2nd Day Notes From Camp

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: 2nd Day Notes From Camp

Look out Rusty, seems Brady has found a new Binky.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

"... Judging by his comments, Belichick is not pleased with linebacker Brandon Spikes, who opted to skip voluntary workouts and OTAs in favor of working out on his own in South Florida.

When asked Tuesday about the recovering Rob Gronkowski and his contact with the team, Belichick took a thinly veiled swipe at Spikes, saying pointedly, "All of our players except one have been here regularly through the offseason up until this week."

On Wednesday, he was asked specifically for his reaction to players who do not take part in voluntary OTAs.

"It is what it is," said the coach. "We all know what the rules and guidelines are, and that's what they are."

But can a player's position on the team be hurt if he chooses not to participate?

"It is what it is. We don't make the rules."

So there's that. ..."

Let's go Pats!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't think there were many who thought there would be a major drop off between Amendola and Welker. I myself have compared to two in the past (esp prior to last season) and Amendola as a possible Welker replacement. The real question that surrounds Amendola and will continue to until the end of the season is if he could stay healthy the entire season. Not having a drop off from Welker to Amendola doesn't matter if he can't stay on the field in the end.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

if you wanna post the camp notes here its np, ill stop posting it on my thread so it can die off. :)

(Bruschi) ," I think this is what they were looking for, they aint got it...they aint got it".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

if you wanna post the camp notes here its np, ill stop posting it on my thread so it can die off. :)

(Bruschi) ," I think this is what they were looking for, they aint got it...they aint got it".

[/QUOTE]

Leave your thread opne it was initiated a day and a half prior to this one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't think there were many who thought there would be a major drop off between Amendola and Welker. I myself have compared to two in the past (esp prior to last season) and Amendola as a possible Welker replacement. The real question that surrounds Amendola and will continue to until the end of the season is if he could stay healthy the entire season. Not having a drop off from Welker to Amendola doesn't matter if he can't stay on the field in the end.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Not completely true.  People thought/think Welker was irreplaceable.  Many sourced drop stats and other elements as to why Amendola might even be an upgrade, most notably his ability to get separation on the outside.

Welker needed the shotgun and he couldn't do anything on the outside.

Also, we suggested to you that the injury thing was overblown simply because the timing of each's serious, respective, long term injury.

[/QUOTE]

Amendola still hasn't put up Welkers numbers yet, nor has he still as durable as Welker has been. Suggesting they are fluk injures is meaningless, they happened. Sometimes injury prone players tend to stay injury prone not matter how they get injured. It just happens that way. So, until Amendola can last a season and put up Welker numbers then the injury issue is still a major question mark and not overblown (if it was only a couple games then overblown but missing more then a full season over 2 years?), as is if he can replace Welker's numbers. BTW when you put up over 100 rec's for 5 years I'm fairly certain you don't need just the shotgun and can play out of any formation. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Who has Amendola caught the ball from?  Not Tom Brady.   And yes, Welker was only really effective out the shotgun because by the time a QB drops back, his 5-7 yard route or 1st or 2nd break off the route, has been compromised.

Amendola is able to be used at times on the perimeter which is a bonus.

Who did Ocho catch the ball from before coming to the Pats? Not Tom Brady. Now I highly doubt Amendola will be another Ocho and do believe he will be much, much closer to Welkers production but we were hearing rave reports about Ocho in camp too. Until we actually see what he looks like in a game situation you can't say if he can or can't replace Welkers production. BTW saying a 100+ rec WR for 5 years is only effective out of the shotgun is comical. Did you watch the games at all? Welker ran a lot more than 5-7yrd dump off routes and Brady certainly threw to him under center too. One of Welker's greatest strengths was finding open space on broken plays for Brady to get to him. Once the play is broken it doesn't matter how it started out and that's where a good number of Welkers catches came 3-5s after the snap of the ball, not a 3 step drop and fling the ball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LOL at Rusty.  There is nothing in that article that indicates that there will be no drop off from Welker to Amendola.  It clearly stats that he has Welker type qualities which we already all know that, and that he has built a rapport with TFB which is really not surprising.  But to indicate that there is no drop off is silly, he hasn't even played a game as a Patriot yet.

While there is no doubt that Amendola can be very successful as a Patriot, he has yet proven nothing.  To think he can come in and have the same chemistry TFB had with Welker on the field this early or even after one season that TTFB and Welker achieved after several years together or until he can prove he can play 16 games in a season instead of only finishing 10 games out of 32, or until he shows that he can provide the type of production and durability Welker did, then saying there will be no drop of at this point in time is just plain moronic!!  But what else do we expect from Rusty, lol!

Make no mistake about it, I hope Amendola does very well here and helps lead the PAtriots to the promise land but comments like that at this time is just plain silly.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

We can argue all we want about Amendola and Welker but all I can say is the Amendola is going to catch a hell of a lot more passes from Tom Brady this season than Wes will.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

Who has Amendola caught the ball from?  Not Tom Brady.   And yes, Welker was only really effective out the shotgun because by the time a QB drops back, his 5-7 yard route or 1st or 2nd break off the route, has been compromised.

Who did Ocho catch the ball from before coming to the Pats? Not Tom Brady. Now I highly doubt Amendola will be another Ocho and do believe he will be much, much closer to Welkers production but we were hearing rave reports about Ocho in camp too. Until we actually see what he looks like in a game situation you can't say if he can or can't replace Welkers production. BTW saying a 100+ rec WR for 5 years is only effective out of the shotgun is comical. Did you watch the games at all? Welker ran a lot more than 5-7yrd dump off routes and Brady certainly threw to him under center too. One of Welker's greatest strengths was finding open space on broken plays for Brady to get to him. Once the play is broken it doesn't matter how it started out and that's where a good number of Welkers catches came 3-5s after the snap of the ball, not a 3 step drop and fling the ball.

[/QUOTE]

Carson Palmer actually threw the ball to Ochocinco. LMAO

Ouch.  Truth hurts, huh, PatsEng? Brandon Lloyd did a lot of waving off to the side last year, too. Hey, Tom!  Look to your left, I am over here!

bawahaha

Sucks to admit it, but it's the truth.  Brady has to improve. Throwing little, easy underneath routes to Welkie or Hernandez or having Gronk make it easy on you, ain't enough.  Target the X more, Tom. Target that X and Z, please.

[/QUOTE]

Totally different offense. You're being disingenuous.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[/QUOTE]

Carson Palmer actually threw the ball to Ochocinco. LMAO

Ouch.  Truth hurts, huh, PatsEng? Brandon Lloyd did a lot of waving off to the side last year, too. Hey, Tom!  Look to your left, I am over here!

bawahaha

Sucks to admit it, but it's the truth.  Brady has to improve. Throwing little, easy underneath routes to Welkie or Hernandez or having Gronk make it easy on you, ain't enough.  Target the X more, Tom. Target that X and Z, please.

[/QUOTE]

What truth? You asked who threw the ball to Amendola so I asked who threw the ball to Ocho. Obviously you were using the question you posed to say Brady was better then Bradford (which I agree) as I was inferring Brady is better then Palmer. I mean really Rusty, use some common sense when someone throws the same question back at you that they are using your argument against you and not asking a serious question. BTW how did talking about Amendola as an unknown because we haven't seen him in action as a Pat turn into Brady can't throw more then underneath passes? How did that even come up in your mind?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BTW how did talking about Amendola as an unknown because we haven't seen him in action as a Pat turn into Brady can't throw more then underneath passes? How did that even come up in your mind?

That is what he does when he is wrong.  Backpedaling and deflecting!  Classic Rusty troll , move that he has been doing here for a long time now. 

Sections
Shortcuts