45-3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

45-3

Any discussion of the Jets @ New England game has to start with the last game's score. 

Has New England lost many key players since then?  Is Fred Taylor back?  Have the Jets lost anyone?

On average, BB is known for winning games the second time in a season that he plays another team.

This was a blow to the Jets' psyche.  Will logical positivism help the Jets?  Would a shrink help the players to recover their equilibrium?  How do the Jets not worry that the same disaster isn't hanging over their heads.

Rex Ryan practicing verbal voodoo on Tom Brady?  Sacrificing a goat? (not the special teams coach.) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: 45-3

When a team has to make a point of reminding you that what happened last time is not in their heads . . .

It's in their heads.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

May not be in their heads now, but you know next week, if jesters fall behind by 1o-14 points you know what they will be thinking.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

p-mike:  you know that statement works both ways

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The Jets don't have any choice but to try to act like the last game never happened. If we jump on them early and often it will go a long way towards reminding them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

i still think, especially now considering the jets won and moved on, the stupidest thing that buffoon rexy coulda done was go taking lil swipes at TFB when there was absolutely no logical reason to do so. he couldve stroked manning off all week without once mentioning tom brady. i dont know about anyone else, but i get the feeling TFB will be doing plenty of "studying" this week. the jets may think getting embarrassed last time around is some kinda rally cry, but me thinks rex is gonna come to regret tuggin' on supermans cape for no good reason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

It's great to have that as a reminder, but I'm sure BB is not talking about it with the team. You have to prepare like it never happened, but use the leassons learned from it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

56-10

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

What happened in previous games really has nothing to do with an upcoming game.  For example, Saints beat the Seahawks by more than 2 TD in the regular season but lost yesterday.  The Packers beat the Cardinals by nearly 4 TD in the regular season last year but lost to them in the playoffs.

The Pats should win next week, but people expecting another blow out are likely going to be disappointed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: 45-3:
    I dont think we´ll see another blowout...  but is gonna be NE all the way !!! something like 34 - 18   The Jets can´t play VS our 2 TE formations. The Jets can´t cover our "short" recievers (welker, branch, woody) The Jets can´t handle Hernandez & Gronk They can put preassure on brady, they can sack him   Our defense "just" have to contain the Run...  something around 120 - 145 yds would be great. We have to force Sanchez to try to win trough the air.
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

Then there's the "3" part.  What if the Jets can't score more than 3 points, with 3 ints?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to 45-3:
    Any discussion of the Jets @ New England game has to start with the last game's score.  Has New England lost many key players since then?  Is Fred Taylor back?  Have the Jets lost anyone? On average, BB is known for winning games the second time in a season that he plays another team. This was a blow to the Jets' psyche.  Will logical positivism help the Jets?  Would a shrink help the players to recover their equilibrium?  How do the Jets not worry that the same disaster isn't hanging over their heads. Rex Ryan practicing verbal voodoo on Tom Brady?  Sacrificing a goat? (not the special teams coach.) 
    Posted by Paul_K

Why is that exactly?

The two previous games have zero to do with what goes down in the game this Sunday.

Nothing at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Normally I would agree, but it's debatbale and it's because of their QB and how their D matches up.

It's a bad match up for the Jets because NE changed it's offensive personnel mid season and NY still has the same set of personnel on D.

Their D is like a Steelers D, but they play more man than the Steelers.

I am sure Rexie thinks he can ask his team to play more zone this time, but I still think that is worse because of how Brady just annhilates zone, especially with time.

But the problem is, this is not Reggie Wayne and Jacob Tamme with no real run game threat.  Good job by the Jets to play zone somewhat decently for once against a legit QB, but Rexie isn't fooling anyone.

This is Brady, a very good run game, multiple TEs, slot WRs and crafty flankers.

You cannot change the fact that NE's personnel is a very tough match up issue for that D to contend with for 4 Qtrs.

If Brady and the offense do not turn it over, expect 30+ points again.

If NE gets off to one of these 14-0 starts, which I can see after a week off with a Bye, watch out.  The more and more NY presses, the more and more that December game may look like Part II.

The intangible is who plays harder. If NY simply wants it more, this is their big chance to show it.

NY MAY have an advantage with their run game up front, but I still see NE over-commiting here trying to take it away.

Sanchez will need the game of his life. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 45-3. Show 45-3's posts

The last game has no bearing on this game.
    Posted by tompenny

Yeah keep telling yourself that.  After all it was a whole month ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Sunday's game will make the first Iraqi war look like a battle royale eeked out by coalition forces...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

9 possessions, 9 touchdowns

Pats win 63-0

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The last game has no bearing on this game.
    Posted by tompenny

Actually, the last game's 45-3 score means that this game is in windy Foxboro, not in New Jersey.  Furthermore, it means that the Jets had to fly and eke out a last second victory in Artificially-Piped-In-Sound Stadium while the Patriots healed up, put in 5 new gimmick plays and watched more video.

Sections
Shortcuts