***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

Just started looking again at some of my favorites - as well as some that posters have recommended. 

As it stands now, without knowing anything about free agency, I would go:

1) Kony Ealy

2) CJ Federowitz

3) D. McCullers/Telvin Smith - (hey MB, will he last this long? Make him a hybrid safety)

If we could pick up a couple of OL late to help, I would be happy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mcboyd22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just started looking again at some of my favorites - as well as some that posters have recommended. 

As it stands now, without knowing anything about free agency, I would go:

1) Kony Ealy

2) CJ Federowitz

3) D. McCullers/Telvin Smith - (hey MB, will he last this long? Make him a hybrid safety)

If we could pick up a couple of OL late to help, I would be happy. 

[/QUOTE]

I have Smith as a Rd 2 kid, but I don't think Rd 3 is completely out of the question.  I think he's a steal there... he's undersized at only 218, but should at the very least be appealing to teams looking for a fast, athletic Will backer... but I think he has hybrid defender ability, yeah.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to kezzamuzza's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Come on MB ....you can't have Crooks, Tuitt, Nix and Pryor.....

Which one if you had the choice ....given we may only get a shot at one.

Think we have a problem if we have to choose between Harmon and Tavon Wilson at safety?

[/QUOTE]

In order of want... Nix, Pryor, Tuitt, Cooks.

Expanded list:  Nix, Pryor, Ealy, Tuitt, Donald, Hageman, Cooks.

[/QUOTE]

I cannot imagine any of those big DLs will be available. Here's a list of teams who would have to be considering a DT or big DE in the first:

NYG: DL has not been as good as they're used to. Probably looking to get someone inside. They prefer explosive types who can penetrate. I am guessing Donald would be a good fit.

CHI: Run D ranks 32. I never imagined a CHI D could be that bad on run D. IMO the best run-stuffing DT is Jernigan.

PIT: They certainly could move to improve their run O. However they rank 22 on run D. Not PPIT-like. They also have an undersized 35 yr old playing at 34 RDE. I would not be surprised if they take Tuitt. Hageman would also be a good pick here.

DAL: Perhaps the worst D in the NFL (pass D ranks 32; run D 27). If they are smart they start fixing the D by bringing in the foundation of their D. Interior DL is really the best move for them. It does not matter if they play 34 or 43, Nix is the smartest (no such thing as a sure thing) move.

ARI: D is not bad considering they converted to 34 recently. However, the guy playing RDE is turning 33 in May. It's the perfect time to bring in a high upside prospect to learn behind Dockett. Hageman makes so much sense.

GBP: The D may not be the worst, but pretty close. Pickett, who plays as their main NT, is 34 yrs old . If PIT does not pick Nix, it's hard to imagine he would get away from GBP.

I think Ealy and Cooks will be available. I think Ealy is overrated. I do not believe he is a first rounder. Cooks is a first rounder, but I would rather they use their first round pick on a position other than WR.

You will love this, but I think Pryor will be available at 29. The team who I can see picking up a S is PHI. I believe they will choose teh bigger option in Clinton-Dix. I am mixed on whether Pryor would be a good use of the first round.

I think the positions that have kept them from getting over the hump and will keep them vulnerable are CB (so dependent on Talib being there), TE (so bad in the RZ when gronk is out) and DT (who knows if VW and/or Kelly will be back). With those positions intact, they have been good even with the S crew they carry.

I actually would not mind that they reach a bit for Niklas if not able to trade out of 29. That puts them in position to maneuver to get D Jones in the second. What these two picks mean is that you make the Os effectivness in teh RZ less dependent on whether Gronk is playing or not. You also make the interior DLs effectiveness less dependent on whether or not VW and/or Kelly comes back.

[/QUOTE]

Agree that there's never a certainty on the DT's/DL, but one of two of those guys could certainly fall.

This is what I love about "scouting", two people can review a player and come away with a completely different opinion/perception of a player.  I personally love Ealy on tape... very good burst/snap anticipation, instinctive with good lateral agility, making a good amount of plays down the LOS or down the field in pursuit, uses his hands/length well, very disruptive off the edge and is frequently seen behind the LOS... high effort, aggressive player.  Really like him.

Pryor would be awesome... how about the below Rd 1 alternatives, who would interest you most?

Bradley Roby

Kyle Fuller

Ryan Shazier

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Think we have a problem if we have to choose between Harmon and Tavon Wilson at safety?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I cannot imagine any of those big DLs will be available. Here's a list of teams who would have to be considering a DT or big DE in the first:

NYG: DL has not been as good as they're used to. Probably looking to get someone inside. They prefer explosive types who can penetrate. I am guessing Donald would be a good fit.

CHI: Run D ranks 32. I never imagined a CHI D could be that bad on run D. IMO the best run-stuffing DT is Jernigan.

PIT: They certainly could move to improve their run O. However they rank 22 on run D. Not PPIT-like. They also have an undersized 35 yr old playing at 34 RDE. I would not be surprised if they take Tuitt. Hageman would also be a good pick here.

DAL: Perhaps the worst D in the NFL (pass D ranks 32; run D 27). If they are smart they start fixing the D by bringing in the foundation of their D. Interior DL is really the best move for them. It does not matter if they play 34 or 43, Nix is the smartest (no such thing as a sure thing) move.

ARI: D is not bad considering they converted to 34 recently. However, the guy playing RDE is turning 33 in May. It's the perfect time to bring in a high upside prospect to learn behind Dockett. Hageman makes so much sense.

GBP: The D may not be the worst, but pretty close. Pickett, who plays as their main NT, is 34 yrs old . If PIT does not pick Nix, it's hard to imagine he would get away from GBP.

I think Ealy and Cooks will be available. I think Ealy is overrated. I do not believe he is a first rounder. Cooks is a first rounder, but I would rather they use their first round pick on a position other than WR.

You will love this, but I think Pryor will be available at 29. The team who I can see picking up a S is PHI. I believe they will choose teh bigger option in Clinton-Dix. I am mixed on whether Pryor would be a good use of the first round.

I think the positions that have kept them from getting over the hump and will keep them vulnerable are CB (so dependent on Talib being there), TE (so bad in the RZ when gronk is out) and DT (who knows if VW and/or Kelly will be back). With those positions intact, they have been good even with the S crew they carry.

I actually would not mind that they reach a bit for Niklas if not able to trade out of 29. That puts them in position to maneuver to get D Jones in the second. What these two picks mean is that you make the Os effectivness in teh RZ less dependent on whether Gronk is playing or not. You also make the interior DLs effectiveness less dependent on whether or not VW and/or Kelly comes back.

[/QUOTE]

Agree that there's never a certainty on the DT's/DL, but one of two of those guys could certainly fall.

This is what I love about "scouting", two people can review a player and come away with a completely different opinion/perception of a player.  I personally love Ealy on tape... very good burst/snap anticipation, instinctive with good lateral agility, making a good amount of plays down the LOS or down the field in pursuit, uses his hands/length well, very disruptive off the edge and is frequently seen behind the LOS... high effort, aggressive player.  Really like him.

Pryor would be awesome... how about the below Rd 1 alternatives, who would interest you most?

Bradley Roby

Kyle Fuller

Ryan Shazier

[/QUOTE]

I like them all, but if those guys were the best available I would seriously try to trade back to 40 or so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bradley Roby

Kyle Fuller

Ryan Shazier

[/QUOTE]

I like them all, but if those guys were the best available I would seriously try to trade back to 40 or so.

[/QUOTE]

I'd prob agree with you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I like Florida TE/HB/FB Trey Burton (6-2 224) as a flex type player in the late rounds.  He brings an AH type skill set to the table,, though he's about 20 pounds smaller and not as dynamic.  At the same time, his versatility, toughness, athleticism and competitiveness could be of value to BB/McD.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

I like Florida TE/HB/FB Trey Burton (6-2 224) as a flex type player in the late rounds.  He brings an AH type skill set to the table,, though he's about 20 pounds smaller and not as dynamic.  At the same time, his versatility, toughness, athleticism and competitiveness could be of value to BB/McD.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Burton is a guy to really keep an eye on.  Seems like a pretty good, smart player.  In a dismal season for Florida football, he was definitaly one of the bright spots.  His versatility really stands out.  Screams "BB Guy" to me.  I thought he looked very quick and athletic in the few times I saw him play live, but I really haven't seen enough of him to make a definative statement one way or the other.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Here is what I was thinking/hoping for the Pats 2014 Draft ...  

Assumptions: Gone: Gregory (right on that on); Blount; Edelman; Spikes; Thompkins; Mulligan

Stay: Talib; Hooman FA Signings: DL & OL & LB (cheaper non-skill player vets brought in, as usual)   

Draft – Skill players that are too expensive to get via FA. My faves in order for top 3 rounds:  

R1 – A stretch the field tall receiver ... or a skilled TE: Jordan Matthews  or Jace Amaro  or K Benjamin

R2 – A safety who is physical and can play in space: Deone Bucannon  or Terrence Brooks or Ed Reynolds

R3 – RB or WR who can replace Edelman on Punt/KR ... and help out catching and/or running:  Tyler Gaffney or Jared Abbreferis or Dri Archer or Josh Huff

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can find Diamonds in the rough when a program has a down year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

I like AC Leonard, (6023, 252, 4.5 40),  showed great hands and easy movement during the drills.  He had an off field incident that he has owned up to and seems in all interviews to be convincing.  He was an Urban Meyer guy, then Meyer left.  I think he is a late rd sleeper that would contribute right away.  NE would have to do their due diligence.  I could only find the incident at Florida so he is not a repeat offender.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

NFP » News » Hot News and Rumors RSS Brandon Coleman met with Patriots, Packers, Seahawks

Rutgers wide receiver has ideal size Aaron Wilson

Share Print This March 02, 2014, 11:35 AM EST   360   0 Reddit 1 Share   1  

Imposing Rutgers junior wide receiver Brandon Coleman has an intriguing size-speed combination.

The 6-foot-6, 225-pounder ran the 40-yard dash in 4.56 seconds at the NFL scouting combine. He also bench pressed 225 pounds 21 times, the same amount that Alabama offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio did.

Coleman also registered a 32.5-inch vertical leap, a 7.33 in the three-cone drill and a 4.51 in the 20-yard shuttle.

Coleman met with the New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks. He also had an informal meeting with the Washington Redskins.

"I think I did pretty good, I left it all out there," Coleman said. "I just wanted them to get to know who I am as a person and as a player on tape."

Coleman caught 92 career passes for 1,733 yards and 19 touchdowns at Rutgers. A former high school standout at Bishop McNamara in Maryland, Coleman had 43 catches for 718 yards and 10 touchdowns as a sophomore when he was named second-team All-Big East Conference.

As a junior while playing through a knee injury, Coleman had 34 catches for 538 yards and four touchdowns.

"They're going to get somebody who's professional and comes to compete," Coleman said. "I played in a pro-style system. I feel ready.

"I've enjoyed the draft process up and to this point. It's exciting. It can be nerve-wracking, too. As long as I do my part, the rest is out of my hands."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

Bradley Roby

Kyle Fuller

Ryan Shazier

[/QUOTE]

I would hate to use the 29th pick on an LB. Even though Shazier is probably right at the right range, I would not take him, just because I do not think the Pats need a LB that badly. On a different year, I might say differently. I think it would be a waste of a first round pick this year.

Fuller or Roby would be a reach that I would not mind if they go for. I prefer Fuller.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Post Combine mock:

So going over some stuff and looking at who the Pats talked to and some 3 cone numbers (honestly the Pats love 3 cone numbers) here is my post combine mock. I tried not to have any trades but with the expected 3 comp picks I couldn't help but to package the 6th and 7th to move into the 5th for a single player but no guesses as to early rounds or Mallett because that's almost useless:

1st - RaShede Hageman DT -  I know most are thinking TE and generally I agree but I think BB has his eyes set on one player for TE and he can get him in the 2nd. Hageman though has the size BB loves and versatility to move all over the line. If Nix was here BB would take him but Hageman is BBs chance at getting a Watt type of player and I just don't see BB missing a chance at getting that type of player considering how much BB compliments Watt.

2nd - CJ Fiedorowicz TE - Niklas might be the pick but I don't see him making it to the back of the 2nd. Fiedorowicz however has all the ear marks of a BB pick. Was one of the more solid TE's at the SB, top 3 cone and 20 shuttle time, and is just a wide body grinder who has great hands. He also has a connection with Herns brother who BB has still maintained contact even after the event.

3rd - Brandon Coleman WR - The Pats have been 1 of 3 teams linked to Coleman and you have to love his size and speed. He's the type of player you can toss on the outside and just toss it up to him. Not to mention RZ being a huge problem last year without Gronk and that's where Coleman would shine. Personally I'd rather have a more complete player in Hoffman but Coleman would make sense.

4th - Antone Exum CB/S - This is a great value pick the Pats love to take a chance on in the 4th. It looks increasing like Exum is going to have to move to S in the Pro's and at 6'1" 225lbs it wouldn't be hard to see him move to the SS role. He hits hard and can play in the run game but has CB skills to cover TE's and slot guys. It's BB's ideal SS, basically one with the coverage skills of a CB, the athletism of a FS, and the body of a SS.

5th (trade) - Aaron Lynch DE - BB just can't turn down this talent. What many considered a sure 1st round pick after his rook season suddenly things feel apart quickly. In the 5th the value of a top end pass rusher is too much to give up.

6th (comp) - Joe Dun Duncan TE - BB double dips at TE position and gets the hidden gem of the draft. Good route runner, very strong, and great hands. He could turn out to be one of the better TE's in the draft.

6th (comp) - Alex Bullard G/C - BB seems to like Tenn's OL so why not start with Bullard who's a swing player? It's a position of need and Bullard has good potential in the late rounds.

7th (comp) -  Zach Fuller G - Another Tenn player back to back. Why not grab 2 players for the OL? They already know each other and play well together so grabbing 2 who could play next to each other makes perfect sense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Post Combine mock:

So going over some stuff and looking at who the Pats talked to and some 3 cone numbers (honestly the Pats love 3 cone numbers) here is my post combine mock. I tried not to have any trades but with the expected 3 comp picks I couldn't help but to package the 6th and 7th to move into the 5th for a single player but no guesses as to early rounds or Mallett because that's almost useless:

1st - RaShede Hageman DT -  I know most are thinking TE and generally I agree but I think BB has his eyes set on one player for TE and he can get him in the 2nd. Hageman though has the size BB loves and versatility to move all over the line. If Nix was here BB would take him but Hageman is BBs chance at getting a Watt type of player and I just don't see BB missing a chance at getting that type of player considering how much BB compliments Watt.

2nd - CJ Fiedorowicz TE - Niklas might be the pick but I don't see him making it to the back of the 2nd. Fiedorowicz however has all the ear marks of a BB pick. Was one of the more solid TE's at the SB, top 3 cone and 20 shuttle time, and is just a wide body grinder who has great hands. He also has a connection with Herns brother who BB has still maintained contact even after the event.

3rd - Brandon Coleman WR - The Pats have been 1 of 3 teams linked to Coleman and you have to love his size and speed. He's the type of player you can toss on the outside and just toss it up to him. Not to mention RZ being a huge problem last year without Gronk and that's where Coleman would shine. Personally I'd rather have a more complete player in Hoffman but Coleman would make sense.

4th - Antone Exum CB/S - This is a great value pick the Pats love to take a chance on in the 4th. It looks increasing like Exum is going to have to move to S in the Pro's and at 6'1" 225lbs it wouldn't be hard to see him move to the SS role. He hits hard and can play in the run game but has CB skills to cover TE's and slot guys. It's BB's ideal SS, basically one with the coverage skills of a CB, the athletism of a FS, and the body of a SS.

5th (trade) - Aaron Lynch DE - BB just can't turn down this talent. What many considered a sure 1st round pick after his rook season suddenly things feel apart quickly. In the 5th the value of a top end pass rusher is too much to give up.

6th (comp) - Joe Dun Duncan TE - BB double dips at TE position and gets the hidden gem of the draft. Good route runner, very strong, and great hands. He could turn out to be one of the better TE's in the draft.

6th (comp) - Alex Bullard G/C - BB seems to like Tenn's OL so why not start with Bullard who's a swing player? It's a position of need and Bullard has good potential in the late rounds.

7th (comp) -  Zach Fuller G - Another Tenn player back to back. Why not grab 2 players for the OL? They already know each other and play well together so grabbing 2 who could play next to each other makes perfect sense.

[/QUOTE]

Solid draft, Eng.  I would be thrilled with this class!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Post Combine mock:

[/QUOTE]

Solid draft, Eng.  I would be thrilled with this class!

[/QUOTE] Nice mock, I like the two Tennessee kids. I don't know if Exum will be there in the 4rth but otherwise nothing wrong with that mock.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice mock, I like the two Tennessee kids. I don't know if Exum will be there in the 4rth but otherwise nothing wrong with that mock.

[/QUOTE]

I had a debate about that too, but because of his injury holding him back from working out for teams and the chance he'd have to change positions I have him dropping a round from where I think he'd normally fall if he could show teams what he could do at the combine and senior bowl

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Post Combine mock:

1st - RaShede Hageman DT -  I know most are thinking TE and generally I agree but I think BB has his eyes set on one player for TE and he can get him in the 2nd. Hageman though has the size BB loves and versatility to move all over the line. If Nix was here BB would take him but Hageman is BBs chance at getting a Watt type of player and I just don't see BB missing a chance at getting that type of player considering how much BB compliments Watt. I like this pick, although his film shows inconsistency.  You can't teach 6'6", 310 with excellent measurables.  I think someone higher will grab him.  I actually think there is a chance Nix might be there depending on his pro-day.  IMO, Tuitt would be the pick.

2nd - CJ Fiedorowicz TE - Niklas might be the pick but I don't see him making it to the back of the 2nd. Fiedorowicz however has all the ear marks of a BB pick. Was one of the more solid TE's at the SB, top 3 cone and 20 shuttle time, and is just a wide body grinder who has great hands. He also has a connection with Herns brother who BB has still maintained contact even after the event. Good, I think CJF runs better than Niklas. He will fit in well.

3rd - Brandon Coleman WR - The Pats have been 1 of 3 teams linked to Coleman and you have to love his size and speed. He's the type of player you can toss on the outside and just toss it up to him. Not to mention RZ being a huge problem last year without Gronk and that's where Coleman would shine. Personally I'd rather have a more complete player in Hoffman but Coleman would make sense. This may be your best pick.  Coleman is rising. No one can argue with his size. A big receiver on the outside or across the middle deep. I know people have questioned his drops, but I don't think his college QBs were any help.

4th - Antone Exum CB/S - This is a great value pick the Pats love to take a chance on in the 4th. It looks increasing like Exum is going to have to move to S in the Pro's and at 6'1" 225lbs it wouldn't be hard to see him move to the SS role. He hits hard and can play in the run game but has CB skills to cover TE's and slot guys. It's BB's ideal SS, basically one with the coverage skills of a CB, the athletism of a FS, and the body of a SS.  5"11.5" 213, 4.59 40, 3-C 7.05.  He is a S for sure.  He may go sooner than where NE is slotted in the 4th.

5th (trade) - Aaron Lynch DE - BB just can't turn down this talent. What many considered a sure 1st round pick after his rook season suddenly things feel apart quickly. In the 5th the value of a top end pass rusher is too much to give up. Another good pick!

6th (comp) - Joe Dun Duncan TE - BB double dips at TE position and gets the hidden gem of the draft. Good route runner, very strong, and great hands. He could turn out to be one of the better TE's in the draft. Need to see him run. Strong for sure!

7th (comp) -  Zach Fuller G - Another Tenn player back to back. Why not grab 2 players for the OL? They already know each other and play well together so grabbing 2 who could play next to each other makes perfect sense.  Good investment on the OL.

We will probably have 1 or 2 Comp picks the most.  Soap counted against us.

Excellent Mock.  One of the best I have seen on the Web.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We will probably have 1 or 2 Comp picks the most.  Soap counted against us.

Excellent Mock.  One of the best I have seen on the Web.

[/QUOTE]

not sure if soap counts against us. I thought it was only FA's picked up and lost because you don't give up anything to aquire them. Ala, Moss wasn't held against us because he was a trade.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

^ I read it from Miguel on Patsfans.com, but could be wrong.  I could be wrong with Tuitt also. With his Jones fracture, he could be selected  in the second rd even later in the 2nd.  He is having surgery and many feel he will not be able to run before thr draft.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Another opinion on compensatory picks,

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2014/02/new_england_patriots_projected.html

According to Philly.com's Jimmy Kempski, whose former blog, "Blogging the bEast," accurately projected 24 of the selections last year, the Patriots will be awarded one pick for their losses. Amendola ($5.5 million), Svitek ($1 million) and Sopoaga ($3.7 million), who now counts as an addition, offset the production of Welker ($6 million), Thomas ($3.5 million) and Woodhead ($1.8).

The picks are officially announced at the owners meetings in March and cannot be traded.

New England's picks are as follows:

1st Round (Assigned)
    2nd Round (Assigned)
    3rd Round (Assigned)
    4th Round (Assigned)
    6th Round (From Philadelphia)
    6th Round (Assigned)
    7th Round (Assigned)

and Miguel,  http://www.patsfans.com/salary-cap/?p=239?sc=mf#.UxUCHh082pp

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another opinion on compensatory picks,

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2014/02/new_england_patriots_projected.html

According to Philly.com's Jimmy Kempski, whose former blog, "Blogging the bEast," accurately projected 24 of the selections last year, the Patriots will be awarded one pick for their losses. Amendola ($5.5 million), Svitek ($1 million) and Sopoaga ($3.7 million), who now counts as an addition, offset the production of Welker ($6 million), Thomas ($3.5 million) and Woodhead ($1.8).

The picks are officially announced at the owners meetings in March and cannot be traded.

New England's picks are as follows:

1st Round (Assigned)
    2nd Round (Assigned)
    3rd Round (Assigned)
    4th Round (Assigned)
    6th Round (From Philadelphia)
    6th Round (Assigned)
    7th Round (Assigned)

[/QUOTE]

wow that would make it even worse of a trade. Though Soap didn't make $3.7mil with us. I'll guess we'll have to wait and see but yeah the Amendola signing and Soap trade makes it worse everyday

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Quick question, say Armstead is 100% healthy (take any concern of what was wrong with him in 2013) what round based on what we know would you take him?

What player in this year's draft does he recemenble the most?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Quick question, say Armstead is 100% healthy (take any concern of what was wrong with him in 2013) what round based on what we know would you take him?

What player in this year's draft does he recemenble the most?

[/QUOTE]

Interesting Question.  If I was going to compare Amstead to a player in this draft, I guess I would say that Kelcy Quarless from S.C. is the closest comparison I can find.  Both guys are more of a penatrating style D-Lineman.  I would give Armstead a late 2nd round or early 3rd round grade.  Health is obviously the ultimate X-Factor here. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

This is what they said in 2012: I think a late 2nd would be about right, but with halth issues you could drop him a round.

Armond Armstead Scouting Report Armond Armstead - Southern California (HT: 6-5 - WT: 290) Positives -- Excellent size; a legit 290 pounds with room to add more muscle without losing his top notch athleticism... Underrated pass rusher; has a good bull rush and is surprisingly quick and can get around the edge... Goes sideline to sideline as well as any defensive lineman in the draft; his speed is   up there with some linebackers... Uses his hands very well; disengages with force and is just a tough guy to block... Very patient player; if the opportunity to make a huge play arises only once during a game it's certain that Armstead will make it... Good tackler, he is very good at wrapping and driving though; his arm length and overall size dislodges the football on a regular basis... Played all over the defensive line and was productive no matter where he was... Was projected prior to last season as an eventual late first or early second round pick so the talent is clearly there... Was very mature about not playing during the 2011 season and wasn't a distraction to the program; wanted to play for another school next season but Southern California said they would block any transfer request.
    Negatives-- Can't stay healthy; has missed games during every season at Southern Cal... Missed the entire 2011 season are experiencing chest pains; was cleared by the doctors at the hospital but the team doctors decided that it was in the schools' best interest to not let him play... Can be lazy at times; should have been an unstoppable force in college but only showed flashes of his full ability... Can be overaggressive at times and overrun the ball carrier or the quarterback at times... Is sure to be dropped off of some teams boards entirely because of the medical risk... A boom or bust prospect; could develop into a Pro Bowler if he can stay healthy but could be out the league in a few years.                                                                 At Southern California -- (Official School Bio) 2010: Armstead started all of his 2010 junior season, 11 times at defensive end and once (against Virginia) at defensive tackle. Overall in 2010 while appearing in 12 games (he missed the Washington State game with a shoulder sprain suffered at Minnesota), he had 43 tackles, including 6.5 for losses (with 3 sacks), plus a fumble recovery and 2 deflections. He had 3 tackles at Hawaii, 1 against Virginia while playing both tackle and end, 4 at Minnesota (1.5 for losses) and versus Washington (with a sack) and 3 at Stanford and against California (1 for a loss). He then had 7 tackles (0.5 for a loss) and a fumble recovery against Oregon. He added 1 stop at Arizona, then had 8 tackles at Oregon State, 4 versus Notre Dame (0.5 for a loss) and 5 tackles, including 2 sacks, and 2 deflections at UCLA. 2009: Armstead was switched from defensive tackle to end in 2009 spring drills and the move turned out well as he earned the starting job there as a sophomore in 2009. But he broke his left foot in 2009 fall camp and missed USC's first 5 games. He returned to see limited action in the final 8 games in 2009, primarily at end. He started 5 games, 2 at tackle and the last 3 at end. Overall in 2009 while appearing in 8 games, he had 6 tackles, including 1 for a loss, and blocked a PAT.

Read more at Sideline Scouting: http://www.sidelinescouting.com/rankings/2012/dt/armond-armstead/#ixzz2uzIbE7df

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

A super sleeper. Hope he has a pro day;

Terrence Fede, DS #40 DE, Marist 

Name: Terrence Fede 
    College: Marist     Number: 92
    Height: 6-3   Weight: 285
    Position: DE  Pos2: DT
    Class/Draft Year: rSr/2014
    40 Low: 4.76   40 Time: 4.87  40 High: 5.05

01/03/14 - 2013 ASSOCIATED PRESS FCS SECOND TEAM ALL-AMERICAN: DL Terrence Fede, Marist, Sr.,...In 2013, Fede set Marist’s single-season program record with 13 sacks, which gave him a program-record 30.5 sacks for his career. He currently leads the FCS in sacks per game. Fede also registered 59 total tackles, 18 tackles for loss, four pass break-ups and a forced fumble. He had at least half a sack in 9 of 11 games, and at least half a tackle for loss in 10 of 11 games. Fede was named PFL Defensive Player of the Week twice this season. Fede was also named Pioneer Football League Defensive Player of the Year this season. He finished sixth nationally in the voting for the Buck Buchanan Award, which is presented to the best defensive player in the FCS. - Marist football