3rd Receiver nominee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

3rd Receiver nominee

Dwayne Bowe

If this guy is available as Tim Graham's AFC East Buy/Sell article implies, then he'd be perfect (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/4655/will-afc-east-sell-or-buy-at-trade-deadline)

Check him out:
    (note that the video doesn't start until 0:17 and you should probably mute it)

He splits out wide, but still looks like a possession receiver who crosses over the middle and breaks tackles.

I just wonder what it would take to pry him away from the Chiefs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Re: 3rd Receiver nominee

In Response to 3rd Receiver nominee:
    Dwayne Bowe If this guy is available as Tim Graham's AFC East Buy/Sell article implies, then he'd be perfect ( http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/4655/will-afc-east-sell-or-buy-at-trade-deadline ) Check him out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMtU-vZOaEA (note that the video doesn't start until 0:17 and you should probably mute it) He splits out wide, but still looks like a possession receiver who crosses over the middle and breaks tackles. I just wonder what it would take to pry him away from the Chiefs.
    Posted by NickC1188

If the Pats don't make a move for someone before the deadline, it's going to be a difficult season.  For the life of me, I can't understand why the Pats aren't addressing something that should be fairly easy to fix.  It's not like the team needs an entire overhaul.  One quality WR, and RB and the Pats are good to go!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from max2157. Show max2157's posts

It's no secret the Chiefs are in rebuilding mode and with their new QB I can't see them dumping Cassel's only viable offensive weapon.  Bowe is young and a great receiver and it just would not make sense for KC to dump him.  I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats go after Lee Evans....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebasatwork. Show sebasatwork's posts

Here’s an idea, let’s shop for Mr. Popcorn…T.O. and Randy together, down the field…5 yards from each other, covering any ball from Brady…over, under, right in their arms…doesn’t matter. We can play alley-oop all day long…rust or no rust, Tommy should be able to do this simple scheme.

And we can line them up on defense, just like Randy did with the Broncos.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to 3rd Receiver nominee:
    Dwayne Bowe If this guy is available as Tim Graham's AFC East Buy/Sell article implies, then he'd be perfect ( http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/4655/will-afc-east-sell-or-buy-at-trade-deadline ) Check him out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMtU-vZOaEA (note that the video doesn't start until 0:17 and you should probably mute it) He splits out wide, but still looks like a possession receiver who crosses over the middle and breaks tackles. I just wonder what it would take to pry him away from the Chiefs.
    Posted by NickC1188

Isn't he their #1 receiver?  Why would they trade him?  I don't think that he is making huge bucks and KC is still well under the cap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: 3rd Receiver nominee:
    In Response to 3rd Receiver nominee : If the Pats don't make a move for someone before the deadline, it's going to be a difficult season.  For the life of me, I can't understand why the Pats aren't addressing something that should be fairly easy to fix.  It's not like the team needs an entire overhaul.  One quality WR, and RB and the Pats are good to go!
    Posted by Grogan77
    I know what your saying,and it looks doubtful.i really thought with the signing of seau,gallowway would have been cut,but instead it was sands.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Bowe was a first round pick ,is still very young, and is becoming a viable weapon for Cassell & Co. I can't see Pioli trading the only weapon Cassel has (cf: No Gonzo). Unless he wants to package Bowe and some picks to get Fork to play the nose in his new and improved 3-4 base (can't see that happening either).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Anyone who can help this team win a championship!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Bowe was a first round pick ,is still very young, and is becoming a viable weapon for Cassell & Co. I can't see Pioli trading the only weapon Cassel has (cf: No Gonzo). Unless he wants to package Bowe and some picks to get Fork to play the nose in his new and improved 3-4 base (can't see that happening either).
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

I think this is correct. You can forget about Bowe - there is a reason that we would really want him and that is why KC will not let him go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from footballin. Show footballin's posts

How about get Brady back where he needs to be then worry about receivers. It doesn't matter if we had the leagues best receivers, HE ISN'T DELIVERING CONSISTENTLY and can't get the ball down the field. How about use the guys we have for what they are good at. I've yet to see Galloway go on a deep route and even if he did, he'd just get overthrown like Moss has been. And...a new offensive coordinator would certainly help.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

In Response to 3rd Receiver nominee : If the Pats don't make a move for someone before the deadline, it's going to be a difficult season.  For the life of me, I can't understand why the Pats aren't addressing something that should be fairly easy to fix.  It's not like the team needs an entire overhaul.  One quality WR, and RB and the Pats are good to go!
    Posted by Grogan77

It took the Patriots 5 weeks to discover that they needed another

middle linebacker to play a 3-4 defense.  It will probably take them

another 5 weeks to determine that neither Galloway or Aiken is an

adequate #3 receiver.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I've asked this question at least ten times on as many threads and still haven't had any factual feedback yet. Does anybody know what the actual status is for Galloway?

Is he hurt? Is he that much of a moron that he still can't pick up the playbook? Is he on BB's s**t list? Did he just not fit into the play calling the last two games?

This guy was freaking good and I just can't understand what's going on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I've asked this question at least ten times on as many threads and still haven't had any factual feedback yet. Does anybody know what the actual status is for Galloway? Is he hurt? Is he that much of a moron that he still can't pick up the playbook? Is he on BB's s**t list? Did he just not fit into the play calling the last two games? This guy was freaking good and I just can't understand what's going on.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Healthy inactive. 

He's fine, maybe, he's on Brady's po-op list, I doubt it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

I've asked this question at least ten times on as many threads and still haven't had any factual feedback yet. Does anybody know what the actual status is for Galloway? Is he hurt? Is he that much of a moron that he still can't pick up the playbook? Is he on BB's s**t list? Did he just not fit into the play calling the last two games? This guy was freaking good and I just can't understand what's going on.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

The only trouble with Galloway is that he can't catch a football when his

feet are in bounds.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by Sam-Adams

That's one of BBs mind games; keeping everyone guessing. Its irksome for us fans to be kept in the dark along with the rest of the world.

He's not on the "did not practice" list or the injury report. He's still on the roster. My best guess is that BB and tommy are drilling the shyte out of him at practice until he gets it. 

They paid the guy almost $2 million, guaranteed, so they're only going to dump
    him as an absolute last resort.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

As Bowe was a first round pick, and has played very well, it would require substantially more than that to get him from the Chiefs.  And, it just might be worth it.

I would consider a trade of a 1st, 3rd, and Julian Edelman.  Edelman could be very attractive to a Chiefs team that is building around Matt Cassel, and Edelman could develop into Cassel's version of Wes Welker.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RiceintheHall. Show RiceintheHall's posts

How about coaching up Galloway.  Isn't that the Hallmark of a great coaching staff.

Lets get BenJarvis Green-Ellis back on the field.  Twinkle Toes Maroney is God aweful and we need someone who can get positive yards and not going backwards on every other play. 

PASSRUSH is the key anyway. Without that this team is cooked. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

How about coaching up Galloway.  Isn't that the Hallmark of a great coaching staff. Lets get BenJarvis Green-Ellis back on the field.  Twinkle Toes Maroney is God aweful and we need someone who can get positive yards and not going backwards on every other play.  PASSRUSH is the key anyway. Without that this team is cooked. 
    Posted by RiceintheHall

With regard to Galloway, coaching may be part of the problem.  The

wide receiver's coach is Chad O'Shea.  He was hired this year.  He had

been a coach's assistant/wide receivers with Minnesota.  He has no more

familarity with the Patriot's offensive sysyem than Galloway.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I think we need a solid running back before we worry about the WRs. We need a run game in a bad way and Edelman is just fine at the #3 spot. He will get valubal playing time which will in turn me him a better player next year. But we need a running back so thats what we shoudl focus on. Maybe a guy like Chester Taylor who had a 1200 yard rushing season right before teh Vikes drafted Peterson so he could be a good #1 RB. Any other back up RBs we could use?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

How about coaching up Galloway.  Isn't that the Hallmark of a great coaching staff. Lets get BenJarvis Green-Ellis back on the field.  Twinkle Toes Maroney is God aweful and we need someone who can get positive yards and not going backwards on every other play.  PASSRUSH is the key anyway. Without that this team is cooked. 
    Posted by RiceintheHall

I agree with you about Galloway. Hopefully its like another poster said that he's being drilled to death until they're confident he can perform. NFL Network said that the Pats pass offense is predicated on reading the safeties and making adjustments; maybe Galloway can't get it.  I'm not sold on BenJarvis and maybe he hasn't looked good in practice. I agree with you about Maroney that they should blast the Killers, "Are we human or are we dancers" when he takes the field. Maybe they can embarass him into performing. I look at Miami and the Jets and the Bills and wonder why can't we get backs like that?  Your point about the pass rush is right on and has been a problem for at least five years now. On another post someone said something about getting the CB from Oakland. He makes a fortune and there's no way we'd ever get him but the idea struck me as brilliant. Do the Pats really need to change anyting on defense if they picked up a cover corner? Suddenly the QB holds the ball longer and sends more receivers which frees up the pass rushand voila more sacks, pressures and knock downs. I guess the question at this point is are there any corners out there that would come in here for a chance at a ring? My guess is no unless they're well paid but one can hope.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

It's aggravating when you think they have something that could help the team but it's not being used. I know he's not the answer but like I said this guy was good at one time. He's fast as hell, even if he has the brains of a tree and can't pick up the playbook can't they run him deep on a corner if for nothing else to get him tired? He just might get open once or twice. 

Thanks jim/alfie

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

It's aggravating when you think they have something that could help the team but it's not being used. I know he's not the answer but like I said this guy was good at one time. He's fast as hell, even if he has the brains of a tree and can't pick up the playbook can't they run him deep on a corner if for nothing else to get him tired? He just might get open once or twice.  Thanks jim/alfie
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Im with you Sam. I really think this week would be a great time to give Galloway a shot and perhaps a confidence builder.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I always enjoy Tedy Bruschi's Breakdown.  This week he mentioned that we should watch Brady and see where his checkdowns are going.  If he's ignoring the third receiver, then there's a serious issue.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Here's why BB is the best coach ever--and how he clearly respects our opinion:

You’re probably not aware of this because it’s mostly just chatter among media and fans, but given the fact that a third receiver hasn’t really stepped up behind Randy Moss and Wes Welker, people are saying ‘Well, maybe this guy [Tate], a third-round pick, could fill that role.’ Is that a realistic expectation this year?

Belichick: "I don’t know. He hasn’t been on the field for one play all year, so I really couldn’t answer that. I mean, it’s not his fault, that’s just the way it was. He wasn’t out there in the spring and he was on PUP when we went to training camp, so I’d have to defer to the fans and the media on that one. They probably have a lot more insight into it than I do at this point. I mean, we haven’t seen him play, so I can’t answer that."

Sections
Shortcuts