25 Missed Tackles, 159 yards after contact Yesterday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: 25 Missed Tackles, 159 yards after contact Yesterday

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We lead the league in lowest yards allowed after contact.

This forum is embarrassing.

[/QUOTE]

This forum is full of knee jerk fantasy football GMs. He is right about Sunday though. The tabkling was awful. It looked to me that there was too much going for the ball and not enough worrying about getting the ball carrier to the ground.

[/QUOTE]

Your observation of the tackling, or lack there of, was my thought as well.  I think some of these guys are getting just a little to focused on trying to dislodge the ball.  There were certainly many times when they might have stopped a Bills drive if they had simply made the tackle.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I nearly spit out my cereal!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I nearly spit out my cereal!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We lead the league in lowest yards allowed after contact.

This forum is embarrassing.

[/QUOTE]

This forum is full of knee jerk fantasy football GMs. He is right about Sunday though. The tabkling was awful. It looked to me that there was too much going for the ball and not enough worrying about getting the ball carrier to the ground.

[/QUOTE]

The long 3rd down conversion by Fred Jackson was tough to watch. I think it was Wilson was trying to rip the ball out and actually helped pull him forward instead of trying to stand him up and drive him back.

[/QUOTE]

The OP insinuates that BB is at fault(needs to change his scheme or else etc..) and that we only have 2 practices left to fix tackling issues.

I pointed out that until this past game which of course I agree was a terrible effort by the defense that we lead the league in yards allowed after contact. I believe the exact number which I posted in a thread a while back was .98 yards after contact allowed which again was number 1 in the league. Surely this is a sign of great tackling all year and not the snap shot 1 poor game end all be all game on Sunday.

I'm sorry if you think I'm too sarcastic but coming to this board after a Pats victory is probably more depressing then reading a Jets forum, The problem is Jets fans think they suck because they actually do suck and not because the newer fan base is so spoiled that they blow a gasket if things aren't perfect.

This is all I read here...The O-line sucks(wrong), the secondary sucks(wrong), no talent on the roster(wrong), the defense sucks(wrong), McCourty sucks(wrong), BB is bad GM(wrong wrong wrong) blah blah blah F-BULL SHHHHTTTTTTTIIIIIII

Sorry broski, I just can't stand it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

What kind of defense does the Patriots have?

Run-stuffing?

Man-to-man coverage?

Zone coverage?

3-4?

4-3?

Nickel?

Bend-don't-break?

Blitz heavy?

Instintive?

Game-planned?

Vanilla?

Exotic?

The answer is.............. all of them. And apparently when you try to be all of them, you suck at all of them since you're always learning and never gelling since the personnel ALWAYS keep getting hurt or leaving after season since that's the reality. So the defense never gels and everyone is always trying to make sure they don't mess up what their role is supposed to be any given snap instead of not thinking too hard and making athletic plays. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This just in (as I key this Wednesday morning still on my first cup of coffee):  the Pats D ain't the '85 Bears.  And they also had a particularly bad game Sunday.

BB said it in a conference call (I believe it was yesterday):  there's no excuses for it.

How many threads is this forum going to produce (written by clearly better GMs and coaches than BB ever thought of being) all saying the same thing?  OK, we get it: the D needs work (and I continue to assert it is young and the secondary hasn't worked together as a unit very much).

And in case you missed it, the entire team (with a few exceptions) was really rusty coming off the bye.  Hardly a surprise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That was a terrible performance. NE is usually not that bad. McCourty, especially, looked terrible. He was basically bullied over the line for a first down. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That was a terrible performance. NE is usually not that bad. McCourty, especially, looked terrible. He was basically bullied over the line for a first down. 

[/QUOTE]

This is right, it was one game where the tackling was especially lousy, they got little heat on the QB and they made some dumb mistakes in coverage.  There were also a few plays by Spiller and Jackson where they made something out of nothing, so give them credit.  To the extent they didn't improve during the bye week and may have actually regressed, it's a bit unnerving.  But not reason to panic or give up. It's one week (and they won the game).