3 straight losses and ending up 10-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: 3 straight losses and ending up 10-6

Sorry i meant guarantee it

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

In Response to Re: 3 straight losses and ending up 10-6:
    In Response to Re: 3 straight losses and ending up 10-6 : If by a long time, you mean the second half of last season, then yes; the Patriots haven't lost back to back in a long time. We're still not sure what this team is yet -- remember last year's team started 6-2 as well. Still, I think they'll find a way to win one out of the next two. After that, we'll see how tough this team is because nobody is going to be able to pull away for a playoff spot in the AFC. The wild card is no gimme for a 10-6 team this year. You might even need tie-breakers at 11-5.
    Posted by e4smith
    I wasnt really using the streak as the reason why they would not lose back to back. Its the reason behind it, This coaching staff just doesnt let that happen 2 weeks in a row, let alone 3 weeks in a row. The other posted the stat of over 7 seasons only 2 back to back losses. That is what i was referring to.

Everyone needs to calm down after the browns loss. Good teams do lose to bad teams, 2007 was a fluke. Pats were motivated EVERY MINUTE of the season, that just cannot and will not happen. Look through those superbowl winning teams, the pats did lose some "trap" games. It just goes to show you how special that 2007 season was.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In Response to 3 straight losses and ending up 10-6 : You are right on the money.  And without 2 wins over the Dolphins and Chargers where everything went thier way, they would be 8-8.  This team needs to start caring about having deep threat receivers, a running back, and a pass rusher.
    Posted by patrick69
    Sure, and the Steelers lost to Miami but the refs gave them the game.  SHoulda woulda coulda.  You are what your record says you are

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Listen, I'm not bashing, making fun of this team, It's my favorite team.  I'm just saying this is the way I see it.  We won a game or two here and there that we were lucky to come away with so 6-2 is nice but we have a pretty competitive schedule ahead of us.
    Posted by BradyMossFan
    Can you name one team that has not had 1 or 2 lucky wins this year besides Buffalo of course? Steelers, Jets, and so on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In Response to Re: 3 straight losses and ending up 10-6 : I wasnt really using the streak as the reason why they would not lose back to back. Its the reason behind it, This coaching staff just doesnt let that happen 2 weeks in a row, let alone 3 weeks in a row. The other posted the stat of over 7 seasons only 2 back to back losses. That is what i was referring to. Everyone needs to calm down after the browns loss. Good teams do lose to bad teams, 2007 was a fluke. Pats were motivated EVERY MINUTE of the season, that just cannot and will not happen. Look through those superbowl winning teams, the pats did lose some "trap" games. It just goes to show you how special that 2007 season was.
    Posted by Coolguy55220
    Doesn't anyone remember the 30-0 loss to Buffalo after they traded a player to them? And then beat Buffalo 30-0 later in the season....it happens

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Are we the trolls?  BradyMoss, I think you may have the right of this at 10-6; although I don't believe the Pats are locks against Da Bears or Miami, whom we historically split with, so 9-7 is also possible.  We are in a young, rebuilding mode and doing ok, so this is not really a bad thing.  We have many top picks next year in the draft and should be able to score some excellent players for years to come.  But to those who will yell troll, from TheMIghtyPatriots, I have the below pic for fun:

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Befor the Browns Game last week. There was a post that had the Pats at 14-2. Most agreed. Let the Season play out, alot more football to go. People are jumping on and off the Bandwagon, more than enough this year.Have some faith, lets get healthy and then make a run into the Playoffs.In 2007 the Giants wanted to fire the Coughlin then regrouped and won the Super Bowl. Lets play our best ball in late December. Whoever gets momentum at the right time wins it this year. No great Teams in 2010. Anyone can get hot at the right time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to 3 straight losses and ending up 10-6:
    With the loss to the Browns and how the Patriots played I see 2 more losses in a row coming up. My predictions on the rest of the season: Lose to steelers Lose to Colts Win over Lions Lose to Jets Win over Bears Lose to Packers Win over Bills Win over Dolphins Finishing 10-6. 1st round playoff exit again. What say you????
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Um, 10-6 isn't going to get them into the playoffs.

11-5 might.  12-4 will.  But not 10-6.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A real Fan would say the Pats are going 14-2 and to the superbowl and if you dispute that, look up the definition of fanatic. Most folks on here are really just followers of the Pats, not fans. That being said, I'll take the Pats in the upcoming game against the Steelers. The Bronws were the typical once or twice a year the Pats just don't show up kind of games. The Pats have more young talent than they have had in a long long time and more then they had the last time they beat the Steelers. BTW I'm a real Fan.
    Posted by rtuinila

Hahah, this is priceless!! What you're describing here is not a football discusion board, but a Kraft family booster club! Lol, I love it, funny...very funny. For kicks I say they go 19 - 0, even though they lost 2 games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

lets just cancel the games .......why bother playing them.............

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

Your prediction blows... Pats havent lost back to back in a long time, i dont know what makes you think they're gonna ever lose back to back to back after an embarrassing lose to the browns and the hated man gina...
    Posted by Coolguy55220

They lost back to back last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Look BradyMossFan, the way I approach any game in any sport is that I believe in the team until I know they are going to lose if you don't think that's a realistic philosophy then your a punk. Why doubt your team before the game has even began. We're not the bills we played bad last week but we're guna give it the very best this week. I can almost recommend it. Why do you think otherwise may I ask?? 
    Posted by danemcmenamin

I will be cheering on the Patriots every second of every game hoping for a win, hoping for them to  be the best coached team, play the best game ever each and every week.  But I'm realistic.  There are concerns and this is my prediction based on what I have seen through 8 weeks!  Doesn't make me less of a fan, that's crazy! 

Listen, I'm the biggest fan of my kids sports teams and  I have no doubt what their strenghts and weakness are,  and how they are playing from week to week.  However, I'm realistic about it.  There are teams that are going to give them problems.  During the season I can see which teams are going to be tough and who are going to be the favorite going in.  Does this make me less of a fan of my kid's teams?  Heck no, it's my kids for crying out loud!!  I'm their biggest fan!!!  I want them to win them all.  See where I'm going with this?  Saying your team is going to win every game doesn't make you a fan, it makes you ignorant!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

lets just cancel the games .......why bother playing them.............
    Posted by EASON11

Or we can just have Madden 11 run a simulation an call it a season. 

It's entertainment, folks!  Sure my mood is crap all day and probably the next day when the pats lose but it's still fun to watch the games.  Just because we make some predictions and everyone thinks it's the end of the world when someone,  heaven forbid, picks against the team doesn't mean we aren't true fans.  Loosen up guys, it's a game, it's entertainment.  

My life is the same whether we win or lose.  Some of you guys seriously remind me of the guy in the movie Big Fan and Robert De Niro in the movie The Fan.  Scary!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

BradyMossFan I know the odds, we have as good a chance of winning especially with Brady under centre if we lose we lose. We'll beat the colts though WE WIN HOME GAMES simple as I won't doubt my team before it's over if we lose it it happens what can i say we'll have lost to good team at home. I think we'll be ready though. I don't expect them to win because i'm ignorant i expect them to win because last week was soo bad we'll not play like that again we'll give our best effort and I personally believe our best is better than the steelers best. Punk is a bit strong and i apologise for that but i think we have it in us to win this week that's who we are we take the loses badly very badly and we improve heavily following loses

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

It'll take a gadget play to start the win as always it's the only way to beat the steelers i've been thinkin that all week we'll have one up our sleeves as least i hope we will. I sat before the phins game in miami and doubted the win but look what happened. Step up again against another hard nose team and who knows the result but i won't talk them down before the game EVER!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Talking about gadget plays, I would love to see a flea flicker to Tate streaking down the field in the first series of plays.  I don't think the Patriots have ran the flea flicker yet this year, have we?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

Your prediction blows... Pats havent lost back to back in a long time, i dont know what makes you think they're gonna ever lose back to back to back after an embarrassing lose to the browns and the hated man gina...
    Posted by Coolguy55220

Actually they lost back to back around the same time last year to the Colts & the Saints e.g. the time when the Superbowl became out of reach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

This team needs to stop thinking it's going to stroll into a season like 2001.  That was magic and not likely to happen again.  You need the hoarses to run the race or you will not win.  I don't want 4 years of 1 and out playoff seasons, I want Superbowls!!!!!!!
    Posted by patrick69

I've been saying the same thing all season long as I know it's easy to be a homer and pick this team to win every week but you have to face reality that this team is not good enough to win the Superbowl this year and it's unacceptable to not have won any since the 04/05 season. They have refused to fix the problems that have existed on the defense since the 2005 season and haven't done anything to fix the offense since prior to the 2007 season and thus this is what you get e.g playing wilcard games as opposed to being a 1 or 2 seed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

With the loss to the Browns and how the Patriots played I see 2 more losses in a row coming up. My predictions on the rest of the season: Lose to steelers Lose to Colts Win over Lions Lose to Jets Win over Bears Lose to Packers Win over Bills Win over Dolphins Finishing 10-6. 1st round playoff exit again. What say you????
    Posted by BradyMossFan

I see the same scenario, if the Pats can't beat the Steelers. The battle with the Goths Sunday will define their season.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Posted by BradyMossFan

you're definently a

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

It is a good point yeah and great discussion. Depends entirely on your mentality I just won't admit defeat until the team is well and truly beaten. Why family are like this they'll say the team is beat when they're down 14 in the 4th I hate that and always have. Although it could just be stupidity on my part that leads to the stubbornness, we definitely have the talent to win out but we had the talent to win last week as well so really who knows what's guna happen it'd rather just not be all doom and gloom before the game even begins and write off the whole season. In terms of gadget plays I really don't think we've used and although I didn't see the jets game what from what I've seen we've done nothing special on offense although we still have a good record which is a massive plus. Maybe there's something in the bank for us to use later, anyone think that could be a possibility, we need something special tonight and we'll need something special against green bay   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to 3 straight losses and ending up 10-6 : you're definently a
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Yes, you're correct with the pink hat. 

I totally support the fight against breast cancer.  It's a serious thing.  Did you know it is second only to lung cancer as a cause of cancer death to women.  Even if you don't have loved ones who have had this awful cancer I'm sure you have female loved ones who you should be concerned about.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's just discussion guys, don't take it so personal.  Hopefully the Pats will put a pounding on the Steelers tonight and everyone can come on here and point fingers at me and laugh and call me troll and other sweet names.  One thing you can count on is if the Steelers do end up winning as I see it I won't be on here laughing and telling you I told ya so.  Fans don't do that.  But Fans can be realistic with how their team is looking.  Your only as good as your last game.  Hopefully we look much better tonight!

Sections
Shortcuts