4 days till the lock out begins will they reach a agreement?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

4 days till the lock out begins will they reach a agreement?

Right now its not looking too good from what i heard ,so I hope they work something out fast!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesse75. Show jesse75's posts

Re: 4 days till the lock out begins will they reach a agreement?

In Response to 4 days till the lock out begins will they reach a agreement?:
    [QUOTE]             Right now its not looking too good from what i heard ,so I hope they work something out fast!
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]
      nope  not from i read and listening to the leaders comments   lockout looms...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

My guess is they go to past the deadline. I wouldn't be surprised if the owners hold off on the lockout for a while though.  They want to look good in this negotiation and extending the deadline will be a good PR move.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

No agreement will be had. Both sides want but neither side wants to give. Goiod luck on the unemployment line to the future cashiers of America...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

There probably won't even be an official lockout.  The union will decertify before the owners can lock them out.  Then they will sue the NFL for antitrust infractions and they will continue on in court.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

no

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think they extend the deadline once, and then it goes to a lockout.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Anarchy99 has a good point. I didn't realize that the current CBA prevents the union from decertifying for six months if they don't do it before the expiration date.  That makes it much more likely that the union will decertify this week. If the union decertifies, it essentially is no longer a union and won't represent the players or collectively bargain for them.  Players will negotiate as individuals instead. 

The league, though, wants to keep the union and will challenge decertification in court. Individual players, meanwhile, will challenge the league's practices as anti-competitive in court.  That will get very ugly.  Lots of risk for both sides because no one knows how the courts will rule. 

One thing a lot of fans don't realize is that the union and CBA benefits owners in many ways as much as it benefits players. That's why the league will fight so hard to prevent the union from decertifying.  The threat of decertification this week just might be what's needed to get a deal done . . . but who knows? 

Sections
Shortcuts