2ND ROUND

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: 2ND ROUND

Two years later we get Mark Anderson back. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

We didn't need another LB, the heck is BB thinking? This seems like  reach. We have 4 potential starting LBs but we have no one to help Chandler get to the QB with his hands on the floor. 

He is best when getting after the QB. Watch the tape, thats what he excels at.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

I mentioned him in an earlier post saying that he is always around the ball. I said the Pats would LOVE this kid if they were playing the 3-4. Well it looks to me that he can play that OLB moving Jones and Kelly to DE. We need that speed on the outside with the Jets drafting Geno and the Bills drafting Manual. This kid will come in right away and compete for reps.

Jones is way to small to play a 34 DE. He'd be an elephant OLB in a 34

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I bet San Fran takes Jesse. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Would of rather had Hunt but Collins isn't bad. Sad to see Taylor go to the Phins. That one kind of hurts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I thought the Pats biggest need going into the draft was pass rush. So they addressed it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Say goodbye to Fletcher

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wheaton, Bailey, Rogers   Hope they grab a WR at 59 though I'm a bit disappointed they let a couple good CB's go

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We didn't need another LB, the heck is BB thinking? This seems like  reach. We have 4 potential starting LBs but we have no one to help Chandler get to the QB with his hands on the floor. 

Yes, but with his hands in the up, not on the turf. We have players for a 43 defense, Collins seems like he would've been great as a 34 OLB, but can he really play 4-3 DE? 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Patience!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

.........draft well.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Yes, but with his hands in the up, not on the turf. We have players for a 43 defense, Collins seems like he would've been great as a 34 OLB, but can he really play 4-3 DE? 

Hightower can play 4-3 and 3-4 outside. Jones is best suited to like up head on with a tackle and play that 3-4 DE. Jones was much better against the run that anyone would have thought and he can handle his own verse tackles. So yes Nink and Collins will split OLB and Hightower will own his side.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He's a pure LB. HIghtower would move to DE where he played at times in Ala

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I thought the Pats biggest need going into the draft was pass rush. So they addressed it.

Yeah, well epect to see a lot of offended pink hats like Hurl and BdBreu types who didn't have Collins in their personal mocks, so they think BB made a bad pick.

We just have some of the most pathetic and irrational (while miserable) fans on these internet boards.

Fine with me. I think Marcus Wheaton next

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

Wow lot of good players gone!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Does anyone here remember the 5 LB "prowl" defense BB used to run? We can utilize that with Vince as the down lineman, Chandler, Mayo, Spikes, Hightower and Collins. Confuse the QB and bring the heat. I like the pick.

Adding an athletic LB that can rush the passer is not a negative last time I checked?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

"Jamie Collins, LB (6-foot-3 5/8, 250 pounds) - Collins stood on his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine (he was a top performer in his position group in five events). Collins' official 40-yard dash time (4.64 seconds) in Indianapolis is especially notable. Collins worked out as both a linebacker and defensive lineman with his hand in the dirt. He'll have a lot of intrigued teams visit for a private workout. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com"

This makes me feel a little bit better. Is Spikes expendable now?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts