45-3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

45-3

How much do you think this will help.

I think about that game everytime the Patriots blow out a team that we have the potential to meet again.

There was a quote that I read about Wilfork, during a meeting, pulled out names of great statistical teams that fell short of the Super Bowl.

I don't think this is lost on the Pats. 2010 should be a clear reminder of a team rolling only to lose to a team you beat 45-3.

If the Pats find a way to win the Super Bowl this season. I'm going to look back at the 2010 season as a lesson learned for the young core of this team (Gronk, Hernandez, Spikes, McCourty, etc).

This W is officially just another one of ten for this team. The score of the game doesn't matter anymore. Need to look at the next game as a 0-0 Patriots vs the 0-0 49ers, because as we all know, last week does not guarantee anything for next week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: 45-3

If we meet Houston again in the playoffs (hopefully at home!) you can bet BB will let them hear it about 2010 all week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Nothing you did in the past really matters.  It is about that game you are playing on that day.

We will have to show up and show out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Yeah... Had that same thought... Or similar like, this game doesn't mean much, and that the result 42-14, could end up helping to motivate Texans if they meet again for all the marbles... Like in 2010. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

And then I remember Schaub has won 4 big games his whole career and Brady has won about 30.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Txns. on the slide, injuries like evryone else so back to earth they came with an on again off again QB...Much like Flaco...  Gotta be NE and Denver.  Brady v.s Manning just like the days of yesteryear...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I would love to see Peyton in Foxboro in January...with the same results as the old days of course.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to mississippipatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nothing you did in the past really matters.  It is about that game you are playing on that day.

[/QUOTE]

Disagree a bit. Otherwise, that's like saying big game experience does not matter (which a lot of people say was a huge difference in the Monday Night Game). Yes, you have to show up that day, but you need to use past experiences to benefit you. Otherwise, you're just playing as a rookie.

Even Giants players will admit that the 38-35 losses in 2007 and 2011, respectively, helped them.

The nucleus of this team was part of that 2010 disappointment. Patriots absolutely demolished the Texans. Almost human nature for them to go into a rematch and let up a bit because theyre overconfident. I would think the Texans would come into a rematch with more will and fight (then again, this looks like a team of quitters)

Point is, that 2010 was a learning experience. And I feel that it makes it LESS likely that a similar thing happen to this team again. It's called learning from your mistakes.

This nucleus of this 2012 team has been humbled by a playoff upset in 2010 and a disappointing end to a Super Bowl in 2011. I don't think of this as a largely young and inexperienced team like I did in 2010 and 2011. This is a playoff tested team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mississippipatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Disagree a bit. Otherwise, that's like saying big game experience does not matter (which a lot of people say was a huge difference in the Monday Night Game). Yes, you have to show up that day, but you need to use past experiences to benefit you. Otherwise, you're just playing as a rookie.

Even Giants players will admit that the 38-35 losses in 2007 and 2011, respectively, helped them.

The nucleus of this team was part of that 2010 disappointment. Patriots absolutely demolished the Texans. Almost human nature for them to go into a rematch and let up a bit because theyre overconfident. I would think the Texans would come into a rematch with more will and fight (then again, this looks like a team of quitters)

Point is, that 2010 was a learning experience. And I feel that it makes it LESS likely that a similar thing happen to this team again. It's called learning from your mistakes.

This nucleus of this 2012 team has been humbled by a playoff upset in 2010 and a disappointing end to a Super Bowl in 2011. I don't think of this as a largely young and inexperienced team like I did in 2010 and 2011. This is a playoff tested team.

[/QUOTE]

The greater point is that the 2012 Patriots have improved on both sides of the ball since we lost to the Jets. I'd contend that the current team with the blance we have on the offensive side due to our ability to run the ball and the improvements made on defense is the best team we've had since our Superbowl runs. In 2008 if you had a stout front seven that didn't need safety help in stopping our run game with the ability to pressure Brady and had corners to play press on Moss and Welker (Ravens & Giants) we were in trouble...The same could be said of last years team too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Yes, the Houston game is now history. Today, the Pats begin to prepare for the 49ers. Concentrate on only the next game in front of you and let the chips fall where they may. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

GRONK SMASH!!!!

2010 was different, we were cocky and we took the Jets lightly. Rex then pulled out a fabulous game plan to limit Brady and we had nothing else to counter it. Now, Wade Philips can bring out his all-star gameplan and it wouldn't matter worth a damn. We dominated them with our best receiver out, we're going to be 100 times tougher once The G-Man is back. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Plus, in 2010, our defense play a great game against a team that always plays us tough. The defensive play that night of the blowout was an abberation and we found out in the playoffs. This year, our defense, thanks to Talib, is good enough to make plays for us if everyone stays healthy. 

BB doesn't even start gameplanning until the AFCCG. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to dmpc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, the Jests won in 2010 because the Pats DEFENSE couldn't stop their offense.  Did ya even watch the game?

[/QUOTE]

Neither side played well, Brady had a bad game too. 

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts