46 sec left and kneel down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

46 sec left and kneel down

Am I the only one who was infuriated when they did this. Horrible playcalling. And this is not just in retrospect. I was upset as it was happening. 

The field goal would have been 37 yards. 37 is not a gimmie. Then we had a ridiculous false start, making it a 42 yards. 42 is DEFINITELY not a gimmie. What stupid playcalling. And I blame Belichick here not McDaniels since these kind of decisions are usually made by the HC.

And he may have had faith in the kicker, but this is ridiculous. How many times have we seen game winning drives that need a field goal and teams (us included) keep trying to get extra yards for the kicker unless they run out of downs. Only when a FG is less than 30 yards do usually teams run the clock down. 

Although it's no guarantee we would have gotten more yards, I think even if we had run it we'd have picked up a few more, let alone throw a sideline route or something. 

This was just stupid. I don't care how many people love to pray at the altar of Belichick, this was a retarded decision. Especially after they had the false start, should have reversed the decision and try run the ball or something. What idiocy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Re: 46 sec left and kneel down

that FG won them some superbowls.  i knocked it too but gotta look at both sides of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

that FG won them some superbowls.  i knocked it too but gotta look at both sides of it.

[/QUOTE]

Do you even remember those superbowls. What are you talking about. In the first one they had less than a minute for the whole drive and they only barely got in FG range when time was running out and then hit a FG. This time they wasted 46 sec. Are you even listening to what I am saying. 

They should have gotten the ball a lot closer. They didnt run out of time or downs. They acted like idiots. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

This has been discussed elsewhere on these boards but I agree with you strongly and I am not sure why they did not go for more. The Cardinals seemed shocked by the fumble (Woodhead was hardly touched on the TD run) so why play for the only thing that could save them. A long missed FG. Did they think Brady would pull a Phillip Rivers and fumble a snap?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

me too, i was wondering why they wouldn't try and pick up more yardage. its not by any means a chip shot fg when you consider the pressure that he's under. 

Ghost choked, plain and simple. he hits a 52 yarder earlier with no pressure then blows this one. it looked like he rushed it and pulled it to the left.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats not the point -- past games have nothing to do with this one. I seem to remember the Pats trying to get the TD in past games -- I also was confounded by the Pats logic to not try and gain yards?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yeah, that was nuts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I absolutely hated their decision to just try and get the ball centered for the field goal on three consecutive plays...awful.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Yes, that has won some SB's but usually becasue they just got in to FG range with seconds left.

In this case they had 1rst down and essentially 2-3 free plays to make something happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Even Rodney on Football night in American was shocked the Patriots didn't try to score a TD and just flopped and settled for a FG try.  I guess were all in agreemnet that Josh F'ed up as bad as Ghost

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I agree with the consensus. I understand Ari just showed us what can happen with that fumble but I think with the time we had, we should have ran some safe plays. Anybody notice WW was open almost everytime he was on the field?

Sections
Shortcuts