***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Therea re (5) Mocks on CBS Draftscout... 

(2) with NE landing Nix

(2) with NE landing Mosley

(1) with NE landing Shazier

[/QUOTE]

Well there goes or chance at Nix. You know BB won't draft anyone projected to us

[/QUOTE]

Haha, I hear ya.  With that said, I will call it, today 3/19... with pick #29 in the 2014, the New England Patriots select...

Jeremiah Attaochu, LB from Georgia Tech.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Therea re (5) Mocks on CBS Draftscout... 

(2) with NE landing Nix

(2) with NE landing Mosley

(1) with NE landing Shazier

[/QUOTE]

They should draft that blitz linebacker type first.. I would love Shaizer.. Kids a baller.

[/QUOTE]

Kid can def play and would provide them with a cover backer that can fly around the field, make plays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

thanks for the shout mb and eng.                                                                                        any of ya'll tried the draft simulator? i went agaisnt the fans only so far. did 2 rounds only. took nix and niklas. wanted ealy in rd 1 he went 16. will go against teh pro sites another day. i we dont get a pass rusher in fa, thats what im looking for most. then the best te. dts, o line, cover lb, safety(best player alwasy an option but have to be outstanding to ignore need esp re first 2 positions).

peace

[/QUOTE]

against optimum scouting i got ealy, then daqaun jones (niklas gone). had to choose between jones and swanson. if we get  a good dt in fa maybe wouldve gone swanson if the tes i wanted were gone). will try one more against walter fb when get a chance.

[/QUOTE]

Can you paste the link for this draft simulator?

[/QUOTE]

sure mb,

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premium.php

enjoy

:)

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, bruh!  They suckered me in and I paid the $4.95... pretty fun tool, thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

thanks for the shout mb and eng.                                                                                        any of ya'll tried the draft simulator? i went agaisnt the fans only so far. did 2 rounds only. took nix and niklas. wanted ealy in rd 1 he went 16. will go against teh pro sites another day. i we dont get a pass rusher in fa, thats what im looking for most. then the best te. dts, o line, cover lb, safety(best player alwasy an option but have to be outstanding to ignore need esp re first 2 positions).

peace

[/QUOTE]

against optimum scouting i got ealy, then daqaun jones (niklas gone). had to choose between jones and swanson. if we get  a good dt in fa maybe wouldve gone swanson if the tes i wanted were gone). will try one more against walter fb when get a chance.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sure mb,

enjoy

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, bruh!  They suckered me in and I paid the $4.95... pretty fun tool, thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Is it different from ESPN's (They made it an it an Insider thing a couple of years ago)?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

peace

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sure mb,

enjoy

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is it different from ESPN's (They made it an it an Insider thing a couple of years ago)?

[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know that ESPN had one!?  WTF is wrong with me! haha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

peace

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sure mb,

enjoy

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe they called it Draft Machine. I am not an Insider, so I stopped using it. I do mine now on  Excel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

One thing to note. The weakest positions in this draft are considered DT, C, and S oddly enough 3 positions the Pats would be looking for. It's kind of a little joke re every year but there is a little truth behind it that BB tends to draft into the weaker positions of the draft rather than into it's strengths. Esp, early on. So, this could be an interesting draft for those positions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

peace

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sure mb,

enjoy

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe they called it Draft Machine. I am not an Insider, so I stopped using it. I do mine now on  Excel.

[/QUOTE]

Just got this on the site that Bred recommended... I'd say it's a homerun draft (though I'd be pretty shocked if Tuitt was available at the end of Rd 2)... what do y'all think?

29   OLB  JEREMIAH ATTAOCHU GEORGIA TECH

62   DT  STEPHON TUITT NOTRE DAME

93   TE  C.J. FIEDOROWICZ IOWA

126   WR  DONTE MONCRIEF OLE MISS

182   RB  JEREMY HILL LSU

190   CHRIS WATT NOTRE DAME

221   DE  CASSIUS MARSH UCLA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

MB looks like you found a new toy!! Bred always comes up with something new.. I guess it depends on whether BB trades up or down in round 1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MB looks like you found a new toy!! Bred always comes up with something new.. I guess it depends on whether BB trades up or down in round 1.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my boss wouldn't be pleased, haha... this thing is addicting!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Just got this on the site that Bred recommended... I'd say it's a homerun draft (though I'd be pretty shocked if Tuitt was available at the end of Rd 2)... what do y'all think?

[/QUOTE]

ROFL this would be a dream come true, but I just don't see it happening. Tuitt in the 2nd, Fiedorowicz in the 3rd? Though it is possible both make it to those picks I just don't see it same with Moncreif in the 4th. To me all those players go half to a full round early then they have projected. Heck even Watt in the 6th? Talk about a dream draft

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

My Mock Draft for the pats!

Round 1 -Ryan Shazier - LB, Ohio State

Round 2- Deone Bucannon  -SS  Washington State

Round 3- C.J. Fiedeorowicz- TE Iowa

Round 4 - Kelcy Quarles - DT South Carolina (Ben Coates nephew)

Round 6 - Connor Shaw- QB South Carolina

Round 7 - Michael Schofield- OT Michigan

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ROFL this would be a dream come true, but I just don't see it happening. Tuitt in the 2nd, Fiedorowicz in the 3rd? Though it is possible both make it to those picks I just don't see it same with Moncreif in the 4th. To me all those players go half to a full round early then they have projected. Heck even Watt in the 6th? Talk about a dream draft

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it did seem a little too good to be true from a value standpoint... literally a homerun in every round, haha.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Round 6 - Brain Shaw - QB South Carolina

I'd be happy with the overall haul... fills some definite holes... also adds some athleticism and physicality to the D, while providing the O with another weapon.

Connor Shaw is undersized, but is competitive, protects the football and wins (though his D sure helps with that).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Round 6 - Brain Shaw - QB South Carolina

[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy with the overall haul... fills some definite holes... also adds some athleticism and physicality to the D, while providing the O with another weapon.

Connor Shaw is undersized, but is competitive, protects the football and wins (though his D sure helps with that).

[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I love Shaws will to win, Russell Wilson was short..And I think he might be taller than Drew Brees..I just remember the coach loving this kid and had the highest genuine praise for him After the bowl win. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ok so now that some of the smoke has cleared from the FA process I'm updating my mock. This time I'm also including trades and projected comp picks (I think I heard it now looks like we will get a 6th and that's it)

So for the trade I'm thinking Hou is mighty itchy with no QB and O'Brien likes Mallett so I'm going to go ahead and trade Mallett for their 3rd. Pretty straight up and fair trade for both sides.

ok to the draft:

1st - RaShede Hageman DT - It's between Tuitt and Hageman for me. I doubt Ealy will be there and I can't see BB using a 1st on another LB to put into a rotation so I'm going with the high ceiling of Watt player. He has everything BB praises Watt for he just need to get consistency.

Alt - Irish Chocolate Nix DT - if I thought he'd be here he'd be the pick but I'm not thinking he makes it here. However, just the chance he does makes me want to toss him in this slot.

2nd - CJ Fiedorowicz TE - He has all the intagiables BB loves, best 3 cone and 20 shuttle of the TE's, strong, huge hands, can block, and has soft hands. Not to mention Herns brother was his coach and there is no other reason BB would keep in contact with him unless there was a player they liked they could use him for

Alt - Niklas TE -For the 2nd pick in a row an Irish is the alt in Niklas. Very similar player to Gronk with a slightly lower ceiling. Better than a poor mans but not up to Gronk's level 

Hou's 3rd - Donte Moncreif WR - He's been labeled the next Thomas or Gordon and BB has already shown interest in the kid. He's big and fast which is a rare combination and we know the Pats are still looking to add to the WR core

Alt - Trent Murphy DE/OLB - He's a flex 4th LB/3rd DE that can play the rusher role but can spell people at either level without getting lost in the run game. Talk about a varsitile player BB likes with some good size to match.

3rd McCarron QB - There's your Mallett replacement

Alt - Antone Exum S - a hidden gem with talent a full round higher than in the back of the 3rd. Could be a very good pickup for the Pats and rotate with Harmon at the SS spot

4th - Dakota Dozier G - The hot name in DII OL right now and had an impressive east-west shrine has a chance to pull a Vollmer and be taken as a who that type of player. Played T in college but should fit at home as the RG. If they move Cannon to starting RG he takes Cannons place as the Swing G/T

Alt - Aaron Murray QB - If they don't get McCarron

6th - James Morris LB/SS - I'm thinking they can grab Morris and convert him to SS as well as using him as a 4th LB at times.

Alt - Aaron Lynch DE - 3rd sub rusher

comp 6th - Henry Joseph RB - Super productive RB in college similar in size and speed to Sproles is a little wrecking ball that has a couple extra gears when he sees the pocket

Alt - Joe Don Duncan TE - Oh yeah the steal of the draft but most likely will disappear in the 5th. I wish we had a 5th round pick for this guy

7th - Zach Fulton G - 3 year starting RG for Tenn that BB appears impressed with their line

Alt - Alex Bullard G/C - Tenn's LG who might be able to move to C eventually

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it did seem a little too good to be true from a value standpoint... literally a homerun in every round, haha.

[/QUOTE]

This is what I like to call, someone who knows about draft picks playing mock draft with people who have no clue who the players are  Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Nice work PatsEng very very solid draft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Ok so now that some of the smoke has cleared from the FA process I'm updating my mock. This time I'm also including trades and projected comp picks (I think I heard it now looks like we will get a 6th and that's it)

So for the trade I'm thinking Hou is mighty itchy with no QB and O'Brien likes Mallett so I'm going to go ahead and trade Mallett for their 3rd. Pretty straight up and fair trade for both sides.

ok to the draft:

1st - RaShede Hageman DT - It's between Tuitt and Hageman for me. I doubt Ealy will be there and I can't see BB using a 1st on another LB to put into a rotation so I'm going with the high ceiling of Watt player. He has everything BB praises Watt for he just need to get consistency.

Alt - Irish Chocolate Nix DT - if I thought he'd be here he'd be the pick but I'm not thinking he makes it here. However, just the chance he does makes me want to toss him in this slot.

2nd - CJ Fiedorowicz TE - He has all the intagiables BB loves, best 3 cone and 20 shuttle of the TE's, strong, huge hands, can block, and has soft hands. Not to mention Herns brother was his coach and there is no other reason BB would keep in contact with him unless there was a player they liked they could use him for

Alt - Niklas TE -For the 2nd pick in a row an Irish is the alt in Niklas. Very similar player to Gronk with a slightly lower ceiling. Better than a poor mans but not up to Gronk's level 

Hou's 3rd - Donte Moncreif WR - He's been labeled the next Thomas or Gordon and BB has already shown interest in the kid. He's big and fast which is a rare combination and we know the Pats are still looking to add to the WR core

Alt - Trent Murphy DE/OLB - He's a flex 4th LB/3rd DE that can play the rusher role but can spell people at either level without getting lost in the run game. Talk about a varsitile player BB likes with some good size to match.

Alt - Antone Exum S - a hidden gem with talent a full round higher than in the back of the 3rd. Could be a very good pickup for the Pats and rotate with Harmon at the SS spot

4th - Dakota Dozier G - The hot name in DII OL right now and had an impressive east-west shrine has a chance to pull a Vollmer and be taken as a who that type of player. Played T in college but should fit at home as the RG. If they move Cannon to starting RG he takes Cannons place as the Swing G/T

6th - James Morris LB/SS - I'm thinking they can grab Morris and convert him to SS as well as using him as a 4th LB at times.

comp 6th - Henry Joseph RB - Super productive RB in college similar in size and speed to Sproles is a little wrecking ball that has a couple extra gears when he sees the pocket

Alt - Joe Don Duncan TE - Oh yeah the steal of the draft but most likely will disappear in the 5th. I wish we had a 5th round pick for this guy

7th - Zach Fulton G - 3 year starting RG for Tenn that BB appears impressed with their line

[/QUOTE]

I'd prob flip-flop Murphy and CJ, but I think it's a very, very good haul overall.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is what I like to call, someone who knows about draft picks playing mock draft with people who have no clue who the players are  Smile

[/QUOTE]

Haha, like the proverbial taking candy from a baby ;)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

peace

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sure mb,

enjoy

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

right on man! :)

definitley fun.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you guys may have all missed it. you pick who to darft against including walter football (whom everyone around here should know as one of many legit sources).   and a fun toy regardless who you draft against.  :) peace

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ok to the draft:

[/QUOTE]

I'd prob flip-flop Murphy and CJ, but I think it's a very, very good haul overall.

[/QUOTE]

like it give me ealy first though. like mccarron (and murray) as i mentined last year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With fletcher and spikes gone, I would not be surprised if bb added to his lb corps earlier than some may think. Yes, he needs to address DT/DE, but, with the LB vacancies and lockdown capability on the backend, I think the LBs will thrive big time this upcoming year. 

After Collins slow start but steady and upward progression as the season moved on, I think bb got a glimpse of what a really athletic lb can do for this defense. I don't remember anyone over the past 15 years or so playing for the pats at lb that is as gifted athletically as Collins. Just my 2 cents. 

Will bb double dip on the athletic LB by trading his first to pick up another second. With Fords injuries, I could easily see him slip into round 2,,, What happens if you could add both a nasty pass rush via. 4-3 DE and a 4-3 olb at the same time? A guy like Collins you could move all over the place. 

Dee Ford anyone? I haven't seem him mentioned much here, but I think he could be a real option in this defense. 6'2", 243, fast, athletic, a gifted pass rusher Especially if he slips due to his injury...we have seen bb take risks like this with other injured players...is dee ford a good buy in the 40 range? Any takers?

[/QUOTE]

like ford been seeing him gone early for months in mocks

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Am I the only one not getting too excited about RaShede Hageman? From what I've seen this guy is going to get pushed around against the run, and I also wonder if his strength (pass rushing) would be negated against a good guard in the NFL.

I honestly don't think this guy would be anything but a late second - mid third selection if the defensive tackle position was better. I guess you could consider him a poor man's Daryl Gardner, but Gardner was more powerful. I even think the kid from the Seminoles get's tossed around a little too much in the running game and he's suppossed to be a top 20 pick. Is this the worst DT draft in the last 5 years? Or is it just me?