3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain

Well after going through that weak competition so far, the "Bill A Checks" will be facing a real team in our 3-0 Ravens, who average over 31 points in the last three games. If you thought Ryan's boys were tough on your Golden Boy, just wait until you see the Ravens D. It will be a good game and a test for both teams. If we can move Tommy out of the pocket, which we do so well, it may be a long day for him. Bet you're the underdogs in this one as well. Anyway, we all love our home teams, so with that, Go Ravens and good luck to the Pats

Ravenous

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain

Wait a minute, isn't that what people just said about the Falcons?  That they were an undefeated 2-0 team?  And then the Falcons basically melted in the Gilette rain?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Only time will tell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I think the fact that we already played the baltimore jets in week 2 will help us the 2nd time around.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Ravens are now 2-0 against 0-3 Kansas City and against 0-3 Cleveland.  Far better than losing to the league's weaklings, I guess.  Then their third win came down to a last-second play. 

You don't work for CBS, do you?  Hyperinflating the AFC "Big Game" of the week every week?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain:
    [QUOTE]Well after going through that weak competition so far, the "Bill A Checks" will be facing a real team in our 3-0 Ravens, who average over 31 points in the last three games. If you thought Ryan's boys were tough on your Golden Boy, just wait until you see the Ravens D. It will be a good game and a test for both teams. If we can move Tommy out of the pocket, which we do so well, it may be a long day for him. Bet you're the underdogs in this one as well. Anyway, we all love our home teams, so with that, Go Ravens and good luck to the Pats Ravenous
    Posted by pete21784[/QUOTE]

You talk about weak competition?  How about those 0-3 Chiefs and 0-3 Browns, two of the teams the vaunted Ravens have beaten?  The Ravens' 3-0 is pretty meaningless. 

Seems to me the last time that great Ravens' defense faced the Patriots, the Patriots won.  Maybe you remember the game?  December 2007 in Baltimore?  I was there, and you have never seen such a quiet stadium and so many deflated fans as when Brady threw that last second touchdown to Gaffney.  If the Ravens can't beat the Patriots in Baltimore, why do you think they can beat them in Foxborough? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Why is that you were no where to be found on this board the last time we bit@ch slapped your team around in 2007. You have to wait until your team is 3-0 to come on this board; or maybe you just became a Ravens fan this year?

You should have waited until they sealed the deal. My guess this is your first and last post; when the Patriots walk all over your ravens you'll never be back again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Hey Pete .....p.iss off !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

Your boys are not the same signal stealing elite as they were in 2007. Hell, you got beat by the f'in jets...the Jets..with a rookie quarterback. Stop living in the past. Brady is not the same and is on the downside of a great career. Half of your team is somewhere else. The Falcons were overated to start with. Remember this, in '07, the Ravens never had an offense. Had they had an offense like this one, someone needed to be in a belltower chanting in that annoying Mass. voice..."The Ravens Are Coming, The Ravens Are Coming....! Here comes the pain. "Bill A Checks" not so Krafty after this coming azzwhopping. Here Comes The Pain!!!! Brady will go down...consistently. No running game with your boys either!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Well after going through that weak competition so far, the "Bill A Checks" will be facing a real team in our 3-0 Ravens, who average over 31 points in the last three games. If you thought Ryan's boys were tough on your Golden Boy, just wait until you see the Ravens D. It will be a good game and a test for both teams. If we can move Tommy out of the pocket, which we do so well, it may be a long day for him. Bet you're the underdogs in this one as well. Anyway, we all love our home teams, so with that, Go Ravens and good luck to the Pats Ravenous

Will definitely be a good test for the Patriots. The Ravens have a much tougher pass rush than the the Falcons - and have some pretty good safeties, corners, and linebackers who can cover.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain:
    [QUOTE]Your boys are not the same signal stealing elite as they were in 2007. Hell, you got beat by the f'in jets...the Jets..with a rookie quarterback. Stop living in the past. Brady is not the same and is on the downside of a great career. Half of your team is somewhere else. The Falcons were overated to start with. Remember this, in '07, the Ravens never had an offense. Had they had an offense like this one, someone needed to be in a belltower chanting in that annoying Mass. voice..."The Ravens Are Coming, The Ravens Are Coming....! Here comes the pain. "Bill A Checks" not so Krafty after this coming azzwhopping. Here Comes The Pain!!!! Brady will go down...consistently. No running game with your boys either!

First of all, the Jets defense is better than the Ravens' D. The Jets' have a younger, faster, and stronger defense. I can't even name any of the Ravens DBs besides Ed Reed.

Brodie Croyle, KC (Not even the starter): 16-24, 177 Yards, 2TDs, 0 INTs
    Philip Rivers, SD : 25-45, 456 Yards, 2TDs, 2 INTs
    Browns' QBs: They suk.

Imagine what Brady and his boys are going to do to that defense. 

Btw, We do have a running game, as advertised yesterday. If O'brien sticks to it other teams will see it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Great post you dope.
    Do make sure you come back and post next monday after your Ravens get kicked in the dirt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I was dragged kicking and screaming and tied to a chair to watch the Ravens against the Browns. I know the Ravens are good but the Browns are probably the worst team in the NFL. 
    The Ravens defense against the Browns offense (?) is the mismatch of the century. Regardless, we'll have to be much better than yesterday to beat the Ravens. Go Pats!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fargo. Show Fargo's posts

Pete: Some people think Ray Lewis is the most over-rated player in the history of the NFL. I completely disagree. I think he's in the top 5 of most over-rated players, but not #1. Thoughts?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Pete: Some people think Ray Lewis is the most over-rated player in the history of the NFL. I completely disagree. I think he's in the top 5 of most over-rated players, but not #1. Thoughts?
    Posted by Fargo[/QUOTE]

Woohhhhhhh!!! Rey Lewis is one of the best LBs to ever play his position. He has been the heart and soul of that Ravens' D for years. Some people are just stupid. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

The Pats vs. Ravens matchups during this decade has been brains vs. brawn, and just like in the past: Pats' brainy approach will overcome the Ravens' brawny approach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I'm personally glad they are playing a tough Ravens D similar to the Jets. They need to get better at playing teams that really try  pressure the QB and the only way is to play good teams. Brady has to start playing better. He left a lot of points out there again yesterday. I'm more encgouraged that the Pats D seems to be improving each game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

Not for anything Pete  but why are you on Boston.com?  Are you that bored that you have to join our chat?  Isn't there an Orioles game on or something?  Perhaps you can go watch Mike Phelps take a lap or two at the pool. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

The Jets defense is mediocre at best...you guys just don't have it anymore, like you once did and you know it. The Patriots time has come and gone. Not being able to steal signals has cost you the last couple of years. Defensively, the Ravens only have one of the best front four in the game, Pro Bowl linebackers Lewis and Suggs, Jarret Johnson could start for any team in the league and Landry and Reed are at the top of their game. I couldn't name 2 player on the "Bill A Checks" if you paid me. Red Zones against this defense, turns into Dead Zones for the opposing teams. Brady won't be so healthy after his coming sacks either. Don't get me wrong here, I rooted for your boys in the SB when the "run" started years ago...but that was years ago. You have a mediocre team and fans living in the past. It will be a hard pill to swallow come Sunday cuz...Here Comes The Pain!

Ravenous

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Not for anything Pete  but why are you on Boston.com?  Are you that bored that you have to join our chat?  Isn't there an Orioles game on or something?  Perhaps you can go watch Mike Phelps take a lap or two at the pool. 
    Posted by soxfan33928[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the game that is as exciting as "watching paint dry", Basebore??? Down in the MD area that game was passed over by lacrosse 10 years ago. This is the Lax capital of the world. Pee on baseball. Nice try, pal.

Ravenous

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

We shall see....we shall see...as to the Ravens dreams of beating top flight teams when it counts and winning the Super Bowl, I'll paraphrase Edgar Allan Poe and tell the immortal Raven of his poem: Nevermore!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Oddly enough, it's the Ravens' offense that concerns me. That vaunted defense we've been hearing so much about has looked decidedly beatable against a couple of marginal AFC Worst teams and . . .  well they looked good against Cleveland, for whatever that's worth.

This game will proabably be a shootout.

Me?

I'm not taking Joe Flaccid against the Golden Boy in a shootout.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjcmd. Show pjcmd's posts

I'm a Pats fan in MD ... I root for the Ravens when they're not playing the Pats.

A few thoughts:

- Ravens defense is good, but not what it used to be;  their secondary is pretty awful (Ed Reed can't do it by himself).

- Ravens offense is very, very good.  Flacco is the real deal.  So is Ray Rice.  Kelly Washington can catch the ball but glad he's gone -- he does a Leslie Nielsen celebration every time he does.  This will be our toughest game of the year and we'll meet them again in the playoffs (and as often occurs, it will be better than the Super Bowl).

- Ravens do not beat themselves anymore; which they routinely did for years (until Brian Billick left)

- No, Ray Lewis is not overrated.  The guy brings it week after week.  

- Two weeks in a row, I've yelled at the Pats defense the whole game only to look at what they produced as a whole and say ... "well, that was pretty good".

- Brady will be fine.  Once he and the receivers get on the same page, we'll be looking at blowouts again.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Should be a great test for both teams.  Hope the Ravens aren't too confident.  They have to remember we are a much better team than the one's the Ravens have faced thus far.  People aren't giving our defense much credit, but they are actually playing better than the offense, if you ask me.  This should be, in the words of the world famouse Jim Ross, a real slobberknocker!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Considering Rivers and the Bolts torched your defense pretty good and the Ravens have not faced a defense playing as well as the Pats' lately, we shall see.  This is game 4 and the Pats O has been improving so the Ravens may have their hands full.

Sections
Shortcuts