***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On Tuitt

http://www.chatsports.com/new-england-patriots/a/New-England-Patriots-2014-NFL-Draft-Prospects-Notre-Dame-DL-Stephon-Tuitt-is-a-athletic-freak-of-nature-just-bigger-2-9527496

I like this guy more and more the closer we get to draft day.

[/QUOTE]

Good stuff... and with all the talk about how BB won't draft who everyone's been mockin to NE, outside of this board, I haven't seen, or at least don't recall many mocks that have Tuitt to NE, which is surprising to me, based on his size, length, versatility and the fact that he's a prototype BB DL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

So did we decide who NE was taking in your mock from yesterday?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like this guy in the 3rd (trading up a little bit) maybe 2nd

Deone Bucannon Scouting Report 
    By Charlie Campbell 

Strengths:

• Hard hitter
    • Tackling ability
    • Run defense
    • Physical presence
    • Can separate the ball from the receiver
    • Showed improved ball skills throughout his career
    • Experienced
    • Durable
    • Quickness
    • Ready to compete quickly
    • Productive
    • Experienced
    • Special teams ability
    •  
    • Weaknesses:
    • More of a strong safety
    • Lacks range to be a free safety
    • Could be a liability in pass coverage
    • Can take false steps
    • Can he cover tight ends, slot receivers?
    • Stiff, could struggle to turn and run with receivers
    • Overly aggressive, penalties

[/QUOTE]

Huge Bucannon fan, def Top 75 player, IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to minnypat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I live in fear that BB will blow our minds again and use 29 on someone like Storm Johnson or Prince Shembo, someone none of us saw. He loves to validate his genius that way.

[/QUOTE]

Haha, BB may blow minds in Rd 1, but it will at least be a player that belongs in Rd 1... Day 2, that's a different discussion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So with the recent pick up of Fitz by Hou and Oak trading for Hou's old QB it's looking increasing more realistic that we are holding on to Mallett for another year. If true, would you guys still be interested in a Murray or McCarron? With our current holes I'm not sure I'd use a 3rd or 4th on either right now unless Mallett wasn't on the team so I started looking at potential 2015 QB's and here's what I came up with:

J.W. Walsh Ok S - a smaller QB in the mold of Brees with some scrambling potential but his main attibrute is he's smart with the football showing a high completion % and a low int %

Travis Wilson Utah - one of the biggest QB's in the draft has a pretty good completion % , does an alright job limiting turn overs. His main attibrute is he's tough to bring down

Jeff Driskel Florida - another big QB though not quite as tall as Wilson, he makes a lot of plays on his feet and is a dual threat scrambling QB. Not a great pocket passer but is accurate enough. Needs to make better decisions when to run and when to throw but he's a bigger version of RGIII and might end up being a top 10 QB next year but right now is a day 2 grade. His best attribute is his scrambling ability

Kevin Hogan Stanford - Smart, accurate, with a very strong arm. He's the prototypical pocket passer you think of. His best attribute is his game smarts and accuracy.

All these guys should fall into the top 50 range next year so if they decide to take a Rodgers approach next year they have some very good options.

[/QUOTE]

I'm still interested in both, yes... the tricky part is it all depends on who's also available.

Let's say McCarron is there in Rd 3... Moncrief or Latimer are there as well... I think you have a tough decision on your hands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Havent had the chance to go back in computer to finish but Im fully sold on Tuitt over hage.  Just think eith the win now moves bb is doing having the more sure Tuiit than the higher upside hageman makes more sence.

Also although he is better around the 310lbs Tuitt has played at 325lbs he is to versitle not to imo love the pick

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

By Charlie Campbell 

Strengths:

• Hard hitter
    • Tackling ability
    • Run defense
    • Physical presence
    • Experienced
    • Durable
    • Quickness
    • Productive
    • Experienced
    • Special teams ability
    •  
    • Weaknesses:
    • Can take false steps

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let me find where saw it but Bucannon was mentioned as a fast riser and a safety needy team could even reach in late 1st.  Agree with you on him drafted but he might b gone

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

By Charlie Campbell 

Strengths:

• Hard hitter
    • Tackling ability
    • Run defense
    • Physical presence
    • Experienced
    • Durable
    • Quickness
    • Productive
    • Experienced
    • Special teams ability
    •  
    • Weaknesses:
    • Can take false steps

[/QUOTE]

Let me find where saw it but Bucannon was mentioned as a fast riser and a safety needy team could even reach in late 1st.  Agree with you on him drafted but he might b gone

[/QUOTE]

I'd agree... if I needed to bet my house on it, I think he's off the board at some point in Rd 2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Havent had the chance to go back in computer to finish but Im fully sold on Tuitt over hage.  Just think eith the win now moves bb is doing having the more sure Tuiit than the higher upside hageman makes more sence.

Also although he is better around the 310lbs Tuitt has played at 325lbs he is to versitle not to imo love the pick

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't get a complaint from me!

Believe he's down to 305, which was his target weight... he's a better player in that 305-310 range.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't get a complaint from me!

Believe he's down to 305, which was his target weight... he's a better player in that 305-310 range.

[/QUOTE]

I don't want to do it but I'm narrowing down to just a couple of guys with Tuitt becoming my favorite the more I read.  With him what you see is what you get, will improve with better technic ect but he's close to top level for him which is fine IMO.  He's a you can plug and not worry about and maybe a probowl or two when its said and done.  In a 43 if he plays at that weight I'm good with that because he's tough to move off the spot. 

He also gives BB more flexibility on which front he plays.  K hate really liking one player because BB has never drafted that player lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Seriously, has anyone ever nailed a BB draft in rd 1 or any rd for that matter?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, a trade lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rd 1, I had Hightower as a Rd 1 option on my posted board and mock in 2012 ... but as a whole this thread does a pretty good job of identifying, fairly early on, plays that BB will be interested in and he ultimately drafts some of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, a trade lol

[/QUOTE]

Haha, that too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I defer to your superior knowledge, gents.  I quite frankly have never been able to get there from here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I defer to your superior knowledge, gents.  I quite frankly have never been able to get there from here.

If you're looking for a name that I feel is a realistic option in Rd 1, that no one is really talking about, keep an eye on GT OLB/DE Jeremiah Attaochu... this thread is probably sick of me mentioning him... but he's an extremely disruptive pass rusher with a lot of upside and it'd be great to see them add talent and depth to the edge to keep players fresher, continue to rotate in fresh bodies, similar to what Seattle is able to do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

What you think on Trent Murphy, has been compared on CBSsports and other sites to Jarred Allen when Allen was coming out of college and the similar projection they received.

If he turns into 80% of what Allen did, that's still a pretty damn good player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

By Charlie Campbell 

Strengths:

• Hard hitter
    • Tackling ability
    • Run defense
    • Physical presence
    • Experienced
    • Durable
    • Quickness
    • Productive
    • Experienced
    • Special teams ability
    •  
    • Weaknesses:
    • Can take false steps

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK, I gotta go "Wazzu Homer" on you guys for a minute.  I've seen Bucannon play live 12+ times, and he is for my money on an equal playing field as a hard-hitting SS as Pryor.  Now don't get me wrong, Pryor is the superior player because his all around coverage skills are much better than Bucannon's, but if you want an intemidating, in-the-box, hard-hitting presence on our defense, Bucannon is that guy.  His instincts are very good, and he attacks the ball with a ferocisness that can't be taught.  He isn't a terrific coverage safety, but he does have pretty good ball-flight insticts and improved that part of his game during the 2013 season.  I think he could fill a huge void in our defense, and although I do think that the first round is too early for him, it wouldn't shock me if a team reaches for him there.  I wouldn't put it past BB, if he thinks he can play to his strengths and limit his deep coverage responsibilities.  I don't want to make him sound like he can't cover at all, because he does run a 4.5, but no one is mistaking him for an elite center-fielder.  I think he is a sleeper to come off the board late first, and a near lock to be gone by the end of the 2nd.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

By Charlie Campbell 

Strengths:

• Hard hitter
    • Tackling ability
    • Run defense
    • Physical presence
    • Experienced
    • Durable
    • Quickness
    • Productive
    • Experienced
    • Special teams ability
    •  
    • Weaknesses:
    • Can take false steps

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK, I gotta go "Wazzu Homer" on you guys for a minute.  I've seen Bucannon play live 12+ times, and he is for my money on an equal playing field as a hard-hitting SS as Pryor.  Now don't get me wrong, Pryor is the superior player because his all around coverage skills are much better than Bucannon's, but if you want an intemidating, in-the-box, hard-hitting presence on our defense, Bucannon is that guy.  His instincts are very good, and he attacks the ball with a ferocisness that can't be taught.  He isn't a terrific coverage safety, but he does have pretty good ball-flight insticts and improved that part of his game during the 2013 season.  I think he could fill a huge void in our defense, and although I do think that the first round is too early for him, it wouldn't shock me if a team reaches for him there.  I wouldn't put it past BB, if he thinks he can play to his strengths and limit his deep coverage responsibilities.  I don't want to make him sound like he can't cover at all, because he does run a 4.5, but no one is mistaking him for an elite center-fielder.  I think he is a sleeper to come off the board late first, and a near lock to be gone by the end of the 2nd.  

[/QUOTE]

Def agree with this, kid brings the pain for sure.

Thanks for the feedback as well, agree with your assessment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

By Charlie Campbell 

Strengths:

• Hard hitter
    • Tackling ability
    • Run defense
    • Physical presence
    • Experienced
    • Durable
    • Quickness
    • Productive
    • Experienced
    • Special teams ability
    •  
    • Weaknesses:
    • Can take false steps

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Always like seeing this type of report from guys who have seen a lot of a player.  Matches up with what I've been reading on him.  

BB has said in first and for the most part you want guys who are 4 down players.  In the type of D Pats will probably will be playing with the CBs I think Buccannan can be a 4 down guy because of the scheme.  

I wouldn't be shocked with him going 28 to 40 range.  Kam Chancellor better player but has similar tag better enforcer than cover S, copy cat league great corners intimidating S head hunter.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

By Charlie Campbell 

Strengths:

• Hard hitter
    • Tackling ability
    • Run defense
    • Physical presence
    • Experienced
    • Durable
    • Quickness
    • Productive
    • Experienced
    • Special teams ability
    •  
    • Weaknesses:
    • Can take false steps

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Always like seeing this type of report from guys who have seen a lot of a player.  Matches up with what I've been reading on him.  

BB has said in first and for the most part you want guys who are 4 down players.  In the type of D Pats will probably will be playing with the CBs I think Buccannan can be a 4 down guy because of the scheme.  

I wouldn't be shocked with him going 28 to 40 range.  Kam Chancellor better player but has similar tag better enforcer than cover S, copy cat league great corners intimidating S head hunter.  

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Chancellor's performance in the SB really helped Bucannon's stock.  He should probably send him a Thank You card.  If you have a capable FS who can cover the deep-middle effectively, and good coverage CBs outside, then a guy like Bucannon/Chancellor can really be effective and aggressive.  Seattle obviously has those pieces (Earl Thomas/Sherman/Maxwell), and I think we do too in Revis, McCourty, Browner/Dennard/Ryan.  I'd love to get Bucannon somewhere in the 2nd (Trade back?)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

By Charlie Campbell 

Strengths:

• Hard hitter
    • Tackling ability
    • Run defense
    • Physical presence
    • Experienced
    • Durable
    • Quickness
    • Productive
    • Experienced
    • Special teams ability
    •  
    • Weaknesses:
    • Can take false steps

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would be a fun secondary to watch... DMC is instinctive and a solid tackler... then you toss in two very good press CB's and a hammer down in the box and wow...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would be a fun secondary to watch... DMC is instinctive and a solid tackler... then you toss in two very good press CB's and a hammer down in the box and wow...

[/QUOTE]

And IMO what makes it possible is their ability to cover TEs with Collins, free up that S to attack the LOS, blitz, knock out a receiver in the middle.  Sure be fun to watch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Typical highlight video here, but this one shows a bit of Bucannon's coverage ability.  A few of his big hits in here, too.  There are too many of those to show in a 3 minute video.  Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA7_3Yv8FEE

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Typical highlight video here, but this one shows a bit of Bucannon's coverage ability.  A few of his big hits in here, too.  There are too many of those to show in a 3 minute video.  Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA7_3Yv8FEE

[/QUOTE]

LOL that just got me pumped, and pretty impressive the catch over his shoulder in the end zone and how fast he closed the gap to make that play.  

Yeap wouldn't mind one bit a player like that, pair with DM and Harmon that's a nice rotation.