3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain

Pete21784,

There's no doubt the Ravens are a good team but you have to admit they haven't been tested yet. They've been throwing up numbers against two of the worst teams in the NFL and if Nanee (not sure of spelling) knows how to run upfield they lose the Charger game.
    The Pats are home, they have Welker back, Brady is almost back in form after the injury and the Ravens are 17 against the pass. 
    I think you're nervous as hell because you know the Pats are going to have a breakout game and you're afraid it's going to be this week. 

I think you're right

38-21

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Lesbian Pete Wearing a Bikini

In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Lesbian Pete Wearing a Bikini:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : SteelCurtain: Could you even imagine a Rooney owned club having this kind of Black Cloud in it's organization. We both know the answer to that! Two things are for sure; #1) The Steelers will rebound. We in Baltimore know this and respect it. The talk shows here were all commenting on this only adding to the verocity of the next Steeler game against their next opponent. #2) The "Road" to the AFC championship goes through the AFC North, again! Baltimore and Pittsburgh are the games to watch. One of the best rivals in the NFL. The AFC East is soft as is the AFC West. With the exception of Indy, the AFC South is NBD either. Look for the Ravens and Steelers to fight it out for the AFC title, again. The Pats will be out of it by mid December! Go Ravens Ravenous Posted by pete21784 LOL! what team did the Steelers lose to? The Bengals? Yep. You can't beat that team. You guys got pummeled in the 07 season. 5-11? Yep that's right. Your team fail. FAIL!!!!!!!!!! Check out the headline I did!
    Posted by Patsdateam[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Pats didn't play in the AFC Championship last year. It was an AFC North Championship. We lost but at least we made it there. Keep counting the Bengals out...and soon you'll see the error of your ways. This team should be 3-0, albeit a turn over or two. Carson Palmer is in great form this year and their defense is good as well. Check back in a few weeks to get spanked! GO RAVENS!

Ravenous

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-LITE. Show K-LITE's posts

We'll see Pete! The Ravens have played NO ONE so far!

I hope your around after the game Sunday?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain:
    [QUOTE]blah blah blah we all know if your team loses on Sunday you wont be here to back up your words cause your just a punk
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

Drink a glass of warm milk and pray you won't have to look at yourself in the morning. What a lame post... get your homework done, NOW!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

[QUOTE]Pete21784, There's no doubt the Ravens are a good team but you have to admit they haven't been tested yet. They've been throwing up numbers against two of the worst teams in the NFL and if Nanee (not sure of spelling) knows how to run upfield they lose the Charger game. The Pats are home, they have Welker back, Brady is almost back in form after the injury and the Ravens are 17 against the pass.  I think you're nervous as hell because you know the Pats are going to have a breakout game and you're afraid it's going to be this week.  I think you're right 38-21
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Sam  - You all read stats well. But you have not seen the "Big Elephant"...unitl you come to the Circus, so to speak. The Ravens are not even close to the team that went to the AFC Championship....they are much better than that and have an explosive offense, as you will see. Brady will not very comfortable in that pocket and he will be chased out of it all day long. The only thing I may agree with you on is the score. Baltimore 38, Pats 28. GO RAVENS!

Ravenous

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

[QUOTE]We'll see Pete! The Ravens have played NO ONE so far! I hope your around after the game Sunday?
    Posted by K-LITE[/QUOTE]

Look for me right after the last whistle blows.....! This has been a hoot! Gotta love it! GO RAVENS!

Ravenous

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Look for me right after the last whistle blows.....! This has been a hoot! Gotta love it! GO RAVENS! Ravenous
    Posted by pete21784[/QUOTE]still an idiot troll

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain :   I can't argue with you on this point, Jbolted.  The way the Steelers pass defense is playing right now, I'm just glad San Diego doesn't still have Drew Breese, the Chargers would probably put 100 points on the board! As for he New England-Baltimore game, it should be a good one! In my opinion, I think Tom Brady will turn it up a notch this week! And if Wes Welker returns, look out! Could possibly be a preview of the AFC Championship game this year. The Chargers have the talent to go all the way, but I have my doubts with Norv Turner being the head coach.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Curtains,
    Norv does call questionable plays at times. Rivers has been as sharp as Ive ever seen him thus far. My take on NE/BALT: Baltimore can be beaten, to be sure. In the SD home opener, Norv chose to kick a field goal with 10 seconds left in the half on 3rd down. I did boo the decision along with 67000 friends at the sell out crowd. The Ravens were torched for 436 in the air that day. The two young DBs were getting schooled all day long. I think Brady can do the same. The key to this game is the trench warfare. The DTs on BAL are awesome. if I were NE, I would use misdirection and run outside. Make the 350 pounders breath heavy.
    I noticed NE is throwing short alot this year as well. I would air it out in this one, isolating the young DBs when they play man. Running up the gut will not work for NE in this game IMO. I know its a team game, but i think Brady will out play Flacco, being the difference in this one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : still an idiot troll
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE]

Flaccid - What's up with the Troll BS. Must be  Chowder Head thing! Thanks for the angry comeback...it was expected!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Flaccid - What's up with the Troll BS. Must be  Chowder Head thing! Thanks for the angry comeback...it was expected!
    Posted by pete21784[/QUOTE]Still a troll. Don't they have a newspaper in Baltimore. I expect that you will disappear after Sundaylike your pathetic Orioles.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

In Response to 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain:
    [QUOTE]Well after going through that weak competition so far, the "Bill A Checks" will be facing a real team in our 3-0 Ravens, who average over 31 points in the last three games. If you thought Ryan's boys were tough on your Golden Boy, just wait until you see the Ravens D. It will be a good game and a test for both teams. If we can move Tommy out of the pocket, which we do so well, it may be a long day for him. Bet you're the underdogs in this one as well. Anyway, we all love our home teams, so with that, Go Ravens and good luck to the Pats Ravenous
    Posted by pete21784[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the comic relief.... Maybe you should try a real profession, maybe scooping out the stalls at a dairy farm?  At least there would be a valid reason for your ideas to be nothing but sh-T!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Flaccid - What's up with the Troll BS. Must be  Chowder Head thing! Thanks for the angry comeback...it was expected!

You mean "Flacco". Why are you dissing your own QB like that. 

He has been playing very well...against teams that are a combined 2-7.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Sam  - You all read stats well. But you have not seen the "Big Elephant"...unitl you come to the Circus, so to speak. The Ravens are not even close to the team that went to the AFC Championship....they are much better than that and have an explosive offense, as you will see. Brady will not very comfortable in that pocket and he will be chased out of it all day long. The only thing I may agree with you on is the score. Baltimore 38, Pats 28. GO RAVENS! Ravenous

Pete:

Having followed Ray Lewis' career since he was at the University of Miami (where I still believe that he got gypped in the awarding of the Butkus Award), I know very well how good he is as a motivational leader (Note: even Warren Sapp shut his mouth when Ray was around roaming the Hurricane sidelines) as well as being one of the great MLB's of all time in pro-football.

That being said: while Ray imay be 20lbs. lighter than in 2008, he is 34 years old with all the wear and tear that entails (meaning: he is one step slower than he once was - which may be all that Brady needs). The proof of that is in his latest contract with the Ravens: in which, while the team recognizes his intangibles and the contract runs into 2015, it is supposed to be highly incentive-laden.

Finally, it isn't like Brady & Co. hasn't faced a Ray Lewis-led defense before; the Pats have faced the Ravens various times in the regular season this decade and has had their way with them. Is there a first time for everything moment in the cards where the Ravens finally beat Brady? Yes, there is a first time for everything but - not this year!

Good luck on Sunday!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The fail

In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The fail:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The fail : Nice post! Here is what you do not know. When you see Lewis, he will be 20 lbs less than his playing weight last year and is that much quicker. He will surprise the likes that take to the old cliche "he has lost a step". What Lewis also brings is the ability to have others around him, aspire to higher levels. Believe me, just ask Bart Scott, he'll be the first to tell you that Lewis is the greatest motivator and smartest linebacker he ever played with. You may not like Ray (and there are times when Ray needs to keep his mouth shut, even in his home town), but after this game, you all will learn just what he brings to any game. Derrick Mason is not a marquee style receiver, but just one that gets it done, week after week. He also will have plenty of yards in this game as well. The real factor will be Flacco. He is everything Brady was when he came into the league years ago. The guy is very smart, reads well, and has great pocket awareness and a rocket arm to boot. Ravenous

Pete, I respect the Ravens. I love them to death, but they don't match up well against the Patriots. I know that Rey Lewis is a great motivator and a damn good leader, but Wes Welker is fast and rested. Lewis won't keep up. I know what kind of player Derrick Mason is, he's exactly what Brady had in Deion Branch. Mason will still be shut out of the game. Let me reiterate the receivers that the Pats' defense have shut-out. T.O, Lee Evans, Roddy White, and Cotchery. They are all better receivers than Mason. The Pats will mostly focus on stopping the running game. I think last week Brady finally woke up at the end of the game, he flashed what he showed us in the Buffalo game and in 2007. Look for Taylor and Morris to get the running game going, early. Then expect some deep passes to Randy Moss. Galloway will be a non-factor because Brady won't throw to Ed Reed's side. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Oh, yes. Here comes the pain. For your overrated birds that is. You're not playing KC or cleveland this week, Bubaleh. The Ravens have never beaten the Pats, ever and you won't this week, either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Pete: Having followed Ray Lewis' career since he was at the University of Miami (where I still believe that he got gypped in the awarding of the Butkus Award), I know very well how good he is as a motivational leader (Note: even Warren Sapp shut his mouth when Ray was around roaming the Hurricane sidelines) as well as being one of the great MLB's of all time in pro-football. That being said: while Ray imay be 20lbs. lighter than in 2008, he is 34 years old with all the wear and tear that entails (meaning: he is one step slower than he once was - which may be all that Brady needs). The proof of that is in his latest contract with the Ravens: in which, while the team recognizes his intangibles and the contract runs into 2015, it is supposed to be highly incentive-laden. Finally, it isn't like Brady & Co. hasn't faced a Ray Lewis-led defense before; the Pats have faced the Ravens various times in the regular season this decade and has had their way with them. Is there a first time for everything moment in the cards where the Ravens finally beat Brady? Yes, there is a first time for everything but - not this year! Good luck on Sunday!
    Posted by Belenus555[/QUOTE]

Belenus555 - Thanks for the post. Here is the big difference. This year, it is not just the defense alone, as it was years prior. As you will see Sunday, the Ravens can score and score they will. If Brady tosses a TD, We'll toss on right back. In the past, we never  had an offense, just a good field goal kicker. That combo won us a Super Bowl, but this year, to the huge surprise of even us die hard fans, this team can move the ball on anyone. They have similarities that resembled your team years ago, in that there is not a superstar on the "team", but it is a team that plays to get the task done.

Here in Baltimore, we have our concerns about Fabian Washington as well as Foxworth. Neither are tall or studs, so to speak. Moss is a great receiver and has fit in wellwith Brady. Welker is Welker and always a force to reckon with. This will not be a low scoring game by any sense of the word. Again, this is not the same Ravens team that you played uyears prior. As far as the KC game, theRavens did not allow a first down until midway int the third quarter. One blocked punt and a fluke interception put them on the board, other wise the Ravens lit them up with over 500+ yds of offense. Cleveland is Cleveland and San Diego was a good game as both teams aired it out all day. I will not yield in my opinion, but do respect yours. Brady will falter Sunday. Too much pressure from our D and our running game will open the passing game up even faster. Good Luck To You As Well. GO RAVENS!

Ravenous

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ravens-2009. Show Ravens-2009's posts

I'm a sportstalk show host, in Baltimore.  On week's prior to a game, I'll visit websites, message boards and blog forums frequented by fans in the opposing city.  This week, I'm obviously reading posts by Patriots fans.

I've read this entire thread and wanted to comment on a few posts, without the rancid propoganda stirred up by contentious wanna-be's.  Be assured, I have no interest in trying to offend or alienate any Patriots fans.  This is your board .....

But, I'd like to cite the following .....

- The Patriots are the "standard" for other teams to follow, over the last decade.  Tom Brady is nothing short of a legendary quarterback and Bil Belichick is probably the most astute mind in the game.  Those who call the Patriots "cheaters" are simply looking for an excuse.

- A few Patriots fans have referred to beating the "2007 Ravens."  This is not an accurate comparison of the current franchise.  They've added Joe Flacco, LeRon McClain, Ray Rice, Domonique Foxworth, Michael Oher and Jared Gaither.  And, the likes of Haloti Ngata, Willis McGahee and the rejuvenated Todd Heap.

However, the biggest change, since 2007, is John Harbaugh.  If you don't think a Head Coach makes a difference, simply look at the best in the game - Bill Belichick.  Coach Harbaugh emulates many of Coach Belichick's principles.

- The Patriots are still a very dangerous team.  They'll benefit from the homefield advantage and I think this really helps Brady, when the Ravens employ many of the dynamic defensive schemes used by the Jets a couple weeks ago.  The quiet atmosphere will really help the Patriots offense, as much as it hindered it, in the Meadowlands.

-  Don't underestimate the Ravens Defensive Unit.  They were lackluster against the Chargers, but started to reveal that famous swagger and pursuit against the Browns.  Yeah, it was the Browns - but they still have a very stout O-Line.  The Ravens are very familiar with schemes used by the Jets, a couple weeks ago.  Who do you think taught them?

-  But, it's still NOT the Ravens Defense we've feared in past seasons.  In fact, I've worried that Philip Rivers and Norv Turner created the perfect blueprint for the Patriots.  That game really served as the "crack" in the Ravens armor.  No doubt, Coach Belichick will exploit the weaknesses - and he won't make the same passive mistakes as Norv Turner.

-  Lastly, this is my most cautionary suggestion - this current Ravens Offensive Unit can hit the scorebaord with the Patriots.  I have no doubt about that.  In fact (and I don't mean to disrespect Patriots faithful), I don't think the Patriots Defense can stop the Ravens "3 Headed Monster" running game, or Flacco's arm. 

-  It will come down to this ..... "Can the Ravens Pressure Brady?"  If so, they'll win.  If not, they'll lose.  It's that simple.  Thanks for reading.  My name is Rex Snider and I'm on-air at WNST.net

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmorecityboy. Show bmorecityboy's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a sportstalk show host, in Baltimore.  On week's prior to a game, I'll visit websites, message boards and blog forums frequented by fans in the opposing city.  This week, I'm obviously reading posts by Patriots fans. I've read this entire thread and wanted to comment on a few posts, without the rancid propoganda stirred up by contentious wanna-be's.  Be assured, I have no interest in trying to offend or alienate any Patriots fans.  This is your board ..... But, I'd like to cite the following ..... - The Patriots are the "standard" for other teams to follow, over the last decade.  Tom Brady is nothing short of a legendary quarterback and Bil Belichick is probably the most astute mind in the game.  Those who call the Patriots "cheaters" are simply looking for an excuse. - A few Patriots fans have referred to beating the "2007 Ravens."  This is not an accurate comparison of the current franchise.  They've added Joe Flacco, LeRon McClain, Ray Rice, Domonique Foxworth, Michael Oher and Jared Gaither.  And, the likes of Haloti Ngata, Willis McGahee and the rejuvenated Todd Heap. However, the biggest change, since 2007, is John Harbaugh.  If you don't think a Head Coach makes a difference, simply look at the best in the game - Bill Belichick.  Coach Harbaugh emulates many of Coach Belichick's principles. - The Patriots are still a very dangerous team.  They'll benefit from the homefield advantage and I think this really helps Brady, when the Ravens employ many of the dynamic defensive schemes used by the Jets a couple weeks ago.  The quiet atmosphere will really help the Patriots offense, as much as it hindered it, in the Meadowlands. -  Don't underestimate the Ravens Defensive Unit.  They were lackluster against the Chargers, but started to reveal that famous swagger and pursuit against the Browns.  Yeah, it was the Browns - but they still have a very stout O-Line.  The Ravens are very familiar with schemes used by the Jets, a couple weeks ago.  Who do you think taught them? -  But, it's still NOT the Ravens Defense we've feared in past seasons.  In fact, I've worried that Philip Rivers and Norv Turner created the perfect blueprint for the Patriots.  That game really served as the "crack" in the Ravens armor.  No doubt, Coach Belichick will exploit the weaknesses - and he won't make the same passive mistakes as Norv Turner. -  Lastly, this is my most cautionary suggestion - this current Ravens Offensive Unit can hit the scorebaord with the Patriots.  I have no doubt about that.  In fact (and I don't mean to disrespect Patriots faithful), I don't think the Patriots Defense can stop the Ravens "3 Headed Monster" running game, or Flacco's arm.  -  It will come down to this ..... "Can the Ravens Pressure Brady?"  If so, they'll win.  If not, they'll lose.  It's that simple.  Thanks for reading.  My name is Rex Snider and I'm on-air at WNST.net
    Posted by Ravens-2009[/QUOTE]
    Naw...your new Name is Benedict..........Benedict Arnold......fraternizing with the enemy.......throw your middle finger up high....to the New england faithful.....lol...just joking.... I think that you are 100% right ...no pressure no win......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Nice research job, Baron! I love it when some bigmouth troll,  bad-mouthing the pats, gets blown up! 
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Blown up by these stats....?!! Get your Chowder Head out of that maple tree bucket jarhead. Surely, do you think you were the first squelcher to try this. Seems like when the real lowlife fans get so frustrated, they attack the municipality. Wow imagine the genius in that. Going on Wikipedia and quoting stats. All cities have crimes, plain and simple. Based on that, would you say that flying out of Logan may have you flying into a large building.... what a lame post... Gomer Pyle.. SIR YES SIR!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

We won! In yo face, punks! AwYEAH!

Sections
Shortcuts