2ND ROUND

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

Re: 2ND ROUND

In response to Getzo's comment:

Logan Ryan  STRENGTHS

Good size for a corner. Extremely physical. Active all across the field, and not afraid to come up an participate in the run game. Reckless abandon for his body, but still a sound tackler. Constantly around the football, makes plays on the ball. Intelligent. Experience with both man and zone coverage. Fluid hips.

WEAKNESSES

Still raw in terms of technique. Lacks blazing speed. As a result, will fly his hips open far to quickly to compensate, leading to a lot of short completions. Will get too grabby and not turn his head to find ball, which will result in penalties in the NFL.

NFL COMPARISON

Dunta Robinson

BOTTOM LINE

Teams that value physicality and tackling ability from their corners will surely like Ryan. He's an active, physical player that often finds himself around the football. He's not the fastest, and will need to clean up his technique in order to be successful at the next level, but he is still likely to be a second-day selection.

You deleted his slow 4.56  40 time. he won't be able to keep up with speedy receivers.
    He may make a good safety

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm scared, guys. I think San Fran will go Jesse. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to viewer222's comment:

You deleted his slow 4.56  40 time. he won't be able to keep up with speedy receivers.

Good tackling ability makes him a likely special team guy.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Jesse Williams, Quinton Patton, Stedman Bailey, Alex Okafor 

Give me one of those four and I'll be VERY happy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

True, but why are a bunch of no-name DT's being taken ahead of Williams?

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

There's got to be a problem with Jesse Williams that the public is not privy to.

He's not a pass rusher, he's Vince Wilfork part 2. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Jesse's drop is due to the fact that he's not a pass rusher in a league that wants pass rushers. But line him up with Vince and Spikes is going to get to the backfield all season. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I was being optimistic

Good tackling ability makes him a likely special team guy.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Ill be surprised if Williams is still around in a few picks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

In response to GadisRKO's comment:

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Jesse Williams, Quinton Patton, Stedman Bailey, Alex Okafor 

Give me one of those four and I'll be VERY happy.

I like those picks too, would also like Barrett Jones.  He would add some nice nice depth on the interior line that I think we could use!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We'll either draft a guard or trade into next year... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

Wait... Did we just draft a safety?????????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Logan Ryan  STRENGTHS

Good size for a corner. Extremely physical. Active all across the field, and not afraid to come up an participate in the run game. Reckless abandon for his body, but still a sound tackler. Constantly around the football, makes plays on the ball. Intelligent. Experience with both man and zone coverage. Fluid hips.

WEAKNESSES

Still raw in terms of technique. Lacks blazing speed. As a result, will fly his hips open far to quickly to compensate, leading to a lot of short completions. Will get too grabby and not turn his head to find ball, which will result in penalties in the NFL.

NFL COMPARISON

Dunta Robinson

BOTTOM LINE

Teams that value physicality and tackling ability from their corners will surely like Ryan. He's an active, physical player that often finds himself around the football. He's not the fastest, and will need to clean up his technique in order to be successful at the next level, but he is still likely to be a second-day selection.

I didn't delete anything.  And 40 times are overrated.  Thanks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

We'll either draft a guard or trade into next year... 

We get the guard in the 4th. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well, if we don't pick Williams at this point they plan on playing Wilfork until the poor guy drops dead on the field.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Ryan will be another failed CB pick.  

This draft is turing out to be a disaster IMO.  A few mediocre back up players at best. 

Wouldn't go that far, I like Dobson, but unless BB goes with Williams next, I won't love this draft. I'll like it, but I think we could've done better. 

+1, not a bad draft but one it feels like we just took what was available instead of guys they really wanted. Last year it seemed like they had clear targets they wanted, 11' too, and 10' but this year it feels like they are just taking whoever falls to them

You get the feeling they didn't really like anyone a lot. Still, I think Collins and Dobson both could end up getting significant snaps this year.  Ryan is likely mostly a special teamer and back-up DB, but he adds depth where they need depth.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

THis is it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Come on. Williams. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Trade back coming

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Patton or Bailey?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to mcboyd22's comment:

Trade back coming

If we trade I hope it's into next year.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

A commercial, must be a Patriot pick come up

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

Nothing wrong with being optimistic!

Logan Ryan  STRENGTHS

WEAKNESSES

NFL COMPARISON

Dunta Robinson

BOTTOM LINE

I didn't delete anything.  And 40 times are overrated.  Thanks.

Sections
Shortcuts