3 straight playoff losses, Pats have become teams we used to make fun of....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

3 straight playoff losses, Pats have become teams we used to make fun of....

Schottenheimers Chiefs, Turners Chargers.....cant laugh at them anymore. Especially with 2 straight one and dones at home. Have Pats lost ability to win a playoff game?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Re: 3 straight playoff losses, Pats have become teams we used to make fun of....

No leaders ... Vince can't do it all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: 3 straight playoff losses, Pats have become teams we used to make fun of....

Yeah not good. Over 3 years since a playoff victory and lost 2 in a row at home where they have been unbeatable. They are rebuilding though. They still need to address the defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from drdinduluth. Show drdinduluth's posts

That 7:30+ drive with no sense of urgency to come up empty was key. That and no obvious pressure on Sanchez. Any time they put any pressure, he threw horribly off target which is typical Sanchez.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

ugh i know. our playoff failure is hard to stomach

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I hope this finally puts to rest about Bill being the best coach in the NFL history crap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 18coltfire. Show 18coltfire's posts

In the immortal words of Flounder from Animal House--"Oh boy is this greaat!!!" This is what happens when you are arrogant---eventually it catches up to you...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Never thought I'd feel this way about them, but you're right. This team is eerily similar to some of those Chragers and Colts teams of last decade.

Sad but true.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to 3 straight playoff losses, Pats have become teams we used to make fun of....:
    [QUOTE]Schottenheimers Chiefs, Turners Chargers.....cant laugh at them anymore. Especially with 2 straight one and dones at home. Have Pats lost ability to win a playoff game?
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Agreed. They can make all the right moves in the off-season, drafting, scraps, trades, free agents, etc., but if they keep losing play-off games in which they are widely expected to dominate and then flop, it is all for naught. That makes three upset post-season losses in a row. In a row!

BB, Bob, Bill O. and Tom - the brand took a major hit yesterday.  What are you going to do about it so that your team actually competes in their next post-season game? 

BB, when are you going to stop calling insane trick plays that defy the odds and blow-up in your face, dooming the team to a loss? 

Bill O., when are you gong to stop calling idiotic plays in a silly and hopeless attempt to outsmart your competition?  Believe it or not, most of the time the obvious, logical play is the right play.  Sure, you need to go against the grain maybe 25-35% of the time to keep the D wondering.  But for whole drives at a time?  The average fan posting here probably thinks he or she could have called a better game yesterday, given two whole seasons of experience upon which to prepare, as you have had.  And they would be right.

Brady, when are you going to learn to let an INT, fumble or bad play wash off your back and move on with the game like you once were able to do in the past? And when are you going to stop your Dan Marino imitation?  Does ripping on your WRs and RBs after every bad play put them in a position to succeed, or does it further mess with their heads and take them out of the game?  Including when you are the one who made the poorly aimed throw?

Kraft, what are you going to do to stop losing key talent?  You lost Dom Capers and he is doing great for Chicago, revitalizing their D. You are about to lose the prime of your O-line, Mankins, because of your pride. Enough with the churn-n-burn/turnstile approach.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This team is eerily similar to some of those Chargers and Colts teams of last decade"

I'll buy that. It did seem like moving Moss off as well as some other locker room malcontents improved team chemistry for a bit, but that did not translate over into fiery playoff attitudes. 

At the same time it's a young team and the difference between the playoffs and the regular season is you can't always expect your offense to get you 30 in the playoffs. Pats have issues on both sides of the ball to work on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathan-ndeira. Show nathan-ndeira's posts

Why don't you Guys believe in Pats, in 2001 when bledsloe got injured did anyone think Brady would lead the Pats to superbowl victory, no, But the Patriots won it, they did so, in 03 and 04, would you guys believe in the Patriots, We are Built for the future, Bellichick is the best coach in the league and is one of the greatest coaches in nfl history, The Patriots way will reign again in the NFL, believe in it. The organisation had 2 superbowl losses before they won 3, 2 playoff  losses at home in 2 years, I tell this We will win a fourth Ring, Believe in the Patriots, the wait will be over!! GO PATRIOTS!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

There are some who have said several times that the new Patriots have become the old Colts since 2007....

I think it's pretty accurate. We're headed back in the right direction tho. It's likely we only have a time window of 3-5 more years to win another SB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: 3 straight playoff losses, Pats have become teams we used to make fun of....:
    [QUOTE]No leaders ... Vince can't do it all.
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it was a question of leadership. I think the Patriots had a lousy game plan - and for some reason the play calling reverted back to 2009. Dunno if that was because we were down or the game plan. Plus, Jets just simply kicked our butts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Yeah, this stinks but life goes on. I feel we cannot count on the Pats to win in the playoffs, regardless of how they dominate in the regular season.

Know one will remember or even care how the regular season went. All that matters is if we win the SB.

Maybe we'll have a better outlook when training camp rolls around again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I feel the three teams we lost too, all had/have had better defenses than we did. 
    Giants in 07/08 - well, atleast on SB sunday, they did for sure.
    Baltimore last year - had a better D than us.
    Jets on Sunday - had a better D than us. 

Until the Pats get that 'swagger' back on Defense - they'll continue to struggle in the Playoffs. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: 3 straight playoff losses, Pats have become teams we used to make fun of....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 straight playoff losses, Pats have become teams we used to make fun of.... : And when they were urgent the Jets were there in pass coverage. Dom Capers is in Green Bay now, not Chicago.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Re. Capers, yup, right.  In remembered he was in the NFC North, but got the wrong team.  But I am sure you will agree that he is doing very well for them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Overall the Pats are very young, the problem being the Brady window is closing but I wouldn't really compare them to the Colts/Chargers of the past because I think what we really learned on Sunday is that this still is mostly a young and inexperienced team.

The Jets have more guys on both sides of the ball that are verterans who have played in big games before and that is what stood out.  The alleged brilliance of BB's system and gameplanning was outdone by a deeper more talented team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't think this is the same context.

NE just rebuilt on the fly and overachieved. The final installments will be in this year's draft and potential bargain basement quality FAs who get cut once the new cap structure is unveiled (if there is no lockout).

Put it this way:

Teams who are rebuilding can only dream of going 14-2.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

Not 3 in a row

2008 Pats. Tom Brady ouf for the season. Matt Cassel steps in and the Pats end up going 11-5. The 1st 11-5 season of any team not to make the playoffs.

2009 Pats -  Brady Returns, Pats go 10-6 with Brady not really at 100% IMO. Pats lose to Baltimore. Pats lose Josh McDaniels and Pioli., Vrabel and a few retirees in Bruschi and Harrison. If my memory serves me correctly, I think Seymour as well.

2010 Pats Reg season record of 14-2 which many did not expect because of so many changes in the offseason with an injection of rookies coming in. Randy gets traded after the Miami game. We all think the Patriots offense is done. They go 11-1 for the rest of the season. 14-2 for the season. Lost to the Jets

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE] I hope this finally puts to rest about Bill being the best coach in the NFL history crap.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

You are clearly very young or maybe just absolutely clueless. Or a troll. 

The team just went 14-2 while rebuilding. He's in line for executive and coach of the year.

What does this guy have to do around here to be appreciated?

It's incredible he's kept the team doing 10+ win seasons while installing a rebuilding process on the fly.

Put Belichick in the 1960s, 70s, 80s or 90s with no salary cap with what he brought in here in the 00s and he doesn't lose.

I would appreciate this now because in 4-5 years, it's all gone.

Best coach ever, when it's all said and done.    Look at the resume and numbers.

No coach has ever been to 7 SBs and no coach has 5 rings. If you want to talk pre-merger with people like Halas, Brown and Lombardi, go right ahead.  That challenge of winning back then is not remotely close to today's.

You make one mistake in a game today and you can lose.

Two sets of rules/barometers: One for all 31 teams and one special set of rules/barometers for Belichick and the Patriots.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

This game was shockingly bad in every area and amazingly we still had a chance to win after we cut it to three. However, bad, bad decision to bench Welker for a series and we can't have mistakes all day long. Can't have dropped TD's (Crumpler) or botched fake punts (Bill!!???). Brady does need to re-evaluate his game sometimes. The pressure really got to him. At least 3 or 4 times he could have broken the pocket and got 6-10 yards. The Jet's as it turned out were the absolutle worst draw for the Pats. A team we embarassed 45-3...rubbing it in right to the end and they wanted payback in the worst way. Would we have beaten the Ravens? As unprepared as we looked i'm not so sure...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Look, i love Bill as much as anyone. I do think he is the greatest coach of all time. He needs to re-evaluate the risk-reward scenario of a fake punt at that juncture in the game. We basically gave them 7 points right before halftime. Absolutley UNACCEPTABLE!