3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain

I was at the game yesterday and let me tell you this team is better then people think. Brady will flick the switch, it will happen and when it does he will have a very good defense behind him. Leigh Bodden was awesome, he was in their face and hitting guys right as they got the ball he was great. Matt Ryan is a better QB then Flacco and he has more weapons around him then Flacco and we SHUT HIM DOWN. The only thing we need to worry about in the Ravens game is their D but their offense wont be an issue.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The Ravens D is not what they used to be.  The loss of Ryan and some players has taken away the dominant aspect of their D.  They don't have a bad D, but it's not the Jets.  Nonetheless this will be another good test for the Pats.  If we beat the Ravens we're looking pretty good at achieving at least a 12-4 season.

4 games into the season is probably the earliest point to ask some of the "where are we" questions about the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain:
    [QUOTE]Why is that you were no where to be found on this board the last time we bit@ch slapped your team around in 2007. You have to wait until your team is 3-0 to come on this board; or maybe you just became a Ravens fan this year?  You should have waited until they sealed the deal. My guess this is your first and last post; when the Patriots walk all over your ravens you'll never be back again.
    Posted by kman2004[/QUOTE]

Dude, bit@ch slapped in 2007?  Obvioulsy, you just became a fan of the Patriots in 2009.  For one the Patriots hardly slapped the Ravens and second if Rex Ryan doesn't get penalized for calling a timeout you lose that game.  So chill out and get your facts straight before looking like an idiot fan. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]- Ravens secondary is pretty awful (Ed Reed can't do it by himself).
    Posted by pjcmd[/QUOTE]

That, plus Brady continuing to get his receivers on the same page, plus Wes Welker coming back, is a pretty extended mismatch. 

Bill Belichick has, in the past, completely ignored the running game against the Minnesota Vikings for an entire 30 minute first half, and for that matter has completely ignored the passing game against the Indianapolis Colts for 15 plays in a row.  If the Ravens don't try to defend against the pass as well as the run, well, there ya go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon64. Show Leon64's posts

Hey Ravens fan-These people in here all talk a lot of BS-You should have heard them before the Jets game!Then what you really should have stuck around to watch was the way the so called fans reacted to losing!

It was something to see-They wanted to Fire BB and trade Brady-If they deny it they are liars.The NE Oline will be exposed again this week against the Ravens.They are not very good.
    Leon lost his LOCK of the week this week.Who could have known Atlanta was that bad?Leon is up 900 for the year.
    Stay tuned for this weeks lock.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : By pain, did you mean giving up over 400 yards passing and some lucky breaks like @SD? 
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

I think he means like the Ravens won the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain :
    We played a top flight team in San Diego (that had 5 starters out and still passed for 436 against the vaunted Ravens D)and I believe we left them in the loss column as well.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Where is Ed Hochuli when you need an excuse for losing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from burdge1. Show burdge1's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Ravens fan-These people in here all talk a lot of BS-You should have heard them before the Jets game!Then what you really should have stuck around to watch was the way the so called fans reacted to losing! It was something to see-They wanted to Fire BB and trade Brady-If they deny it they are liars.The NE Oline will be exposed again this week against the Ravens.They are not very good. Leon lost his LOCK of the week this week.Who could have known Atlanta was that bad?Leon is up 900 for the year. Stay tuned for this weeks lock.
    Posted by Leon64[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from burdge1. Show burdge1's posts

Putting something in all caps doesn't make it true!  What a bunch of morons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Leon:

How are you?  How much did you lose betting on the Falcons? Since you're up by $900 (by your count), it must have been something? In answer to your question: yes, there was no doubt in our mind that Brady and the Pats were on their way back to what we -  the fans - expect them to be. Now that we got rid of one flock of ugly black birds, its time for the Pats to get rid of another...and when this happens, we will wave them goodbye with that repetitive word from Poe's epic poem: Nevermore!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from burdge1. Show burdge1's posts

In Response to 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain:
    [QUOTE]Well after going through that weak competition so far, the "Bill A Checks" will be facing a real team in our 3-0 Ravens, who average over 31 points in the last three games. If you thought Ryan's boys were tough on your Golden Boy, just wait until you see the Ravens D. It will be a good game and a test for both teams. If we can move Tommy out of the pocket, which we do so well, it may be a long day for him. Bet you're the underdogs in this one as well. Anyway, we all love our home teams, so with that, Go Ravens and good luck to the Pats Ravenous
    Posted by pete21784[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from burdge1. Show burdge1's posts

I am a transplanted Bostonian who now lives in MD.  The Ravens are a much better team than they have been since I moved here 5 years ago, however, they have won against two sub-par teams (if you can even call the Browns sub-par) and a good San Diego team that racked up a lot of yards against the ominous Ravens D.  I don't think they've really been tested. Either way, I think it's going to be a great game with the Pats prevailing. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Brady is one hit away from perm retirement. Just keep your fingers crossed cuz he is the only thing you have left from the Cheaters Brigade. Your team will not make the playoffs this year. Between having to play by the rules, having a gimp knee QB and a relatively poor defense, it is going to be a frightful season for the likes of the hangers on like yourself. Brady was a great QB, but his mind is still on his knee joint and not as much in the game. All it will take is him having a slight twist or hyper extension and his mind is done...as far as the game. Sure hope Haloti Gnata doesn't fall on it by "accident"....! Brady is going down Sunday...ALL DAY LONG...Here Comes The Pain!

I live in Maryland and have to put with a lot of idiots like you who think the Ravens are a Super Bowl team becase they beat up on two of the worst teams in the NFL.  Are you coming here after the Ravens lose to a real football team?

You like to call the Patriots cheaters and suggest that they can't win without cheating.  Since they were ordered to stop videotaping in September 2007, the Patriots are 30-7.  What's the Ravens' record during that time? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LovelyLeon. Show LovelyLeon's posts

They may have stopped filming but do you think they ever destroyed the tapes???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

[QUOTE]Your boys are not the same signal stealing elite as they were in 2007. Hell, you got beat by the f'in jets...the Jets..with a rookie quarterback. Stop living in the past. Brady is not the same and is on the downside of a great career. Half of your team is somewhere else. The Falcons were overated to start with. Remember this, in '07, the Ravens never had an offense. Had they had an offense like this one, someone needed to be in a belltower chanting in that annoying Mass. voice..."The Ravens Are Coming, The Ravens Are Coming....! Here comes the pain. "Bill A Checks" not so Krafty after this coming azzwhopping. Here Comes The Pain!!!! Brady will go down...consistently. No running game with your boys either!

In you first post you sounded passive aggressive. Get ready for the pain but then good luck to you guys etc. So you were at least a little bit balanced; but then you write this post and I'm wondering since when did Toga start writing for the Ravens? Normally I would just ignore a post like this but you sound so much like Toga. Are you Toga? 

Oh yeah, and here are the stats for the over-vaunted-as-usual Ravens for overall D according to ESPN.

7New England787262.3522174.026588.35016.7
    8Baltimore848282.7695231.715351.05317.7

I guess when the Pats start giving up 40 more yards a game and a full point overall on D then they'll be as good as the Ravens. Until then we'll just have to take your word for it your team is better..number 8.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Leon64, what happened to 61,62, and 63? BANNED!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Pete, come on and admit it...you're really Dribs in drag!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Truely I can see you have been warped by a game that needs a 7th inning "stretch". Seems to me you were of those select few that have never witnessed a great lax game, cuz if you did, there would be no way you could sit through a vanilla Suzy Homemaker Basebore game again. Now I know your Socks are another "Buy It Now" team like the Yanks so I guess I can understand. As far as old D. Keep your eye on 52, 55, 96, and 97 and maybe 20. You can't miss them, as they will be on top of Mr Gimp all day long. The sun has set on the Cheaters Empire...! Ravenous

I love it when a fan gets excited after beating up on the Browns.  You beat the Browns man.  Relax already.  52, 55, 96, 97....for a second there I thought you were giving me the ages of the starting D.  Flaco is over rated and so is your whole team.  And by the way, shouldn't Lewis be in jail?  Never mind telling us that the Pats cheat.  You root for the real bad guys.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolinagrad. Show carolinagrad's posts

I am huge Pat's fan that now lives in Baltimore area. I think the PAT's will win but the Ravens through excellent drafts and a different coaching staff are a completely different team then we played in 07. They are better then the team that advanced to the AFC championship last year. Here are my observations:

1. I am very worried about their offense. They have three very good running backs and a young very athletic, fast, offensive line. That line was not in place when we played them in 07.

2. Ron Jaworski on PTI just called Flacco a stud. I agree. He is mobile, accurate, and has a rocket for a arm

3. For the Pats the Ravens secondary is suspect. I see Brady picking them apart. Moss and Welker will have huge games. They miss Rex Ryan.

Home crowd will be the difference for the Pats in a very close game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Your boys are not the same signal stealing elite as they were in 2007. Hell, you got beat by the f'in jets...the Jets..with a rookie quarterback. Stop living in the past. Brady is not the same and is on the downside of a great career. Half of your team is somewhere else. The Falcons were overated to start with. Remember this, in '07, the Ravens never had an offense. Had they had an offense like this one, someone needed to be in a belltower chanting in that annoying Mass. voice..."The Ravens Are Coming, The Ravens Are Coming....! Here comes the pain. "Bill A Checks" not so Krafty after this coming azzwhopping. Here Comes The Pain!!!! Brady will go down...consistently. No running game with your boys either!

OK, I'll say it: MED CHECK TIME!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

baltimoreon

Sometimes screen names are particularly apt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

[QUOTE]We will see on Sunday, Ravens beat the best pass offense in the AFC on the road in week two the Chargers 450 of the offensive yards allowed in that win.  But you cement heads don't seem to focus on that.  That win in a shootout that your team would've been incapable of inflates our ESPN numbers that you love to spout in blow nation or sux nation or patriarch nation or squeeler nation or whatever the bleepin nation the national (or Conn.) media chooses to anoint.  All I know is that you can whine all you want the Ravens are a team on the way up, I hope you can't name a damn player on our team now, you will after the games over and start having your foodman owner plotting to get a couple of them in free agency in a year or two.  Don't matter to us, we will just draft more.  Adailius who?  
    Posted by baltimoreon[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to insinuate that the Chargers have the second best pass rush in the AFC?  They have the second to last DEFENSE in the whole AFC and have totaled just 3 sacks all year. Just slightly ahead of the Texans.  Scary! Please check your facts and learn to put a couple of sentences together before you start to criticize that best fans in the world.  You guys wouldn't even have a team if you didn't steal them anyway.  Did you even realize that your name is Baltimoreon, as in Baltimor-on?  What is in the water down there? 

Go Pats!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

[QUOTE]baltimoreon Sometimes screen names are particularly apt.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I love it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 585971nflchampions. Show 585971nflchampions's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : I love it!
    Posted by soxfan33928[/QUOTE]

A little history lesson. Baltimore along with Green Bay were the best franchises in the late 1950's to early 1970's. The Baltimore Colts sold out every game in that time period. An out of town owner bought and destroyed the franchise and in the middle of the night moved it to Indy. Baltimore tried to get an expansion team. Despite our heritage,  franchises were given to Jacksonville (which has been a disaster) and Carolina. We had no chance to get back in the NFL if we didn't get another team. After what we went through that is not the way any one in Baltimore wanted to get a franchise. BUT WE WERE GIVEN NO CHOICE ! The Baltimore Colts were a succesful franchise before the Boston Patriots. Predictably the Ravens have sold out every game since their inception in 1996. Cleveland got a team and their colors back. Our colors and records are now in Indy. You have a great franchise that draws from a large region. Baltimore is a great football town that draws from a small area sandwiched between Washington and Philadelphia..

Sections
Shortcuts