3rd and 18 = DMC'ed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

3rd and 18 = DMC'ed

With a chance to end the game, with  a change of possession, for a 2nd week in a row DMC blows it.  Last week it was an interference penalty.  This week God and Tebow only know what the kid was thinking as he peeled off his guy and for no apparent reason and drifted towards the middle of the field.  the result a 20+ yard first down reception and Denver TD a few plays later.  Sorry but this kid is beyond redemption at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: 3rd and 18 = DMC'ed

In Response to 3rd and 18 = DMC'ed:
    [QUOTE]With a chance to end the game, with  a change of possession, for a 2nd week in a row DMC blows it.  Last week it was an interference penalty.  This week God and Tebow only know what the kid was thinking as he peeled off his guy and for no apparent reason drifted towards the middle of the field.  the result a 20+ yard first down reception and Denver TD a few plays later.  Sorry but this kid is beyond redemption at this point.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Nah, the 3-man prevent rush was the problem. McCourty has sucked this year, but no defense can cover receivers for 7 seconds.

Fortunately, the coaching staff learned from their mistake, and rushed 4 and 5 on the remaining 3rd downs in the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: 3rd and 18 = DMC'ed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 3rd and 18 = DMC'ed : Nah, the 3-man prevent rush was the problem. McCourty has sucked this year, but no defense can cover receivers for 7 seconds. Fortunately, the coaching staff learned from their mistake, and rushed 4 and 5 on the remaining 3rd downs in the game.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

That was a problem also NY-PATS-FAN-4 but no excuse for the left turn DMC made.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah, not a good play - - - but he did have some decent coverage on other plays.  I actually felt a bit better about the secondary much of the second quarter.  Of course Tebow is a really bad QB . . . seemed to me he was looking for places to run more than he was looking for open receivers a lot of the game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]With a chance to end the game, with  a change of possession, for a 2nd week in a row DMC blows it.  Last week it was an interference penalty.  This week God and Tebow only know what the kid was thinking as he peeled off his guy and for no apparent reason and drifted towards the middle of the field.  the result a 20+ yard first down reception and Denver TD a few plays later.  Sorry but this kid is beyond redemption at this point.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

DMC made a bad play, but the defensive backfield including him looked pretty solid most of the game, granted against the worst passing threat of any QB in the league but I think it's also partially byproduct of a pass happy NFL.  

Defense happens opportunistically nowadays, rookies and average QB's are throwing for insane numbers, I'd compare it to the steroid era in baseball but it was precipitated by rule changes and marketing jackholes who thought it would make for a better game.  Defenders are the whipping boys for these new rules, especially defensive backs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah, a bad play or even a bad quarter by ALL of the defense, but they didn't let it rattle them, they got it together and forced turnovers and got the thing done.  Good complementary football by all 3 phases.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]With a chance to end the game, with  a change of possession, for a 2nd week in a row DMC blows it.  Last week it was an interference penalty.  This week God and Tebow only know what the kid was thinking as he peeled off his guy and for no apparent reason and drifted towards the middle of the field.  the result a 20+ yard first down reception and Denver TD a few plays later.  Sorry but this kid is beyond redemption at this point.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Definitely...  Because last week with his shoulder noticeably hanging limp by his side, those 8 Total Tackles, 3 Passes Defensed, and 1 Interception called back from a non-play altering penalty up front, ARE beyond any form of redemption considering that he gave up almost a 40 yard non-touchdown-scoring play somewhere in the game...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It was a dumb move by him, he saw three receivers going deep and he should've known to stay with his man in a cover 2. 

Can't be mad at him, the DBs played well. If the DBs keep it close, the pass-rush will get there.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I thought that the safety was supposed to move over to help on that. Maybe I didn't see the same thing every one else did. I know Tebow isn't much of a passing threat, but even on the Tebow incompletions, it looked like McCourty had competitive coverage. Hope that's a good sign.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]I thought that the safety was supposed to move over to help on that. Maybe I didn't see the same thing every one else did. I know Tebow isn't much of a passing threat, but even on the Tebow incompletions, it looked like McCourty had competitive coverage. Hope that's a good sign.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

I saw it the same way.  Overall I thought the DBs did a good job yesterday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]I thought that the safety was supposed to move over to help on that. Maybe I didn't see the same thing every one else did. I know Tebow isn't much of a passing threat, but even on the Tebow incompletions, it looked like McCourty had competitive coverage. Hope that's a good sign.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

It was a zone cover-2 and three receivers went deep. The two safeties picked up the other deep receivers and that meant McCourty had to pick up his guy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, he lost Thomas on that 3rd & long.  That was a poor play and no one is disputing that.  Come on though, give DMC a little credit.  Overall him as well as the rest of the secondary played a nice game yesterday.  I think DMC is slowly by surely showing improvement over the past couple of weeks and I still think he is going to be a hell of a player for the Pats for years to come.  He's faced some serious adversity this year, and he's fighting through it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

3 man rush is the right call on 3rd and 18.  The secondary has to cover.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

he thought he had help.

Knowing that Slater and Brown were back there, that was a bad assumption...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

The whole series, BB rushes 4 or 5 at tebow. Puts pressure on him, gets sacks, and forces mistakes.... On 3d and 18 he rushes three and relies on the secondary.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

IMo if not for the consistent pressure up front the Broncos could have come close to matching our offensive production, even with tebow throwing 15 yard passes 5 yards short and in the dirt.

We are gonna need Chung back to have a chance at slowing down playoff QB's. Our secondary is playing as good as they can given the personnel. It is scary.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That was a bad play, no doubt about it. But, he was actually fairly solid this game. I would say if he provided the same coverage in the playoffs I'd be happy with it. It's not the same coverage he provided last year but it was pretty solid and better then what we got from him most of this season

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Is it possible this kid pulled his brain? I'm he ain't hurt is he....was he hangin' with Killa and Faulk in off season smokin' dope or what? He better get it together or I'm riding to Gillette the 200 miles phhhuck the cold!!!
    Posted by harleyroadking12[/QUOTE]

What-up my brotha...?  Gonna try an' hit'cha back later.  Harley- NICE puppy dog! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

climbin out of it Laz climbin out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

DMC = Butler

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

That's 10 points he's cost us so far today on 2 huge bombs

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

HE did it again!!!!  Get's a penalty to give up a 3rd and 18.  A**H***!!