***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It'll be interesting to see if they have any interest in Benjamin as that flex TE type.

[/QUOTE]

It makes sense. He's already 240. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

If CB moves up to be a 1st Rd pick for NE, I think Fuller would be a good choice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If CB moves up to be a 1st Rd pick for NE, I think Fuller would be a good choice.

[/QUOTE]

My choice too. About 10 spots of a reach at 29 but I would not mind if they did. IMO once you get out of the top 15, grades will vary by as much as +/- 7 spots, depending on whose evaluating.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

have you guys looked into DeRon Furr? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0_VlZmCSOk

He is on radars, has done a few interviews one is online.  Believe he will be at one of the prodays later in March.

Also, I'm a huge fan of small school guys who make it, rule for small school guys they must had dominated their oponents

The ones I would put money on these to get their names called:

Reggie Jordan TE 6'3" 240lbs, a flex type player runs well and has good vert to go up for the ball.  

Zach Kerr DT/NT 6'1" 326lbs, very quick off the ball plays in backfield, can he do it with bigger stronger guys I think yes because of his quickness and movement at that weight. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As0ACtkIgZc

Walt Aikens CB 6'1" 205lbs at senior bowl he didn't have a good showing the first few days but started coming around.  Think it was big lights type thing but has all the tools and speed to develop into a #2 CB.

Qua Cox CB 5'10" 184lbs Cox is an excellent cover CB, but he's overlooked even though I believe bold statement, he should be no lower than a 4th round pick but probably goes undrafted.  

Have a few more but will share those later, trying to get their pro days.

Added one more because he's a beast well as much as you can be coming from Concordia-St. Paul.

Zack Moore 6'5" 270lbs this kid is raw but has incredible athletic ability and in Division II racked up 33 sacks in college.  High character kid who works hard to improve.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ryan Rodig @ryanrodigwfrv Follow

Packers, Lions, Bengals, Bills, Panthers, Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Colts, Texans among teams represented at #Badgers Pro Day

Have not found anything definite on Wisconsin, GB was there to see Borland, Cincinnati also sent scouts, I am many teams were there, but I know Caserio was in Mississippi on Monday to possibly see Moncrief

Mississippi
    Two dozen teams were on hand to watch the Rebels workout today and amongst the decision makers was Nick Cesario of the New England Patriots.

http://walterfootball.com/proday.php

[/QUOTE]

Donte Moncrief the big WR? Interesting if that's who he's watching. Esp since they talked with Coleman too, both big guys who are down field threats with deceptive speed for big guys but not much in the way of physical players for their size. Make you wonder why they doubled dipped at WR last year when this year was clearly the better WR year to go with.

[/QUOTE] Here's a good reason for their apparent interest in a big WR, Dobson hasn't healed from his season ending injury problems.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

have you guys looked into DeRon Furr? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0_VlZmCSOk

He is on radars, has done a few interviews one is online.  Believe he will be at one of the prodays later in March.

Also, I'm a huge fan of small school guys who make it, rule for small school guys they must had dominated their oponents

The ones I would put money on these to get their names called:

Reggie Jordan TE 6'3" 240lbs, a flex type player runs well and has good vert to go up for the ball.  

Zach Kerr DT/NT 6'1" 326lbs, very quick off the ball plays in backfield, can he do it with bigger stronger guys I think yes because of his quickness and movement at that weight. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As0ACtkIgZc

Walt Aikens CB 6'1" 205lbs at senior bowl he didn't have a good showing the first few days but started coming around.  Think it was big lights type thing but has all the tools and speed to develop into a #2 CB.

Qua Cox CB 5'10" 184lbs Cox is an excellent cover CB, but he's overlooked even though I believe bold statement, he should be no lower than a 4th round pick but probably goes undrafted.  

Have a few more but will share those later, trying to get their pro days.

Added one more because he's a beast well as much as you can be coming from Concordia-St. Paul.

Zack Moore 6'5" 270lbs this kid is raw but has incredible athletic ability and in Division II racked up 33 sacks in college.  High character kid who works hard to improve.  

[/QUOTE]

Furr, is new to me.  The rest have been mentioned here before. These guys have a good chance to make a roster.  Moore just had his pro day should make a roster.  Aikens to me will get drafted on day 3.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1981056-let-the-games-begin-the-nfl-front-office-lying-season-is-just-getting-started

Thought this was interesting, funny, but so true.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It'll be interesting to see if they have any interest in Benjamin as that flex TE type.

[/QUOTE]

It makes sense. He's already 240. 

[/QUOTE]

The idea is really growing on me... the epitome of "matchup nightmare".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

What big (6-2+ / 200+), Rd 2/mid round WR would you want most?  I'm torn between Moncrief and Latimer... would probably give the edge to Moncrief at this point.

Donte Moncrief

Cody Latimer

Jordan Matthews

Martavis Bryant

Brandon Coleman

Cody Hoffman

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tg19pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Quick question, who are the late 4-7 round safeties the pats could look into? We all know we need a tough ss in the back of our defense. 

[/QUOTE]

Below are 10 safeties that interest me in that range:

Antone Exum- VT

Craig Loston- LSU

Brock Vereen- Minnesota

Vinnie Sunseri- Alabama

Hakeem Smith- Lousiville

Dontae Johnson- NC State

Isaiah Lewis- Michigan State

Jason Hendricks- Pitt

Dan Sorensen- BYU

Shamiel Gary- Oklahoma St

[/QUOTE]

I have heard some good comments on vereen, he seems to have the right attitude and with his brother on the tthe tar transition would be easier. He had a good combine too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below are (10) prospects that I think are underrated in this class... who are your underrated prospects?

1. OG Joel Bitonio- Nevada
    2. WR Cody Latimer- Indiana
    3. CB Rashaad Reynolds- Oregon State
    4. DL Ed Stinson- Alabama
    5. DT Brent Urban- Virginia
    6. WR Kain Colter- Northwestern
    7. OL John Urschel- Penn State
    8. CB Dexter McDougle- Maryland
    9. RB Alfred Blue- LSU
    10. TE/HB/FB Trey Burton- Florida

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

2014 Pro Day Results: Thursday, March 6, 11:45 a.m. 
    By Tony Pauline, http://draftinsider.net/ 

Clemson 
    The early reports on Sammy Watkins from Clemson have been off the charts. Scouts are gushing how fluid and natural the receiver has been catching the ball. One source from the workout says its one of the best pro-days from a receiver he's ever witnessed. 

Martavis Bryant, on the other hand, has looked very robotic and has not practiced to the low 4.4 speed he ran to at the combine. 

Cornerback Bashaud Breeland timed 4.55s in the forty, an improvement from his combine performance. 

Texas A&M 
    One name that slipped through the crack at Texas A&M pro-day yesterday was running back Ben Malena. The smallish ball carrier ran in the high 4.4s then looked terrific in drills. I am told the New England Patriots, who are very high on Malena, took him to dinner on Tuesday evening. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

What big (6-2+ / 200+), Rd 2/mid round WR would you want most?  I'm torn between Moncrief and Latimer... would probably give the edge to Moncrief at this point.

Donte Moncrief

Cody Latimer

Jordan Matthews

Martavis Bryant

Brandon Coleman

Cody Hoffman

[/QUOTE]

None in round 2 rather a TE or DT. If Moncrief makes it to the 3rd I'd take him, my 2nd choice would be Hoffman in the 4th or mid 5th (provided they get a trade), my 3rd choice is either Coleman in the 3rd or Latimer in the 4th. I like Latimer but it's really hard to turn down Colemans size

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Clemson 
    The early reports on Sammy Watkins from Clemson have been off the charts. Scouts are gushing how fluid and natural the receiver has been catching the ball. One source from the workout says its one of the best pro-days from a receiver he's ever witnessed. 

Martavis Bryant, on the other hand, has looked very robotic and has not practiced to the low 4.4 speed he ran to at the combine. 

Cornerback Bashaud Breeland timed 4.55s in the forty, an improvement from his combine performance. 

Texas A&M 
    One name that slipped through the crack at Texas A&M pro-day yesterday was running back Ben Malena. The smallish ball carrier ran in the high 4.4s then looked terrific in drills. I am told the New England Patriots, who are very high on Malena, took him to dinner on Tuesday evening

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they can't take him to dinner after a pro-day. Correct me if I'm wrong but there are rules against it.

Would be a nice UDFA option though and somewhat make up for letting Woodhead go and not backing up Vereen

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Clemson 

Texas A&M 
    One name that slipped through the crack at Texas A&M pro-day yesterday was running back Ben Malena. The smallish ball carrier ran in the high 4.4s then looked terrific in drills. I am told the New England Patriots, who are very high on Malena, took him to dinner on Tuesday evening. 

Taking a projected late round/URFA back to dinner?  Something doesn't seem right.

Looks likey they'll be taking him on Day 2, haha.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Below are (10) prospects that I think are underrated in this class... who are your underrated prospects?

1. OG Joel Bitonio- Nevada
    2. WR Cody Latimer- Indiana
    3. CB Rashaad Reynolds- Oregon State
    4. DL Ed Stinson- Alabama
    5. DT Brent Urban- Virginia
    6. WR Kain Colter- Northwestern
    7. OL John Urschel- Penn State
    8. CB Dexter McDougle- Maryland
    9. RB Alfred Blue- LSU
    10. TE/HB/FB Trey Burton- Florida

[/QUOTE]

In no particular order:

1. WR Cody Hoffman - favorite day 3 WR
    2. WR Alex Nuetz
    3. TE Joe Dun Duncan - favorite day 3 TE
    4. RB Henry Josey - my favorite day 3 RB
    5. DE Aaron Lynch - my favorite day 3 DE
    6. CB Walt Aikens
    7. QB Aaron Murray
    8. G/C Gabe Ikard
    9. OT Billy Turner
    10. T/G Justin Britt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Taking a projected late round/URFA back to dinner?  Something doesn't seem right.

Looks likey they'll be taking him on Day 2, haha.

[/QUOTE]

After T. Wilson I wouldn't joke about that in the off .0000001% chance BB actually does read the forums and says yeah we should

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

For what it's worth... McShay has NE selecting Hageman at #29 in his Mock 3.0... with Nix, Ealy and Tuitt still on the board.  He has Pryor off the board to STL at #13.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

For what it's worth... McShay has NE selecting Hageman at #29 in his Mock 3.0... with Nix, Ealy and Tuitt still on the board.  He has Pryor off the board to STL at #13.

Hageman over Ealy I can kind of see because BB loves Nink and Ealy really isn't an interior player but Ealy has more talent.

Hageman over Nix????? McShay is smoking something.

Hageman over Tuitt I can see. Hageman has higher talent but Tuitt is less of a boom or bust player though he needs to lose weight and I'd be concerned about him keeping it off after he ballooned post surgery. I'm also concerned about if Tuitt benefited a lot next to Nix. Think a lesser version of Brace to Raji

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hageman over Ealy I can kind of see because BB loves Nink and Ealy really isn't an interior player but Ealy has more talent.

Hageman over Nix????? McShay is smoking something.

Hageman over Tuitt I can see. Hageman has higher talent but Tuitt is less of a boom or bust player though he needs to lose weight and I'd be concerned about him keeping it off after he ballooned post surgery. I'm also concerned about if Tuitt benefited a lot next to Nix. Think a lesser version of Brace to Raji

[/QUOTE]

I would never put Tuitt in Brace's category.  Both Nix and Tuitt are supremely athletic and talented and capable of dominating on their own.

I can see Hageman over Ealy as well, though I think Ealy is a better player.

I also agree that Nix > Hageman... don't see them passing on him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

Donte Moncrief

Cody Latimer

Jordan Matthews

Martavis Bryant

Brandon Coleman

Cody Hoffman

[/QUOTE] They are all good choices in different offenses. Martavis Bryant would be my choice but BB's will be Brandon Coleman and I think they are going to switch him to the TE position if he can handle it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Good ole McShay smoking the crack i guess...

Hageman over Nix?

even over Tuitt?

please. I can see Hageman > Tuitt (barely)

but not at all passing on Nix. if he falls to 29 thats a slam dunk

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

I would never put Tuitt in Brace's category.  Both Nix and Tuitt are supremely athletic and talented and capable of dominating on their own.

I can see Hageman over Ealy as well, though I think Ealy is a better player.

I also agree that Nix > Hageman... don't see them passing on him.

[/QUOTE]

To a much lesser degree I mean. Not nearly in the same category but more like Nix is the better of the two and Tuitt might have benefited from that, so while you see his production and I'm sure he'd still be a good player it's hard to judge how he'd handle his own without Nix next to him

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

Clemson 

Texas A&M 

[/QUOTE]was Tebow with them?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Clemson 

Texas A&M 

[/QUOTE]was Tebow with them?

[/QUOTE]

I only report it. I was surprised when I looked at his back ground

Sections
Shortcuts