Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

21 7th-UDFA players this year. Who do you think sticks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: 21 7th-UDFA players this year. Who do you think sticks?

In response to zbellino's comment:

LOL. At any rate, this is a depressing conversation. This group is so thin and full of question marks, and coming into the offseason, many were hoping for concrete improvements over what they had the last few seasons. 

At least, though, the question marks are young question marks rather than last year's old ones like Gaffney, Stallworth, and Branch. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Just watched some Buchanan youtube from 2011. He looked like a 1st round pick.

I then watched Buchanan from 2012 and he looked like a stiff, literally.

If BB can get the Buchanan from 2011, we have a playmaker. Otherwise, he won't make the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

If BB can get the Buchanan from 2011, we have a playmaker. Otherwise, he won't make the team.

I didn't think he was all that bad in some of the 2012 stuff I watched, I mean yeah he dropped off, but I could still see the talent. I'll tell you what...three years ago we drafted Markell Carter...Buchanan is ten times more talented than that guy (and I'm being nice to Markell here). I think all this Buchanan guy needs to do is have a good camp and at the very least he will get picked up by someone else and play next year. As it stands right now there are a few guys this kid has a chance to beat out..Cunningham (who I think is as good as gone), Francis, Burquette and maybe Fletcher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Moe makes the team over Edelman.

I also think that Buchanan and Beauharnais make the 53 man roster.

Of the rest, I think Vellano and Grissom could contribute at some point, but at the very least make the PS... same with Sudfeld, Cherrington and one or two of the OL and DB's.

MB i am all in on Moe making this team and also aggree that Miss State Cherrington has a strong shot.  BB likes real BIG men in the middle, recall Washington of some years past and recently departed Ron Brace - now with Shanny and Skins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Agreed on Cunningham. If he makes this team, it's bad news.

But remember there's a reason Buchanan fell to the 7th.

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

I didn't think he was all that bad in some of the 2012 stuff I watched, I mean yeah he dropped off, but I could still see the talent. I'll tell you what...three years ago we drafted Markell Carter...Buchanan is ten times more talented than that guy (and I'm being nice to Markell here). I think all this Buchanan guy needs to do is have a good camp and at the very least he will get picked up by someone else and play next year. As it stands right now there are a few guys this kid has a chance to beat out..Cunningham (who I think is as good as gone), Francis, Burquette and maybe Fletcher.

Sections
Shortcuts