2ND ROUND

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Re: 2ND ROUND

Was Harmon really going to be gone before the 6th pick in the 4 th round?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

It's better than what the Pats marched out yesteryear....

Welker, Lloyd, Edelman, Branch and Slater < Amendola, Dobson, Edelman, Jones and Slater.  Not every WR works with TB, you need to get him a smart, route savy, high motor WR or he won't work with him. Dobson is a good pick up, IMHO, I wouldn't be surprised if Troy Brown gave him the seal of approval. He'll do fine here. 

I don't agree with your statement and the reason why I don't is because of the part I bolded. We know that Welker, Edelman, and Branch had a good chemistry with Brady going into camp and with the exception of Branch wearing down we knew Welker and Lloyd were durable. This year only Edelman has worked with Brady before and all of them have had injury question marks (Dobson has knee, ankle, and hip question marks in college). Potentially if everyone stays healthy AND they have chemistry with Brady I agree the WR core looks better but those are big ifs given the group and Brady's history with new WRs so for now I'd side with the known over the unknown until I see them on the field after preseason week 3

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

I bet they use the Harmon kid as a cb.

He's slower then everyone but A. Wilson in the secondary so I hope not

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

jus tfinsihed work watchingmy dvr, jsut caught up to the dobson pick. 

finally! one of my guys (3rd pref most of the time)

really missed on carradine (or top de).

off on an errand will watch 3rd rd pats pick when back in 30 ore so and catch up with you guys. havent read and dont want to until i see my picks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

Nope.  You could run a billion draft simulations and Harmon would not have been selected between 91 and 102.   So, it made no sense to draft him at 91. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Nope.  You could run a billion draft simulations and Harmon would not have been selected between 91 and 102.   So, it made no sense to draft him at 91. 

He would have been there at the end of the draft. -_-

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

unless BB is going to draft an even more obscure player at 102.

BB wants who he wants.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

I bet they use the Harmon kid as a cb.

He's slower then everyone but A. Wilson in the secondary so I hope not

senility setting in.wasted 3rd round. guess bb REALLY REALLY DIDNT WANT JESSIE WILLIAMS (left late 3rd) ditto stedman bailey.

just because we know a coach we should take a slow corner and safety who neither can play man. waste.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

It's better than what the Pats marched out yesteryear....

Welker, Lloyd, Edelman, Branch and Slater < Amendola, Dobson, Edelman, Jones and Slater.  Not every WR works with TB, you need to get him a smart, route savy, high motor WR or he won't work with him. Dobson is a good pick up, IMHO, I wouldn't be surprised if Troy Brown gave him the seal of approval. He'll do fine here. 

I don't agree with your statement and the reason why I don't is because of the part I bolded. We know that Welker, Edelman, and Branch had a good chemistry with Brady going into camp and with the exception of Branch wearing down we knew Welker and Lloyd were durable. This year only Edelman has worked with Brady before and all of them have had injury question marks (Dobson has knee, ankle, and hip question marks in college). Potentially if everyone stays healthy AND they have chemistry with Brady I agree the WR core looks better but those are big ifs given the group and Brady's history with new WRs so for now I'd side with the known over the unknown until I see them on the field after preseason week 3

still can add rogers and charles johnson.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:

I always side with production when it comes to WRs in the draft but I'll give Dobson a good chance. The reason I say I side with production because if it really was the QB that gives a good excuse that means we don't actually know how Dobson would perform with a real QB, also he wasn't really challanged with top level CB's too. Just don't want to see another Price type of situation. Though, I do like his leaping ability and body control. Should help him in the red zone which is an area of weakness for us but between the 20's I wish I could see him gain more separation given his abilities. Should be interesting to watch him in camp. Still hoping they bring in another WR too. Amendola, Edelman, Jones, Dobson, Bailey would have made for an exciting WR core. Oh well Wilson, Swope, and Rogers wouldn't be bad either and Kaufman would be an exciting choice in the 7th, now that would be one heck of a red zone core. Kaufman, Dobson, Gronk, Ballard, Hern/Amendola/Vereen that's a heck of a red zone spread

I think Dobson could be good.  Da'Rick Rogers was my favorite WR in this draft based on onfield play.  I hope we still pick him.

ditto. are you my alter ego?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

I think you're entirely overvaluing the draft, and I think you're underestimating the importance of niche players in the NFL.

Considering every player (with rare exception) come through the draft how is it overvalued?

Niche players are very important but starters to me are more important. A team full of niche players doesn't go very far without high level playmakers who are usually starters. Most considered the first 3 rounds as the best place to find starters as it becomes increasingly difficult to find starters past the 3rd. So if you are using day 1 or day 2 picks on niche players then they have to be some of the best in their niche. T. Wilson shows promise but a mid 2nd on a niche nickel S? A late 3rd for a hard hitting SS I like the value and even if he's only a sub it wouldn't be bad but he'd better give you James Sanders type of performance and just my opinion from the short video I'm not sure I can see that quite yet. Now if McCourty and T. Wilson are your main Ss and Harmon takes on a Sanders role then it makes sense but I think that is asking a lot right now given what we've seen so far

"Niche players are very important but starters to me are more important. "

and game gchaners on a team otherwise ready is even more imprortnant. thats what we needed. mvoing up and into 13 not down and addign more jag picks.

several teams continuie to make leaps (with 3-4 studs). we did not this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Mayock had him rated as priority undrafted free agent

"Bill Belichick knows that school like few coaches do. I had him on my board late as a late-priority free agent. I got on him late when I saw some cut-ups. I moved him up my board because I went, 'Wow.'" -- Mike Mayock

was that after the bb pick?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Liking what we're getting, a lot!

Dobson is a perimeter threat who can stretch the field, we got an explosive edge-rusher to go next to Jones in Jamie, and we added CB depth in a solid player in Ryan, along with a hard-hitting, fast-flying SS in Harmon. Adrian Wilson is a great addition, but the guy will be around for 3 years, max.

At this point, I see our needs going into day 3 as follows:

Interior DL, LB depth (preferably a cover LB), and another WR. 

Beyond that, the only place I could see a need would be at interior OL, but that's a lesser priority compared to the aforementioned positions. 

We solidified the defensive backfield, we have edge-rushers, and our offense is largely set outside of another WR. 

Here's highlights of Harmon.. I really like what I see. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4BKf-miCtM

Watching this video I honestly felt like I was watching a Tavon Wilson "highlight" video from last year...and that's not a good thing. At least we didn't select him in the second like we did with Wilson.

1 thing that didnt get worse. "tavon wilson" pick in the 3rd nto 2nd :)