3 1st rounders in 2012?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

3 1st rounders in 2012?

Do the Pats trade out of the 2nd round tomorrow for another 2012 1st round pick?

I wouldn't be surprised.  You have to figure BB is talking to teams looking for a QB at #33.  If the Pats stay at #33, I could see them picking Bowers.  We need to bolster the pass rush. Ayers is also a possibility, although he is a bit undersized at 6'2 for a Pats OLB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: 3 1st rounders in 2012?

i think the pats at least move back. i don't like the value at 33.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In 2015 the Patriots will own every last pick in the first round.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I say move back for a later 2nd and a 2nd next year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yup, no question they deal that pick to whomever wants andy dalton. maybe buffalo or cincy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

yhea for sure.
    one key for draft is "don't get desperate". Yhea we need pass rusher but any one of these guys will atleast take 2 years to develop, plus who knows what your need will be in the next two years. Thats why you take best value player. Draft is almost like a crapshoot with little over 50% chance for sucess (real fact) so the more guys you have around the more chance you have of finding a starter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from westga. Show westga's posts

What good are 3 first rounders in 2012, if 2 of them get traded down?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: 3 1st rounders in 2012?:
    What good are 3 first rounders in 2012, if 2 of them get traded down?  
    Posted by westga

Very short sighted comment.  Pat's are starting to show a pattern of using the higher 1st round pick, so there's the obvious advantage there.  As for consistantly pushing assets into next year, while that's certainly true, it's not like the Pats only get a 1st in 2012 for a first in 2011, they also get a 2nd rounder, which they will likely use.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

yup, no question they deal that pick to whomever wants andy dalton. maybe buffalo or cincy. 
    Posted by artielang

I wonder if somebody who needs (or wants) a quarterback -- like maybe San Francisco or . . .  I dunno . . .  Arizona -- might want to jump ahead of Cincinnatti and Buffalo, both of which should be in the market for Dalton or Mallet.

We've known all along that that #33 was gold.

It will be interesting to see what the Pats get for it.

A 2012 first-rounder from one of those slobbery NFC Worst teams would look pretty sweet in the Pats' coffers.

(I mean . . .   seriously . . .  does anyone believe they're not going to trade it?)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Let's face it, if someone is dumb enough to offer their 1 next year and 2 this year for our 2, BB's gonna take it.  It kinda kills me--I'd love to see a few defensive studs added, but I understand the efficacy of the patern

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

Originally, I thought Pats would pick once in Round 1 and twice in Round 3; will amend that slightly.

We will pick three times in Round 3 - at top, middle and toward the end -today. 

BB's going to trade the three Round 2 picks. Thirty-three will be traded for at least another 2012 Round 1 pick. The other second rounders will be traded for a high Round 3 this year and an assorment of other picks this year and next.

There's too much first-round graded talent left on the board for BB to be picking in the 2nd round this year. Because of that talent left on the board, the players BB wants will be pushed down the board to Round 3.

With 3 first-rounders next year, maybe he'll trade for a high-impact player - either on offense or defense - once such trades can be made.

This is not what I think should happen; it's what I think will happen.

Very disappointed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

i think the pats at least move back. i don't like the value at 33.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

You make me laugh! "you don't like the value at 33" well excuse me! Who are you?? The Pats GM??
    OK oh wise one, where do you like the "value" . Problem is your too drunk on Belichick Koolaide

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Lots of picks, but very few impact "players"= no superbowls

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

what if #33 is traded into the first round next year, with no real return this year. ok, good value. thats the system. but what if by the time BB does get around to picking players there are no impact defensive players for the coming year left? sure there will be talent found anywhere, but most likely it will need to be developed. so would you in essence trade another season of no playoff wins in order to get more draft currency for next season (which we know will not be used), or make a pick at 33 and get lucky and land on a guy that can get 8-10 sacks, set the edge and bring pressure. do you realize how different this team could be with one impact defender? are you willing to give that up for more draft currency? 
    just curious on your thoughts on that.
    If trading 33 gets us 3 1st round picks next year then im all for it. I will have to stay away from this forum for the next week so that I dont punch my computer in anger from all the moron threads that will be started over them making another trade but 3 1st rounders in on draft is too good to pass up.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

what if #33 is traded into the first round next year, with no real return this year. ok, good value. thats the system. but what if by the time BB does get around to picking players there are no impact defensive players for the coming year left? sure there will be talent found anywhere, but most likely it will need to be developed. so would you in essence trade another season of no playoff wins in order to get more draft currency for next season (which we know will not be used), or make a pick at 33 and get lucky and land on a guy that can get 8-10 sacks, set the edge and bring pressure. do you realize how different this team could be with one impact defender? are you willing to give that up for more draft currency?  just curious on your thoughts on that. In Response to Re: 3 1st rounders in 2012? :
    Posted by artielang

I have 2 huge problems with this argument.  First, you assume that the 2012 pick will not be used and as such discount it's value.  One way to view these future picks is as an insurance policy against a career threatening injury.  A player could either be acquired via trade or the draft to fill the unexpected vacancy and there is certainly value in that.

My 2nd issue is that you assume that anyone the Pats pick at #33 is an automatic 8-10 sack guy who holds up against the run as well.  Sure it could happen, but it could also happen later in the 2nd round and there is no guarantee with either pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSONE. Show PATSONE's posts

I don't understand why you wouldn't like getting a 1st round pick in 2012 with the 33rd this year or not value the trade that BB did with the 28th pick?  what if the 1st rounder we get in 2012 is a top 5 pick....I mean really people lets not be short sighted...

Using BB system (trading for a 1st rounder the following year) give us as fans the oportunity to complain every year during the draft that we could have gotten this player or that player. Think about it people could we have gotten Solder with the 28th pick.  To you nay sayers I say pay attention and watch BB do his magic, he going to set us up next year and the year after that with a BETTER 1st round pick than our normal 1st would be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

rounders in 2012?

Originally, I thought Pats would pick once in Round 1 and twice in Round 3; will amend that slightly.    We will pick three times in Round 3 - at top, middle and toward the end -today.     BB's going to trade the three Round 2 picks. Thirty-three will be traded for at least another 2012 Round 1 pick. The other second rounders will be traded for a high Round 3 this year and an assorment of other picks this year and next.    There's too much first-round graded talent left on the board for BB to be picking in the 2nd round this year. Because of that talent left on the board, the players BB wants will be pushed down the board to Round 3.    With 3 first-rounders next year, maybe he'll trade for a high-impact player - either on offense or defense - once such trades can be made.     This is not what I think should happen; it's what I think will happen.     Very disappointed.
    Posted by BamaPat

Very bold, Bama. Hope you're not accurate - would love LeShore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In Response to Re: 3 1st rounders in 2012? : You make me laugh! "you don't like the value at 33" well excuse me! Who are you?? The Pats GM?? OK oh wise one, where do you like the "value" . Problem is your too drunk on Belichick Koolaide
    Posted by smorgan86

Kyle is a long time poster who has made many contributions. And I agree with him. For 33 you'd hope that someone really valuable had dropped down - doesn't look it. So be nice - "Can't we all just get along?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Shows what yall know!!!   The 33 pick is very valuable for a reason... the reason that BB wants to keep it.  Glad he did, trade one of the later 2nd round picks instead of this one, 33 is too valuable to pass up.  Basically get a first rounder at 2nd round cheddar... duh

Sections
Shortcuts