double check what I thought I thought, ha.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kezzamuzza. Show kezzamuzza's posts

Come on MB ....you can't have Crooks, Tuitt, Nix and Pryor.....

Which one if you had the choice ....given we may only get a shot at one.

Think we have a problem if we have to choose between Harmon and Tavon Wilson at safety?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to kezzamuzza's comment:

Think we have a problem if we have to choose between Harmon and Tavon Wilson at safety?

In order of want... Nix, Pryor, Tuitt, Cooks.

Expanded list:  Nix, Pryor, Ealy, Tuitt, Donald, Hageman, Cooks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

My dream scenario...

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014/02/2014-nfl-draft-post-combine-patriots-mock-draft.html#more-29413

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I jumped on the Pryor wagon after watching tape on him, the thing that stands out the most about him besides the fact that he hits like a freight train, is how easily he flips his hips when turning to run and cover! However I doubt he'll be available so I'll stick with my best guess and go with Hageman, but Pryor would be my first pick. Others I'd like to see the Patriots take if both of the previously mentioned guys are gone include Benjamin, Tuitt, Nix III, Gilbert and a cast of 10 more guys...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

My dream scenario...

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014/02/2014-nfl-draft-post-combine-patriots-mock-draft.html#more-29413

Wow, that would be a very good draft... solid from top to bottom... Irish aplenty too!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Looks like Tuitt had a makeshift pro day at his highschool and ran a 4.8 (based on his tweet).  I've read that he wasn't cleared to run at the combine, but did it at this pro day at his own risk.  That's pretty good for 6-5 303.

https://twitter.com/DOCnation_7

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

On paper, Northwestern WR/QB Kain Colter (5-10 198) looks like a kid that BB/NC would have pleny of interest in on Day 3.

Versatile?  Check

Quick twitch/sudden?  Check

Intelligent?  Check

Tough?  Check

Competitive?  Check

Leadership/intagibles?  Check

He's a QB convert, with big (10 inch), soft hands, that's still a little raw as a WR, but has the skill set and mental make up that they like in their slot players.  It also seems that they might even enjoy projects like this and aren't shy about taking QB converts and/or WR's from NW.  Solid under the radar option, IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

I think San Diego may grab Tuitt before NE has a chance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Really like Oregon State CB Rashaad Reynolds (5-10 189).  He shows very quick feet, quick hips, is aggressive and scheme diverse and plays with a definite edge.  He's smaller than ideal, but plays bigger than his size (solid run defender) and he did do 20 reps at 225, so he puts the work in.  He had popped to me a bit during Combine drills, so I took time to check him out this morning... could be solid mid round value... underrated kid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I think San Diego may grab Tuitt before NE has a chance.

Always possible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Where do you see Trent Murphy drawing interest as a 34OLB or 43DE?  He was heavier than the 250lbs at the combine, not bad 10 yr at 1.63.  He does play in space but is not as quick as other OLBs.  Long arms huge hand, I almost want him to be larger, he reminds me a bit of Nink.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

After cutting Gregory, if BB doesnt go after a SS in FA, I have no doubt Brock Vereen will be here next season

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Where do you see Trent Murphy drawing interest as a 34OLB or 43DE?  He was heavier than the 250lbs at the combine, not bad 10 yr at 1.63.  He does play in space but is not as quick as other OLBs.  Long arms huge hand, I almost want him to be larger, he reminds me a bit of Nink.

I think he's scheme diverse and can fit in either front.... had some good triangle #'s at the combine ( 6.78 3C / 4.20 SS) and has enormous hands (11/18)... tough, blue collar kid that I like somewhere in Rd 2.  He was 6-5 250 at the combine and couple prob add another 5-10 pounds if needed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

After cutting Gregory, if BB doesnt go after a SS in FA, I have no doubt Brock Vereen will be here next season

Good day 3/mid round option... adequate size, smart kid, moves well, runs well, plays hard... I like him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to kezzamuzza's comment:

In order of want... Nix, Pryor, Tuitt, Cooks.

Expanded list:  Nix, Pryor, Ealy, Tuitt, Donald, Hageman, Cooks.

I cannot imagine any of those big DLs will be available. Here's a list of teams who would have to be considering a DT or big DE in the first:

NYG: DL has not been as good as they're used to. Probably looking to get someone inside. They prefer explosive types who can penetrate. I am guessing Donald would be a good fit.

CHI: Run D ranks 32. I never imagined a CHI D could be that bad on run D. IMO the best run-stuffing DT is Jernigan.

PIT: They certainly could move to improve their run O. However they rank 22 on run D. Not PPIT-like. They also have an undersized 35 yr old playing at 34 RDE. I would not be surprised if they take Tuitt. Hageman would also be a good pick here.

DAL: Perhaps the worst D in the NFL (pass D ranks 32; run D 27). If they are smart they start fixing the D by bringing in the foundation of their D. Interior DL is really the best move for them. It does not matter if they play 34 or 43, Nix is the smartest (no such thing as a sure thing) move.

ARI: D is not bad considering they converted to 34 recently. However, the guy playing RDE is turning 33 in May. It's the perfect time to bring in a high upside prospect to learn behind Dockett. Hageman makes so much sense.

GBP: The D may not be the worst, but pretty close. Pickett, who plays as their main NT, is 34 yrs old . If PIT does not pick Nix, it's hard to imagine he would get away from GBP.

I think Ealy and Cooks will be available. I think Ealy is overrated. I do not believe he is a first rounder. Cooks is a first rounder, but I would rather they use their first round pick on a position other than WR.

You will love this, but I think Pryor will be available at 29. The team who I can see picking up a S is PHI. I believe they will choose teh bigger option in Clinton-Dix. I am mixed on whether Pryor would be a good use of the first round.

I think the positions that have kept them from getting over the hump and will keep them vulnerable are CB (so dependent on Talib being there), TE (so bad in the RZ when gronk is out) and DT (who knows if VW and/or Kelly will be back). With those positions intact, they have been good even with the S crew they carry.

I actually would not mind that they reach a bit for Niklas if not able to trade out of 29. That puts them in position to maneuver to get D Jones in the second. What these two picks mean is that you make the Os effectivness in teh RZ less dependent on whether Gronk is playing or not. You also make the interior DLs effectiveness less dependent on whether or not VW and/or Kelly comes back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

]

Good day 3/mid round option... adequate size, smart kid, moves well, runs well, plays hard... I like him.

agreed and Shane will quickly show him how to do things correctly in NE

Sections
Shortcuts