4 Superbowls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

4 Superbowls

We have played 4 Superbowls this year. The pressure on this team at every away game has been OFF THE F'N CHARTS. What other team in the NFL has to play with that much pressure?

The Saints are a great team and we had a bad night.

We are going to the Playoffs and while they have given us no reason to think they'll do well once they're there, we also know if any team in the league can turn it around it the Pats.

I think Randy Moss said it best last night:

"I know towards the end of the season, November and December, is really when you want to play good football, so I got big, big dreams and hopes for this team, and I don't think Bill [Belichick] is going to let us down. I know he's going to put it to us this week and further on. So, we got to just take our lashes and keep working hard and see if it pays off."

Let's be depressed today and move on. Our season is far from over. It's not like we're the Jets or something!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Re: 4 Superbowls

Every team has 'big' games, to think the Pats 'big' games are bigger than other team's big games is myopic and self-important.  Week 2 against the Jets is a 'Super Bowl' type game?  The Jets are a bad team, the Broncos are nowhere close to an elite team.  On the whole the Pats have a pretty light schedule by virtue of playing in the very bottom heavy AFC East. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

"light"?
    Colts-Saints? divisional matchups?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: 4 Superbowls:
    [QUOTE]Every team has 'big' games, to think the Pats 'big' games are bigger than other team's big games is myopic and self-important.  Week 2 against the Jets is a 'Super Bowl' type game?  The Jets are a bad team, the Broncos are nowhere close to an elite team.  On the whole the Pats have a pretty light schedule by virtue of playing in the very bottom heavy AFC East. 
    Posted by Calmy[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about the talent of the other teams, I'm talking about the hype surrounding the game. If you don't think that pressure affect the players, you're crazy. I'm not blaming our mistakes on it, I was just making an observation and saying it certainly doesn't help us. Every game so far we have played on the road has been treated like the Superbowl for the other team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

In Response to Re: 4 Superbowls:
    [QUOTE]"light"? Colts-Saints? divisional matchups?
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'd find too many teams who wouldn't trade their divisional match-ups with the Pats.  Colts-Saints are obviously tough games, other than that they will play what, 2 other play-off teams?  4 out of 16 games against play-off teams is not a hard schedule.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Every top team in every sport can make that claim.  What's your point?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Good point on the road games...

NYJ: 1-0 = Huge game for the Jets at the time (Brady not 100%)
    Denver: 5-0 = McDainels / BB matchup
    Colts: 8-0 = Manning vs Brady (you know the story)
    Saints: 10-0 = NUff said...

The remaing road games are Miami, Buffalo & Texans... not nearly as much hype.

Sections
Shortcuts