3 Current/Former Pats QBs starting this weekend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

3 Current/Former Pats QBs starting this weekend

Brady, Hoyer, Cassel

I assume this has happened before but I can't remember when it might have been.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: 3 Current/Former Pats QBs starting this weekend

Who is Cassel playing for? Minny?

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Great point. Says a lot about New England's organization. It would be great if all 3 QBs got wins this weekend!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

2 of the 3 are last resort backups on desperate teams, not exactly franchise guys.

pfffft...

Another water it down post.  No one was saying they're all going to Canton, just making a factual statement about 3 starting QB's that are current or former Pats.  fact.  

BTW I will be rooting for Cassell for sure.  If he gets the win for them, I think he keeps the starting job.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

BTW I will be rooting for Cassell for sure.  If he gets the win for them, I think he keeps the starting job.  

This is a dangerous time to be Crispin Ponder.

Apparently the Vikings are pretending Ponder has some kind of rib injury to spare him the demoralization of simply being benched because he blows like a Chicago politician, but if Cassell does . . .   well . . .   anything at all . . .  it's going to be hard to justify bringing back a guy who is still making the exact same mistakes he was making on his first day.

Oh . . .  and Hoyer looked pretty good in spurts against a Vikings defense that isn't going to make anybody forget the Purple People eaters. If Bitchburgh can muster any semblance of a ground attack at all, I think Ruppleburger might be poised to have a big day in faggy old London.

Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

This is a dangerous time to be Crispin Ponder.

Apparently the Vikings are pretending Ponder has some kind of rib injury to spare him the demoralization of simply being benched because he blows like a Chicago politician, but if Cassell does . . .   well . . .   anything at all . . .  it's going to be hard to justify bringing back a guy who is still making the exact same mistakes he was making on his first day.

Where you been bro?

I think Cassel fits their system very well.  He has a big enough arm to get down field on play action with AP in his back field.  I think the team will rally around him.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

An accurate deep ball is certainly one thing Cassell can bring. Ponder is often woefully short on his throws and he can't throw an out pattern to save his life.

Well . . .   he can throw it . . .   but he tends to stare down his receivers and he's still throwing the exact same interception on that 15-yard out that he's been throwing since he got here. I think most people can agree that Ponder was taken way too high, but it's gone far beyond that in Minnesota. Either the kid simply can't learn or he's reached the pinnacle of his athletic ability.

I tend to agree that Cassell will be a better fit. The Vikes have a proven possession guy in Jennings and a legitimate (if inconsistent) deep threat in Romy Simpson. On paper, they should kill the Steelers.

But they won't.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Brady, Hoyer, Cassel

I assume this has happened before but I can't remember when it might have been.

Amazing what happens when teams are forced to play their backups.  I'm going to guess it was 2011, Kolb, McNabb & Vick.  

Good call.  First part of '11 before McNabb was replaced by Ponder

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

both guys are backups...  Which is what they were drafted to be.  If they take over as starter for a season then you can hang your hat on that...

Especially Hoyer... Wow , he looked horrible last year when pats cut him.  Cassel is a complete mystery. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

An accurate deep ball is certainly one thing Cassell can bring. Ponder is often woefully short on his throws and he can't throw an out pattern to save his life.

Well . . .   he can throw it . . .   but he tends to stare down his receivers and he's still throwing the exact same interception on that 15-yard out that he's been throwing since he got here. I think most people can agree that Ponder was taken way too high, but it's gone far beyond that in Minnesota. Either the kid simply can't learn or he's reached the pinnacle of his athletic ability.

I tend to agree that Cassell will be a better fit. The Vikes have a proven possession guy in Jennings and a legitimate (if inconsistent) deep threat in Romy Simpson. On paper, they should kill the Steelers.

But they won't.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

If Steelers lose.. i mean wow.  Same with the Giants... they got a tough contest with KC in KC.  It's going to be an interesting week of football.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

People worry sometimes, what if Brady busts his buns?  Maybe BB is typically sitting on a second gold mine.  He knows, but we don't know it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Brandon Weeden and Christian Ponder....come on guys, let's have a bit of perspective!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

happy for hoyer. playing good for a terrible organization

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Hoyer and Cassel played a great half so far each!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to 6odvernment's comment:

2 of the 3 are last resort backups on desperate teams, not exactly franchise guys.

pfffft...

Another water it down post.  No one was saying they're all going to Canton, just making a factual statement about 3 starting QB's that are current or former Pats.  fact.  

idk, it's going to be tough to beat out that stud christian ponder. he might get to keep it under they draft a franchise guy.

Nope.  I'd put money it.  Cassel keeps the job, as Ponder needs more 'healing' time... Cassel just won the job.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

pfffft...

idk, it's going to be tough to beat out that stud christian ponder. he might get to keep it under they draft a franchise guy.

Nope.  I'd put money it.  Cassel keeps the job, as Ponder needs more 'healing' time... Cassel just won the job.  

beating out ponder isn't winning the job. he's a bandaid until they draft a real QB

When you take someones job, then you beat them out... bandaid or not... Give the man credit.  Look at the day Hoyer is having as well.  Pretty impressive.  Bangels are considered contenders this year.  

B. Hoyer 25/38 269 2 0          

MINNESOTA VIKINGS Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT M. Cassel 16/25 248 2 0 Rushing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Matty comes thru.   1 win, 2 to go.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

"What a job today by Matt Cassel." - Jim Nantz

TFB12 and anothe troll, "Fletcherbrook" are on the Game Watch thread saying he is not doing well.

Looks like he's really been developed after the 10 million dollar/year bust by the Chiefs.  Amzing how quickly Cassel has gone from being drafted to being a superstar.

Really?  A Jets fan talking about a signing bust? LOL 

Need I remind you...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts