25 Missed Tackles, 159 yards after contact Yesterday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

25 Missed Tackles, 159 yards after contact Yesterday

nink and mccourty both had 4 missed.

481 total yards.

and only 2 contact practice dasy left this year to practice tacklin'

brady nullified because oiur de makes other qbs perform like a brady.

thank goodness for the refereree calls, the fumbles, the gift int right to mccourty and the win.

please overhaul the scehm bb. 

give the secondary a chance

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: 25 Missed Tackles, 159 yards after contact Yesterday

Well I'm not surprised Nink missed four tackles, he's just not fast or athletic enough to make those tough tackles. I saw him miss one on the edge and I saw him get blasted off the line a few times. I think I saw him miss on Spiller, but everyone does that. The thing I really find disturbing is that he doesn't jam anyone - running backs, tightends..he barely gets a hand on them. That shouldn't happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

nink and mccourty both had 4 missed.

481 total yards.

and only 2 contact practice dasy left this year to practice tacklin'

brady nullified because oiur de makes other qbs perform like a brady.

thank goodness for the refereree calls, the fumbles, the gift int right to mccourty and the win.

please overhaul the scehm bb. 

give the secondary a chance

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound like scheme, sounds like bad tackling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

We lead the league in lowest yards allowed after contact.

This forum is embarrassing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But, lead the league in allowing the most yards BEFORE contact?  Lots of pass plays that go deep before any defender is in the same zip code as the receiver.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Where'd you get that stat?

That being said, it is an absolutely horrific stat.

Good defenses aren't built off getting turnovers, it isn't about getting four sacks a game on the QB.

You tackle well, you're going to be a good defense.

I'm honestly surprised as how many poor tackling teams there are in the league? Isn't this the easiest thing to learn on defense?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well that would prove that this stat is completely meaningless unless you also believe, like some here, that the Pats have one of the best defenses in the NFL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well that would prove that this stat is completely meaningless unless you also believe, like some here, that the Pats have one of the best defenses in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

Yards allowed after contact is a a direct result of great tackling. If you don't think this is an important stat then there is no point continuing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

You mean like one here. I still believe the Pats have one of the best teams in the NFL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well that would prove that this stat is completely meaningless unless you also believe, like some here, that the Pats have one of the best defensesin the NFL.

You mean like one here. I still believe the Pats have one of the best teamsin the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I mean you. If you think the Pats have one of the best defenses in the NFL then petition the NFL into getting rid of those other stats that do not make the Pats defense look good and replace it with this one. Then everyone can say look. The Pats have the best defense in the NFL. I do not care that we give up 50 yard TD passes to lose games to rookie QB's because look we lead the league in lowest yards after contact. Hooray team! (By the way, the person claiming the above has a bad history of proving his stats so be careful believing it. He says the Pats are rushing less ypc this year than last year).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where did you get that stat? I would like to see the raw numbers of the whole league. Does it take into account guys competely whiffing on tackles (when Arrington doesn't touch a guy at all the is not contact to count). Does it account for the fact that the Patriots have allowed the most long TD passes in the NFL (there are no more yards to be gained once you are in the end zone).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You mean like one here. I still believe the Pats have one of the best teamsin the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

I do not disagree with the idea that the Patriots have one of the best teams in the NFL, but how big is that group. They are tied with 5 other teams for the 6th best record in the league. So they are certainly in the top ten...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where did you get that stat? I would like to see the raw numbers of the whole league. Does it take into account guys competely whiffing on tackles (when Arrington doesn't touch a guy at all the is not contact to count). Does it account for the fact that the Patriots have allowed the most long TD passes in the NFL (there are no more yards to be gained once you are in the end zone).

[/QUOTE]

"(there are no more yards to be gained once you are in the end zone)."

priceless

frnk, 

you have given me laughs tonight that have made my day.

ive read a couple of your posts just now and ive been laughing since

:)

thanks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Can't stand behind TC and Wozzy on too many issues anymore. Aside from the constant sarcasm, they cherry pick stats from 10 years ago to help their argument and lash out if someone posts a stat showing how poorly the team played. Please explain how their rushing game stats from 2003 is more important than their missed tackles stats from their most recent game this season? 25 missed tackles in a single game is an abomination regardless of how well they have tackled this season. If it happened against Buffalo it couldhappen again in the playoffs, hence the concern from some fans.

If Tom Brady and the offense went out and turned the ball over 4 times (despite leading the AFC in fewest turnovers) would you idly sit by and watch or would you criticize them? I certainly wouldn't give them a pass because they've been good in other games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yards allowed after contact is a a direct result of great tackling. If you don't think this is an important stat then there is no point continuing

[/QUOTE]

Huh?  can u read this and then post again..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Lets write off this last game as:

rust and lethargy coming off the bye week.

weirdly officiated contest resulting in disrupted flow and lazy playcalling on both sides of the ball.

the occasional "stinker" but hey we still won.

better than jints or jets...

see, lots to feel good about.  lets just hope they go back to a more successful defensive backfield of MCC, Wilson at safety and we should be all right.

bring on the Indy tanksters...  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I agree. Having McCourty AND Gregory back there is too soft IMO. I mean they are both converted Cbs so they dont strike Fear into anyone and thats why I would pair the bigger Wilson with either Gregory or McCourty but they both cant play back their cuz its wussifies our back end and lets WRS run free in the secondary because they arent scared to get hit. I mean Gregory DOES try to lay the wood but he is too small. Looks like we have 4 CBS out there in base package. No wonder Fitzy was looking for his big TE all day and the Rbs had a field day. YOU need an Enforcer back there and unfortunately Wilson is the best player we have to do that.. and even HE is a converted Cb.  Jeeesh Bill you think you could get us some REAL safeties next year??  It may be a passing league, but you cant play with 4 Cbs and expect to intimidate anyone and its no surprise that Wrs just run free thru the secondary and catch balls over the middle with no fear. LAndry would have helped with this and also can cover better than any of our safeties now..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree. Having McCourty AND Gregory back there is too soft IMO. I mean they are both converted Cbs so they dont strike Fear into anyone and thats why I would pair the bigger Wilson with either Gregory or McCourty but they both cant play back their cuz its wussifies our back end and lets WRS run free in the secondary because they arent scared to get hit. I mean Gregory DOES try to lay the wood but he is too small. Looks like we have 4 CBS out there in base package. No wonder Fitzy was looking for his big TE all day and the Rbs had a field day. YOU need an Enforcer back there and unfortunately Wilson is the best player we have to do that.. and even HE is a converted Cb.  Jeeesh Bill you think you could get us some REAL safeties next year??  It may be a passing league, but you cant play with 4 Cbs and expect to intimidate anyone and its no surprise that Wrs just run free thru the secondary and catch balls over the middle with no fear. LAndry would have helped with this and also can cover better than any of our safeties now..

[/QUOTE]

AGREED

" LAndry would have helped with this and also can cover better than any of our safeties now."

yes exaclty

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think this is a good thing.  I read somewhere that the Pats were averaging a respectable 4 missed tackles per game but missed 15 tackles against Buffalo.  Depends who's counting I suppose. 

Point is, the tackling was extremely poor by their own standards and not indicitave of their typical performance.  I thought the defense had been trending up a bit before Buffalo and I'm hoping it was just a worse than normal showing not a look at who they truly are. 

I'm thinking they aren't as good as they were against STL but not as bad as against Buffalo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Still S*cks that K.C.s defense looked very formidable last night. If only Romeo Crennel could.... oh nevermind..

I just want this defense to get to the point where they can dominate a game and keep the score low in case our offense stalls due to playing a good D on the other side...(basically the playoffs)  People point to us getting better in the playoffs last year but did we really? Im not gonna count Tim Tebow who cant even beat Sanchez but vs Flacco we were toasted too, just played good redzone and if not for S.Moore we lose that game. IN the SB, we didnt get ONE 3 and out which allowed Eli to keep drives alive all day while Brady paced the sideline so Im just saying... somethings gotta change like Tex said. I think the fact we are a gameplan defense that changes week to week actually hurts us in the form of continuity and having chemistry as well as never being great at  one thing but being able to do everything in a pinch. Its nice,  but it keeps you biting your nails. BB has had plenty of time to hand pick his own defense so these are ALL his guys and it would be nice to establish an Identity like we had in 03/04...which was QB killas!  now we are QB Enablers!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Still S*cks that K.C.s defense looked very formidable last night. If only Romeo Crennel could.... oh nevermind..

I just want this defense to get to the point where they can dominate a game and keep the score low in case our offense stalls due to playing a good D on the other side...(basically the playoffs)  People point to us getting better in the playoffs last year but did we really? Im not gonna count Tim Tebow who cant even beat Sanchez but vs Flacco we were toasted too, just played good redzone and if not for S.Moore we lose that game. IN the SB, we didnt get ONE 3 and out which allowed Eli to keep drives alive all day while Brady paced the sideline so Im just saying... somethings gotta change like Tex said. I think the fact we are a gameplan defense that changes week to week actually hurts us in the form of continuity and having chemistry as well as never being great at  one thing but being able to do everything in a pinch. Its nice,  but it keeps you biting your nails. BB has had plenty of time to hand pick his own defense so these are ALL his guys and it would be nice to establish an Identity like we had in 03/04...which was QB killas!  now we are QB Enablers!!!

[/QUOTE]

" somethings gotta change like Tex said"

agreed.

and ive been sayiing it for a few years here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think this is a good thing.  I read somewhere that the Pats were averaging a respectable 4 missed tackles per game but missed 15 tackles against Buffalo.  Depends who's counting I suppose. 

Point is, the tackling was extremely poor by their own standards and not indicitave of their typical performance.  I thought the defense had been trending up a bit before Buffalo and I'm hoping it was just a worse than normal showing not a look at who they truly are. 

I'm thinking they aren't as good as they were against STL but not as bad as against Buffalo.

[/QUOTE]

agee sehn,

we clearly are capable of better.

that is why it is significant to point out how prro it was for this game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This forum is full of knee jerk fantasy football GMs. He is right about Sunday though. The tabkling was awful. It looked to me that there was too much going for the ball and not enough worrying about getting the ball carrier to the ground.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This forum is full of knee jerk fantasy football GMs. He is right about Sunday though. The tabkling was awful. It looked to me that there was too much going for the ball and not enough worrying about getting the ball carrier to the ground.

[/QUOTE]

The long 3rd down conversion by Fred Jackson was tough to watch. I think it was Wilson was trying to rip the ball out and actually helped pull him forward instead of trying to stand him up and drive him back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The long 3rd down conversion by Fred Jackson was tough to watch. I think it was Wilson was trying to rip the ball out and actually helped pull him forward instead of trying to stand him up and drive him back.

[/QUOTE]

As I said

Sections
Shortcuts