305 Dropbacks, 57% completion : 195 Runs 4+ per carry

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: 305 Dropbacks, 57% completion : 195 Runs 4+ per carry

They started the 2nd half with 3 drives that all started with 1st down sacks.   Too predictable.  Too much emphasis on the hurry-up style that we no longer have the personnel to execute properly.   Too much switching of RBs.   Too much emphasis on a Gronk-centric offense.   Is that enough?

Fix it Josh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Those are the season totals.

Ridley 4.0

Blount 4.1

Bolden about 5.4

Brady's passer rating is below 80. He's underthrowing everything. Only 8 tds and 5 picks. Through 7 games. That's depressing considering how much they are forcing the pass.

What is justifying this continued imbalance?

If the pass was working better. OR, the run was working worse, I could understand.

Pass isn't working? Pass some more.

Run IS working? Try some passes!

The D is suffering because of it. They've been playing absolutely balls out, incredible football. And a 30 gets hung on them because they run 22 passes and 4 runs over the final quarter and OT in addition to puting 7 directly on the board for the Jets.

I guaranfuckingtee the OLine would LOVE to get some running game going. No question. None. Every offensive lineman on the planet prefers run blocking to pass protection. Every single one.

They're going to run the D into the ground (yes, even more) and/or get Brady killed with this absurdity.

Speaking of...is Brady to blame for any of this? Partly. But he's the QB. McDaniels runs the offense, if it isn't working, it's on him to fix it. Brady. like every QB in history post 1970 has a big ego, and probably genuinely believes he could pass 100% of the time and win. It's that confidence that makes players great, it's up to the coaches to harness it and not get sucked in like motherfking fanboys. Don't expect Brady to audible 10 times in a game to a run because the D is giving it to him. Won't happen. It's nice to think it would, but no QB is sacrificing control that often. A handful, sure. Not consistenly all game, regardless of what's happening. It's on the OC to do HIS job, and beat the guy across the field. McDaniels sucks at chess.

Do the Jets get the credit for the pick 6 the way you're talking up the Pats D for picking off a rookie? 

Brady has not been sharp this year, on the whole.  It looks like he's never played with most of those guys.  Weird.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Do the Jets get the credit for the pick 6 the way you're talking up the Pats D for picking off a rookie? 

Brady has not been sharp this year, on the whole.  It looks like he's never played with most of those guys.  Weird.

Hey everyone on BDC, see how I just deleted the part HE responded to...as to not have an ABSURDLY LONG RESPONSE!!!! Ok, thanks...

Glad you asked actually! On the play Brady threw that pick, the Pats ran 4 guys out into routes. One up the left sideline, the other 3 running routes TOWARDS the left sideline between the LOS and about 12-15 yards downfield, all left of the Center at the time of the pass.

Go back and look if you can. Absolutely horrible play design, nevermind execution. Why would the offense willingly shrink the field for the D? I just don't get it. I've made excuses for McDaniels in the past. I'm now convinced, he is pitiful. He has an effective run game that he REFUSES to use, even though they have VERY GOOD run blockers, and a spread of 3 distinct backs to deploy. During the preseason, I actually thought I might to get to see some of these guys (and Vereen) on the field together! That's obviously laughable!

And then look at Brady's stats through 7 games. He is BAD this season up to this point. Not even average. 7 games, nearly half the season, is not a small sample. I do think he'lll get better, if he survives. But McDaniels provides no hope for creative, or effective playcalling. It's consistent all right. Unfortunately, not the kind of consistency they need right now. Or anyone needs. Or would need. Ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Ridley 4.0

Blount 4.1

Bolden about 5.4

Brady's passer rating is below 80. He's underthrowing everything. Only 8 tds and 5 picks. Through 7 games. That's depressing considering how much they are forcing the pass.

If the pass was working better. OR, the run was working worse, I could understand.

The D is suffering because of it. They've been playing absolutely balls out, incredible football. And a 30 gets hung on them because they run 22 passes and 4 runs over the final quarter and OT in addition to puting 7 directly on the board for the Jets.

I guaranfuckingtee the OLine would LOVE to get some running game going. No question. None. Every offensive lineman on the planet prefers run blocking to pass protection. Every single one.

They're going to run the D into the ground (yes, even more) and/or get Brady killed with this absurdity.

Speaking of...is Brady to blame for any of this? Partly. But he's the QB. McDaniels runs the offense, if it isn't working, it's on him to fix it. Brady. like every QB in history post 1970 has a big ego, and probably genuinely believes he could pass 100% of the time and win. It's that confidence that makes players great, it's up to the coaches to harness it and not get sucked in like motherfking fanboys. Don't expect Brady to audible 10 times in a game to a run because the D is giving it to him. Won't happen. It's nice to think it would, but no QB is sacrificing control that often. A handful, sure. Not consistenly all game, regardless of what's happening. It's on the OC to do HIS job, and beat the guy across the field. McDaniels sucks at chess.

Agree. The D has been awesome and thought they played hard today, but were left out to dry by our offense unabel to do anything in the second half.  It was like SB 46 in that way.

Cincy game was just like this one.  Mostly on Brady where it affects our D having to continue to be back on the field so frequently.

Just give it up, hater.

The O sucked, the D sucked, the coaching SUCKED.

Period!  NO DEBATE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Mcdaniels sux, anybody who would draft tebow in the first round when nobody wanted him is an idiot. I miss Weiss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Hey everyone on BDC, see how I just deleted the part HE responded to...as to not have an ABSURDLY LONG RESPONSE!!!! Ok, thanks...

Glad you asked actually! On the play Brady threw that pick, the Pats ran 4 guys out into routes. One up the left sideline, the other 3 running routes TOWARDS the left sideline between the LOS and about 12-15 yards downfield, all left of the Center at the time of the pass.

Go back and look if you can. Absolutely horrible play design, nevermind execution. Why would the offense willingly shrink the field for the D? I just don't get it. I've made excuses for McDaniels in the past. I'm now convinced, he is pitiful. He has an effective run game that he REFUSES to use, even though they have VERY GOOD run blockers, and a spread of 3 distinct backs to deploy. During the preseason, I actually thought I might to get to see some of these guys (and Vereen) on the field together! That's obviously laughable!

And then look at Brady's stats through 7 games. He is BAD this season up to this point. Not even average. 7 games, nearly half the season, is not a small sample. I do think he'lll get better, if he survives. But McDaniels provides no hope for creative, or effective playcalling. It's consistent all right. Unfortunately, not the kind of consistency they need right now. Or anyone needs. Or would need. Ever.

But bb brought josh back. He must think highly of him or he wouldn't be OC of this team, right?

i think the analysis on Brady is fair. He has been mediocre through the first 7 games. The question is why? Has he finally fallen off his game or is it a case of too many new faces at one time?

if you believe the former, then some tough questions need to be asked, like is it time? Should this be it for Brady? Should we take his money and invest it on p,ayers we will be strapped to resign like Talib, and possibly acquire some good FA's? 

i admit, I love Brady. We all owe him a ton of gratitude. We will most likely never have another QB of his caliber, but SB teams can be built and sb's won without it. So, is it time? 

If you believe the latter, then your premise that things will get better as the season goes on probably is correct. The hope is that it comes together faster than game 16 or we will be sitting home for the Playoffs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Mcdaniels sux, anybody who would draft tebow in the first round when nobody wanted him is an idiot. I miss Weiss

I hear you, but that ocean liner sailed many moons ago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Agree, I don't even know why this is a question, we carried 5 RB's to enter this season.  

Want to get some rookie WR's open, start with play action.  We entered this game as 22nd in the NFL in rushing attempts, we were 2nd over all last season, you really want to know why this offense is struggling, lack of rhythm is solved by running the ball...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I am baffled as to why Ridley played so little. He got a huge 4th down conversion and then ran for a touchdown. Did he get hurt again last week or was this a Belichek or McDaniels curve ball. I am not a huge fan of running back by commitee. If he is healthy and they have a lead  (which they did for a lot of the game) he should be getting 20 runs per.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

As long as Josh McDaniel remains an employee of the New England Patriots, we will never have an identity on O. We SHOULD be a run 1st play action offense but Joshy would rather pick blindly thru a binder of crap......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

As long as Josh McDaniel remains an employee of the New England Patriots, we will never have an identity on O. We SHOULD be a run 1st play action offense but Joshy would rather pick blindly thru a binder of crap......

I'm starting to wonder if Josh McD is the problem.  

Does anyone ever think that this how the offense is run?

McD: Tom, this what we have to do on this drive.

Brady: I'm doing what I want.

McD: But, maybe we need to run it more and Gronk isn't up to---

Brady: Shut up, Josh.  It's MY offense, MINE! and I'm calling the plays on the field.  Go back and shine your clipboard.  I'm calling this from my wristband.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

I'm starting to wonder if Josh McD is the problem.  

Does anyone ever think that this how the offense is run?

McD: Tom, this what we have to do on this drive.

Brady: I'm doing what I want.

McD: But, maybe we need to run it more and Gronk isn't up to---

Brady: Shut up, Josh.  It's MY offense, MINE! and I'm calling the plays on the field.  Go back and shine your clipboard.  I'm calling this from my wristband.

No, this makes no sense and has been virtually disproven in the past. Belichick runs the team and if you are right why was the offense so good last year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Ridley 4.0

Blount 4.1

Bolden about 5.4

Agree. The D has been awesome and thought they played hard today, but were left out to dry by our offense unabel to do anything in the second half.  It was like SB 46 in that way.

Cincy game was just like this one.  Mostly on Brady where it affects our D having to continue to be back on the field so frequently.

Just give it up, hater.

The O sucked, the D sucked, the coaching SUCKED.

Period!  NO DEBATE!

The D DID NOT suck, and special teams were pretty good minus the bonehead play of the year. 2/3 of BB's thirds of football were played very well by the Pats. The Offense, again, was awful. They only put 20 points on the board.

THe end of last week probably intensified the problems and made Jiminy Cricket McDaniels proof that passing IS the way to win.

Final 26 plays of the game they ran consisted of 22 passes. At no point were they losing by more than 6, time was never a factor, and they were even TIED at one point...and didn't run the ball. I mean, those 4 runs only netted 26 yards, I can understand the wholesale abandonment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

The balance is way off.  Need to feature runs more to help the passing game which has become quite predictable with Brady zeroing in on his favorites.  Still, all's not lost.  No need for hand wringing, subject of another post!

Red Sox 2013 ALCS Champion, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

Sections
Shortcuts