3 Reasons Why The Carson Palmer Trade Will Be A Total Bust For Oakland.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

3 Reasons Why The Carson Palmer Trade Will Be A Total Bust For Oakland.

1.  Carson Palmer is rusty.  He hasn't played in over a year, now you expect him to go from golfing on the weekends to starting QB in a new system.   The Raiders can't afford a few bad weeks of Palmer adjusting, especially with San Diego starting off hot, and the wild card chances of Buffalo and Steelers, who both will probably win 11 games. 

2.  Carson Palmer is overrated.  He reminds me a lot of Drew Bledsoe.  When they play well, they look like Hall of Fame QBs, when they play bad, they take sacks, make costly picks.   There's a good chance the Bengals wouldn't be 4-2 with Palmer, because Andrew Dalton is playing smart clutch football with incredible leadership like he showed at TCU. 

3.  This move goes against what this year's Raiders team is all about -  This year Raiders has a great defense and can run the ball down your throat.  Then they use the speed at WR to make the occassional big play, as well as having the best field goal kicker in the league to close out games.    Bringing in a guy the Bengals call a quitter is a mistake.     Look at the Colts when they brought in Kerry Collins.  Curtis Painter and the Colts have played much better ball with him, because they fight harder for a guy who has been in training camp and all the practices all year long.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Carson Palmer Trade Will Be A Total Bust For Oakland.

Agreed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

It's amazing NFL football coaches sometimes forget that football isn't baseball or basketball, where you can simply add a guy late in the season to make a championship push.   Adding a guy that's going to be a starter without earning it in football can destroy your team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Because he's Carson Palmer? They gave up way too much. Palmer is averge and to give a guy that much money to hand the ball off to DMC half the time and occassionally throw is ludicrous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Can you spell desperation?  If not one can surely smell it coming from Oakland. 

I have no idea how this works out if it comes to pass but it will be interesting to watch what happens if it does.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think Palmer is a tad overrated, Bledsoe might be a good comp, but he's not making ridiculous money and they control him for the next 3-4 years.  I think that Raiders team management is thinking about the long term as much as this year.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Palmer was outstanding his first couple years, til that cheap shot by the Steelers on his knee. Have to feel for the guy, to have your entire career affected, simply because a team would rather just injure you then try to beat you straight up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

Stupid Pats fans again. I agree maybe they gave up a "little" to much. But Hue Jackon has coached Carson over 10 total years. He can learn the system. The Raiders system isnt all that hard to understand. It may take 2-3 weeks to learn most of it. But they have a bye after this weekend and that should help. And remember Boller is terrible. Carson is a major upgade from Boller. So i say good deal for both.

Are you guys the dumb Pats fans that said Seymour was done or that you should bring back Moss??? HAHAHA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think two 1st for a player is too steep a price.  If Oakland does not win it all this year, they will have nothing to replenish their roster with.  They are without a 1st,2nd,4th,5th and 7th this year.  Than they give up the 1st next year?  What is up with that? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to 3 Reasons Why The Carson Palmer Trade Will Be A Total Bust For Oakland.:
    [QUOTE]1.  Carson Palmer is rusty.  He hasn't played in over a year, now you expect him to go from golfing on the weekends to starting QB in a new system.   The Raiders can't afford a few bad weeks of Palmer adjusting, especially with San Diego starting off hot, and the wild card chances of Buffalo and Steelers, who both will probably win 11 games.  2.  Carson Palmer is overrated.  He reminds me a lot of Drew Bledsoe.  When they play well, they look like Hall of Fame QBs, when they play bad, they take sacks, make costly picks.   There's a good chance the Bengals wouldn't be 4-2 with Palmer, because Andrew Dalton is playing smart clutch football with incredible leadership like he showed at TCU.  3.  This move goes against what this year's Raiders team is all about -  This year Raiders has a great defense and can run the ball down your throat.  Then they use the speed at WR to make the occassional big play, as well as having the best field goal kicker in the league to close out games.    Bringing in a guy the Bengals call a quitter is a mistake.     Look at the Colts when they brought in Kerry Collins.  Curtis Painter and the Colts have played much better ball with him, because they fight harder for a guy who has been in training camp and all the practices all year long.   
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

1.) Its not a new system, Hue jackson worked with palmer as a recievers coach in cinci so they have a history, not that the raiders were using a complicated system to begin with.

2.) Palmers been working out with former Qb's all this fall. its not like hes been vegging on the couch, he will be in okay shape.

3.)none of that matters, 2 first round picks for a 31 year old slightly above average QB? terrible trade, should have gotten orton for 2 4th rounders

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

The ghost of Al Davis definitely had a hand in this trade...Brown got the best end of this trade without a doubt!

The Raiders have gone all in, that's for sure....I bet they do not make the playoffs, and if they do not, all those high draft choices they no longer have will be providing good NFL players for the Pats and the Bengals while the Raiders start that slide back into ignomy after just having been able to peek over the table top to being a decent team. Sad how this team keeps croaking itself, and now they don't have a senile old fool to blame!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

For Carson Palmer, Raiders will compensate Bengals with their first-round choice in 2012 draft and their second-round choice in 2013 draft.

it would be an expensive bust !!!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Disagree.

Palmer is above average when he's motivated.  I just don't see giving up 2 -1st rounders for him.  That's the only, yet big gamble.

He's much better than Campbell, and still 31. 

Who could they have got that was better, this year or next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

Your a loser King. We all know the raiders gave up to much. But all the football analysis say Palmer will fit right in. You telling me you no more than the peeps at ESPN or sportsline? You should watch more footbal than write on these boards. You got 7800+ posts on here.  LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: 3 Reasons Why The Carson Palmer Trade Will Be A Total Bust For Oakland.:
    [QUOTE]We all know the raiders gave up to much.
    Posted by SandyRowBelfast[/QUOTE]

How is that sentence compatible with the claim that it was a "good deal"?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Tom Brady wasn't available?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

King, you'll be hearing my footsteps come week 11. We'll see how Carson is doing then.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Wait I think I understand now.  It all made sense once I looked at how the Raiders have spent 1st round picks in the last 10 years.  It all makes sense now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

Kinda like we were laghing at the Pats from 1960 till 2001? Your best player was a OL up till Brady was drafted. HAHA. Now thats funny. NO history with Pats. Joke!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

McFadden,Asomugha,Gallery and Huff? All 1st rounders and solid. Pats 1st round pick are worse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Belfast footsteps...must be wearing those steel toed Doc Martins, the shoe of choice for goose stepping skin heads...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: 3 Reasons Why The Carson Palmer Trade Will Be A Total Bust For Oakland.:
    [QUOTE]Kinda like we were laghing at the Pats from 1960 till 2001? Your best player was a OL up till Brady was drafted. HAHA. Now thats funny. NO history with Pats. Joke!
    Posted by SandyRowBelfast[/QUOTE]

The only history the Raiders have made in the past 20 years is drafting busts and setting a record for interceptions in a Super Bowl.

Sections
Shortcuts