2ND ROUND

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Re: 2ND ROUND

Another linebacker................................

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Not bad.  I mocked him to the Pats in the 4th once.  Bit early, but not awful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

STRENGTHS: Muscular, athletic-looking frame with powerful hands and long arms. Accelerates well in a straight line, and exhibits good flexibility, both coming off the edge as a rusher, as well as when changing direction in space. Displays a knack for getting to the quarterback off the edge, with impressive natural power on contact, and ability to disengage when he uses his hands effectively. Flashes a strong, sudden closing burst in space. Appears natural and comfortable in his lower half when asked to drop into zone coverage. When he gets his arms extended at the point of attack, can really manhandle his blocker. Doesn't possess a ton of short-area burst when breaking down to make tackles in space, but uses length nicely to compensate.

WEAKNESSES: Motor appears to waffle at times. Explosiveness and fluidity appear to be there for brief moments, but other times he looks heavy-footed and sloppy in space. First step isn't elite. Is much more athletic than instinctive at this point. Isn't a high-intensity, fly-to-the-football defender, despite possessing some dynamic physical tools that indicate he's capable of covering more ground. Tends to tackle with his shoulder too frequently rather than wrapping up, and will take on blockers with his chest or shoulders far too often. Will reduce speed and exhibits loose legs when flipping his hips from a backpedal in man-coverage. Awareness in zone coverage waivers, as he tends to freeze in space and lose track of what's going on behind him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

He only did 19 reps? Most of us here can do more than that lol. I know that doesn't mean anything, just saying. I have no idea who this guy is.

He's fast and is a multi dimensional LB who can pass rush, hold the edge, and is above average in coverage which was a major weakness last year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Thank god...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to titletownfan's comment:

proabbly no on weelse was breaking down the door to get him

so why not get him with yoru 2nd pick?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Going to have to check this guy out, I never heard of him. if he can rush the passer then great.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

coverage linebacker was a need.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

Probably the same reason they took Wilson last year in the 2nd round.......

Maybe for the same reason they took Wilson in the 2nd round last year......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

he can rush and is decent in coveage will have to wait and see

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Well say hello to the 34 defense again!

Why? Collins and Mayo as OLB, Spikes as ILB and Hightower and Jones become your DEs. This screams to me 43 more then 34. If they went 34 who are your DE's? Nink, Jones, Hightower, Vega would be OLBs, Mayo, Spikes, Collins ILBs?

hightower doesnt have many pass rush moves

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This guy is a freak athletically.  Have people seen his workout numbers?  Insane.  And he did get 10 sacks on a team that somehow went 0-12 last season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

CBS ranked him as the 60th pick overall and they were on the money on that.

I thought there immediate needs were 1 WR, 2 DE, 3 CB

Hunt gone at 53.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Scouting report on him looks good, the type of guy that can help right away. Sounds like a good pick.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Probably the same reason they took Wilson last year in the 2nd round.......

Maybe for the same reason they took Wilson in the 2nd round last year......

im listening.

becsue bb is "smarter" than anyone else (ie he will think up a way to value someone no one else does)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This guy was slated to go where we drafted him.  Jesus H Christ.  Chill out.  Seriously though I will say the fact that this guy continued to play hard on a terrible team is a plus.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

run started on LBs and they got nervous

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

The more I read about this guy the more I like this pick.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I mentioned him in an earlier post saying that he is always around the ball. I said the Pats would LOVE this kid if they were playing the 3-4. Well it looks to me that he can play that OLB moving Jones and Kelly to DE. We need that speed on the outside with the Jets drafting Geno and the Bills drafting Manual. This kid will come in right away and compete for reps.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We didn't need another LB, the heck is BB thinking? This seems like  reach. We have 4 potential starting LBs but we have no one to help Chandler get to the QB with his hands on the floor. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTSe4Dk67cc

Sections
Shortcuts