3rd or 4th Seed. Which is better?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

3rd or 4th Seed. Which is better?

Heard today on Sports Talk radio  some jocks saying the Pats will be better off as the 4th seed. Are they right? Is the playoff picture clear enough as to who they will play as the 3rd or 4th seed? Not saying the Pats should throw games, but resting some beat up starters, or trying out projects like Tony Logan might not be bad if the 4th seed actually offers an easier path.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: 3rd or 4th Seed. Which is better?

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/4th-seed-greater-than-3rd-seed/100/6470533

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/4th-seed-greater-than-3rd-seed/100/6470533

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, did not see your thread.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

We could still be the number one, although it is a longshot. Cleveland isn't a completly pathic push-over like some other teams. Check their schedule and results, they have been playing better of late. Everyone talk themselves down off of the cliff. Alot can happen. The most likely scenario is that we would be the 3 seed but you never know. We're usually pretty damn rusty for the first half after a bye week (last year was different because it was Tebow who blows) so maybe it can help to stay fine tuned Wild Card weekend and come out strong the next week. We were up on Denver 31-7. We beat the Texans 41-14. The sky is not falling. The Super Bowl will be played in a dome with perfect conditions for a high powered passing offense. I like our chances!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

If I am going to be out of the top two, I want to be whichever one gets houston first.  I hate Mile High, it's too much of an advantage

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

I don't think it matters much. Having to beat Pittsburgh, then at Denver, and at Houston is not very likely.  

I almost wish that BB would rest Brady, Welker, and Wilfork for the playoffs.  Who cares what we do against Jax and Miami.  We need to get for the playoffs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think mile high was tough because of Shanahan, without him the Pats send Mr. one and done home again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Couple thoughts.

If you read my other post, playing HOU first would be preferable because playing at Mile High with the Bronco's coming off a bye is dangerous.

That being said, should we be the 3 seed, it wouldn't surprise me if Indy beat the free falling Ravens.

That would set up a Indy-Hou divisional game. This would be their 3rd matchup in 5 weeks. That game was in reach for the Colts. Divisional games are always a challenge. And again, 3rd time playing each other in 5 weeks. Almost negates bye week advantage as these two teams will already know each other extremely well.

While unlikely, it isn't impossible. 1 seeds get upset all the time. 3rd seed can open a road to a Pit/Cin-Den=Indy playoff road.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think it matters much. Having to beat Pittsburgh, then at Denver, and at Houston is not very likely.  

I almost wish that BB would rest Brady, Welker, and Wilfork for the playoffs.  Who cares what we do against Jax and Miami.  We need to get for the playoffs. 

[/QUOTE]

I think it's extremely likely the Pats would win all of those games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heard today on Sports Talk radio  some jocks saying the Pats will be better off as the 4th seed. Are they right? Is the playoff picture clear enough as to who they will play as the 3rd or 4th seed? Not saying the Pats should throw games, but resting some beat up starters, or trying out projects like Tony Logan might not be bad if the 4th seed actually offers an easier path.

[/QUOTE]

I thought that too last night, and I actually wrote about it.

However, after seeing who Denver played after they played teh Pats, I can comfortably say now that it does not matter whether Pats go 3 or 4. Dever is a pretender. They won all their game sbecasue tehy played really bad teams all the way

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think mile high was tough because of Shanahan, without him the Pats send Mr. one and done home again.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo.  Bring on Captain Playoff Choke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

However, after seeing who Denver played after they played teh Pats, I can comfortably say now that it does not matter whether Pats go 3 or 4. Dever is a pretender. They won all their game sbecasue tehy played really bad teams all the way

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't underestimate Denver. I think they will be the toughest test for the Pats should we come to a matchup.

Patriots played with probably an equally bad schedule last season and made it all the way to the Super Bowl.

I think second half denver is different from first half denver. And yes, they have had an easy schedule, but that does not necessarily make them a pretender. They can only play who they have on the schedule. Second half, they had no tough tests. So we don't know how they will measure up.

All I know is that they've won the games that they have been supposed to win

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Remains to be seem how Manning  does outside, especiallyy in snowy winter weather at Mile High..don't forget, he is used to playing indoors and historically he hasnot done particulary well in wintery conditions...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't underestimate Denver. I think they will be the toughest test for the Pats should we come to a matchup.

Patriots played with probably an equally bad schedule last season and made it all the way to the Super Bowl.

I think second half denver is different from first half denver. And yes, they have had an easy schedule, but that does not necessarily make them a pretender. They can only play who they have on the schedule. Second half, they had no tough tests. So we don't know how they will measure up.

All I know is that they've won the games that they have been supposed to win

[/QUOTE]

i hear depat. i am just saying pats should not be more concerned about denver than houston. after the den vs. nwe game, who were the quality teams that den played?

cin - who i think is not a very good team

bal - which was a much better team when nwe played them than when den played them.

nwo?

since their meeting, nwe had to deal with...

sea, who turns out to be the real deal (and only lsot to them by a point).

stl who is playing at least as good as nwo

ind, hou and sff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think the Giants proved something in their last 2 SB winning playoff experiences.  You're either good enough to beat everyone or you're not.  If you are, you'll beat whoever they put in front of you.

Let the chips fall where they may.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Giants proved something in their last 2 SB winning playoff experiences.  You're either good enough to beat everyone or you're not.  If you are, you'll beat whoever they put in front of you.

Let the chips fall where they may.

[/QUOTE]

Best point on the thread. The Pats don't get to play the Jets, Bills and Dolphins to win the superbowl. Everyone will be good. The diferrence between the 3 super bowl wins and the 2 losses was just a play here or there.