2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: 2ND ROUND

Yeah Baby

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

he should be on his way to TB  home  right now so he can  learn

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Absolutely hate this pick. He may of been the only wide receiver that I didn't like out of all the guys ranked in the top ten. I thought he was a stiff.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Aaron Dobson: At 6-foot-3 and 210 pounds, the Marshall product has the big body and requisite speed needed to fill the spot. As a senior, Dobson was named to the All-Conference USA second team — in 10 games, Dobson caught 57 passes for 679 yards and 3 touchdowns. Dobson was slotted as the 59th overall pick to New England in the latest mock draft from ESPN analyst Todd McShay, and it’s worth pointing out that the Patriots have done pretty well with Marshall receivers in the past (Randy MossTroy Brown). He’s not a first-rounder, but he’s someone who could be available in the second or third round.

New Patriots WR Aaron Dobson (6-3, 211 pounds) didn't participate at the combine (hamstring), but posted 4.42 and 4.44 40's at his Pro Day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Dobson projected at 117.

STRENGTHS: Savvy route-runner whose body control and reliable hands made him a standout at the Senior Bowl. Good attention to detail. He sets up defensive backs well, selling his routes to push defensive backs deep even on running plays and showing off strength and determination as a downfield blocker. He also consistently worked his way back to the quarterback. Can leap high, contort his body and haul in difficult passes in deep coverage. Very good hand-eye coordination and shows the ability to make the difficult reception look easy. Is consistently able to make the reception despite defenders in close proximity. Voted team captain in 2012.

WEAKNESSES: May be a better football player than athlete and therefore may lack upside. Good, not great quick-twitch athleticism to make defenders miss in tight quarters and does not possess elite top-end speed. Smaller than expected hands (8 1/2") given his size. Is not the punishing blocker his size would indicate, though he made improvements in this area as a senior.

COMPARES TO: Sidney Rice, WR, Seattle Seahawks -- Possessing impressive height, good overall athleticism and the ability to make the tough reception in traffic, Dobson could emerge as a starting caliber split end despite less than ideal straight-line speed.

Dobson is a speed burner who was clocked with a 4.33-second 40-yard dash during the preseason in 2009, according to the school. After seeing limited action as a freshman, he led the team with 44 catches for 689 yards and five touchdowns as a sophomore.

He was again the team's leading receiver with 49 catches for 668 yards and a career-high 12 touchdowns in 2011. That earned Dobson a spot on the preseason Biletnikoff Award watch list.

"I try not to let it get to my head. I'm a humble person," Dobson said.

Dobson missed two games in 2012, but still finished with a career-high 57 receptions, third on the team, for 679 yards and three touchdowns.

Dobson closed his career with 165 receptions for 2,398 yards and 24 touchdowns in 47 games. He averaged 14.5 yards per catch for his career, and the 24 touchdowns tied longtime New England Patriots Troy Brown for fourth on the school's all-time record book.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wanted Wheaton, but if Dobson is the football intellect these guys are making him out to be...I'm in. 

Still hoping for Jesse Williams in round 3. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

WE ARE MARSHALL ...

Troy Brown /  Randy Moss  /  Aaron Dobson

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Dobson

The pick does not excite me. I don't hate it.

Physical attributes fine. My concern has more to do with him looking to me like a kid that will not work out with TB. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Fm4Pu3HiM

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Dobson... Love his size but not sure I like how raw he is. Tate and Price were raw too and I'm not sure Brady likes to develop raw WRs. Great size and speed though, not sure I wouldn't want someone more polished like Allen or Rogers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mary Paoletti         Mary Paoletti @Mary_Paoletti 2m

Dobson was No. 1 prospect WR ranked by STATS for best (lowest) drop percentage. (Minimum of 40 targets in 2012) Dobson on 92

While Dobson is big and reasonably fast (4.55), he is not a huge YPC guy. 15.7, 13.6, 11.9 in 2010-12 with Marshall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99lzd57Ib_w 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Dobson

The pick does not excite me. I don't hate it.

Physical attributes fine. My concern has more to do with him looking to me like a kid that will not work out with TB. 

If TB calls, he'll answer.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Absolutely hate this pick. He may of been the only wide receiver that I didn't like out of all the guys ranked in the top ten. I thought he was a stiff.

No one cares what your opinion is. You hate every single thing BB does.  Go write him a letter, you miserable tool.

You know, it's too bad we didn't get that first for Mallett...we could of grabbed Hopkins. Hey, has Lombardi called you yet about all that? I swear Lombardi just made the Dobson pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

no hamstring problems please. Don't know much about this guy, good size though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

the fact he knows how to run routes is a big plus I think he will excell here

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Aaron Dobson!!!! love it!!

These selections STINK!!

The Pats will be lucky to get a "good" back up from this heap.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.