In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Pats7393's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What's their plan for the middle of that OL, I thought they would had brought someone in.  At OC I think someone who gets the protection calls right is key, I don't know they will give that too a Rook so would have to assume Connolly back at OC where I think he's a better fit.

If you put cannon at OG then there's not depth.  I know we are looking at DT and TE which we do but we need OG/OC play as bad as DT play.

[/QUOTE]

I'd bet that they feel confident that they can beef up the interior OL in the draft, and I'd agree with them on that.

[/QUOTE]

Only player I wanted them to offer on the OL is Alex Mac, but most likely the Browns with all their cap $$ would had been able to match or better NE's offer.

But thought they would bring in a vet type not to be forced in the draft to take a need rather than BPA

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just don't see them allocating much more $ to the interior of the OL, considering they're already paying Mankins well.  They've gotten by on mid/late round/URFA type OC's for a while and I'd expect them to stay on that route.

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Josh Kline and Chris Barker. They were on the 53 man roster.  Kline did well in his limited role.  Barker has decent size listed 6'3" 305 and can play OG or OC.  They kept them on the roster for a reason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

Louis Nix III not selected in Rd 1 of the latest SI Mock:

NE lands Ra'Shede Hageman at #29

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140318/2014-nfl-mock-draft-blake-bortles/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Louis Nix III not selected in Rd 1 of the latest SI Mock:

NE lands Ra'Shede Hageman at #29

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140318/2014-nfl-mock-draft-blake-bortles/

[/QUOTE]

concerns about the knee maybe and I've heard questions recently about his ability to handle dbl teams. Not sure I believe it myself by I can see the concern

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

^ I keep thinking maybe Ealy will make it to NE.  Kony Ealy would be an interesting way to go in the first. TE in the 2nd and DT in the 3rd or vice-a-versa.

The Nix rep is strange. Kid has all the intangibles.  It cannot be as bad as Jesse Williams last year.  That would be a crazy drop.  No way. San Diego only has Kwame Geathers and another NT.  I really think they would grab him, but who knows.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

If any of the QBs fall and are there at 29 and there's still plenty of options for BB to trade in 33 to 36, I got a feeling we'll be screaming at the TV day one.  Just got that feeling that with all the QBs having question marks around them and the depth of top 15 talent outside of any QB specially at LT some teams might decide to wait.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

If any of the QBs fall and are there at 29 and there's still plenty of options for BB to trade in 33 to 36, I got a feeling we'll be screaming at the TV day one.  Just got that feeling that with all the QBs having question marks around them and the depth of top 15 talent outside of any QB specially at LT some teams might decide to wait.

[/QUOTE]

If Minny or Jacksonville pass on a QB in Rd1, I think they are prime candidates to move back up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^ I keep thinking maybe Ealy will make it to NE.  Kony Ealy would be an interesting way to go in the first. TE in the 2nd and DT in the 3rd or vice-a-versa.

The Nix rep is strange. Kid has all the intangibles.  It cannot be as bad as Jesse Williams last year.  That would be a crazy drop.  No way. San Diego only has Kwame Geathers and another NT.  I really think they would grab him, but who knows.

[/QUOTE]
    jj, re
    "Kony Ealy would be an interesting way to go in the first. TE in the 2nd"

as i have had it (ealy / niklas)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

bridgewatrer looks to dorp on a lot of boards due to lacklauster pro day

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Under the topic of "Who can BB/NC/ML/GS draft to improve the passrush?"... he'd also qualify as a "Who the F is that?!?" as the BDC board melts down when he's drafted...

I'd find it hard to believe that they won't be extremely interested in GT OLB/DE Jeremiah Attaochu (6-3 252 / 33 inch arms).  A name that really hasn't been discussed much, if at all (at least I don't recall him being mentioned much if at all).

This kid is an absolute terror off the edge and oozes upside.  Excellent burt/snap anticipation, acked up frame with a solid lower half... looks the part and sounds it as well, very well spoken kid,  big time effort player, scheme versatile, experiences rushing out've a 2, 3 and 4 point stance, extremely productive and experienced.

On the negative side, he's a bit raw, can lack instincts and awareness and will need to develop better play strength.

Overall, he's a kid that could come in and impact as a situation pass rusher early, while the rest of his game catches up to his passrush ability.

Really, really like this kid within the Top 64 and love him in Rd 2.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Under the topic of "Who can BB/NC/ML/GS draft to improve the passrush?"... he'd also qualify as a "Who the F is that?!?" as the BDC board melts down when he's drafted...

I'd find it hard to believe that they won't be extremely interested in GT OLB/DE Jeremiah Attaochu (6-3 252 / 33 inch arms).  A name that really hasn't been discussed much, if at all (at least I don't recall him being mentioned much if at all).

This kid is an absolute terror off the edge and oozes upside.  Excellent burt/snap anticipation, acked up frame with a solid lower half... looks the part and sounds it as well, very well spoken kid,  big time effort player, scheme versatile, experiences rushing out've a 2, 3 and 4 point stance, extremely productive and experienced.

On the negative side, he's a bit raw, can lack instincts and awareness and will need to develop better play strength.

Overall, he's a kid that could come in and impact as a situation pass rusher early, while the rest of his game catches up to his passrush ability.

[/QUOTE]

i see 6th rated olb on drat scout and rated 2nd to 3rd round. havent seen him play but if we miss ealy in rd 1 and he can get to the qb....? for an olb, apparently hes unable to play in space and cover  "fish out of water"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

against walter football i got both my desired picks ealy and niklas. in rd 1 and 2 at our pick.

(ealy)  size, speed, swim, bend around the end, batts balls,  fluid athletic, can break and cover. if he makes it to 29 hes a no brainer for me hageman or no hageman there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

thanks for the shout mb and eng.                                                                                        any of ya'll tried the draft simulator? i went agaisnt the fans only so far. did 2 rounds only. took nix and niklas. wanted ealy in rd 1 he went 16. will go against teh pro sites another day. i we dont get a pass rusher in fa, thats what im looking for most. then the best te. dts, o line, cover lb, safety(best player alwasy an option but have to be outstanding to ignore need esp re first 2 positions).

peace

[/QUOTE]

against optimum scouting i got ealy, then daqaun jones (niklas gone). had to choose between jones and swanson. if we get  a good dt in fa maybe wouldve gone swanson if the tes i wanted were gone). will try one more against walter fb when get a chance.

[/QUOTE]

Can you paste the link for this draft simulator?

[/QUOTE]

sure mb,

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premium.php

enjoy

:)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

against walter football i got both my desired picks ealy and niklas. in rd 1 and 2 at our pick.

(ealy)  size, speed, swim, bend around the end, batts balls,  fluid athletic, can break and cover. if he makes it to 29 hes a no brainer for me hageman or no hageman there.

[/QUOTE]

C'mon man, why you so down on Hageman? Just joking.

i am an Ealy fan as well. I called this pick for the pats about a month ago, but I think Hageman has good size, strength and position flexibility bb covets. He can play almost anywhere on a 3 or 4 man line. He gets knocked for high pad level, sometimes effort, but I think some of this is technique that bb can correct. He may be a bit more raw than Ealy, but watching him take on 2 OL or just push guards back into qb's gets me excited. It would be a tough pick If both were still there at 29. For me it would depend on the rest of bb's draft strategy.the one thing we don't know is who will fall, still be there in future rounds. I think we need a DT. Yes, Ealy can play inside too at DT, but his 276lbs is vastly different from hagemans 315 or so. 

Tough call.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

C'mon man, why you so down on Hageman? Just joking.

i am an Ealy fan as well. I called this pick for the pats about a month ago, but I think Hageman has good size, strength and position flexibility bb covets. He can play almost anywhere on a 3 or 4 man line. He gets knocked for high pad level, sometimes effort, but I think some of this is technique that bb can correct. He may be a bit more raw than Ealy, but watching him take on 2 OL or just push guards back into qb's gets me excited. It would be a tough pick If both were still there at 29. For me it would depend on the rest of bb's draft strategy.the one thing we don't know is who will fall, still be there in future rounds. I think we need a DT. Yes, Ealy can play inside too at DT, but his 276lbs is vastly different from hagemans 315 or so. 

Tough call.

[/QUOTE]

"C'mon man, why you so down on Hageman? Just joking."

do-no man. just dotn like the name.

just funnin.

anyway i hear your points. good ones. i think a chance at a stud pass rusher if were not gona get allen, is the way to go. can pick up a dt in 3rd rd on and or fa. te in 2nd. i hope ealy is there. if not we go dt or bpa (if i was doin the pickin). 

have  a day!

:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Hearing the Giants are very seriously considering Ealy at 12.  A friend of a friend of a friend lol who is a Giants insider says they are extremely high on Ealy.  Someone to match with JPP at DE but also can kick inside on passing downs. 

Not how much of an insider he is but Ealy's star is on the rise and would make since for Giants needs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

2014 Pro Day Results: Monday, March 17, 1:40 p.m.
    By Tony Pauline, http://draftinsider.net/

.......Nikita Whitlock, who lined up at nose tackle for the Demon Deacons, stole the show. He measured 5096/251lbs, touched 33 inches in the vertical jump, timed 4.74s in the forty, 6.90s in the three cone and 11.67 in the 60-yd shuttle. Whitlock also pushed up 43 reps on the bench. His arm length was an 1/8-inch under 32, so that number represents a terrific mark. Afterward Whitlock worked out at both outside linebacker and fullback drills. I'm told he looked terrific catching the ball. Take note; three running back coaches have inquired about Whitlock the past 10 days and tomorrow the New England Patriots will be working him out. Historically, the Pats have had huge success taking college defensive linemen who don't measure up size wise then moving them to other positions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i see 6th rated olb on drat scout and rated 2nd to 3rd round. havent seen him play but if we miss ealy in rd 1 and he can get to the qb....? for an olb, apparently hes unable to play in space and cover  "fish out of water"

[/QUOTE]

I'd def urge you to watch his tape... big time edge rush ability/upside.

He's a 34 OLB or 43 end... the fish out of water comment was tied to him getting looks as a 43 OLB, which is a position he hasn't played and also plays away from his strengths.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Hearing the Giants are very seriously considering Ealy at 12.  A friend of a friend of a friend lol who is a Giants insider says they are extremely high on Ealy.  Someone to match with JPP at DE but also can kick inside on passing downs. 

Not how much of an insider he is but Ealy's star is on the rise and would make since for Giants needs. 

[/QUOTE]

Not surprising... his size, length and ability to rush the passer in even fronts is right in the NYG wheelhouse.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

.......Nikita Whitlock, who lined up at nose tackle for the Demon Deacons, stole the show. He measured 5096/251lbs, touched 33 inches in the vertical jump, timed 4.74s in the forty, 6.90s in the three cone and 11.67 in the 60-yd shuttle. Whitlock also pushed up 43 reps on the bench. His arm length was an 1/8-inch under 32, so that number represents a terrific mark. Afterward Whitlock worked out at both outside linebacker and fullback drills. I'm told he looked terrific catching the ball. Take note; three running back coaches have inquired about Whitlock the past 10 days and tomorrow the New England Patriots will be working him out. Historically, the Pats have had huge success taking college defensive linemen who don't measure up size wise then moving them to other positions.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, talk about a fire hydrant!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, talk about a fire hydrant!

[/QUOTE]UDFA material!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Looking at this draft I do not think BB should not draft a DT first round. I think all the other areas of the draft are strong. I acually would like if they move down. The DT class is very poor IMO unless that second stud falls to us which prob won't happen. It would be better to get one in the second or third round, I would go after Benjamin if he's there or a stud TE, Or also a hybrid linebacker i forget his name but the monster from boston college with the French name.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Therea re (5) Mocks on CBS Draftscout... 

(2) with NE landing Nix

(2) with NE landing Mosley

(1) with NE landing Shazier

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

[QUOTE]

(2) with NE landing Nix

[/QUOTE]

They should draft that blitz linebacker type first.. I would love Shaizer.. Kids a baller.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

With fletcher and spikes gone, I would not be surprised if bb added to his lb corps earlier than some may think. Yes, he needs to address DT/DE, but, with the LB vacancies and lockdown capability on the backend, I think the LBs will thrive big time this upcoming year. 

After Collins slow start but steady and upward progression as the season moved on, I think bb got a glimpse of what a really athletic lb can do for this defense. I don't remember anyone over the past 15 years or so playing for the pats at lb that is as gifted athletically as Collins. Just my 2 cents. 

Will bb double dip on the athletic LB by trading his first to pick up another second. With Fords injuries, I could easily see him slip into round 2,,, What happens if you could add both a nasty pass rush via. 4-3 DE and a 4-3 olb at the same time? A guy like Collins you could move all over the place. 

Dee Ford anyone? I haven't seem him mentioned much here, but I think he could be a real option in this defense. 6'2", 243, fast, athletic, a gifted pass rusher Especially if he slips due to his injury...we have seen bb take risks like this with other injured players...is dee ford a good buy in the 40 range? Any takers?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

(2) with NE landing Nix

[/QUOTE]

Well there goes or chance at Nix. You know BB won't draft anyone projected to us

Sections
Shortcuts