3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain

In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Are you referring to the game that is as exciting as "watching paint dry", Basebore??? Down in the MD area that game was passed over by lacrosse 10 years ago. This is the Lax capital of the world. Pee on baseball. Nice try, pal. Ravenous
    Posted by pete21784[/QUOTE]

Lax?  You gotta come stronger than that son.  Do you play cricket too?  I guess you don't have a real newspaper either then.  Because you gotta put your two cents in here.  The Ravens are the only thing you got going on there.  Unfortunately for you, we are going to take that away too.  As for the Jets D, you must be crazy.  They are good and I would take the Jets over the Ravens any day.  The Ravens are old on D and Brady is just getting warmed up.  You better be careful, because the fall from the bandwagon is rough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

[QUOTE]The Jets defense is mediocre at best...you guys just don't have it anymore, like you once did and you know it. The Patriots time has come and gone. Not being able to steal signals has cost you the last couple of years. Defensively, the Ravens only have one of the best front four in the game, Pro Bowl linebackers Lewis and Suggs, Jarret Johnson could start for any team in the league and Landry and Reed are at the top of their game. I couldn't name 2 player on the "Bill A Checks" if you paid me. Red Zones against this defense, turns into Dead Zones for the opposing teams. Brady won't be so healthy after his coming sacks either. Don't get me wrong here, I rooted for your boys in the SB when the "run" started years ago...but that was years ago. You have a mediocre team and fans living in the past. It will be a hard pill to swallow come Sunday cuz...Here Comes The Pain! Ravenous

LOL! What pain? The so-called "D" is not going anywhere but backward because Brady can push you and your D around with his eyes closed. And Joey? You make me laugh! Yes the pain will come... to you! We have won the last couple of games against the Ravens. We are not afraid to do it again!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsnut4. Show sportsnut4's posts

I think I feel more confidant of a Pats victory over Baltimore than I did over Atlanta.  Offensively the Falcons are far more explosive than the Ravens who rolled up points and yardage against very weak teams.  The Pats offense was supposed to carry the defense until it gelled.  Actually, the defense has been better than most people thought and it is the offense that has taken time to generate points in the red zone.  I think they took a step in the right direction yesterday and it is only time until they start to punch it in for seven points.  I think Sunday is going to be a great game and the Pats will win by 10.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Wes Welker!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I noticed a couple things posted here I have to comment on... First, the Patriots are 2-1 after playing two teams that at this point look like they will at least sniff the playoffs and Buffalo is a work in progress that will improve if they ever decide to dump their coach. (he is nearly as bad as Norv the brain dead coach in San Diego.)
    Second... I noticed someone mentioned Ray Lewis as bing the most over rated LB in NFL history or something like that. Ok, I hope he was just kidding around because that would be a pretty dumb thing to say. Now is he the guy he use to be? NO WAY! But he is still a very serviceable LB that could make any teams LB corps better. He was for a three year span the most prolific LB in the NFL at his position.  That's enough for me to admit he was once one of the best ever but I do not like the man. Two seperate issues great player not a good man in my opinion. 

And also, The Ravens might be 3-0 but they have played two of the 4 worst teams in football in Cleveland and K.C, with Detroit and Oakland rounding out that list. I doubt K.C. will be that bad come next year. I could see them taking the AFC West in a season or two.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Yes, that's right..  3 - 0 against the 0-3 Chiefs (barely) and Browns and winning a close one in the dying moments against the Chargers, a team whose passing attack torched your Ravens.

Living here in MD, I too could only watch the Browns/Ravens game and that was not a test at all for the Ravens.  Sheesh.. the INTs the Ravens had were not really great plays as the passes looked more like they were made to the D-backs than to the Browns receivers.  The Pats, on the other hand, pretty much dominated a 2 - 0 Falcons team that many thought would have torched the Pats D.  This game wil be a test as to whether or not the Ravens are for real, given who they have played to date.  If you come back and talk of the Jets game, well, Brady did not play well at all and the Jets were pumped and at home.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Lax?  You gotta come stronger than that son.  Do you play cricket too?  I guess you don't have a real newspaper either then.  Because you gotta put your two cents in here.  The Ravens are the only thing you got going on there.  Unfortunately for you, we are going to take that away too.  As for the Jets D, you must be crazy.  They are good and I would take the Jets over the Ravens any day.  The Ravens are old on D and Brady is just getting warmed up.  You better be careful, because the fall from the bandwagon is rough.
    Posted by soxfan33928[/QUOTE]

Truely I can see you have been warped by a game that needs a 7th inning "stretch". Seems to me you were of those select few that have never witnessed a great lax game, cuz if you did, there would be no way you could sit through a vanilla Suzy Homemaker Basebore game again. Now I know your Socks are another "Buy It Now" team like the Yanks so I guess I can understand.Money mouth

As far as old D. Keep your eye on 52, 55, 96, and 97 and maybe 20. You can't miss them, as they will be on top of Mr Gimp all day long. The sun has set on the Cheaters Empire...!

Ravenous

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NE-decade-of-my-dreams. Show NE-decade-of-my-dreams's posts

As far as old D. Keep your eye on 52, 55, 96, and 97 and maybe 20. You can't miss them, as they will be on top of Mr Gimp all day long. The sun has set on the Cheaters Empire...!

Here we go again... more trash talk from opposing teams' fans on Boston dot com. I think I'll take the high road on this one as the Belichick led Patriots have done since 2000. "Talk is cheap" As a great QB once said. The talking has to be done between the hash marks. That being said... The Ravens are a formidable opponent and we all know any NFL team can win on any given sunday. I'll give the Ravens thier due respect while watching the Patriots do what they always do... get better every week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NE-decade-of-my-dreams. Show NE-decade-of-my-dreams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Brady is one hit away from perm retirement. Just keep your fingers crossed cuz he is the only thing you have left from the Cheaters Brigade. Your team will not make the playoffs this year. Between having to play by the rules, having a gimp knee QB and a relatively poor defense, it is going to be a frightful season for the likes of the hangers on like yourself. Brady was a great QB, but his mind is still on his knee joint and not as much in the game. All it will take is him having a slight twist or hyper extension and his mind is done...as far as the game. Sure hope Haloti Gnata doesn't fall on it by "accident"....! Brady is going down Sunday...ALL DAY LONG...Here Comes The Pain!

Why dont you go to the Baltimore Sun website where people are going to agree with you? You are obviously getting some perverse enjoyment from attempting to rile up Patriots fans. We dont get riled up my friend... we enjoy these meaningless matchups with teams in the regular season till postseason comes, then we enjoy our home team doing what they do best... Win superbowls. Any other team got 3 superbowl rings this decade? Any other team even gotten there 3 times?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

I will guarantee everyone this:

if we don't fix our red zone offense, we will be 2-2 when this game is over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from robp78. Show robp78's posts

I am by no means saying the Ravens aren't a very good team but despite winnign the game didn't their defense give up about 500 yards of offense the one game they've played a decent offense in San Diego?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

"As far as old D. Keep your eye on 52, 55, 96, and 97 and maybe 20. You can't miss them, as they will be on top of Mr Gimp all day long. The sun has set on the Cheaters Empire...!" -RavenFan

I recall this defense throwing haymakers at the then undefeated Patriots in '07 and The Ravens still finished the game with a loss.
    I'll take Pete's "Cheaters" reference as more sour grapes and the "Empire" reference as respectful acknowledgement. 
    Best of luck to you too, Pete.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete21784. Show pete21784's posts

[QUOTE]Oddly enough, it's the Ravens' offense that concerns me. That vaunted defense we've been hearing so much about has looked decidedly beatable against a couple of marginal AFC Worst teams and . . .  well they looked good against Cleveland, for whatever that's worth. This game will proabably be a shootout. Me? I'm not taking Joe Flaccid against the Golden Boy in a shootout.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

You me the "Golden Gimp" or "Tommy New Bone"....Surprised

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NE-decade-of-my-dreams. Show NE-decade-of-my-dreams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : A "Gloating Cheater", go figure. Just think if the entire league stooped to this level. I guess we would all have multiple rings. You should be embarrased to post such bovine scatology! Ravenous

After footage from the actual tape was aired on FOX NFL Sunday on September 16, former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson claimed, "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us." Johnson also said, "Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don't know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this."[24]

The whole "cheater" thing is blown WAAAAY out of proportion by people like you who would have liked it if your team was half as good as the patriots have been. Once again... talk is cheap

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Woohhhhhhh!!! Rey Lewis is one of the best LBs to ever play his position. He has been the heart and soul of that Ravens' D for years. Some people are just stupid. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    I wonder if this guy has ever been spot checked for steriods. He seems to be in a permanent state of 'riod rage. Does he work out with merriman?  
    At 34, his days are numbered anyhow. He's barely averaging 5 tackles a game so far this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

" I do respectfully acknowledge the "Cheaters Empire". No sour grapes here either." -Pete

No sour grapes ? Had given you the benefit of the doubt, so we'll chalk it up to immaturity, then.

"I didn't see your boys in the last AFC championship game either" -Pete

Is that a "diss" of the Patriots back-up QB, Pete ? More immaturity or lack of a grip on reality ? Help me out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The Ravens have been mediocre at best on defense. The Patriots are far from dead. The defense has played well, and the offense is taking shape as we knew it would.  KC?, CL? and a gift as only Norv Turner can provide in SD great wins all. :roll eyes. 

Yup defying a sporting commisioner is a high crime...  It's is not now, nor was it illegal two years ago, or 5 or 10 years ago against any rule for a team to film from the sidelines.  Goodell's memorandum told teams they could not film.  The rule is against MEDIA.  The memorandum is not a rule it was never voted on by the rules committee.  Please take your moral crappola and shove it down your glorified thug's cake hole. But hey sending your posse after someone is a-ok isn't it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]The Jets defense is mediocre at best...you guys just don't have it anymore, like you once did and you know it. The Patriots time has come and gone. Not being able to steal signals has cost you the last couple of years. Defensively, the Ravens only have one of the best front four in the game, Pro Bowl linebackers Lewis and Suggs, Jarret Johnson could start for any team in the league and Landry and Reed are at the top of their game. I couldn't name 2 player on the "Bill A Checks" if you paid me. Red Zones against this defense, turns into Dead Zones for the opposing teams. Brady won't be so healthy after his coming sacks either. Don't get me wrong here, I rooted for your boys in the SB when the "run" started years ago...but that was years ago. You have a mediocre team and fans living in the past. It will be a hard pill to swallow come Sunday cuz...Here Comes The Pain! Ravenous

When you called the Jets' D mediocre you lost your credibility. If you think the Ravens have the better defense, you are wrong. 

Teams Stats:      PPG (Rank)         Tot points (Rank)      YPG (Rank) 

Ravens                17.7 (9th)             53 (9th)                282.7 (7th)
    Jets                     11 (2nd)               33 (2nd)               256.0 (3rd)

Well, maybe you guys beat out the Patriots. 
    Patriots                16.7 (7th)             50 (7th)                262.3 (5th) 

Also, you call the Chargers a "top Flight team"? Those clowns were one play away from losing to the Raiders. Your football IQ shows its depth when you said the Ravens have the best DL in football. You are wrong, the Giants have the best DL in football. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The fail

When suckish Pats haters like you think of the Pats, you think of cheating. Wow!
    Talk about a fail! The prissy ravens have a easy schedule this year, judging by the looks of it. We have a tough schedule, and we are going to come through!
    Go back to the trash heap you came from!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aces1. Show aces1's posts

Ahh, talk about the week scehdule.  Have the ravens beat anybody?  I mean besides your local high school girls flag football team!  OOOPS 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain:
    [QUOTE]Well after going through that weak competition so far, the "Bill A Checks" will be facing a real team in our 3-0 Ravens, who average over 31 points in the last three games. If you thought Ryan's boys were tough on your Golden Boy, just wait until you see the Ravens D. It will be a good game and a test for both teams. If we can move Tommy out of the pocket, which we do so well, it may be a long day for him. Bet you're the underdogs in this one as well. Anyway, we all love our home teams, so with that, Go Ravens and good luck to the Pats Ravenous

By pain, did you mean giving up over 400 yards passing and some lucky breaks like @SD? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Pats are 2-1 against teams with a combined record of 6-3. The Ravens are 3-0 against a combined record of 2-7. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : Brady is one hit away from perm retirement. Just keep your fingers crossed cuz he is the only thing you have left from the Cheaters Brigade. Your team will not make the playoffs this year. Between having to play by the rules, having a gimp knee QB and a relatively poor defense, it is going to be a frightful season for the likes of the hangers on like yourself. Brady was a great QB, but his mind is still on his knee joint and not as much in the game. All it will take is him having a slight twist or hyper extension and his mind is done...as far as the game. Sure hope Haloti Gnata doesn't fall on it by "accident"....! Brady is going down Sunday...ALL DAY LONG...Here Comes The Pain!

Pete.. I think some of these responses to your post are getting to you.  At first you came on sounding like a Raven's fan supporting their team with some trash talk.  Well, this post did not do you good.  You referred to "cheaters", something only a troll does when they can't come up with anything else to say and have to justify a team is not that good.  Claiming Brady is one hit away from retirement?  Aren't all players?  Brady "WAS" a great QB?  He puts Flaco to shame still and he is rusty.  And your last 2 lines.. truly troll-like and sounding a bit like someone who WANTS to see Brady hurt!  You did not do yourself good with this post.  Post this on the Sun chat pages.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-0 Ravens....Here Comes The Pain : ....A Top Fight Team, you are not. We played a top flight team in San Diego (that had 5 starters out and still passed for 436 against the vaunted Ravens D)and I believe we left them in the loss column as well. If you think Brady had a "meltdown" yesterday....just wait until Sunday! Here Comes The Pain!!!! Ravenous