1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: 36.4

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to Neal Page's comment:

It seems counter-intuitive to run at a good Run D, but it's the key to pull away from them in the second half.  

Boy oh boy, I hope BB is reading this. Do you think he has figured out this nugget of wisdom about how to coach a team yet?

Run against a good run D late... Brilliant! I bet that works every time.

Here's the deal the Patriots as rule under Belicheck devise game plans that play to our strengths and attack the opponents weaknesses. It's all based on personnel and match-ups...If you look at the Jet's game as an example. When the Jet's played nickle on first or second downs the Patriots hammered them with the run with success. When the Jet's went big, they threw it attacking the linebacker underneath...the touchdown to Edelmen in was set-up with the run, becasue the Jet's safties were cheating up in the box to support the run...

This years team with Ridley & Vereen. The Patriots now have back's that when they're on the field in short yardage situations and early downs where teams are more likely to run the ball. The opposing defenses have to account for them. Which opens up the play book and the cause an effect is that if the Patriots execute the play called their ability to move the chains and ultimately put points on the board increase exponetially. The more predictable the play is the more likely the defense will be able to stop it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

I just want them to run up the score during the playoffs! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You don't mix it up when you have a backup quality guy as your lead back. Simple, eh?

And explain for us laymen how "when you run" has to do with overall "balance"?

You can't really believe that when you run has nothing to do with balance or that it doesn't affect a RB's performance. If you only run in certain situations then the other team can essentially put personal on the field during those situations to counter the run. The result is that they play pass protection in passing plays along with rushing the QB and not having to worry about the run and they play run stop on running plays. Naturally the YPC average is going to go down if you run when they are planning on you to run the ball. Now because of Brady not every team can stop him but those that can rush 4 and put pressure on him can then drop 7 back and clear the box not having to worry about the run can. We've seen this in the last 3 playoff years. Good D's in the playoffs give Brady fits because they drop 7 back and rush 4 on downs they knew the Pats weren't going to run on and Brady's numbers drastically decreased against those teams.

It's not rocket science, heck it's not even high school science. If you are using 1 style of play a large portion of time in certain situations they is no balance in the play calling and the other team can game plan around that. Balance is not a run to pass ratio but the whole combination of factors (BB has said this himself and so has Brady). You need a mix of run and pass, along with using them in different situations to keep the D on their heels. That's what balance does, it makes your play calling of 2 choices unpredictable increasing the yards gained and increasing the % chance of success for any given play called. It's cause and effect (I hope you've heard of that before this moment). Unbalanced, D game plans around it and odds of success along with average yards per play decreases. Balanced, because of less predictablity, D can't game plan around it odds of success along with average yards per play increases.

Really, with it happening right in front of you, you are still denying that it is happening.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

You don't mix it up when you have a backup quality guy as your lead back. Simple, eh?

You can't really believe that when you run has nothing to do with balance or that it doesn't affect a RB's performance.

I didn't say that did I? I asked what the timing had to do with the balance.

But because of your dishonest tendencies you try to portray it as if I had asked about effectiveness.

That's pretty much how you roll all the time. Constantly saying others said something they didn't say. Answering questions thay didn't ask as if they had asked them.

You really can't be taken seriously around here anymore because you have been exposed as a serial liar and a person devoid of a normal level of honesty.

Even Rusty doesn't constantly use these dishonest tactics.

And..... yes, I can believe when you run has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with overall balance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You can't really believe that when you run has nothing to do with balance or that it doesn't affect a RB's performance.

But because of your dishonest tendencies you try to portray it as if I had asked about effectiveness.

That's pretty much how you roll all the time. Constantly saying others said something they didn't say. Answering questions thay didn't ask as if they had asked them.

You really can't be taken seriously around here anymore because you have been exposed as a serial liar and a person devoid of a normal level of honesty.

And..... yes, I can believe when you run has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with overall balance.

You did in your own response and you call me a serial liar. I mean really Babe, when you lose a debate you resort to calling me a liar to try to discredit me when you have no logic response. That's dishonest tactics at it's finest. When you can't stand on your own evidence attack, common tactic for you

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You can't really believe that when you run has nothing to do with balance or that it doesn't affect a RB's performance. If you only run in certain situations then the other team can essentially put personal on the field during those situations to counter the run. The result is that they play pass protection in passing plays along with rushing the QB and not having to worry about the run and they play run stop on running plays. Naturally the YPC average is going to go down if you run when they are planning on you to run the ball. Now because of Brady not every team can stop him but those that can rush 4 and put pressure on him can then drop 7 back and clear the box not having to worry about the run can. We've seen this in the last 3 playoff years. Good D's in the playoffs give Brady fits because they drop 7 back and rush 4 on downs they knew the Pats weren't going to run on and Brady's numbers drastically decreased against those teams.

It's not rocket science, heck it's not even high school science. If you are using 1 style of play a large portion of time in certain situations they is no balance in the play calling and the other team can game plan around that. Balance is not a run to pass ratio but the whole combination of factors (BB has said this himself and so has Brady). You need a mix of run and pass, along with using them in different situations to keep the D on their heels. That's what balance does, it makes your play calling of 2 choices unpredictable increasing the yards gained and increasing the % chance of success for any given play called. It's cause and effect (I hope you've heard of that before this moment). Unbalanced, D game plans around it and odds of success along with average yards per play decreases. Balanced, because of less predictablity, D can't game plan around it odds of success along with average yards per play increases.

Really, with it happening right in front of you, you are still denying that it is happening.

ALL last year "balance" was about how frequently we ran the ball compared to passing the ball. NOW, since it has been exposed that we aren't actually running all that much more, it is suddenly about when we run the ball. Hilarious.

And then we get lectures about predictability as if that most basic football axiom is somehow news to anybody over 5 years old to be dispensed by the wise minions of the run club. LMAO

Even when it's laid out for you in plain cold hard facts, you just can't - learn the game.

We are running a little more because Ridley is better than Benny - that's the bottom line. Just like BB has said he would.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

ALL last year "balance" was about how frequently we ran the ball compared to passing the ball. NOW, since it has been exposed that we aren't actually running all that much more, it is suddenly about when we run the ball. Hilarious.

And then we get lectures about predictability as if that most basic football axiom is somehow news to anybody over 5 years old to be dispensed by the wise minions of the run club. LMAO

Even when it's laid out for you in plain cold hard facts, you just can't - learn the game.

We are running a little more because Ridley is better than Benny - that's the bottom line. Just like BB has said he would.

You're a liar. I have always said balance was a combination of run:pass ratio and mixing it up. Prove I didn't

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BTW Babe who said:

"And explain for us laymen how "when you run" has to do with overall "balance"?" 

Which means you don't believe it did. So yes you are a liar when you said "I didn't say that"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You did in your own response and you call me a serial liar. I mean really Babe, when you lose a debate you resort to calling me a liar to try to discredit me when you have no logic response. That's dishonest tactics at it's finest. When you can't stand on your own evidence attack, common tactic for you

Hilarious. What was my lie again? Be specific.

I exposed your direct and dishonesty lies in the past and just now. And you lie again and say I lied.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hilarious. What was my lie again? Be specific.

I exposed your direct and dishonesty lies in the past and just now. And you lie again and say I lied.

You have to be a politician or a lawyer because you aren't a scientist by any means. You alluded to multiple times and have directly questioned that when you run the ball has nothing to do with balance. BB himself said balance affects performance and I trust him over you but you continue to question that any increase in performance can be affected by proper balance. You call me a liar without citing the same facts and criteria you ask of others. Well if you want to call me a liar then the burden of proof is on you. Find one statement I made and show proof that it is indeed a lie. Go ahead, if you ask this much proof on others then provide it yourself if you are calling my character into question. Where's the proof I lied

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You're a liar. I have always said balance was a combination of run:pass ratio and mixing it up. Prove I didn't

Prove it? THE WHOLE THREAD PROVES IT.

You just above defined "balance" as a ratio, and throughout the thread you are saying "balance" is not a ratio but rather WHEN you run.

Can you grasp the concept that those are two different things? A ratio has nothing to do with when.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You just above defined "balance" as a ratio, and throughout the thread you are saying "balance" is not a ratio but rather WHEN you run.

Can you grasp the concept that those are two different things? A ratio has nothing to do with when.

Find a direct quote where I said that or you're lieing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Here's your quotes.

"I have always said balance was a combination of run:pass ratio and mixing it up."

"You can't really believe that when you run has nothing to do with balance"

Which is it? A ratio or when?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Here's your quotes.

"I have always said balance was a combination of run:pass ratio and mixing it up."

ROFL look at the quote you posted " balance was a combination of run:pass ratio AND mixing it up" did you miss that mixing it up part or do you not know what the definition of 'and' is? The mixing it up is when you run the ball. Great job proving yourself wrong

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Here's your quotes.

ROFL look at the quote you posted " balance was a combination of run:pass ratio AND mixing it up" did you miss that mixing it up part or do you not know what the definition of 'and' is? The mixing it up is when you run the ball. Great job proving yourself wrong

Unfortunately you fail to grasp that your statement is an oxymoron. When you run has absolutely nothing to do with the ratio of your running.

You can run 30 times each in two games.

If in one game you run 30 straight times then pass let's say 40 times; and in the other game you run then follow it with a pass and then run etc. etc..... until you have run 30 times and then just pass until you reach 40...

The ratio is exactly the same but the when is different. Duh.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Unfortunately you fail to grasp that your statement is an oxymoron. When you run has absolutely nothing to do with the ratio of your running.

If in one game you run 30 straight times then pass let's say 40 times; and in the other game you run then follow it with a pass and then run etc. etc..... until you have run 30 times and passes 40 times...

Appearently you don't know what the definition of 'and' and (sorry might have to explain that word to you) 'oxymoron' are. And, is not a reference to a direct combination of when you run and ratio such as if you run 30 times in a row and then pass 40 times in a row that does not constitute balance. But, mixing it up (my actual terms) is a reference to using the run in an unpredictable manner while maintaining a proper ratio (not one hard fast ratio but a proper range of ratios) is what leads to balance. That's how english is presented, with context. You actual have to understand context and the english langauge to get these concepts, something you appearently lack. Maybe you need some refresher courses in contextual reading and writing. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If in one game you run 30 straight times then pass let's say 40 times; and in the other game you run then follow it with a pass and then run etc. etc..... until you have run 30 times and passes 40 times...

Appearently you don't know what the definition of 'and' and (sorry might have to explain that word to you) 'oxymoron' are. And, is not a reference to a direct combination of when you run and ratio such as if you run 30 times in a row and then pass 40 times in a row that does not constitute balance. But, mixing it up (my actual terms) is a reference to using the run in an unpredictable manner while maintaining a proper ratio (not one hard fast ratio but a proper range of ratios) is what leads to balance. That's how english is presented, with context. You actual have to understand context and the english langauge to get these concepts, something you appearently lack. Maybe you need some refresher courses in contextual reading and writing. 

I'm quite familiar with the english language. And a ratio and unpredictability are two very different things that you are offering as the same thing.

I'm also quite aware of what an oxymoron is. It is a figure of speech that combines contradictory terms.

Your statement that "balance was a combination of run:pass ratio AND mixing it up" can be claimed as an oxymoron for humorous effect even if not qualifying within the strict definition of an oxymoron.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Funny how this thread about the potential to set a new record for scoring turned into a "run game" thread. Where did that start, hmmm?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Not sure why there's all this back and forth about ratios and such, why not just look it up?  So, anyway...

In 2012, they've run 793 plays from scrimmage, 424 passes and 369 rushes which is 53% passes to 47% rushes.

In 2011, 1050 plays, 612 passes and 438 rushes, 59% to 41%.

In '11 they were 17th in rush attempts with 27 per game, this year they are 2nd (9 attempts behind Houston) with 34.  

They're 11th in ypc at 4.3 this year, last year tied for 21st at 4.0.

They have rushed for 18 TDs so far this year, first in the NFL.  Last year they were tied for 3rd with 18.

Whether any of this is significant is a matter of opinion I suppose. Talk amongst yourselves.  

• Sections
    Shortcuts