3 RB's and 4 TE's??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

3 RB's and 4 TE's??

Does anyone else agree that the Pats would be better off with 4 TE's and apply a Rhino type running attack with a bull in the backfield to open holes for the likes of Maroney, Faulk and Taylor this year?  Not to mention better blocking for Brady, and awesome screen plays.  Maybe hanging onto Green-Ellis for next year and injury emergencies makes sense.  What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: 3 RB's and 4 TE's??

They have a 305 pound bull, and he's one of the offensive linemen.  Russ Hochstein has practiced at fullback.  I guess Richard Seymour didn't cut it at FB.

Now if they really want to have fun, they could put Julian Edelman in at QB and have Sammy the Bull run behind Hochstein on short yardage plays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstandgoal. Show firstandgoal's posts

Maroney needs to stop dancing behind the line of scrimmage before anyone can call him a running back. he has done nothing this pre-season to prove the naysayers wrong. He  needs a big game against Washington or his days are numbered.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I don't see how this is logical.  You're not getting as much use out of a TE as a RB to begin with and, considering injury history, the team is much better off stacking up backs. 

With that said; have all the TE's made the team in your eyes?  As far as I'm concerned it's Baker, Watson, Thomas and Smith in that order in terms of talent but I haven't seen Smith do anything of note and Watson is probably in his last year with the team. 

If Law Firm is going to continue to improve we're better off with 5 RB's and 3 TE's under the logic of utilizing talent for the short and long term.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I think we keep at least 4 Rb's, mainly because of health reasons.

1) F Taylor
    2) S Morris
    3) K Faulk

All 3 above are 30+ and the first 2 injury prone. But we must keep all 3. 

4) Maroney

If anyone gets cut, I think its Maroney. He simply is not as good as the others, and plus he in injury prone.

5) The Law Firm

I think BJGE is a lock. Young, tough, productive. WHat more do we want?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

In Response to Re: 3 RB's and 4 TE's??:
    [QUOTE]They have a 305 pound bull, and he's one of the offensive linemen.  Russ Hochstein has practiced at fullback.  I guess Richard Seymour didn't cut it at FB. Now if they really want to have fun, they could put Julian Edelman in at QB and have Sammy the Bull run behind Hochstein on short yardage plays.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Hochstein is gone to Denver for a 7th rounder next year.  I still think they will use a TE in the backfield this year.  The pats are not even trying to carry a Fullback on the roster.  They will likely go 4 RB's and 4TE's, Taylor or Morris may be history.  Due to injuries the last couple of years, I bet it's Morris.  I'd rather see Taylor's versatility, and knack for finding the endzone anyways. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

I think all 5 rb's will make the team but only 4 will make the game day roster.  Possibly 4 TE but I could see Alex Smith being cut or traded if he doesnt show anything in the next 2 preseason games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]I think all 5 rb's will make the team but only 4 will make the game day roster.  Possibly 4 TE but I could see Alex Smith being cut or traded if he doesnt show anything in the next 2 preseason games.
    Posted by joe81b[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with this post....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Maroney needs to stop dancing behind the line of scrimmage before anyone can call him a running back. he has done nothing this pre-season to prove the naysayers wrong. He  needs a big game against Washington or his days are numbered.
    Posted by firstandgoal[/QUOTE]

He needs to have a big game in the pre season or his days are numbered??? Really???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Maroney will be the next player to be cut...I wouldnt be suprised to see BJGE play more with the first unit/second unit this upcoming preseason game. BB will then be able to see what hes capable of against 1st team defense instead of 4th quarter bums. Maroneys days are numbered in new england if BGJE continues to contribute at a higher level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

It's looking like 4 RBs, 3 TEs, 6 WR and 10 OL.  Interesting that we now have a lot of tackles but not guards at backup:  O'Callaghan, Levoir, and Seabass.  Who will be our 2 OGs:  Ohrnberger and (Yates or Bussey)?

If we go this route, we would have 26 players on offense, leaving only 24 on D:  7 DL, 4 OLB, 4 ILB, 5 CB, 4 Safeties.  Should work out ok. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

[QUOTE]Maroney will be the next player to be cut...I wouldnt be suprised to see BJGE play more with the first unit/second unit this upcoming preseason game. BB will then be able to see what hes capable of against 1st team defense instead of 4th quarter bums. Maroneys days are numbered in new england if BGJE continues to contribute at a higher level.
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]
    Maroney has averaged 4.3 yards per carry for his career (hampered by injuries no less) in the regular season.  What do you think he'll do with a clean bill of health for one year?  He's not going anywhere unless he sustains another injury.    

Sections
Shortcuts