3 Cheers for McCourty

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: 3 Cheers for McCourty

That play could have changed the course of the game.  Remember when the Jets troll was gloating that DMC was going to be cut.  LMFAO.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I see this play as one of the more significant of the game.  That play coupled with the D stepping up and holding Houston to a FG was huge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shades of Ben Watson in 2005 divisionals streaking down the field like a man possessed.

Wow.

That play allowed the D to hold to the FG and it actually snuffed out Houston's momentum. I thought Manning was gone.

[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I was thinking of as the play unfolded.  That Watson play may be my favorite ever... and I still believe Bailey fumbled it forward, out of the end zone.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

When Manning broke free all I was thinking was Ray Rice and the Ravens a few years back with that first play from scrimmage and we never got the momentum back and lost big time, then I saw a dude who's speed suprised me and it was a HUGE play even for how early it was. Deven will be a Pat for a long time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

I thought Slater was the fastest Patriot. But must be McCourty.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

McCourty's stock went way up when he moved to safety. Glad to see him playing well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

Shades of Ben Watson in 2005 divisionals streaking down the field like a man possessed.

Wow.

That play allowed the D to hold to the FG and it actually snuffed out Houston's momentum. I thought Manning was gone.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  The game could possibly have progressed a bit differently had that run back resulted in a TD.  But, what was even better, that run aside, is the D held the Texans to a FG given the Texans started in the Red Zone.  If anything, a confidence booster for the D. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I realy think McCourty will play a big part in this game , as  a safety .  He'll pickoff Flacco 2-3 times on Sunday

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Our pass defense has almost completely stopped giving up big plays now that we have a good-great safety(DMC) Communication has improved and guys are not getting behind the secondary. Teams now have to dink and dunk a little more then before and Imo Flacco is a 1 trick pony(deep ball passer) DMC will pick off Flacco this Sunday and it won't be our only INT! Our defense looks amazing!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

After all the lynch mob treatment McCourty has been given,I'm glad to see him get some love from my fellow fans. These days aren't going to last forever so my advice to some of our more critical fellow fans, we should sit back and appreciate these years. As an older fan I remember when we were the Montreal Expos of the NFL for about 20 years. I personally am enjoying sitting backand smelling the roses. Who knows when we win the Super Bowl this Feb, BB & Brady may decide to ride off into the sunset on top.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vpindi. Show vpindi's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what I used to think! Apparently not. They both must be close. Slater is the gunner, so he must have been deep into HOU territory!

I Love DMC! He gives everything he got! Throws his body to block bigger running backs! Yesterday Foster gave a big blow head to head, when DMC try to block him!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Great play by McCourty, and helps show why Belichick plays his best guys on special teams. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

In response to vpindi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what I used to think! Apparently not. They both must be close. Slater is the gunner, so he must have been deep into HOU territory!

I Love DMC! He gives everything he got! Throws his body to block bigger running backs! Yesterday Foster gave a big blow head to head, when DMC try to block him!

[/QUOTE]

That was a gutsy play by DM taking AF head on when he was at full speed.  DM lowered his head and just drove into AF.  DM was lucky he wasn't knocked out cold by that big bruiser.  The play reminded me of Rodney H.  DM is a tough kid too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow.

[/QUOTE]

My vote for Play of the Game!

Sections
Shortcuts