21 7th-UDFA players this year. Who do you think sticks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: 21 7th-UDFA players this year. Who do you think sticks?

In response to dfitzp's comment:

I think Moe makes 53 man roster and surprises many people. He had a great sophmore season with Blaine Gabbert as QB. After Gabbert left they went to a run oriented offense, and his numbers slipped. But he is a workout warrior and extremely hard nosed football player. This guy may prove to be a steal.

Another guy I'm going to keep my eye on is UDFA Dewayne Cherrington Missippi State DT. He came from junior college and played only 2 yrs at Missippi State. Last year he backed up Fletcher Cox. He is 6'2" 345lb  he is very strong, 36 reps at pro day. He had great games against Alabama and LSU. He also said he patterns his game after Vince Wilfork. I know it's a long shot but maybe we could land Vince's replacement as an UDFA.

Yeah this kid Cherrington is absolutely huge. He kind of reminds me of this defensive tackle that used to play for Green Bay 15 years ago...can't remember his name. I don't know if he'll make it, but I'd love to see it, we need someone to back up Vince.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Reading thread after thread praising Moe and in this thread just about everybody has him making the PS at the very least, I gotta say, if he's that good (and I hope he is) why didn't BB take him in the 7th round rather than risking some other team swooping in to grab him?  I realize he took guys on the D side of the ball in the 7th round, but don't you think it's quite possible that BB doesn't have him rated as highly as the fans on this board?

Probably because he liked Boyce and Dobson better and he has a roster to fill.

Despite the silly saying BPA that was coinage around this board, teams draft directly to need. NE needed WRs ... bad .... they took two and signed two UDFAs.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think Moe makes 53 man roster and surprises many people. He had a great sophmore season with Blaine Gabbert as QB. After Gabbert left they went to a run oriented offense, and his numbers slipped. But he is a workout warrior and extremely hard nosed football player. This guy may prove to be a steal.

Another guy I'm going to keep my eye on is UDFA Dewayne Cherrington Missippi State DT. He came from junior college and played only 2 yrs at Missippi State. Last year he backed up Fletcher Cox. He is 6'2" 345lb  he is very strong, 36 reps at pro day. He had great games against Alabama and LSU. He also said he patterns his game after Vince Wilfork. I know it's a long shot but maybe we could land Vince's replacement as an UDFA.

Yeah this kid Cherrington is absolutely huge. He kind of reminds me of this defensive tackle that used to play for Green Bay 15 years ago...can't remember his name. I don't know if he'll make it, but I'd love to see it, we need someone to back up Vince.

You're prob thinking of Gilbert Brown.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

On Edelman - he was taking snaps from WW at the start of the year last year so do not sell him short as a receiver. IF he stays healthy and IF Amendola ends up spoending more of his time wide, Edelman could put up pretty big numbers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

You're prob thinking of Gilbert Brown.

You got it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

On Edelman - he was taking snaps from WW at the start of the year last year so do not sell him short as a receiver. IF he stays healthy and IF Amendola ends up spoending more of his time wide, Edelman could put up pretty big numbers.

Truthfully I'm not really concerned with the wideout situation - yeah it may be in flux next year for a bit - but with the tight ends we have, plus the additions to the team through free agency and the draft...I think it will be fine. Brady can make an average player look good when he has to, if these guys are anything more than average he will make them stars.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think there is great camp competition almost at every position less QB...at least the starting one anyway.

i think the wr's that make the 53 are; amendola, Dobson, Edelman, Boyce, moe, slater. 

Of the UDFAs, I like moe to make the 53, and a possible long shot in Buchanan, cherrington and beauhanis. Personally I think Buchanan has bigger upside than Cunningham, cherrington more than love, and beauhanis an upgrade over tarpinian, maybe fletcher depending on how he comes back from the injury. I could see 4 of this kids possibly making the 53, which may be unprecedented...

plus on Cunningham, he has played both inside and end, but I think could be replaced inside by armstead, and outside by any number of players.

i have watched cherrington play a bit, and I think he is one strong mountain of meat. He won't be pushed around like love, I think from the limited amount of what I have seen, he is a strong run defender. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

LOL. At any rate, this is a depressing conversation. This group is so thin and full of question marks, and coming into the offseason, many were hoping for concrete improvements over what they had the last few seasons. 

At least, though, the question marks are young question marks rather than last year's old ones like Gaffney, Stallworth, and Branch. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Just watched some Buchanan youtube from 2011. He looked like a 1st round pick.

I then watched Buchanan from 2012 and he looked like a stiff, literally.

If BB can get the Buchanan from 2011, we have a playmaker. Otherwise, he won't make the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

If BB can get the Buchanan from 2011, we have a playmaker. Otherwise, he won't make the team.

I didn't think he was all that bad in some of the 2012 stuff I watched, I mean yeah he dropped off, but I could still see the talent. I'll tell you what...three years ago we drafted Markell Carter...Buchanan is ten times more talented than that guy (and I'm being nice to Markell here). I think all this Buchanan guy needs to do is have a good camp and at the very least he will get picked up by someone else and play next year. As it stands right now there are a few guys this kid has a chance to beat out..Cunningham (who I think is as good as gone), Francis, Burquette and maybe Fletcher.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Moe makes the team over Edelman.

I also think that Buchanan and Beauharnais make the 53 man roster.

Of the rest, I think Vellano and Grissom could contribute at some point, but at the very least make the PS... same with Sudfeld, Cherrington and one or two of the OL and DB's.

MB i am all in on Moe making this team and also aggree that Miss State Cherrington has a strong shot.  BB likes real BIG men in the middle, recall Washington of some years past and recently departed Ron Brace - now with Shanny and Skins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Agreed on Cunningham. If he makes this team, it's bad news.

But remember there's a reason Buchanan fell to the 7th.

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

I didn't think he was all that bad in some of the 2012 stuff I watched, I mean yeah he dropped off, but I could still see the talent. I'll tell you what...three years ago we drafted Markell Carter...Buchanan is ten times more talented than that guy (and I'm being nice to Markell here). I think all this Buchanan guy needs to do is have a good camp and at the very least he will get picked up by someone else and play next year. As it stands right now there are a few guys this kid has a chance to beat out..Cunningham (who I think is as good as gone), Francis, Burquette and maybe Fletcher.

Sections
Shortcuts