2nd round picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

2nd round picks

Anybody seen Vareen or Dowling? At this rate it appears they may redshirt on ir. Not too bad for the running game but it'd be bad news for the secondary. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Re: 2nd round picks

I think they will be on the opening day roster.  They may be inactive for the first few games.  I am sure the Patriots are taking a conservative approach to the players.  These two should be long term Patriots.  There is no need to rush them and make their injuries worse.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

brace butler wheatley

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think Russ is right...You can even see it in the way BB drafted this year with knowledge of how the lock out might/would affect a team's preparation, especially at certain positions. Did you find it curious at all that with a draft fairly deep in DL, ones that could have played our 4 man line, that we took none, and will rely on 2nd/3rd year players and savvy vets. 
    We took the most game ready, high upside OL in the draft..Solder, with a high comfort level we would resign Light.... 2 RB's that we needed to replenish the stable, but RB is probably one of the shortest learninig curves positions, and we have 2 highly productive ones in Woody and BJGE.
    Value picks in Mallett and Cannon..both rated as 1st/2nd round talent, etc., etc.
    Dowling who we knew didn't need to start day one with a fairly deep CB corps, but again, a kid that has off the chart measurables and could bloom into a good CB or even safety once healthy.
    All the picks were precision picks, in part I think due to the shortened camp, as well as BB's strategy in FA. I'm not worried about Vereen or Dowling. They will get on the field when they get on the field..no rushing them.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Well, there goes that:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4700642/rookie-cb-dowling-returns-to-practice

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: 2nd round picks:
    [QUOTE]Well, there goes that: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4700642/rookie-cb-dowling-returns-to-practice
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Its good news. Lets see what kind of shape he's in, and what he can contribute. The bigger question in my mind is Bodden. He's out, and has been since the 1st game.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: 2nd round picks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2nd round picks : Its good news. Lets see what kind of shape he's in, and what he can contribute. The bigger question in my mind is Bodden. He's out, and has been since the 1st game.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Nah, Bodden started against Tampa...must have been hurt during the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I think Vareen goes on the PUP or IR if he can't return to practice this week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Actually..no PUP for Vareen since he participated in the first couple practices.  So it might be IR unfortunately. 

Sections
Shortcuts