3 great must watch games this weekend if you have the stamina

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

3 great must watch games this weekend if you have the stamina

Starting at 1:00 and lasting until midnight... yikes... 1:00  You have (pats-jags) but also PITTSBURGH -CINCINNATI.  This game  will tell likely opponent for pats in first round.  Also Washington Philadelphia will be a great game to see if rg3 can put another nail in jints coffin.

Then 4:15. BALTIMORE-NYG...  Who ya got in this one...?  Balt can't coast since cinci can overtake the division leaving them road warriors.  Home invincibility evaporated last week v.denver.  Should be FUN TO WATCH...

((time out for quick dinner and small talk with girlfriend while trying not to get too tanked up , so as not to preclude the final masterpiece...))

8:30.  SF @SEATTLE.  see if kapernick doesn't come back to earth against aggressive SeattleD while fellow  young QB Wilson tries to add to his stellar story...

Days like these make being a sports fan SWEET.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Re: 3 great must watch games this weekend if you have the stamina

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Starting at 1:00 and lasting until midnight... yikes... 1:00  You have (pats-jags) but also PITTSBURGH -CINCINNATI.  This game  will tell likely opponent for pats in first round.  Also Washington Philadelphia will be a great game to see if rg3 can put another nail in jints coffin.

Then 4:15. BALTIMORE-NYG...  Who ya got in this one...?  Balt can't coast since cinci can overtake the division leaving them road warriors.  Home invincibility evaporated last week v.denver.  Should be FUN TO WATCH...

((time out for quick dinner and small talk with girlfriend while trying not to get too tanked up , so as not to preclude the final masterpiece...))

8:30.  SF @SEATTLE.  see if kapernick doesn't come back to earth against addressive SeattleD while fellow  young QB Wilson tries to add to his stellar story...

[/QUOTE]

I'm in Hawaii so my NFL schedule starts at 8:00 with my morning coffee.  I probably won't get the Pats game this week but they have been on most weeks this year.

Hard to root for Balt but I'd rather see the Giants miss the playoffs, I just don't know if Baltimore can beat anyone right now.  They make the Jest look functional.

I'll probably have to take the wife out shopping in the afternoon and get back in time for the second half of the Seattle - SF game.  I have some friends in the Great North West so I'll be pulling for the Seahawks in that one.

As usual always looking forward to some good football and the game breaks every time the Pats score.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Hawaii is a long ways from Vermont.  "must be nice" in several ways... 8am -7pm a little easier to pull off for sure.

What I do is go to a great sports bar in Burlington with 10 TVs.  1:00 games , they carry every one that has local interest or great matchups. The kicker is $1.50 pints of blue or budlite.  basically football heaven without cheerleaders.

Hard to find coffee shop with 10 tvs, I would imagine, but wouldn't be surprised if somebody tried it...?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Luv it! Luv it! Luv it! Playoff caliber football and Christmas vacation to boot! Just doesn't get any better this!

Go Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Yea, I've been here for 19 years and I miss the snow believe it or not.  Although I rag my brothers who are in the Boston area every time the b!tch about 3 feet of snow, I tell them we had 15 feet waves today.

Niketown use to have a bar that served breakfast with a bunch of TVs and all the games.  What I normally do is DVR the Pats game and go golfing.  Watch the late game at the clubhouse and go home and watch the Pats game while my wife watches her Japanese shows.

It's a hard life but someone has to do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

niketown... Catchy name... Lol.  Sneaker chain branching out.  I guess sports bar concept hard to do without beer.

How about "tailgators"... Beer for breakfast for football fans who crawl into the bar like reptiles, or just happen to be Florida fans...  except whattaya do the rest of the week...?  I guess I could never live there.  but definitely could see a golf vacation ...

What's your handicap...?  I play a lot here in vt the season goes about 7 months and I can keep my scores respectable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I just put a little Baileys in my coffee to loosen up for the games other wise I yell at my TV and abuse my Remote!

I'm around a 20 right now.  I was a 16 but I quit playing for a while when I joined an MC and went cursing the island every Sunday.  I got back into golf when I ran out of ways to see the island.  It's about 2 hours to ride around Oahu not like riding to NH or VT from Boston.  It's funny we have an interstae Highway but no way to get to the other states!

I'm playing in a work Xmas tourney tomorrow afternoon, even a bad bad of golf is better than a good day at work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yea, I've been here for 19 years and I miss the snow believe it or not.  Although I rag my brothers who are in the Boston area every time the b!tch about 3 feet of snow, I tell them we had 15 feet waves today.

Niketown use to have a bar that served breakfast with a bunch of TVs and all the games.  What I normally do is DVR the Pats game and go golfing.  Watch the late game at the clubhouse and go home and watch the Pats game while my wife watches her Japanese shows.

[/QUOTE]

I really prefer not to hear about it...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

8:30.  SF @SEATTLE.  see if kapernick doesn't come back to earth against addressive SeattleD while fellow  young QB Wilson tries to add to his stellar story...

[/QUOTE]

It should be a great day of games. If the Steelers beat Cinci the Ravens lock up the division and the Dolphins are still alive (they have the tie-breakers over Pitt and Cinci if the all end up 8-8). That could mean the Dolphins will care in week 17. I did not realize they were not eliminated. I think the Steelers will take it and keep the AFC interesting for another week.

Ravens-Giants should be a good game. If it happened early in the season people would have said it was a Super Bowl preview. Now, it is one team that has already backed into the playoffs and another that is falling out of them. I think the Giants take this one. I feel like we have seen this from them before. 

The Sunday night game is the most interesting to me. Two young QBs who put up a combined 91 points last week versus two of the best defenses in the league. Something has to give. The teams combined for 19 points in SF back in October, but that with Alex Smith still taking snaps. I think the Seahawks win in Seattle. Despite last week, Wilson has been the better QB lately. He has TD passes in his last seven games, a 13-2 TD-INT ratio in that time and the Seahawks have been averaging over 33 points per game since the loss in SF.

Should be a great weekend of football (the Pats destroying the Jags will just be the icing on the cake). The AFC could be settled except the 2-4 seeding after this weekend, but no matter what happens the NFC East and, probably, the second NFC wildcard will still be up for grabs in week 17 (Washington or the Giants can clinch at least a wildcard berth with wins AND losses by multiple teams).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Don't forget there is a Saturday night game on ESPN.  Atl @ Det, should be a good game even though Det is out of it. 

But I'm more interested in the Browns Broncos game.  A Broncos loss and Pats win gives us the 2 seed back.  Plus a Minn win over Hou sets up the rematch for the Texans Colts next week.  Plenty of things to wish for this Xmas Weekend!

Mele Kalikimaka

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Yep, definitely watching Baltimore/Denver the NFL season is straight to week 17. Should be some exciting games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't forget there is a Saturday night game on ESPN.  Atl @ Det, should be a good game even though Det is out of it. 

But I'm more interested in the Browns Broncos game.  A Broncos loss and Pats win gives us the 2 seed back.  Plus a Minn win over Hou sets up the rematch for the Texans Colts next week.  Plenty of things to wish for this Xmas Weekend!

Mele Kalikimaka

[/QUOTE]

i really hope the browns pull that off. the broncos do not deserve that #2 seed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I am on the West coast so it all start for me at 10am and done at around 8:30 or 9:00.

For sure be watching the Patriots game!  Patriots 45 Jags 17.

While I think the Pats could beat either the Bengal or Steelers, I will keep an eye on this one. Steelers 35 Bengals 23

I will be watching the 49'ers Seahawks game but I don't think the Seahawks win this one.  2 of their CB's will be out, I think the 49'ers will pass all over them.  Don't think the Seahawks will be putting up 50 on this 49'ers D, they will be lucky to get half of that.  49'ers 38 Seahawks 20.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

The only way the Phins get in is to beat the Pats in NE week 17, that's not happening, but I'd like to see the AFC East start to get two teams in regularly again.  Well as long as it's not the Not Yets!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The 1 pm game between HOU and MIN is more important than NYG and BAL. Rooting for Peterson.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]. 

I understand the 'hard' life along with the Japanese shows... I had a Vietnamese girlfriend for 2-3 years during pats glory days 01-03.  She had her own tv with movies and shows in her language and Chinese movies with subtitles.  She was much younger... 5' tall, 100 #, and my pat explanation back then was "conversation is overrated"...I thought that was funny ...  then she went off to college ... Bummer.

youre definitely getting some shots from me at 16-20. With all that nice weather you should get to practicing more . Short game goes a long way.  I've got a bike also... What's up with that... ? Don't tell me yours is a BMW...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

What about Minnesota @ Houston? That will be better than Pit-Cinc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

8:30.  SF @SEATTLE.  see if kapernick doesn't come back to earth against aggressive SeattleD while fellow  young QB Wilson tries to add to his stellar story...

[/QUOTE]

hell yeah, and minn/hou

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You are right coolade, some interesting games this weekend.  But, what will make this Pats' fan the happiest, not including a Pats win in Jax, losses by both the Texans and Broncos.  Too much to hope for?  Ya never know on any given Sunday!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

agree... Stranger things have happened...  funny but somehow I see Denver more likely to be upset than Houston.  The point spreads say the opposite.  Tex-7.5, den-13...  We shall see... That's why they play the games.. !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Holy crap, trying to predict what will happen in Baltimore jints game is maddening...  Could be a blowout either way or a close battle.

Both proud teams on their last gasps.  Desperation.  Works for hockey...  Football not so much.

When I boil it down, giants have more to lose, since a loss will almost kill their chances... But Washington and dallas play early games and if they lose the dynamic changes...

Baltimore, while in the post season has lost 2 straight home games after winning 15 straight.  Losing a third seems unlikely. 

Psychology wise,  jints may just want to pack it in, take their memories of SB last year and go make some tee times.  Eli is slumping.  Coughlin is coughing up chunks...  Is this team done?  looked like it last week.  Perfect time to bow out .

I'll take Baltimore...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Fell asleep, missed Seattle game.  But predicted kapernick coming back to earth,  Also jints performance...  Lol. 

Gotta cut back on those pints of blue...lol.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

STILL YOUR DADDY'S  :  )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

Holy crap, trying to predict what will happen in Baltimore jints game is maddening...  Could be a blowout either way or a close battle.

Both proud teams on their last gasps.  Desperation.  Works for hockey...  Football not so much.

When I boil it down, giants have more to lose, since a loss will almost kill their chances... But Washington and dallas play early games and if they lose the dynamic changes...

Baltimore, while in the post season has lost 2 straight home games after winning 15 straight.  Losing a third seems unlikely. 

Psychology wise,  jints may just want to pack it in, take their memories of SB last year and go make some tee times.  Eli is slumping.  Coughlin is coughing up chunks...  Is this team done?  looked like it last week.  Perfect time to bow out .

I'll take Baltimore...

[/QUOTE]

YOU TAKE THEIR OPPONENT EVERY WEEK FROM PRE-SEASON ON..SO?

STILL YOUR DADDY'S!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'll take Baltimore...

[/QUOTE]

YOU TAKE THEIR OPPONENT EVERY WEEK FROM PRE-SEASON ON..SO?

STILL YOUR DADDY'S!

[/QUOTE]

Laughing at you... And "experts " like that hank Greenburg guy on ESPN...  he claimed to be "stubbornly picking giants"... Lol. More like stupidly..!

Like you, dinkweed loser from NY... Go jerk your gherkin over your lucky SB wins and your mediocre team.... That's all you got right now.... Wait , jints aren't out yet...lol... There's still hope...lol... "they know  how to turn it on this time of year"...  Lol.... Hahahaha...  what a joke... Hahaha... Even hammering HANK bought into that crap....  Hahahaha.