42 drop backs, 18 rushes...pure idiocy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

42 drop backs, 18 rushes...pure idiocy

All that, IN THE RAIN!

God forbid a guy fumble in those conditions. If they treated every dropped pass like that fumble, McCourty would've been in at WR by game's end.

McDaniels succeeded in NE with a pre-injury Brady, Moss and Welker. He failed in Denver as the head coach. He failed in St Louis as the O Coordinator. He's failing back in NE.

At no point did Brady look GOOD, as he did in the Snow Bowl against Oakland, so there was no justification to pass 2:1. None.

The D gave up a whopping 13 FKING POINTS! And you beat you head against the wall for 6? Seriously. I've asked this question FAR too many times since McD has been back.

With exceptional weapons, he produces exceptional offenses. With average weapons, he's lost.

Your D TAKES the ball away with 3:30 to go...and the first thing you do is GO FOR IT ALL!!!!! Oh my fking head. Best case scenario...score!!! Yay!!!! Tie game, and your D is right the FK BACK OUT THERE WITH NO BREAK! 3:00+ minutes to go, and a D that was finally looking tired after the Pats lost the T.O.P. battle by 10 minutes. It was actually more before those last few minutes when the Pats had the ball.

No ball control. Nothing to help a QB who looked off. Nothing to account for the miserable conditions. No help for the D who keeps piling up injuries. 

Just pure, indefensible fking stupidity. 

The loss is fine. In fact, it's not a bad thing at this point of the season. I just HATE losing when so many bad decisions are made on top of it. Cincy is a good team, with a TOP D, there was no need to make it easy for them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: 42 drop backs, 18 rushes...pure idiocy

I think a lot of the passes might have been in the 4th quarter and they may have been more balance before that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think a lot of the passes might have been in the 4th quarter and they may have been more balance before that

No. They abandoned the run game in the second half, for the most part.

McDaniels and Brady are infamous for making things WORSE in close, lower scoring games, thinking they have to throw their way to the win.

The excuse, falsely so, used to be "our D cannot be trusted", but as you can see with a lights out D so far this year, on the road, at home, etc, that has not changed. It's that one point in the game when they abandon it and then I sit back and say "here we go, huge risk and a likely loss".

I am right again.

It's the philosophy and approach not the name on the jerseys in this system. All the tools are there and we chose not to use them.

The question in these situations, is WHY?  Why does Brady want to pass that the unbalanced rates he does?

[/QUOTE]

Brady doesn't call the plays or send out the formation.  I think I saw him audible out of 1 play. 

Changes need to be made.  McD sucks.  Another BB failure.

Calling DR. Kraft...paging DR. Kraft.  STAT

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Whatever happened to the conventional wisdom of using the rushing game, draws and screens in bad weather?  The whole idea in such weather is to induce the defense to commit one way and have the play go another; the defense is typically slower in making the in-play adjustment, gicing the offense an advantage.

I guess our genius OC/QB combination thought they'd fake out the D by throwing an throwing deep.  They forgot that their WRs are raw and TB12 no longer can throw deep balls accurately with any degree of consistency!

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The Pats are a threshold team.

IF Brady is given just enough time he will hit the intermediate passes, short passes and be able to dump off to a RB when the rush gets close. The Patriots offense will eat teams up. 

If he does not get he time and gets closed in..his accuracy on the intermediate passes goes to pot. 

At that point the other team can key on short passes , the run, screen and quick passes to the one step drop wides. Everyone but the  CB's in man can spend there life within a few feet of the line of scrimage and even in the backfield. The othe team s pressure multiples and the Pats offense looks overmatched. See vs Ravens in playoffs.

Today was the 'best' I have seen this strategy work on the Pats but not the first time.

All they need to do is break enough plays to force the pressure back..but that is hard unless the o-line, Brady and some big playmakers step up and break some big plays. Did not happen today. 

So, sometimes the rush sets up the pass..today that would not have worked. They needed a few big plays to set up everything and I think the Bengals were giving then quite a bit downfield.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

[QUOTE]

No. They abandoned the run game in the second half, for the most part.

McDaniels and Brady are infamous for making things WORSE in close, lower scoring games, thinking they have to throw their way to the win.

The excuse, falsely so, used to be "our D cannot be trusted", but as you can see with a lights out D so far this year, on the road, at home, etc, that has not changed. It's that one point in the game when they abandon it and then I sit back and say "here we go, huge risk and a likely loss".

I am right again.

It's the philosophy and approach not the name on the jerseys in this system. All the tools are there and we chose not to use them.

The question in these situations, is WHY?  Why does Brady want to pass that the unbalanced rates he does?

[/QUOTE]

Brady doesn't call the plays or send out the formation.  I think I saw him audible out of 1 play. 

Changes need to be made.  McD sucks.  Another BB failure.

Calling DR. Kraft...paging DR. Kraft.  STAT

[/QUOTE]

Brady does call some plays when he audibles. Yes.  No one cares what you think you saw as a liar to protect Brady here.

Also, when they take a timeout, they discuss their options. Brady is not this wind up robot like you claim.

[/QUOTE]

Quite the contrair, troll shim.

No one gives a crap about YOU lying to protect BB. 

Try some plastic cover on that poster, poster boy.

BB+ GM=FAIL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

The Pats are a threshold team.

IF Brady is given just enough time he will hit the intermediate passes, short passes and be able to dump off to a RB when the rush gets close. The Patriots offense will eat teams up. 

If he does not get he time and gets closed in..his accuracy on the intermediate passes goes to pot. 

At that point the other team can key on short passes , the run, screen and quick passes to the one step drop wides. Everyone but the  CB's in man can spend there life within a few feet of the line of scrimage and even in the backfield. The othe team s pressure multiples and the Pats offense looks overmatched. See vs Ravens in playoffs.

Today was the 'best' I have seen this strategy work on the Pats but not the first time.

All they need to do is break enough plays to force the pressure back..but that is hard unless the o-line, Brady and some big playmakers step up and break some big plays. Did not happen today. 

So, sometimes the rush sets up the pass..today that would not have worked. They needed a few big plays to set up everything and I think the Bengals were giving then quite a bit downfield.

See, I don;t know that is really the case. When I saw that playaction on the second play, that tells me they wanted to come out throwing more today, which I think is a mistake.

1.  CIncy does have a good D.  Leon Hall, Kirkpatrick, Johnson, etc, were out, Nelson with a hammy, so the offense should have taken advantage of that.

2. Amendola was back.

3. I liked how Brady was not in the shotgun, but they were still passing too much, especially in that second half.

There comes a point, where when they are trailing or not scoring a lot, they panic and go into full on predictable mode.

I though the last drive where Brady was handed a gift roughing call with a fresh set of downs and then another odd lob to Dobson, sort of summed up how wrong the approach was today.

18 carries? I would have given Bolden 18 carries for crying out loud. We do that, we win this game.

The key is to get that run game going so Brady can use his lethal play action.  I think with Gronk back next week, we hope, this changes the equation but the concern for why they keep doing this is there.

I can tell you right now the games where Brady must have a run game to lean on, regardless of the score in the game or the time in the game.  We should have kept running because we didn't run well enough in the first half.

It's not like the D wasn't holding and holding and holding, so the opp was there.

You know, considering the Bengals only scored 13 points pounding the D-line with Bolden and BLount for 3-4 series even if they did not get anywhere with it would better than what they did. It would have at least set up those big plays the pats desparately needed to force Cincy into a less agressive mode...but  they still need Brady to be able to hit the broad side of a barn or see/find the open reciever. If he can not do that then the Bengals would continue to crowd the line opening up nothing.

Concerned Bradys dimisnishing ability to go downfield is the real issue. Look at the highlight of the season..the Thompkins catch vs. ATL ..even that was way underthrown.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

You're starting to see the real Blount I'm afraid. He's a big Laurence Maroney. He is a tease. Ridley is 10 times better, so is Bolden. 

This offense with Gronk and Vereen will be fine. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Reading through the play-by-play is just aggravating.

For what it's worth, there was exactly one touchdown scored, here's the play sequence:

Pass, sack, pass, run, pass, scramble, run, pass, run, pass, run, run, run, RUN - TD.

7 passing plays (1 of which turned into a run), 7 running plays. 

The Pats' drives ended in a similar, frustrating fashion every time. pass, run, pass, punt. Run, pass, pass, punt. 

Over the first 3 drives, Blount had four carries...4 yards on 1st, 2 yards on 1st, then back to back run of 10 and 7 yards. Think he was just getting warmed up? On his 9th carry he fumbled. That was not quite midway through the second quarter. He ended up with 12 carries for 51 yards. It's fairly obvious he got punished for fumbling. In the rain. Against a very good D, and especially good DLine...

I mean. I want to punch someone for that. Hard. In the nuts. With such harsh standards, I'd have expected Mallet to take a few snaps. And maybe the two junior Belichicks should get to run a few quarters since Dad 'fumbled' the first half. (for those that aren't ware, his two sons work on the coaching staff, one on the sideline, one in the coaches box...it's turning into a family affair in Foxboro).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Reading through the play-by-play is just aggravating.

For what it's worth, there was exactly one touchdown scored, here's the play sequence:

Pass, sack, pass, run, pass, scramble, run, pass, run, pass, run, run, run, RUN - TD.

7 passing plays (1 of which turned into a run), 7 running plays. 

The Pats' drives ended in a similar, frustrating fashion every time. pass, run, pass, punt. Run, pass, pass, punt. 

Over the first 3 drives, Blount had four carries...4 yards on 1st, 2 yards on 1st, then back to back run of 10 and 7 yards. Think he was just getting warmed up? On his 9th carry he fumbled. That was not quite midway through the second quarter. He ended up with 12 carries for 51 yards. It's fairly obvious he got punished for fumbling. In the rain. Against a very good D, and especially good DLine...

I mean. I want to punch someone for that. Hard. In the nuts. With such harsh standards, I'd have expected Mallet to take a few snaps. And maybe the two junior Belichicks should get to run a few quarters since Dad 'fumbled' the first half. (for those that aren't ware, his two sons work on the coaching staff, one on the sideline, one in the coaches box...it's turning into a family affair in Foxboro).

BB gets carried away with the punishment sometimes.

Remember not starting Welker.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

BB has been our coach since 2000. He has coached and managed this team to 5 SB appearances, 7 AFC title games and the highest winning% of any franchise in the NFL and you want to call him a failure because Brady has a crappy game?

Do you realize how sick you sound?

Deflate all Brady dolls in that closet you like to hide in, Sally.  Return the industrial sized jar of Vaseline, too.

Brady has a long way to go to prove to our team that he can be the Brady of old again. I thought last week was a great step in that direction, but he took a huge step back today.

Years and years of bad drafts and bad FA signings and wasted cap space ( millions  upon millions in dead money)  due to all of those bad picks, catch up to you, troll shim.

This GM hasn't put out a good team since 2007.  It's been incredibly flawed and NOT SB material, since.  Top rated O's and bottom feeder D's don't win SB's.

First the anemic defense  for 5 years and now the Offense on life support. Flat lined today.

Decent defenses??? and bottom feeder Offenses, don't win SB's.

NO one and I mean NOOOOO one blows up a top rated O in the twilight of a great QB's career.

It's lunacy!

No wonder you adore him and want his babies.  LMAO@U

Good BAD job BB

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Agree. Absolutely hopeless job of play calling by Mcdaniels again today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

Agree. Absolutely hopeless job of play calling by Mcdaniels again today.

How did Brady do, Brad?

lmao

Not good. 1 of his worst performances

Sections
Shortcuts