32 high draft picks over 7 years.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: 32 high draft picks over 7 years.

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Coddled, spoiled, doesn't try, plays poor, costs his team 2 sb's, doesn't work well with others. Gee, why does bb keep this turd? It baffles the mind Russ.

[/QUOTE]

So true. And BB claims Tom is the greatest leader he has ever been around. That quote must have left Rusty butt-sore for days.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Win 1 super bowl = great team-builder
    Close runner-up in 2 SBs = poor team-builder
    I think I'm starting to get it.

[/QUOTE]

Win 2 SBs with hot and cold QB = great team builder.

Close runner up in 2 SBs in 8 years with best HC and QB in the game = mediocre team builder.

Now you got it.

[/QUOTE]

Brady and the offense CHOKED in the postseason.

GOT IT

Just like the rest of the country.

[/QUOTE]

The rest of the country choked? You been getting bombed again?

Anyway, I think you're confusing Brady with the D. They are the ones who CHOKED at the end of 2 SBs, turning Eli into a "clutch" legend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jrmccook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not being a BB apologist, but it should be taken into consideration that the Patriots have drafted at the end of the draft every year since 2001 since they have had success on the field every single year.  The early draft picks they did have were from trades with other teams and not consistently picked at the top of the draft in later rounds.

[/QUOTE]

Are you taking into consideration that BB hasn't had to worry about finding a franchise QB for 12 years, while others have had to expend huge draft resources in search of that? Probably not. People tend to see only the things that bolster their point of view.

That lament about not drafting at the top of the rounds is rather moot, since before the rookie wage scale, top 10 picks were a huge financial gamble against the cap.

[/QUOTE]

The good news is Babe feels superior to BB because he hasn't had a single draft bust since 1983 when he failed to sign Fred the Baker during his work's dunkin doughnuts employee football league which folded shortly due to rising costs when they tried to re-enact the snow plow game using flour and powdered sugar.

The bad news is Babe is an arm chair pseudo fan who only finds time to pretend he's a patriots fan and look for ways to complain about the team, it's draft picks, ect versus focusing on the things the team has accomplished. If he was truly a fan, he'd compare these drafts and teams to the horrible drafts and teams of gm's past, and the drafts of other gm's in the nfl and know that while BB isn't perfect, and no GM truly is, he's doing a decent job, especially in recent years.

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.

[/QUOTE]

You like all your posts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm not being a BB apologist, but it should be taken into consideration that the Patriots have drafted at the end of the draft every year since 2001 since they have had success on the field every single year.  The early draft picks they did have were from trades with other teams and not consistently picked at the top of the draft in later rounds.

[/QUOTE]

Are you taking into consideration that BB hasn't had to worry about finding a franchise QB for 12 years, while others have had to expend huge draft resources in search of that? Probably not. People tend to see only the things that bolster their point of view.

That lament about not drafting at the top of the rounds is rather moot, since before the rookie wage scale, top 10 picks were a huge financial gamble against the cap.

[/QUOTE]

The good news is Babe feels superior to BB because he hasn't had a single draft bust since 1983 when he failed to sign Fred the Baker during his work's dunkin doughnuts employee football league which folded shortly due to rising costs when they tried to re-enact the snow plow game using flour and powdered sugar.

The bad news is Babe is an arm chair pseudo fan who only finds time to pretend he's a patriots fan and look for ways to complain about the team, it's draft picks, ect versus focusing on the things the team has accomplished. If he was truly a fan, he'd compare these drafts and teams to the horrible drafts and teams of gm's past, and the drafts of other gm's in the nfl and know that while BB isn't perfect, and no GM truly is, he's doing a decent job, especially in recent years.

[/QUOTE]

If you had a clue you would know that I say BB is an average GM. That fits in line with your hopes that people know "he's doing a decent job". Unfortunately, you've proven to be another poster of worthless drivel; so it's ignore time, otherwise I might start calling you a moron; and some people can't handle the truth.

[/QUOTE]
    I finally made the ignore list! I guess I took it a little too personal by bringing up the curse of fred with Babe.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

I like this guy!^

[/QUOTE]

Of course you do. He's you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what really sad Babe is the lack of understanding by some posters of just how great Brady(not you of course) really is.  The Pats success could only have been achieved by Mr. Brady.  Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers could never have accomplished what Brady has with Pats.

BB would have been fired years ago if not for Brady, just like what happened in Cleveland.

[/QUOTE]

We know BB's record without Brady - Seven seasons and only one playoff berth. The facts say it all.

And with Brady, he will soon have 11 playoff berths out of 12 tries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Geez another thread like this one... how original.

If there are no injuries to Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo and Vollmer there is a high likelihood that this team is undefeated, that the defense is the best in the entire NFL and people are talking about this team as one of the all time greats.

The only reason this threads exists is due to overwhelming injury to some the best players in the NFL at their respective positions, otherwise all this troll talk would have slunk away to hide in some dark place whispering and mumbling about Belichick sucking.

He has won 73% of his games, won three Super Bowls, been to five... if this sucks, than who is better?

Dumb....

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I realize how unoriginal and dumb the thread is wozzy.

But what's way more amazing to me is how few people can just simply answer the damned question.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

His stats are misleading vs Cleveland and Miami because they came in a bunch, which mask his stats from QTR 1-3.

[/QUOTE]

Explain for us how stats gained in any particular time in the game as opposed to another time in the game, are "misleading"? Are two TDs in the 4th quarter worth less than 2 TDs in the first quarter? Enlighten us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

List for me, from these 32 picks in the first 3 rounds since 2006, the ones you think were GREAT picks at their spot in the draft?

Here they are.

Thomas, Jackson, Maroney, Meriweather, Mayo, Wheatley, Crable, O'Connel, Chung, Brace, Butler, Vollmer, Tate, McKenzie, McCourty, Gronk, Cunningham, Spikes, Price, Solder, Dowling, Vereen, Ridley, Mallet, Jones, Hightower, Wilson, Bequette, Collins, Dobson, Ryan and Harmon.

[/QUOTE]

Another day another baby whine from the poster who knows nothing about football except that watching Brady in tight pants gives him wood.

Why don't you become a Jets fan Babe? Over there a moron like you would look like a genius

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

List for me, from these 32 picks in the first 3 rounds since 2006, the ones you think were GREAT picks at their spot in the draft?

Here they are.

Thomas, Jackson, Maroney, Meriweather, Mayo, Wheatley, Crable, O'Connel, Chung, Brace, Butler, Vollmer, Tate, McKenzie, McCourty, Gronk, Cunningham, Spikes, Price, Solder, Dowling, Vereen, Ridley, Mallet, Jones, Hightower, Wilson, Bequette, Collins, Dobson, Ryan and Harmon.

[/QUOTE]

looks like a pretty average GM to me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here they are.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Funny how many refuse to answer the question (not meaning you). I think the homers are mostly embarrassed to actually list them, since doing so would stick out like a sore thumb in this light.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here they are.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Funny how many refuse to answer the question (not meaning you). I think the homers are mostly embarrassed to actually list them, since doing so would stick out like a sore thumb in this light.

[/QUOTE]

As a favor to you, Babe, I answered your question because you asked me to and you didn't even acknowledge my response much less analyze my assessment.  This hurst me on a deep personal level and I'm now going to resort to calling you names - you young *(^@# you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here they are.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As a favor to you, Babe, I answered your question because you asked me to and you didn't even acknowledge my response much less analyze my assessment.  This hurst me on a deep personal level and I'm now going to resort to calling you names - you young *(^@# you.

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if you answer the question. I answered it with an honest assessment of the picks at the time the player was drafted and it was pretty a normal draft review. There were some bad picks, some ok picks, and some great picks. There were picks that most media outlets also believed were great picks like Maroney and Jackson but turned p ut to be a bust due to maroneys shoulder injury, and jackson just not being a good player.

There were picks called reaches that were true, like Tavom Wilson, or Ron Brace, but there were reaches like Sebastian Volmer who turned out to be top 5 at their positions in the league.  We had picks that were injury gambles that didn't work like Dowling, and then pay offs like Gronk.

Over all the draft is a crap shoot and just like 31 other teams in the league the GM hits and misses, the coaching staff develops some guys and fails to develop others. We have guys like Wheatley and Brace who just never figured things out on any team, but then guys like Butler and Tate who became impact players on other teams. Butler had 3 ints the other week and Tate is one of the top return men in the league for 5 years now( anybody think we could use that?).

Anyway the each person will have their own perception of what is good and bad general manager work, unfortunately in babes case he has a perception without perspective.  He would tell us BB is a bum GM without naming GM'S that have performed better then BB. When pressed he would throw out names of SB winning GMs over the last 8 years, but then we would use our brains and say things like, hey the Giants have won SB's but are the worst team in the league this year. Is that great GM work?

Then we would know that great GM work, is team building and keeping your team competing for a super bowl year in and year out, but Babe doesn't care about that fact, because Babe has an agenda to push on us Patriot fans, and that agenda is to tell all who will listen that BB doesn't know anything about building a team in the national football league. When you step outside of the box and look at that statement,  it is beyond laughable.  It is insulting.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here they are.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if you answer the question. I answered it with an honest assessment of the picks at the time the player was drafted and it was pretty a normal draft review. There were some bad picks, some ok picks, and some great picks. There were picks that most media outlets also believed were great picks like Maroney and Jackson but turned p ut to be a bust due to maroneys shoulder injury, and jackson just not being a good player.

There were picks called reaches that were true, like Tavom Wilson, or Ron Brace, but there were reaches like Sebastian Volmer who turned out to be top 5 at their positions in the league.  We had picks that were injury gambles that didn't work like Dowling, and then pay offs like Gronk.

Over all the draft is a crap shoot and just like 31 other teams in the league the GM hits and misses, the coaching staff develops some guys and fails to develop others. We have guys like Wheatley and Brace who just never figured things out on any team, but then guys like Butler and Tate who became impact players on other teams. Butler had 3 ints the other week and Tate is one of the top return men in the league for 5 years now( anybody think we could use that?).

Anyway the each person will have their own perception of what is good and bad general manager work, unfortunately in babes case he has a perception without perspective.  He would tell us BB is a bum GM without naming GM'S that have performed better then BB. When pressed he would throw out names of SB winning GMs over the last 8 years, but then we would use our brains and say things like, hey the Giants have won SB's but are the worst team in the league this year. Is that great GM work?

Then we would know that great GM work, is team building and keeping your team competing for a super bowl year in and year out, but Babe doesn't care about that fact, because Babe has an agenda to push on us Patriot fans, and that agenda is to tell all who will listen that BB doesn't know anything about building a team in the national football league. When you step outside of the box and look at that statement,  it is beyond laughable.  It is insulting.  

[/QUOTE]

I think u misunderstand this whole thread TC...it is in reaction to those-and one particular fanatic -who claim Belichick is the "greatest" GM ever...he isn't and this thread is only out to show that not to make him out to be bad or unsuccessful...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here they are.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

btw yes 2 championships in 5 years and considering the competition they beat to do so is very good GM work...i think Reese has provided plenty of NFL talent to this current roster. Injuries, bad luck and worst of all bad/underachieving play has more to do with Giants subpar year...nor btw are they the "worst" team in football tho I can understand a Pats fan wanting to think so

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here they are.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I read it. I analyzed it. I disagreed with it. I kept that to myself.

I'm just observing how this shakes out. Conclusions will likely ensue. Watch out what you ask for ATJ Smile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here they are.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if you answer the question. I answered it with an honest assessment of the picks at the time the player was drafted and it was pretty a normal draft review.

[/QUOTE]

I corrected your misconception regarding the clearly stated nature of the question.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here they are.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I read it. I analyzed it. I disagreed with it. I kept that to myself.

I'm just observing how this shakes out. Conclusions will likely ensue. Watch out what you ask for ATJ Smile.

[/QUOTE]

You disagreed with me???  You disagreed with me??? Why that means that you are a know-nothing, Pats-hating, low-life, almost-as-old-as-I-am old bastahd!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I noticed that you are missing Ghostkowski, Slater, Edelman, Mesko, Hernandez, Cannon, Dennard and Boyce...

[/QUOTE]

Just going with the top 3 rounds.

[/QUOTE]

SO...in essence, you want to focus on the high round misses, while giving no credit for the low round hits?

It's much easier to convince yourself when you look at only ONE side of the coin I suppose.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This tired, old argument fails to hold water. Here we go again:

1.) 2006: BB used the 21st overall pick on RB Laurence Maroney, the 36th overall pick on WR Chad Jackson, and the 86th overall pick on TE David Thomas;

2.) 2007: BB selected FS Brandon Meriweather at #24;

3.) 2008: Selected LB Jerod Mayo at #10, the forgetable CB Terrence Wheatley at #62, the even more forgetable LB Shaun "Betty Grable" Crable at #78, and QB Kevin O'Connell at #94;

4.) 2009: BB took SS Patrick Chung at #34, DT Ron Brace at #40, CB Darius Butler at #41, OT Sebastien Vollmer at #58, WR Brandon Tate at #83, and LB Tyrone McKenzie at #97;

5.) 2010: Selected DB Devin McCourty at #27, TE Rob Gronkowski at #42, DE Jermaine Cunningham at #53, LB Brandon Spikes at #62, and WR Taylor Price at #90;

6.) 2011: Took OT Nate Solder at #17, CB Ras-I Dowling at #33, RB Shane Vereen at #56, RB Stevan Ridley at #73, QB Ryan Mallett at #74;

7.) 2012: BB selected DE Chandler Jones at #21, LB Dont'a Hightower at #25, the incomparable SS Tavon Wilson at #48, and Jake Bequette at #90;

8.) 2013: The Pats drafted LB Jamie Collins at #52, WR Aaron Dobson at #59, CB Logan Ryan at #83, and SS Duron Harmon at #91.  

It's unfair to judge the 2013 draft class after one year. But, from 2006-12, the Pats had seven (7) first round draft picks, 12 second round draft picks, and nine (9) third round picks. That's a grand total of 28 top 100 picks, over seven (7) years.

Of the seven (7) first rounders, four (4) have become good players.

Of the 12 second rounders, only Vollmer, Gronk, and Vereen have panned out.

Of the nine (9) third rounders, only Stevan Ridley has contibuted.

So...of these 28 top 100 picks, only eight have been worthwhile. That's just 29% hits, and a whopping 71% failures. Keep this in mind when you ask yourselves why the Patriots have gotten old at certain positions, and have been forced to comb the free agency scrap heap for players?   

[/QUOTE]

TPat: Thanks for the summary. How does the Patriot success/failure rate compare to other NFL teams? Surely someone has done an analysis.

[/QUOTE]

What difference does it make what other teams are doing? This is abysmal! If someone wants to bother to look that up...be my guest. I'm sick and tired of the Homers making excuses for BB's poor drafts. Take Tom Brady away from this team, and they would suck. Any one who thinks differently, consider this...you are agreeing with Rusty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

What difference does it make what other teams are doing? This is abysmal! If someone wants to bother to look that up...be my guest. I'm sick and tired of the Homers making excuses for BB's poor drafts. Take Tom Brady away from this team, and they would suck. Any one who thinks differently, consider this...you are agreeing with Rusty.

If your child gets a 50 out of 100 on a test but everyone else got a 40 would you call that abysmal? Comparing to what everyone else is doing is not making excuses.

If you take Tom Brady away from this team we then draft an Aaron Rodgers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I noticed that you are missing Ghostkowski, Slater, Edelman, Mesko, Hernandez, Cannon, Dennard and Boyce...

[/QUOTE]

Just going with the top 3 rounds.

[/QUOTE]

SO...in essence, you want to focus on the high round misses, while giving no credit for the low round hits?

It's much easier to convince yourself when you look at only ONE side of the coin I suppose.

[/QUOTE]

No. I have never criticized BB for a low round miss, so I wouldn't praise him for a low round hit. It's far too much just dumb luck over the last few rounds. It's so much a matter of luck, that you're probably going to find as many gems as UDFAs as you will in those later rounds.

I restrict my expectations of a GM to rounds one through three, because that is where building a team is made or broken for the most part.

I know the homers of the world would LOVE to add Brady in the 6th round as a huge drafting feather in BB's cap, but that is dishonest, so I can't join in the dishonest fun.

The first 3 rounds of the draft are where champions are grown.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Babe exposed.  Pats lose because Brady wanted to throw more in the second half with a 10-7 lead, even tied 10-10 through the 3rd, and now he's mortified after all kinds of rookies, younger players and even UDFAs are playing well for our team.

So, this thread pretty much is moronic as we knew last week, but it looks even worse now. lol

[/QUOTE]

^ Rantings of a psychotic delusional.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Past is past. If BB can replicate what he did in last years draft....we can ALL admit maybe he's learning............

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

And honestly barring injuries he's done pretty good since Pioli left.................  Every draft and EVERY TEAM has hits and misses and BB has defn had his but over the past few drafts and UDFA pick ups, he's created a team that can and has withstood the crazy injuries suffered. Brady is the glue but  BB gave him the pieces to have yet another SB to stick too....

Sections
Shortcuts