3 ReasonWhy Greg Ellis Is A Better Option Than Jason Taylor For The Patriots.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

3 ReasonWhy Greg Ellis Is A Better Option Than Jason Taylor For The Patriots.

1.  Greg Ellis actually wants to play football.  It's hard not to question whether or not Jason Taylor's head is in the game.  Greg Ellis is coming with a chip on his shoulder and BB could get a productive season out of him.

2.  Greg Ellis is coming off a better season.  Jason Taylor had a horrible injury plagued season. 

3.  Greg Ellis is experienced in the 3-4 as a linebacker, Taylor wasn't and would have had to adapt.  Greg Ellis could be on the field for more plays at LB than Taylor would have been.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: 3 ReasonWhy Greg Ellis Is A Better Option Than Jason Taylor For The Patriots.

I am going to go with #4.

4. Greg Ellis is currently available.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Re: 3 ReasonWhy Greg Ellis Is A Better Option Than Jason Taylor For The Patriots.

I was really big on the Pats signing Taylor, but seeing that Taylor took less money for a team that wasn't going to the superbowl and the fact that he would be situational at best in the Phins D, only shows me Taylor cares more about living in the florida sun than winning a ring.

Ellis would be a much better fit than Taylor for the Pats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Greg Ellis has 4 known suitors,the Patriots are one of the 4 teams reportedly interested in signing him,the other 3 are Dolphins,Tampa Bay,and Chicago where would you sign knowing you are running out of time to make a serious run at the brass ring?????If I were Greg Ellis's Agent I would have sent a blank signed player agreement contract to the Patriots via fax immediately after the release became official,and let the monetary stipulations be taken care of after he made the team.Then what do I know,the last player who came to New England without worrying about the money is about to become an analyst for NBC,I think he managed to win 2 rings while he was here after being cut by San Diego!!!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Ellis is what 33yrs old? he hasn't won anything yet " especially being in Dallas" so I think him coming to the Pats to help shore up the LB position is perfect. I think its either us or the Eagles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Ellis is younger.

Ellis, if he comes here, wants to come here.....Taylor didn't unless it was his only option.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

I'm starting to come around on Greg Ellis.  I wasn't overly impressed after listening to an offseason of Jason Taylor and Julius Peppers talk, but now that it has had time to sink in I think I like him more and more.

It's all about fit in the NFL and he fits the need the Patriots have. Taylor and Peppers would have been experimental as linebackers... Ellis can play it and play it well.

I'm on board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You do realize that the reason Ellis wanted out of Dallas is he was unhappy with the way he was being used...as in he didnt like switching from DE to OLB so we dont even know if he wants to play linebacker next season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The reason he's out of Dallas is because he wasn't going to be the starting OLB or DE as the Cowgirls decided to go with Anthony Spencer,though I'm sure you are right about his not liking the OLB position he still played it well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I'm starting to come around on Greg Ellis.  I wasn't overly impressed after listening to an offseason of Jason Taylor and Julius Peppers talk, but now that it has had time to sink in I think I like him more and more. It's all about fit in the NFL and he fits the need the Patriots have. Taylor and Peppers would have been experimental as linebackers... Ellis can play it and play it well. I'm on board.
    Posted by PatsChowder

the only problem is nobody else seems to be comeing around to him since his release.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/03/greg-ellis-it-was-kind-of-awkward/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Ellis would be used like Willie McGinest. He is a little big-bodied to be a true 3-4 OLB, but could be a cool DE/OLB hybrid.

I wonder if he would object to that.

Or winning.

Or just having a place to play. LOL.

I think BB is happy with what he sees from the young bucks at this point. Either that or he doesn't see a fit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

On an interview last night in Dallas they said he had at least  8 teams call.  He is taking his time and weighing his best option.  He will make 1.5 mill. regardless if he plays or not.  Do you think the Pat's will pay much more than that?  He did mention though, that it was unfortunate that he did not get a ring in Dallas.  So maybe that will have some bearing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I am not sure he wants to play in a 3-4 defense. I heard he was not happy they made him into a OLB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

sounds like, according to reiss, the patriots aren't interested. i guess they like who they have and we will just have to accept it and see what happens. i sort of have a bad feeling about this group (i just don't buy into the crable hype). i think OLB will be a major weakness this year and then BB will go out and do a major overhaul of the position through the draft and free agency, like we have seen at the wideout position and secondary over the past few years. meanwhile, next seasons weakness will be the d-line from the looks of things. i can already hear all of the fans on ths board screaming about how pryor and richard will come off of the practice squad after not playing a down in 2009 and be better than seymour. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I am not sure he wants to play in a 3-4 defense. I heard he was not happy they made him into a OLB.
    Posted by MVPkilla

From what I have read of Ellis, he simply likes to complain about change, but it doesn't matter because he produces at crunch time.

When they converted him to LB, he complained more that Parcells was trying to get rid of him. He had one of his best years two seasons later (the first season at LB ended after game 8 from an injury) He also worried about the new guys being drafted to take his position. His response - he apparently became a pretty good mentor and still had his best season.

I see this guy fitting in nicely in the clubhouse and on the field.

Sections
Shortcuts